June 04, 2024, 11:26:29 PM

Author Topic: Eto'o in, Ronaldinho out for Osasuna fixture  (Read 1025 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Eto'o in, Ronaldinho out for Osasuna fixture
« on: February 03, 2007, 12:59:22 PM »
Eto'o in, Ronaldinho out for Osasuna fixture

MADRID, Feb 3 (Reuters) - Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o has been included in the Barcelona squad to visit Osasuna in the Primera Liga on Sunday.

Brazilian playmaker Ronaldinho was left out after struggling with bruising to his right knee and ankle following the 1-0 King's Cup defeat by Real Zaragoza on Wednesday.

Eto'o's inclusion is a surprise after he returned to full training only three days ago and he had not been expected to make an appearance until next weekend.

He has been out for four months after tearing the meniscus in his right knee against Werder Bremen in the Champions League on Sept. 27.

'Samuel's return is good news for us. I have included him for team morale and to play. He won't complete a full match but he's been cleared by the doctors and is fit to play a few minutes, half an hour or more,' coach Frank Rijkaard told a news conference on Saturday.

With Argentine forward Lionel Messi due to return from three months out with a foot injury, Rijkaard said: 'The return of Eto'o and Messi has a positive effect not only because we have more players to choose from, but for the squad, for the training sessions, our psychological state, and because they are quality players.'

Barcelona top the Primera Liga by one point from Sevilla, who host struggling Real Sociedad, also on Sunday.

David Beckham has again been left out of the Real Madrid squad and will miss Sunday's home game with Levante. Beckham suffered a leg inury in training but that was not the reason he was omitted, said coach Fabio Capello.

After Beckham announced his decision last month to join Los Angeles Galaxy, Capello said he would not pick him again for the remaining six months of his contract.

Capello has since softened his stance, saying he could return if he was fit and showed the right attitude. He has been unavailable for the last couple of games due to minor injuries.

yes who n dead badly wounded. we top hit man soon make his return ;D
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eto'o in, Ronaldinho out for Osasuna fixture
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 01:03:54 PM »
I guess Ronaldinho missing the Portugal friendly then

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eto'o in, Ronaldinho out for Osasuna fixture
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 02:30:56 PM »