June 16, 2024, 02:21:21 AM

Author Topic: Tobago United goes Scottish.  (Read 10612 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Tobago United goes Scottish.
« on: April 13, 2007, 06:32:59 AM »
Tobago United goes Scottish.
By: Inshan "Flex" Mohammed.
[/size]

Despite selling two of their better players in Kwame Wiltshire and Dwayne Jack to Joe Public and San Juan Jabloteh respectively. Tobago United refuse to just sit tight with their current team and insisted on strengthen up for the 2007 Pro League season. Their latest acquisition is Scottish based goalkeeper James Baird who will join the lone Tobago based Pro-League outfit for the upcoming season. James was born on the 25th of May, 1983.
When asked why T&T and why Tobago of all clubs, the Caucasian 5" 10 - James replied "I chose T&T because I love the culture and the people there, they are so friendly. Trinidad as a country is booming, it was like a mini America for me."
"I trained in Trinidad with Superstar Rangers and really enjoyed myself while there. I have never played a match due to only being there a short time"
"I chose Tobago because after speaking to head coach Mr. Peter Granville, he made me feel like the club had a lot of potential and with his knowledge and coaching the team should have a great season"
"About my contract, I will find out all the details once I arrive in Tobago soon."
The former Hearts, Hibernian, Livingston FC, Alloa and Stenhousemuir FC player said he was even proud of T&T at the 2006 FIFA World Cup and that his favorite T&T player has to be Marvin Andrews.
"I thought T&T really did themselves proud at the World Cup and really played exceptionally well especially against England.
"My favorite T&T player would have to be Marvin Andrew as I was a youth player at Livingston with him and love his never say die attitude."
James who represented his native Scotland at Under 16 and Under 17 level was made aware that Tobago United haven't won a single PFL game since 2004.
He said" Yes !! however, I am coming to help change that ...and I think with a blend of hard work and talent this can be achieved"
"My family is also in full support and that would also drive me to do better. I would like to thank them for all the time, effort and money they have spent on me over the years. Also, my wife for putting up with me."
His wife will be moving with him in Tobago but not for a few months and they both will be staying in an apartment in Tobago.
"My main goal is to win the No. 1 shirt at United and improve as a Pro player"
"I saw 5 games last season mostly Superstar Rangers games and was really impressed with the standard of the competition here in Trinidad"
"I think the top few clubs could definitely compete with most of the Scottish Premiership clubs although the football is more physical in Scotland and could have a slight advantage"
"For me I think Jan Michael Williams could definitely play over in Scotland. And at Superstar Rangers Colombian Milton Gomez, Lorne Joseph and Errol Mc Farlane impressed me a lot."
James ended his interview with high remarks for the Soca Warriors Online website saying that "I really like the website and think it give a great knowledge of Football in Trinidad and Tobago, it has to be the best in T&T ended James."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 09:06:59 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Tobago United goes Scottish.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 07:02:13 AM »
check yuh spelling on Superstar rangers not ramgers ;D nice tuh see men from outside want tuh come trini and play.

well if de cyah play good de need a good goolie ;D tuh stop all de goal on dem. Yuh cyah lose if nobody score on yuh. dey still may not win but aleast de go draw more games ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 07:03:07 AM »
Congrats bro. Hope things go well for you there. Maybe you'll meet my parents someday.

Keep me posted.

Lata and enjoy de day
Richard G.
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 07:03:46 AM »
Best wishes James.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 07:09:54 AM »
Wow, a Caucasian !

I can't say I've seen too many press releases that describe the players skin colour.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 07:14:20 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 07:12:45 AM »

Wow, a Caucasian !

I can't say I've seen too many press releases that describe the players skin colour.

Nothing wrong with that Fury, I am sure James was cool with that too and no bad intentions was involved, its the proper class to call someone instead of just saying white. It shows every creed and race finds an equal place and may God Bless our nation.....  :angel:

All the best James I see you played for a good few clubs in Scotland, you know the pay may not be as good as the one in Scotland, but hopefully you will benefit from this oneday.

Tobago should do well because they still have decent players based in Tobago playing in the Super League, but maybe they need someone better incharge.

Good luck and welcome to T&T !!!!!!!!!!

Nice work Flex, this is why this site is #1 !!!!! we love everybody....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 07:25:29 AM »
Sam... sorry tuh be of topic but what is that amp;amp;amp in your signiture about..  am I missing something? I always wondered about it
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 08:22:28 AM »
Good Luck to the Guy, Souns like a cool person

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 08:34:12 AM »
5'10" dem get a midget to play in the goal  ;D All the best though
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 08:44:18 AM »
tartan tobago
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 10:05:16 AM »
Wow, a Caucasian !

That's how we roll in Trini ;D

Anyway...Tobago United ent win ah single game in going on 3 yrs :o  I hope Point Fortin Civic Centre can do better than that. :beermug:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 10:05:48 AM »
tartan tabombo
You've been hanging at the Reggae Boyz Site too much man  :-\

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 11:01:05 AM »
Nobody realise james baird does be posting on the site and he registered since march '06
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1699

Just a quick message to say i am james Baird (blair in this articlle) the scottish goalkeeper who might be coming to play for Rangers... can people tell me about the club ect...
James
HI,

Can anyone tell me about Tobago united and what they think they will be able to do this season..Ie there new players ect?

Cheers

J

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 11:31:16 AM »
Wow, a Caucasian !

That's how we roll in Trini ;D

Like dem eh know we have Soca Bagpipe man does come down and compete in Soca Monarch or wha?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jamesgk1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 12:18:13 PM »
check yuh spelling on Superstar rangers not ramgers ;D nice tuh see men from outside want tuh come trini and play.

well if de cyah play good de need a good goolie ;D tuh stop all de goal on dem. Yuh cyah lose if nobody score on yuh. dey still may not win but aleast de go draw more games ;D

on yi go james we are all behind u on this from the bodysense team we are all proud of you. (blackpool

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 12:53:51 PM »
at least he in tobago.

that is a baaaad side.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 03:16:01 PM »
Nobody realise james baird does be posting on the site and he registered since march '06
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1699

Just a quick message to say i am james Baird (blair in this articlle) the scottish goalkeeper who might be coming to play for Rangers... can people tell me about the club ect...
James
HI,

Can anyone tell me about Tobago united and what they think they will be able to do this season..Ie there new players ect?

Cheers

J

Actually I realised it the moment I read it. He has been here b4 trying to get infor about clubs in TT.

Ah glad for him. Great challenge but it seems like  professional step backwards.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 04:12:03 PM »
this is very nice news to hear. if i was bringing in european foreigners into the league , i'd prefer they start at tobago united.
 so what  if it was indicated that he's white? i thought that he was black at first.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 04:18:17 AM »
Good exposure you give this man Flex. I wish him all the best.

5"10 isn't bad, Kelvin Jack is like 5"11 and he had some great days, he was the best keeper I ever saw play for T&T when he was at his best, go to planetworldcup and see the write up he gets. He has 2 problems, he's not consistent and he gets injured a lot. But what a keeper he is. I saw that man save some impossible shots and then on his bad day the easiest goals go in.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 04:19:53 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 08:55:57 AM »
This man play any game for Tobago yet ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 12:47:40 PM »
this is very nice news to hear. if i was bringing in european foreigners into the league , i'd prefer they start at tobago united.
 so what  if it was indicated that he's white? i thought that he was black at first.
I think the issue is that when players are discussed you rarely see their race mentioned.  I understand why it was mentioned...James is a rarity among rarities, but still a li'l tacky if yuh aks me.  No harm no foul though, very good work by Flex.

Great attitude on the part of James too, as skeptical as I remain.  If I'm looking to develop my talent and become more of a professional the PFL probably would be the last place I'd contemplate, and Tobago United the last club at that.  However if I want a more permanent vacation, get tuh kick some ball on de side AND get paid for it too...sheeeiiiitt.

I in dat.

But my cynicism aside, good luck James and hope you have a great time in the sister isle  :beermug:

1]; } ?>