June 16, 2024, 12:12:45 PM

Author Topic: Fenwick exposes youths at high atmosphere  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fenwick exposes youths at high atmosphere
« on: October 10, 2007, 11:21:40 PM »
Fenwick exposes youths at high atmosphere       
Wednesday, 10 October 2007 
By Mark Anthony Scott...

San Juan Jabloteh head coach Terry Fenwick is already looking towards the future where his playing personnel are concerned.

This was very evident last Friday in his selection for Jabloteh’s First Citizens Cup third place play-off against United Petrotrin.

Fenwick took the opportunity to rest a few of his regulars and give the exposure to his youth team charges in the senior squad.

Jabloteh went on to win the match 1-0 and take away with the First Citizens Cup third place thanks to a second half strike by midfielder Khaleem Hyland.

Following the victory Fenwick told the media, “With the large crowd on hand, it was the right setting for us to play a very young side. The likes of Thomas, Villaroel and a couple others coming off the bench all had good performances and I am very pleased.”

However coach Fenwick does not expect these young players to take the League by storm just yet. But feels his youngsters can contribute in his focus to win the League saying, “The League is our priority and with our talented youngsters we got around us, we expect them to be there about at the end. During the game against Petrotrin, we had youngsters, 17, 18, who didn't look out of place at all. I think it was important to give them a flavor of this atmosphere, with the large crowd of the final. Overall it was a good experience for them,” said the former English international.

The Jabloteh coach wants to add as many trophies to the club's trophy cabinet, so while holding on to their current top spot in the League and having missed out on the First Citizens Cup title, he said that there are still other Cups up for grabs this season.

Fenwick added, “We still got two Cup competitions to come, so we will be giving it a go right till the end. We want to win as much as we can, the League is obviously our priority, and with the youngsters around, they can help.”

With the amount of young promising players coming through the ranks, coach Fenwick looks at this season as one of transition for San Juan Jabloteh, and he insists that it will continue for the remainder of the current season, as he seeks to solidify the clubs position atop the TT Pro League standings, more so as the season draws to a close.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick exposes youths at high atmosphere
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 08:54:01 AM »
That's an unfortunate headline... :beermug:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick exposes youths at high atmosphere
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 09:41:54 AM »
That's an unfortunate headline... :beermug:

;D
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>