June 14, 2024, 06:15:50 AM

Author Topic: T&TFF got more than $173m.  (Read 13985 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: T&TFF got more than $173m.
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2007, 03:00:01 PM »
i rushed to the site after seeing this as the  trinidadexpress website headline .
if this  all proves to be true, i'm extremely disappointed in the ttff. i genuinely thought the suing players were being selfish, but now i see the ttff are the  selfish ones  for blacklisting them.
what the  f**k  they (ttff) do with all dat money?
Legal Alien,
may I invite you to peruse this thread by DREAMER,(<--Click here) who has spent many hours relating to all of us the shenanigans of the stewards  ::) of our football, the one, the only JACKULA and company.
Thanks to Dreamer again. :applause: :applause: :notworthy: :notworthy:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 07:20:34 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2007, 03:09:19 PM »
Ah wunder why the PNM release these documents now, the timing is suspect?  Does it have anything to do with the election comming up?  Politics could bring down ah elephant.

oh me or my. Without getting into further details, there was a request was made from the legal team here in London for release of the information through the freedom of information act and the figures were released.

I wondering what so difficult to understand about that...it only states it plainly.

I find you  to be aggressive in your responses, as though only your opinion matters and you have the most eduaction.  In case you are not sure everyone is entitled to an opinion.  You must learn to live and let live sometimes????

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2007, 03:27:59 PM »
I find you  to be aggressive in your responses, as though only your opinion matters and you have the most eduaction.  In case you are not sure everyone is entitled to an opinion.  You must learn to live and let live sometimes????
You have some special button, or perhaps God-given ability that allows you to read 'aggression' on your computer screen or something? lol...

Whether other people's opinions matter or not is peripheral to the fact that if I see something that's painfully evident...or painfully stupid, then that's what I'm gonna say.  If you want nice, pretty dulcet tones then maybe you need to log off the internet and go watch yuh "Auntie Hazel" VHS tapes. 

Second paragraph in the article

The financial disclosure was made by the Trinidad and Tobago government after a request by the players' England-based legal representatives, Bates, Wells and Brathwaite London LLP Solicitors, on August 22, 2007, in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act.

As I said, dunno what so difficult to understand...not even a matter of differences in opinion.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2007, 03:43:53 PM »
i rushed to the site after seeing this as the  trinidadexpress website headline .
if this  all proves to be true, i'm extremely disappointed in the ttff. i genuinely thought the suing players were being selfish, but now i see the ttff are the  selfish ones  for blacklisting them.

You must be real new to TTFF actions if that is what you thought.

Where Touches! Memory long and I hate to say "I told you so."
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2007, 05:00:33 PM »

That is putting it EXTREMELY mildly. unbe-fu@&ing-lievable!!!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2007, 06:56:09 PM »
Oh Lord, Jackula ent call a press confeence yet?  You know he go say that the PNM playing politics because he is UNC.  He go have to come better than that.  But ah cyah wait to hear what he have to say, that lyin' tief along with the idiot yes-men, Groden them.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2007, 07:11:51 PM »

!!?? You cyar be serious?
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2007, 06:09:55 AM »
you know I reading some of the posts in this thread and and I VERY confused.

Are some of you suggesting that NOTHING should be done and to just let Jackula rob money from players over and over again.
some of you have FRIENDS who have been treated very badly by Jackula and yet you say, "Oh but if we go after Jackula, the players will suffer serious ramifications". Maybe I am misunderstanding some of the posts here.

People, Look at history, when ever an illegal situations have been brought to an end there has in fact been hardship...but that hardship is the price of FREEDOM.....FREEDOM, from the despicable people and their actions.

Keep up the HARD work players and let's not stop until there is legitimate change in the TTFF.

But this is a true consequence of taking any action, we could potentially get ban from international football if the Government takes legal action against the TTFF. FIFA forbids government involvement in the running of national associations, so if we wanted the government to take the TTFF to task over this issue they would have to be very careful. Didn't FIFA ban an African nation (?Nigeria) a few years back, when their government decided to run its national association due to apparent corruption? I feel the government doing nothing exactly fuh this reason and also because they waiting to see what happening with the players legal action. The Government cyah do nuthin directly to Jackulia as "Officially" he ain't directly involved with the TTFF and as such is not directly linked to missappropriating the 173M, If they do anthing to the TTFF as a whole it is possible FIFA go ban we, so the only realistic alternatives is to see what happens with the players legal action or take an individual TTFF administrator (such as Camps) to task on Fraud charges for example. Personnally we should just "bite the bullet" and clean house, jail the whole lot including Warner (doubt that go happen as he go run), take the resulting ban from the next World Cup and regroup fuh 2014. That is extremely unlikely as the careers of many of our young players may be severely affected.

Jack may be boldface and a stain on our international rep but we all know he ain't stupid.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2007, 07:32:50 AM »
$173m???????!!!!!!  What de cudder munt is dis????  All I have to say is wow! And den want tuh offer dem fellas (WC players) crumbs off de plate???  another wow!!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2007, 09:07:16 AM »
Are some of you suggesting that NOTHING should be done and to just let Jackula rob money from players over and over again.
some of you have FRIENDS who have been treated very badly by Jackula and yet you say, "Oh but if we go after Jackula, the players will suffer serious ramifications". Maybe I am misunderstanding some of the posts here.
People, Look at history, when ever an illegal situations have been brought to an end there has in fact been hardship...but that hardship is the price of FREEDOM.....FREEDOM, from the despicable people and their actions.
Keep up the HARD work players and let's not stop until there is legitimate change in the TTFF.
But this is a true consequence of taking any action, we could potentially get ban from international football if the Government takes legal action against the TTFF. FIFA forbids government involvement in the running of national associations, so if we wanted the government to take the TTFF to task over this issue they would have to be very careful. Didn't FIFA ban an African nation (?Nigeria) a few years back, when their government decided to run its national association due to apparent corruption? I feel the government doing nothing exactly fuh this reason and also because they waiting to see what happening with the players legal action. The Government cyah do nuthin directly to Jackulia as "Officially" he ain't directly involved with the TTFF and as such is not directly linked to missappropriating the 173M, If they do anthing to the TTFF as a whole it is possible FIFA go ban we, so the only realistic alternatives is to see what happens with the players legal action or take an individual TTFF administrator (such as Camps) to task on Fraud charges for example. Personnally we should just "bite the bullet" and clean house, jail the whole lot including Warner (doubt that go happen as he go run), take the resulting ban from the next World Cup and regroup fuh 2014. That is extremely unlikely as the careers of many of our young players may be severely affected.
Jack may be boldface and a stain on our international rep but we all know he ain't stupid.
We all know who Sepp Blatter's Daddy is.........so until Sepp Blatter can get re-elected to the Presidentcy of FIFA without the help of Jackula, we will be stuck with all this Corruption.
We also know that even though Jackula is the "Special Advisor" on paper, in reality he IS the driving force behind the TTFF.........very smart move, but one day he WILL be exposed for his misdeeds.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2007, 09:28:53 AM »
As usual, this is my PERSONAL view!

Jack Warner is involved s he was appointed by TTFF to be head of the world cup local organising committee who were tasked to raise funds and generally oversee the preperation for and attendance at the World Cup finals.

Regarding government intervention in football, it is worth remmembering that FIFA are not above the law. Whatever their bylaws state, they cannot supress legal and/or criminal investigations. They receive subpoenas like any other organisation. Remember, even governments aren't above the law. They also cannot be seen to delay or interfere with the legal process.

It is possible (and quite likely) that if this matter goes to court, FIFA will temporarily suspend TTFF. This is right and proper. Yes, it will damage the development of football in T&T short term, but with all due respect to the current national squad, do you really think they'll get to SA withoutthe blacklisted players?

The best outcome is that FIFA allows Trinidad to compete under strict oversight and providing the blacklist is lifted.

Again, this is my personal view.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2007, 09:52:09 AM »
As usual, this is my PERSONAL view!

Jack Warner is involved s he was appointed by TTFF to be head of the world cup local organising committee who were tasked to raise funds and generally oversee the preperation for and attendance at the World Cup finals.

Regarding government intervention in football, it is worth remmembering that FIFA are not above the law. Whatever their bylaws state, they cannot supress legal and/or criminal investigations. They receive subpoenas like any other organisation. Remember, even governments aren't above the law. They also cannot be seen to delay or interfere with the legal process.

It is possible (and quite likely) that if this matter goes to court, FIFA will temporarily suspend TTFF. This is right and proper. Yes, it will damage the development of football in T&T short term, but with all due respect to the current national squad, do you really think they'll get to SA withoutthe blacklisted players?

The best outcome is that FIFA allows Trinidad to compete under strict oversight and providing the blacklist is lifted.

Again, this is my personal view.

So long as Sepp Blatter is FIFA President and Jack Warner remains his Vice President, FIFA will do nothing that will go contrary to Jack Warner's wishes regarding T&T football.

So while your opinion may be correct, it will remain theoretical and flat out fantasy until the facts above change.

This is not to say that Jack & co should remain unopposed and allowed to continue raping our football unfettered.  Far from it.  By all means....take whatever action needs to be taken, just remember until those things change, yuh blowin a fart in a category 5 hurricane.

As a lover of T&T football, I wish to GOD the situation wasn't like that, but unfortunately, it is.  I would gladly sacrifice WC 2010 and a ban from FIFA for 2 years or more if it meant that Jack Warner and his cronies were completely eradicated from T&T football.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 09:57:44 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2007, 09:57:32 AM »
palos, you go ahead believing that Jackula ad Sepp are untouchable. I in a different camp, believing that chess is to be one by those with the best moves. Simple.
Good luck to you.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2007, 10:01:05 AM »
palos, you go ahead believing that Jackula ad Sepp are untouchable. I in a different camp, believing that chess is to be one by those with the best moves. Simple.
Good luck to you.

No my friend.  Good luck to YOU!  And I sincerely hope (I really mean this) that your messageboard handle isn't a portent of a greater reality.

Besides.....please read my post CAREFULLY.  Nowehere did I say that either Blatter OR Jack were UNTOUCHABLE.  I said so long as they remain in their current positions of power, nothing will change with respect to T&T football.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 10:03:18 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2007, 10:05:36 AM »

Rodney boy, jack may not seem stupid, but one thing that is obvious is that he is arrogant, and more often than not, people like him get ultimately taken down by their own arrogance more than any of their other character flaws.  jack spends so much of ttff money on himself, his sons and his minions and yes-men is a shame.  "Man can do as he please, but not for as long as he please."  If the players union have their way, jack, skulliver scamps and a few ohter people will be exposed (officially) for what they are: common thieves.   :beermug:  Respek.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>