June 17, 2024, 01:20:51 AM

Author Topic: Avery John joins St Mirren for training  (Read 1319 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Avery John joins St Mirren for training
« on: March 25, 2008, 10:56:28 AM »
New England Revolution defender joins St Mirren for training
(icrenfrewshire.icnetwork.co.uk)

Mar 24 2008

NEW England Revolution defender Avery John has joined St Mirren for training as he works on his fitness ahead of the MLS season.

The 32-year-old star – born in Trinidad – is a good pal of former Revolution ace Andy Dorman and his request to join the Buddies for daily training sessions has been granted.

But it’s understood John is not on trial at Love Street and is expected to head back to the USA to prepare for Revolution’s season opener against Houston on Saturday, March 29.

John is no stranger to football this side of the Atlantic as he enjoyed a brief stint in Irish football in 2001 at Shelbourne. He went on to play for Bohemians a year later.

And, in 2003, he played for Irish outfit Longford Town, before he was lured to the MLS, where he has since made 75 appearances for Revolution.

John is also an internationalist with Trinidad and Tobago with 61 appearances.

His friend Dorman has been a huge hit with St Mirren since making the move from the MLS to the SPL in January.

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Avery John joins St Mirren for training
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 11:58:24 AM »
AJ better call he agent, cause sunday i was watch ah MLS preview show with a break down of all d clubs and he was listed as one of the players that left the club.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 12:11:20 PM »
AJ better call he agent, cause sunday i was watch ah MLS preview show with a break down of all d clubs and he was listed as one of the players that left the club.

I believe the stuff about returning to MLS, at least returning to the Revs, is wrong info.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 10:19:27 PM »
I taught dat NE Rev ship have sail
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 01:06:40 PM »
I was wondering what he was up to and i thought that he was out of contract at the Revs?

1]; } ?>