June 16, 2024, 05:21:30 AM

Author Topic: Aussies to supply 6 ships to Coast Guard  (Read 1509 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Aussies to supply 6 ships to Coast Guard
« on: April 24, 2008, 08:54:48 PM »
Peter Christopher pchristopher@trinidadexpress.com

Thursday, April 24th 2008

Australian company Austral Ships PTY has confirmed it has secured a contract to supply six all-aluminium vessels to the Trinidad and Tobago Coast Guard.

The company announced on its website http://www.austal.com/index.cfm?objectid=740974F6-65BF-EBC1-2AF8188E9785B973 yesterday that it had secured a contract from the Government of Trinidad and Tobago to build six vessels to bolster the Coast Guard's patrol fleet in surveillance of local waters and the interception of illegal drugs.

The boats, powered by two MTU 16V engines, will have a top speed of 40 knots, will be armed with three general purpose machine guns and a 20mm Cannon.

The boats, which measure 30 metres in length, are to be manned by a 12-member crew.

The boats are expected to be delivered by 2010, the company said.

The Perth-based company added that it is obligated to provide a familiarisation programme as well as crew and maintenance training for the vessels.

The company is also to provide five years maintenance following the delivery of the boats.

The company has also built boats for the Australian Royal Navy as well as the governments of Yemen and Kuwait.

In March, National Security Minister Martin Joseph announced that $313 million had been spent purchasing the vessels.

Two used vessels were also acquired by the Government and refurbished for use by the Coast Guard.

The interim vessels were launched yesterday.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 08:59:40 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

truetrini

Re: Aussies to supply 6 ships to Coast Guard
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 04:59:28 AM »
40knots....steups ah did de RFP for dem boats and it was ah damn joke.  40 knots? 

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 05:22:16 AM »
you dont find 40 knots fast enough ? I asking cause I dont know but it seems fast for boats that size
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 08:46:48 AM »
you dont find 40 knots fast enough ? I asking cause I dont know but it seems fast for boats that size

I find it coulda be faster!  I wished it were 60 knots.  The range is excellent though and in fairness it is well equipped.

I am pissed off becasue the RFP was a straight rip off from some ah dem African Nations.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 08:49:46 AM by truetrini »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 12:02:50 PM »
the fast patrol interceptors building in brittan, i count about 20 new vessels with different capabilities to come that he mention, it had a promo video that dey show of d coast guard present capabilities to d audience it look wicked men and dem look like navy seal lol     
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 01:06:50 PM »
The entire Coast Guard will now have to be increased by about 500 for these boats to be used effectively.

Additionally, there must be some process put in place that ensures Officers are now chosen based on required degrees, rather than mere O'Levels.  There will also need to be greater specialization and a great change in the culture.  The availability of alcohol during working hours should be cut off. 

Personnel should have to undergo competency for duty tests if they look under the influence of alcohol and drugs, random drug testing should become part of the culture and there should be fitnaess standards inplemented.  The T&T CG has some real f**king big belly men.

The annectodal evaluations must be done quarterly and the T&T Coast Guard should become more like a T&T Marine.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 06:02:10 PM »
Tuetrini,
             You sound like a military man. The big men not only in the CG, but also in the Police service.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 06:12:01 PM »
The entire Coast Guard will now have to be increased by about 500 for these boats to be used effectively.

Additionally, there must be some process put in place that ensures Officers are now chosen based on required degrees, rather than mere O'Levels.  There will also need to be greater specialization and a great change in the culture.  The availability of alcohol during working hours should be cut off. 

Personnel should have to undergo competency for duty tests if they look under the influence of alcohol and drugs, random drug testing should become part of the culture and there should be fitnaess standards inplemented.  The T&T CG has some real f**king big belly men.

The annectodal evaluations must be done quarterly and the T&T Coast Guard should become more like a T&T Marine.
I heard that from an Military fella who working SAUT now. I better sign up, I hear CG officers get a lot of opportunities for training.

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 06:39:44 PM »
further force increase will be necessary when the larger ships come in from england

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 07:04:59 PM »
further force increase will be necessary when the larger ships come in from england
when i become PM you go be meh minister of defense,u go set up de DEFCON ting. ;D
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

1]; } ?>