June 16, 2024, 05:44:07 AM

Author Topic: TT look gift horse in the mouth  (Read 7302 times)

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TT look gift horse in the mouth
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 11:24:23 AM »
Dis forum is de bestest oui, ah have tears in mih eye

Look Slimmy makin people go to WAR over kool-aid

slimmy..whey mih 9 teams yuh supposed to fact name fuh mih?   better yet whey diamondslim he abandon yuh?

Dirty pardner, since ah cum in here ah take meh lisks lake ah man, u no deh call me all kind ah name, and ah even tell yuh ah like d slimmy name u give me, but many ah dem want 2 cum in d kitchen but dey kar take d fire ah breding on dem.  Wen d see they kar take d lisk r sharing out d trying any kind of low down means necessary.  Ah har 2 tell ah must be ah real boss pardner wen dey want to petition to remove slimmy   from d froum when some country bookie (ah in calling she name) don't know what Cool-aid drinking means and u expect dar person to have an informed opinion.  So u see, some ah d cool -aid drinking bashers (ah put she in dey now) Kar deal with Slimmy so do trying all kind r odder means. 
Doh worry, meh pardner diamondslim mus be on vacation and r sure when he come u go see he post again.  He go sen u de odder 9 teams 2.
"If you think education is expensive try ignorance."

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2008, 12:19:51 PM »
As much as JW is ^

It difficult to argue using this media , ah much rather we sit inna rum shop over some cold beers and discuss, but back away from JW's misdeeds for a minute and put yuhself in both a parent's shoes or a young boy or girl boots and think what it means for them to see their children or ifor the child to play in the national stadium?
Think about all the young friends they have and other pparents who come in support to see these kids playing in our "Big stadii", self estemm is transferable and a lot of our youths lack that.
I would concede to Jack if allowing these kids to play in ths stadii built by the people instills a higherr level of patriotism and national pride.
Compare that against playing a game on Fatima or Moruga Composite.
Hope a getting closer to making my point.

Compo field is boss...lol

I agree that the kids should be given the opportunity to play in the stadium, but is that not the responsibility of the TTFF? The onus is on the TTFF to approach the government with a feasible plan that both parties can work with. The government made their position clear on the availability and use of the facilities. Now, it is up to the TTFF to say ok, we can work with this, but not that.

Instead we have one "member" of the TTFF playing politricks with the future of aspiring footballers. What proposal has the TTFF put before the goverment to try and nullify this mess that they find themselves in? Remember the TTFF is supposed to be for "the good of the game." How arethey upholding this motto by throwing tantrums and holding the country ransom with threats?

We must be objective, and I believe that we because each one of us on this board (I hope) can come up with a simple plan to allow the youth teams to play in the stadia. I would suggest the TTFF approach the government with a proposal which states:

1) We (the TTFF) stand to gain no profit from this tournament, but for the exposure of young people of this country

2) We would propose that the government sponsor the TTFF use of the Stadia

3) All gate reciepts will go to the expense of team expenditure (travel, accomodation, meals, etc)

4) At the end of the tournamnent an audit of the books for the youth tournament will be made available immediately.

The governement cannot according to FIFA have no invested interst of the federation, therefore, the federation - if they require assistant from the government - needs to work with the government and not the other way around. Remind me of the beggars in town, asking for something to eat but telling what yo should buy for them to eat, can't happen. Tip your hat and say much appreciated.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 01:02:50 PM »
Lemme help alyuh out on SLIM Kool Aid Drinking!!
We must all understand when posts are made so as not to infer nuttin  ;D

1.    drink the kool-aid    

A reference to the 1978 cult mass-suicide in Jonestown, Guyana. Jim Jones, the leader of the group, convinced his followers to move to Jonestown. Late in the year he then ordered his flock to commit suicide by drinking grape-flavored Kool-Aid laced with potassium cyanide. In what is now commonly called "the Jonestown Massacre", 913 of the 1100 Jonestown residents drank the Kool-Aid and died.

One lasting legacy of the Jonestown tragedy is the saying, “Don’t drink the Kool-Aid.” This has come to mean, "Don’t trust any group you find to be a little on the kooky side." or "Whatever they tell you, don't believe it too strongly".

The phrase can also be used in the opposite sense to indicate that one has embraced a particular philosophy or perspective.
Alice: Hey, did you hear that Joe is working on the Nader campaign?
Bob: Yeah, he really drank the Kool-Aid on that one.

Chris: I'm thinking about attending a PETA rally
Donna: Whatever you do, don't drink the Kool-Aid!

2.    drink the kool-aid

To completely buy into an idea or system, whether good or bad.
Coach Bellichick got his players to drink the kool-aid.

Going along with what a crowd desires. Often used when a person changes positions on a topic.
Dave got a haircut and a new suit. Looks like his company is making him drink the kool-aid

Touches, tanks 4 d help pardner cause alot a dem need help, buh da is war ah like bout d forum, we does try to help those less fortunate  ( ah no u want me to call she name, buh as i say before I in calling no names eh pardner).

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 01:31:22 PM »

1.    drink the kool-aid    

A reference to the 1978 cult mass-suicide in Jonestown, Guyana. Jim Jones, the leader of the group, convinced his followers to move to Jonestown. Late in the year he then ordered his flock to commit suicide by drinking grape-flavored Kool-Aid laced with potassium cyanide. In what is now commonly called "the Jonestown Massacre", 913 of the 1100 Jonestown residents drank the Kool-Aid and died.

One lasting legacy of the Jonestown tragedy is the saying, “Don’t drink the Kool-Aid.” This has come to mean, "Don’t trust any group you find to be a little on the kooky side." or "Whatever they tell you, don't believe it too strongly".

The phrase can also be used in the opposite sense to indicate that one has embraced a particular philosophy or perspective.

2.    drink the kool-aid

Going along with what a crowd desires. Often used when a person changes positions on a topic.
Dave got a haircut and a new suit. Looks like his company is making him drink the kool-aid

Touches, tanks 4 d help pardner cause alot a dem need help, buh da is war ah like bout d forum, we does try to help those less fortunate  ( ah no u want me to call she name, buh as i say before I in calling no names eh pardner).

SLIM seriously, you never hear black ghetto youth referred to as "cool aid drinkers" meaning uneducated, poor, black ghetto living?

Most everyone know of the Jonestown episode, but the first thing that came to mind was the black ghetto youth reference cause that is "pop culture".

But say what...it's all good.  ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2008, 02:22:37 PM »

1.    drink the kool-aid    

2.    drink the kool-aid

SLIM seriously, you never hear black ghetto youth referred to as "cool aid drinkers" meaning uneducated, poor, black ghetto living?

Most everyone know of the Jonestown episode, but the first thing that came to mind was the black ghetto youth reference cause that is "pop culture".

Elan the tern derives from Jonestown. It refers to the cult-like following of people to do or to act on the instrructions or teachings of the leader. Now Slim(Y), (s)camps and other JW apologists are true red cool-aid drinkers.

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2008, 02:30:03 PM »

1.    drink the kool-aid    

2.    drink the kool-aid

Ah sorry pardner, I go grow up in Laventee and r never hear that and I am very serious about that.  I never hear my friends from Nelson street use that term either.  Which ghetto u talking about?  Is it a Trinidad Ghetto or USA ghetto?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2008, 02:37:25 PM »
USA ghetto ^

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2008, 03:26:05 PM »
USA ghetto ^

Sorry Elan but that term is not and has never been associated with Ghetto youths. Is used in a derogatory form to show blind,unthinking followers. In politics you have the Clinton and Bush Cool-aid drinkers. People who would vote republican or demaocrat regardless of the shit that the leader is doing. This is in reference to the followers of Jim Jones who knowingly drank the cool-aid laced with poison because their leader said to do it.

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2008, 05:52:17 PM »
USA ghetto ^

Sorry Elan but that term is not and has never been associated with Ghetto youths. Is used in a derogatory form to show blind,unthinking followers. In politics you have the Clinton and Bush Cool-aid drinkers. People who would vote republican or demaocrat regardless of the shit that the leader is doing. This is in reference to the followers of Jim Jones who knowingly drank the cool-aid laced with poison because their leader said to do it.

Sub1, thank 4 helping out meh pardner Elan.  Sub1, doh ler dem fellas ger u any of that cool-aid, u hear. 

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2008, 06:05:08 PM »
USA ghetto ^

Sub1, thank 4 helping out meh pardner Elan.  Sub1, doh ler dem fellas ger u any of that cool-aid, u hear. 
[/b]

Slim if you follow this board you will realise that many ...no the large majority of posters know their stuff and are very sigle-minded and knowledgeable about things football and its running in T&T.

Thus you will find 99% of the posters are very anti JW and for all the right reasons. JW has done more harm to T&T's football than good and it gets worse with every Mugabe moment that he is in charge. But you seem to believe that he has done brilliantly for T&T. Enjoy life with the 1% of Jack's coolaid drinkers that occasionally pop up on the board.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2008, 09:46:48 PM »

I eh go lie dred... you real surprise me with dat.  You should shame ah dotish man like SLIM get dat cultural reference right and you was liming some way way out in left field.

Hope dah one doh need explanation too.

...for the record WC and Touches have it right... buying de company line at all cost.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2008, 09:49:49 PM »
USA ghetto ^

Correct...except I wouldn't say they drank it knowingly... more blindly. 

They weren't critical enough, or intellectually curious enough to challenge what was preached to them, so they bought wholesale any and everything the huckster was selling.  Much like the morons who believed Iraq had WMDs and who voted Bush back into power.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2008, 09:59:01 PM »
No dread I hear high schoolers with that talk, and I know for sure they not into the Jonestown history. Is not that I get ketch, at first what RTG said came straight to mind but, the when SLIM replied I catch on. I have heard kids call out kids kool aid drinkers and it worse when they say you drinking the red cool aid.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2008, 10:10:57 PM »
No dread I hear high schoolers with that talk, and I know for sure they not into the Jonestown history. Is not that I get ketch, at first what RTG said came straight to mind but, the when SLIM replied I catch on. I have heard kids call out kids kool aid drinkers and it worse when they say you drinking the red cool aid.

Can't say that there is no truth to what you say... kids will forever continue to define and revise colloquial expression.  Kool-Aid (especially 'Red') is associated with black American culture the way collard greens, fried chicken and cornbread is (and "orange soda" for that matter)...so I understand the link.

I just don't think that explanation/interpretation is as widely known or accepted.  Probably more a regional thing located around your way. Maybe they just appropriating the expression for their own purposes... who knows.

At any rate... I find great irony in SLIMs unfettered use of the saying, especially given his penchant for blindly questioning anything critical of Jack, while simultaneously blindly accepting anything positive about him.  You'd swear is Moses self come down from de Mount professing Jacks virtues de way he buying it.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 12:08:29 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2008, 10:21:44 PM »
Aight allyuh...back to the original intention of the thread.

Peter O'Connor has long been a spin doctor of Jack Warner. No suprise that the would use this article to vilify the Sports Minister....citing politics and so forth when any person when presented with a view of the facts of the matter would realise that this entire folly is being escalated by Mr. Austin "Jack" Warner. Strange that in all the two articles he has written thus far (that I have read) that he has not taken the opportunity to publish the agreements, both prior and present that governed the usage of the stadia. As I have said before, the general short attention span public...with their typical waggonist behaviour will not be aware of the factors leading to this situation and thus the Sports Minster realising the loss of his political appeal would be more likely to concede, leaving this brood of vipers known as the TTFF with a victory, both political and practical. We need to do our part to correct and make the public aware of these issues.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2008, 10:57:29 PM »
Bakes way you been the last week I say people scare you off....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2008, 12:07:31 AM »
Bakes way you been the last week I say people scare you off....

Lol... nah dred, I was wrapping up some summer academics... had to bunker down.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2008, 07:42:26 AM »
Allyuh notice SLIM eh reply to anybody who present him with facts on the stadia issue  ::)

And den he want tell us is WE drinking JW kool-aid  :rotfl:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2008, 10:18:33 AM »
Hey SLIM, watch this video and tell if you could make out the facility the team training in.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g8nMMLYazIw

1]; } ?>