June 06, 2024, 11:48:25 PM

Author Topic: Three strikes for Tinto and Smith  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Three strikes for Tinto and Smith
« on: August 08, 2008, 06:27:58 AM »
Hereford sign Oji
Vital Hereford United

Hereford United have signed the former Birmingham and Orient defender Samuel Oji.

Oji appeared for the Bulls during the latter part of their pre-season programme and obviously did enough to secure terms with Hereford.

The 22-year old was released by Leyton Orient at the end of last season after failing to maintain a regular spot in the O's back four following the arrival of ex-Bull Tamika Mkandawire.

Oji, has Nigerian roots but was born in Westminster and started his career as an apprentice at Arsenal, before signing as a full professional with Birmingham City in the summer of 2004.

Further experience was gained during loan spells at Doncaster Rovers, Bristol Rovers, Southend and Leyton Orient.

Indeed, after a three month loan spell at Brisbane Road Oji linked up with Orient on a permanent basis in January of this year.

Graham Turner said he was hopeful that a deal for the player could be struck before the weekend's match against Oji's former colleagues, and so it has proved.

Speaking to the Hereford Times and BBC Hereford & Worcester about the prospect of new signings yesterday, Turner said:

'We are talking with Sam Oji's agent about a deal.

'I wouldn't rule out the possibility of another arrival before Saturday.'

However, the Hereford United manager also revealed that no contract offers would be made to the 'Alias Smith & Jones' triallists Hayden Tinto and Conrad Smith aka Gerry Ani and Leroy Jamieson!

The Trinidad & Tobago internationals have had trials with Hereford, Yeovil and Rotherham during the summer.

'We have decided against offering them deals,' added Turner.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Three strikes for Tinto and Smith
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 06:58:41 AM »
That could'nt be good for them boys confidence going forward,it's unfortunate though but a rude awakening which suggest that while they think they have something to offer the big teams outside can't see it...............

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 07:00:44 AM »
That could'nt be good for them boys confidence going forward,it's unfortunate though but a rude awakening which suggest that while they think they have something to offer the big teams outside can't see it...............

Competition is STIFF.  Yuh competin with players from all over the world.  Is not surprisin at all.  All they can do is keep trying and do their best.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 08:59:34 AM »
They couldn't sign anyway (not enough caps and FIFA ranking).... so whats the big deal....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 09:36:44 AM »
However, the Hereford United manager also revealed that no contract offers would be made to the 'Alias Smith & Jones' triallists Hayden Tinto and Conrad Smith aka Gerry Ani and Leroy Jamieson!

Can anyone explain this?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 09:55:59 AM »
them men was just in de us on trials.

lard them bad lucky
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 09:59:56 AM »
Considering de amount of men dah cyah even sniff a trial I would say dem 2 fellas real lucky.

On another topic, I does wonder if dese fellas does come away from these trials knowing what areas dey need to improve on?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 10:09:46 AM »
Considering de amount of men dah cyah even sniff a trial I would say dem 2 fellas real lucky.

On another topic, I does wonder if dese fellas does come away from these trials knowing what areas dey need to improve on?

Dunno y u find dat lucky, maybe u mean cuz dey get a trip to England? Cuz trials really isnt no big deal over here. My old flatmate had a trial for Yeovil, and he is not a footballer at all, never played any sort of organised football and wudnt even make a half-decent savannah side. But dey took him on trial cuz his cousin was goin, so dey jus tell him 2 come along too. Dem smaller clubs willing to have a look at anyone.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 10:58:13 AM »

Dunno y u find dat lucky, maybe u mean cuz dey get a trip to England? Cuz trials really isnt no big deal over here. My old flatmate had a trial for Yeovil, and he is not a footballer at all, never played any sort of organised football and wudnt even make a half-decent savannah side. But dey took him on trial cuz his cousin was goin, so dey jus tell him 2 come along too. Dem smaller clubs willing to have a look at anyone.
They're lucky because they've been on several trials and not just in the England, while there are others who can't even get called to go along with dey cousin to see a trial. That's what I mean. Especially if it's so easy, as you say, to get a trial in England. Just a presenting a different point of view.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 11:00:46 AM by Mose »
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 03:53:57 PM »

Can anyone explain this?

I am confused about that too. Can anyone explain?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 04:44:15 PM »

Can anyone explain this?

I am confused about that too. Can anyone explain?
Best I can get from Google is that it's a Hereford slang term they use when trialists play under fake names. For example from 2006:
United featured a number of triallists and it remains to be seen whether Alsop, if that is indeed his real name, is destined to feature again.

Graham Turner declined to be drawn on the identities and provenance of the newcomers, whom he referred to as `Alias Smith and Jones'.

Why would trialists play under fake names? Me eh know.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 04:47:20 PM by Dry So »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 10:45:32 PM »
Keep at it doh give up
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 08:00:55 AM »
smeels like a proved win colum for cali to me ;D

hard luck
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>