May 29, 2024, 04:26:02 AM

Author Topic: Scotland delighted to miss Trinidad's next games.  (Read 5071 times)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland delighted to miss Trinidad's next games.
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2008, 02:10:50 PM »
A national team coach who is unaware of the fitness level of his players is unacceptable

That's the only "point" Scotland have as far as I can see.

He was called to be part of a training squad to prepare for WCQ games

He was subsequently selected as part of an 18 man squad to represent his country in those games

Nowhere did it state that he was guaranteed a start or a run out...even a cobo sweat.

Game conditions and situations determine who plays unless you're an automatic pick which Scotland clearly is not.

It was the same for him under Beenie.  He didn't see a second on de field in Germany but he was happy to be included then.

He is well within his right to refuse the call to come back given his history of lack of playing time.  I wouldn't blame him for that all.  But if by some MIRACLE, T&T make it to SA 2010, watch and see who go eat he biscuit and hush he mout bout playin time.

From what he indicated, there wasn't much training going on.

I agree with you though.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2008, 02:41:44 PM »

I would not be against Scotland for the way he feels,it's an opportunity players jump at when called to represent their country,but i still feel if he was not in any condition to play he should have said it.This brings me to this point,sometimes i'm sure players are just called to make up numbers or because the selectors are being pressured to call them,they know those guys not going out there it's the reason why T&T is not predictable,it's all kind of politricks taking place.When a player is delighted to miss T&T next games it should tell us something,anybody that loves this game(T&T) should never have to feel this way.        

But Coops the man said he wasnt fully fit and Maturana say he eh know nutten about that.. Why call him up if you not planning to use him?? Imagine we down 2-0 against the USA at half time and you would think that the coach would make some offensive changes, yet he still leave him riding pine.

I fully agree it is an honor to represent your country, but their is no pride to be gained from just being called up yet still not getting an opportunity to do so.

I sympathise with him.. It not easy to fly thousands of miles across the world to sit on a bench on such a repetitive basis.

Scotland basically has done as much over the last couple years to state his case, but is frustration after frustration...  Imagine yuh banging 30 goals a season setting records for your club, but yuh cant crack the starting lineup with Stern and KJ in front of you. But even after Stern get frozen out and KJ injured, STILL yuh fly across the planet to bench for man like Andre Toussaint and Jerrol Forbes.

That sort of thing would disillusion even the most patriotic and patient professional..

i totally agree with you it's exactly what i'm trying to say,it seems like something just not right,they all know he was not one hundred percent why call him up to sit him on the bench,the politricks with this is he suppose to be in line if KJ/Stern not playing so at least let us show the public we call him,we have a Football public if they don't know you you should not be there,names got to play,it's all about the crowd. 

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2008, 02:52:11 PM »
That spanish is a BIGGER problem than we thought.  What they couldnt tell Maturana in spanish Scotland was not 100% fit after the operation.  Does Dave Muhammed tell him that,  i know he know Scotland had an operation.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2008, 03:19:09 PM »
From what he indicated, there wasn't much training going on.

I agree with you though.

Different coaches handle training differently.  Some like to do the vast majority of high intensity training 3 days and more prior to major games.  Others prefer a shorter window.  Whichever way you go, the reality is that you have at least 5 of your players coming in from "outside" 3 - 5 days prior to the game.

Once they come in, yuh have to give them time to adjust to jet lag etc.  The FIFA window does not give National teams much time to prepare for World Cup games unless yuh basically have a total local squad and even then, yuh does get fight down from some local clubs.

De day before a game, yuh doin light work...no setta heavy trainin.  Yuh have game day itself.  Den de day after de game, yuh probably have a day off for recovery purposes.  Den yuh fly out de nex day fuh yuh match in Chicago.  It eh have noe direck flight to Chicago from T&T so yuh have to go thru Miami.  Yuh probably have a layover dey of anywhere from 3 to 8 hours before yuh go to Chicago.  Yuh reach Chicago after a pretty much full day of travelin, yuh eh doin nutting dat day and nex day, yuh doin light trainin...in we case it rain plenty so man kick a ball in a hotel ballroom.  Man ketch kicks but it was better dan doin nutting at all.  Final day before de nex game, again...yuh trainin go be light.  More dan likely limbering up exercises and watchin film, goin over chalkboard to see where yuh went wrong de las game.  Workin on dead ball situations etc.

De fact is, most National coaches like ours who have a good portion of their players playing abroad, rely on those players' clubs to train them.  I would think it wasn't any different under Beenie or anybody else.  The format and the structure of the practices might have been different but I don't think the intensity was any different.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2008, 03:23:55 PM »
And people was takin it as some kinda shit up talk when he manager talk about low intensity training?!  It eh even sound like he did much training while on the call up.  If he wasn't fit and he told Pacho, then I think he is well within his right to be upset and voice it wherever he feels.  He would not be the first nor last to use the media to get his point across.  Now if it is Pacho made the decision to not run him unless absolutely necessary because of the information about the injury he recently learned, it would be a little more credible on Pacho' part.  But he should at least communicate that to Scotty or any player in that predicament so at least man understand what their role is.  This way the player can at least make the decision to go back to the club and train or accept the call up given the terms

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »
Scotland A 4 apple
            B  4 bat
            C 4 yuh self

If d miracle happen yuh go b in d squad for SA who else dey go put is 22 dey have 2 carry. Me eh give him wrong for not goin back 4 dat game v Scotland as Tman say he was rippin plus he in Scotland and we always have money issue.

Play 4 yuh club and 4get oui keep talkin let d world know dat d dumbtist is a clown
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2008, 06:48:00 PM »
If d miracle happen yuh go b in d squad for SA who else dey go put is 22 dey have 2 carry. Me eh give him wrong for not goin back 4 dat game v Scotland as Tman say he was rippin plus he in Scotland and we always have money issue.

don't we have a 22 man squad now without him?  plus injured Jones, Whitely & Hardest to fall een?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2008, 07:39:38 PM »
Yeah but compare dat 22 wit d 22 dat go b in SA unless some real bright spark show up as a forward. D forwards include Jones, Stern, Glen, Roberts and Scotland.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>