June 05, 2024, 04:04:02 AM

Author Topic: Hexagonal dates announced  (Read 12458 times)

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hexagonal dates announced
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2008, 09:25:16 PM »
RFK Could Be Site of World Cup Qualifying Match
By Steven Goff (Washington Post)

With the U.S. national team's World Cup qualifying schedule set, RFK Stadium is among the candidates to host one of five home matches next year, U.S. Soccer Federation President Sunil Gulati said.

The Americans will play 10 final-round games between Feb. 11 and Oct. 14: home and away against Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, El Salvador and Trinidad and Tobago. Three teams will earn automatic berths in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

In the coming weeks, the USSF will begin weighing options for home games, Gulati said. The favorites are medium-sized stadiums built for soccer and located in areas that might not attract supporters of the visiting team, such as facilities in Salt Lake City, Denver and Columbus, Ohio. In reality, Washington's best hope is to bid for the Trinidad game on April 1.

Washington hosted the U.S. team's semifinal-round qualifier against Cuba last month.

Columbus probably will be awarded the Feb. 11 opener against Mexico -- a cold-weather site that was used in a February 2001 qualifier against the U.S. team's rivals.

This is Weh-it-is and I approve this message!  

We are going to the 2010 WC. Everybody just sit back and enjoy the emotional roller coaster, who sitting on de beach, which coach getting fired all the bacchanal etc. De Football is ah soap opera and we like it, just like on here ent. Get your popcorn with ah sea-drink with ah nice seat with some rice. Then pack yuh bags because we getting on ah plane to Africa. We going an meet Obama cousin and them.  ;)

Wha yuh want?

bring de game to giants stadium!!!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2008, 09:52:05 PM »

With the U.S. national team's World Cup qualifying schedule set, RFK Stadium is among the candidates to host one of five home matches next year, U.S. Soccer Federation President Sunil Gulati said.

The Americans will play 10 final-round games between Feb. 11 and Oct. 14: home and away against Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, El Salvador and Trinidad and Tobago. Three teams will earn automatic berths in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

In the coming weeks, the USSF will begin weighing options for home games, Gulati said. The favorites are medium-sized stadiums built for soccer and located in areas that might not attract supporters of the visiting team, such as facilities in Salt Lake City, Denver and Columbus, Ohio. In reality, Washington's best hope is to bid for the Trinidad game on April 1.

Washington hosted the U.S. team's semifinal-round qualifier against Cuba last month.

Columbus probably will be awarded the Feb. 11 opener against Mexico -- a cold-weather site that was used in a February 2001 qualifier against the U.S. team's rivals.

We are going to the 2010 WC. Everybody just sit back and enjoy the emotional roller coaster, who sitting on de beach, which coach getting fired all the bacchanal etc. De Football is ah soap opera and we like it, just like on here ent. Get your popcorn with ah sea-drink with ah nice seat with some rice. Then pack yuh bags because we getting on ah plane to Africa. We going an meet Obama cousin and them.  ;)

Wha yuh want?

So if it in RFK yuh not goin?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2008, 10:21:22 PM »
RFK PLEEZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2008, 10:35:47 PM »

Wha yuh want?

So if it in RFK yuh not goin?

didnt say that...but it would be harder for me to ask meh fadda for de car and drive out of state. giants stadium i can use mass transit. i wanted to go for de chicago game but couldnt go for that same reason. when was the last time trinidad play in giants stadium?

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2008, 10:36:32 PM »
I hoping that since NYRB won the MLS Cup, they will get a gift of hosting a WCQ, viz TT vs US.
Not that they own the stadium or anything, but as a reward to their fans. It would draw on the huge base of fans for both teams from MA, CT, NY, NJ, PA.
However, maybe not having a football-only stadium might work against a NY/NJ bid.
NFL season will be wrapped up by then, so that wouldn't be an issue.  

If is RFK, I don't mind though.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2008, 10:39:32 PM »
didnt say that...but it would be harder for me to ask meh fadda for de car and drive out of state. i wanted to go for de chicago game but couldnt go for that same reason. when was the last time trinidad play in giants stadium?

I eh know where you coming from padna ... but on the East Coast we have the BOLT BUS .... extremely cheap and Ive heard that it's effective. You can get it easily from Midtown Manhattan to DC ... and it goes to/from several other cities as well.

Doh study it .. I doubt you will have to buy a plane or Amtrak ticket.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2008, 10:45:41 PM »
didnt say that...but it would be harder for me to ask meh fadda for de car and drive out of state. i wanted to go for de chicago game but couldnt go for that same reason. when was the last time trinidad play in giants stadium?

I eh know where you coming from padna ... but on the East Coast we have the BOLT BUS .... extremely cheap and Ive heard that it's effective. You can get it easily from Midtown Manhattan to DC ... and it goes to/from several other cities as well.

Doh study it .. I doubt you will have to buy a plane or Amtrak ticket.

i coming from queens. first time i hearing of bolt bus...i gonna do some research

1]; } ?>