May 22, 2024, 09:49:25 PM

Author Topic: Beenhakker Meets With Pro League’s Coaches  (Read 2506 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Beenhakker Meets With Pro League’s Coaches
« on: April 07, 2005, 03:26:57 PM »
Leo Beenhakker meets with Pro League’s Coaches.
By Joel Villafana (ttproleague.com)

Newly appointed National Football Coach Leo Beenhakker has placed a high priority on the continued development of the T&T Pro League.
The former Dutch Coach in his initial visit to Trinidad, before returning permanently to work with the national team, wasted no time and called a meeting with all the League’s coaches in order to get a feel of the work taking place at the national club level.
Caledonia AIA Fire Coach Jamal Shabazz described the meeting as an excellent political move.
Shabazz also coach of the National Womens’ team said, “Unlike other national coaches Beenhakker recognizes the Pro League is the premier league in the country.”
“He was very humble and open in his approach and this will lay a foundation for a good relationship with not only the club coaches but also the locally based professional players. The likes of Trent Noel, Michael Celestine, Aurtis Whitley and others will now get a real opportunity to seriously address the Technical Staff.”
Shabazz said the Dutchman made it quite clear he is not interested where the player plies his trade—but the important thing is whether or not he can play the role effectively.
The Caledonia coach ended by saying, “This new thinking is crucial if we are to progress as a footballing nation.”
Leo Beenhakker himself was surprised over the fact that this was the first time the local club coaches were so close and involved with what happens with the national team. The former Real Madrid Head Coach went on to guarantee that this would change.
He said, “The meeting was very positive and I promised them that while my chief responsibility is to the national team—I assured them they will be involved very much in my portfolio and I will be visiting them on a regular basis and looking at many of the local club matches that my schedule will allow and observe what happens here at the national club level, as the national team is not only about the players who play abroad—but also the players who ply their trade locally in the T&T Pro League. The former Dutch Coach stressed the importance of a strong national league—as it will only aid in developing a strong national team.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 04:45:26 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker Meets With Pro League’s Coaches
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 04:46:40 PM »
anybody ever follow up if beenie continued to talk to the local coaches after this initial gesture?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 04:55:03 PM »
Dem fellas knew everyting did not want 2 hear from D Don
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 05:55:05 PM »
Wham allyuh pull dis back to mess with people head or what? Man!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 07:25:22 PM »
Alyuh jumbie meh with this post... ;D

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 08:01:58 PM »
nearly FOUR years later
shit dis thread have duss on it :rotfl: :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 11:47:53 PM »
Ah geh ketch like ah bird with laglee.  >:(  Why alyuh setting up people. :'(
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock itit will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 02:16:12 AM »
Allyuh is some real pullstones  ;D
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 05:16:31 AM »
At least it good so that the men who was saying that Wim had nothin to do with local football could see for themselves what the plan was from the start.

The was also a report afterwards that any local coach could attend any of the coaching sessions Beenie and staff was conducting.  The local coaches never went.  No wonder the PFL level seems to be stagnated.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 05:47:01 AM »
Y should dey have gone dem could not learn anyting from d Don dem know everyting
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>