June 15, 2024, 01:46:07 PM

Author Topic: Brazil v Holland U 17  (Read 3378 times)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Brazil v Holland U 17
« on: September 20, 2005, 06:27:43 PM »
The 2nd half now start but this is a hell of a football game!!

The two teams are evenly match, very disciplined, good passing and attempts on goal.

Every time Brazil attack is an overlap on the right side with a sweet pass forward.

The #9 for Holland giving Brazil defense problems!!

truetrini

Re: Brazil v Holland U 17
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 07:32:23 PM »
the #10 for Brazil is tears too!

Was ah real good game..shoulda end 3-2 Brazil instaed ah 2-1..still dem youths dem could real ball.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 07:51:21 PM »
where do yall see these games
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 08:04:27 PM »
Fox Soccer Channel

both them goalkeepers real work in that game

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 09:03:58 PM »
all de games ah see so far were real entertaining.

dem youths and dem deadly

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 10:12:22 PM »
i wonder how our under 17 would match them ducth youths man
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 06:49:12 AM »
Our under 17s would get wash by Brazil or Holland....and just about all the under 17 teams I have seen so far. Them youth men already playing pro in reserve teams for top level division clubs.

What is amazing is the level of organization and maturity in the ball at this level. Dese fellas playing with a mature mindset and their technique is superb.  In some ways they aready playing a crisper, more organized level of ball than our senior team. But now and then you see the immaturity as is expected of teenagers. It is scary because you known it is going to be seriously difficult for us to compete with these teams in the future because they all have serious youth development programs...even the so called 3rd world countries with little money and no senior WC experience. We should look at that and realize that we can do it, if some of the poorer Africans, Asians and Latins can do it. The money is only part of the equation......

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 07:50:25 AM »
Our under 17s would get wash by Brazil or Holland....and just about all the under 17 teams I have seen so far. Them youth men already playing pro in reserve teams for top level division clubs.

What is amazing is the level of organization and maturity in the ball at this level. Dese fellas playing with a mature mindset and their technique is superb.  In some ways they aready playing a crisper, more organized level of ball than our senior team. But now and then you see the immaturity as is expected of teenagers. It is scary because you known it is going to be seriously difficult for us to compete with these teams in the future because they all have serious youth development programs...even the so called 3rd world countries with little money and no senior WC experience. We should look at that and realize that we can do it, if some of the poorer Africans, Asians and Latins can do it. The money is only part of the equation......

I have to agree, the control and confidence them youths showing on the field and with the ball is very high.  If we dont start to work our youths NOW we will never catch up.  Especially with all the youngsters who playing with proteams, we need some development at that level.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 08:21:31 AM »
Listening to the comentators it seems to me like all these guys are playing in the pro leagues,the Brazillian GK plays for Santos,where does our U17's play in the colleges league and then we complain,i remember the days when college players used to play in the POS league. 

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 08:43:43 AM »
My complaint is not that our U17s are not good enough, but that there are no opportunities for them to get better by playing a higher level of competition out side fo their school teams, outside of the coutnry.
Even if it was playing the other school teams in the caribbean, top school team from each island in a tournament, or an all-star school boy team from each island in a tournament...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 08:54:54 AM »
My complaint is not that our U17s are not good enough, but that there are no opportunities for them to get better by playing a higher level of competition out side fo their school teams, outside of the coutnry.
Even if it was playing the other school teams in the caribbean, top school team from each island in a tournament, or an all-star school boy team from each island in a tournament...

The issue is our school league. Our school's league has traditionally been the breeding ground for young players, which is o.k. but it's just not a good enough league. It needs to raise the standard of professionalism and coaching, and players need to play regularly in the off season as well......maybe a system needs to be set up, where all the school players play with a pro- youth team (jabloteh U17 etc.....) in the off season........I dunno but the two main areas that need to be worked on with our school league is

1.quality of coaching/play.....

2. Consistency/regularity of competition.......the SSFL season is too short...not enough.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005, 09:07:08 AM »
our youth teams need more games. shoot we Sr team need more also.  that U-15 tourney in TT was a great idea. well done on that.  At that level kids need to playing all the time.  touring playing foreign teams.  more competitions like the old sunshine snacks one. The pro league having a youth competition is a good move.-money needed

let the u-15, 17 or U-20 play the day before we Sr team play any friendlies. have the visiting team bring their youth team as well.  i believe in europe this is always done.  have a double header.-again more money.

them poorer nations get real money from places like france, spain, holland, them club teams etc.  Teams set up shops,academies in them
places  We get 0 from foreign clubs. no academy we have zilch.

USA u-17 beat italy. we need to fix our business quick or is more trouble.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2005, 10:00:12 AM »

I'm glad to see someone that shares some of the thoughts that i always had.
    One of my concerns also is the improvement of our Colleges league Coaches,the Colleges league is a breeding ground for our players,it's the best set-up because the players are already there,Coaches there should be quality and be paid full time.   

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2005, 10:35:47 AM »
all this can be solved by getting the best players to face each other on a more consistent basis. At present the colleges league is watered down, but useful at the same time for evaluation and scouting. It is high time that it is taken to another level.
Just look at the Youth WC and one can see a huge difference in the speed of play, decision making etc. So take youth games to a higher level by concentrating the product.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2005, 10:48:55 AM »
i'm all for that if we keeping the colleges league make the top division a national one top 12-16 teams no more zonal thing. 
top3 -north east south
1 or 2 central
2 tobago.
start with that.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 10:50:54 AM by football king »

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 10:53:43 AM »
actually 1 central if that at all.

bottom 2 go down top 2 2nd div come up.

teams that not in initial top div hard luck play 2nd div if yuh good yuh win and come up. 

let the players play outside leagues?? i say yes.  pros better than the cons.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2005, 10:58:24 AM »
We cannot compare our Under 17's to most of these teams.

Once again...when making comparisons, we must compare apples to apples.

Most if not all of the players from Brasil, Holland, Italy etc play football FULL TIME.  In addition they do so in a PROFESSIONAL, SUPERVISED ENVIRONMENT.

Colleges League is far removed from that.

We have been making strides in that area through the youth leagues i.e. Jabloteh, W Connection etc Under 20, Uncer 17, Under 15 teams.

THAT in my opinion is the way to go if we're TRULY serious about youth football development.

Colleges League is passe in my opinion.  The coaching is hit or miss, the environment is NOT professional, in some cases (and rightly so), the emphasis is on Academics and not football.

If we really are serious about the development of football, then we should embrace the PFL youth league model and direct our promising players in that direction...SHOULD THAT BE THE PATH THEY WISH TO PURSUE.

We all know that some players go to certain schools for the sole purpose of playing football.  It's not just T&T that happens...that happens the world over.  We now have some professional clubs in T&T.  2 of the most professional in terms of structure and environment are Jabloteh & W Connection.  Instead of dealing with hypocrisy, why not provide the SUPPORT, RESOURCES and INFRASTRUCTURE for these outfits to really help developing the youth game?

Besides....Colleges League is 3 games in a week for about just over a month.  The players on the top sides get to play a bit more re: the Intercol, and Big 5 tournaments.  But the rest, their season is over.  Too much football in too little time.  In reality...the players are playing for let's say 45 days in any 365 day period.  That means while they play a lot of football in a short window, they're not playing ENOUGH STRUCTURED football.

Colleges League as it stands, could never be the way forward if we TRULY want to develop the game at the youth level.

Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 11:09:28 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2005, 11:07:27 AM »
Question-join pro league early-is this player still going to school or he done with that
??

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2005, 11:12:23 AM »
Question-join pro league early-is this player still going to school or he done with that
??

No.....in football academies the world over, there is still homework to be done, courses to be taken, etc.

It is a matter of having:

1 - the will

2 - the support

3 - the resources

To implement that aspect of it....but make no mistake....the emphasis will be on football.  But academics must come into play

a) to aid in developing an allround individual

b) assist in learning the discipline necessary to succeed in any field...not just football

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2005, 11:19:19 AM »
We cannot compare our Under 17's to most of these teams.

Once again...when making comparisons, we must compare apples to apples.

Most if not all of the players from Brasil, Holland, Italy etc play football FULL TIME.  In addition they do so in a PROFESSIONAL, SUPERVISED ENVIRONMENT.

Colleges League is far removed from that.

We have been making strides in that area through the youth leagues i.e. Jabloteh, W Connection etc Under 20, Uncer 17, Under 15 teams.

THAT in my opinion is the way to go if we're TRULY serious about youth football development.

Colleges League is passe in my opinion.  The coaching is hit or miss, the environment is NOT professional, in some cases (and rightly so), the emphasis is on Academics and not football.

If we really are serious about the development of football, then we should embrace the PFL youth league model and direct our promising players in that direction...SHOULD THAT BE THE PATH THEY WISH TO PURSUE.

We all know that some players go to certain schools for the sole purpose of playing football.  It's not just T&T that happens...that happens the world over.  We now have some professional clubs in T&T.  2 of the most professional in terms of structure and environment are Jabloteh & W Connection.  Instead of dealing with hypocrisy, why not provide the SUPPORT, RESOURCES and INFRASTRUCTURE for these outfits to really help developing the youth game?

Besides....Colleges League is 3 games in a week for about just over a month.  The players on the top sides get to play a bit more re: the Intercol, and Big 5 tournaments.  But the rest, their season is over.  Too much football in too little time.  In reality...the players are playing for let's say 45 days in any 365 day period.  That means while they play a lot of football in a short window, they're not playing ENOUGH STRUCTURED football.

Colleges League as it stands, could never be the way forward if we TRULY want to develop the game at the youth level.

Just my opinion.

I think everyone agrees that the Colleges league as it is, is insufficient, that's the point of most the the responses to this thread......The issue is, with the Colleges league being the most dominant youth league in the country:

1. Should we change the status quo, and develop the youth league (youth pro teams), to be the most dominant league and leave the SSFL to fall by the wayside.....as is the case in countries like England for eg.

2. Should we develop the College league (improve the coaching standards, player development, lengthen the season, create an off seasons program), so that it becomes the equivalent to a full time youth pro league....With the SSFL league being deep in tradition, and already having an established structure, this might be a feasible option

3. Or do we want to strike some sort of balance between to two......

I think somewhere in between those 3 options is what people are trying to get at

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2005, 11:21:00 AM »
better be a good education.
what if the youth just don't pan out, not good enough -it have real youths that good at U-15 U-17 level but never progress to being a good Sr pro.

what if a career ending injury when he 20?

Then that education he getting in the academy better be good enough for him to go into the real world and make a living.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2005, 11:26:45 AM »
I think everyone agrees that the Colleges league as it is, is insufficient, that's the point of most the the responses to this thread......The issue is, with the Colleges league being the most dominant youth league in the country:

1. Should we change the status quo, and develop the youth league (youth pro teams), to be the most dominant league and leave the SSFL to fall by the wayside.....as is the case in countries like England for eg.

2. Should we develop the College league (improve the coaching standards, player development, lengthen the season, create an off seasons program), so that it becomes the equivalent to a full time youth pro league....With the SSFL league being deep in tradition, and already having an established structure, this might be a feasible option

I think somewhere in between those 3 options is what people are trying to get at

The biggest problem with #2 is where do these players go after College....assuming what you suggest is implemented?

In a PFL Youth League, there is a built in progression from youth to senior team.  There will be at the very least...

1- Consistency of coaching philosophy

2 - Structure

3 - Progression

This tradition thing is powerful but again...just in my opinion...in today's world....outdated.

Tradition is sentimental.  I glddenin because Fatima beatin teams dis year and I leff dat institution long long time.   That is pure sentiment...nutting else.

The main asset of Colleges League is tradition and academics in my opinion.  If we're trying to develop a youth football structure in our country, them 2 assets are not at the top of the list for me.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2005, 11:28:30 AM »
what if the youth just don't pan out, not good enough -it have real youths that good at U-15 U-17 level but never progress to being a good Sr pro.

Then that education he getting in the academy better be good enough for him to go into the real world and make a living.

How much junior sec man, colleges man, senior sec man etc had de same opportunity at education and tun bandit football king?  It eh have no guarantees no how u look at it.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2005, 11:31:27 AM »
a lot of issues to juggle balance. will take a lot of time, and cooperation.  
the pro league not something to really write home about.  
the coaches in the pro league ain't no icons.
finances is a big issue.

it have things we could do right now change SSFL, more friendlies, don't see why a U-20 team can't play in the pro league. once a week.  Leo assts or whoever Sr team assts could run the U-20 and U-17 team, with the Sr team coach popping in and out every now and then.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2005, 11:36:28 AM »
true-hey the 1 guarantee is that if we don't get these kids better coaching and have them playing more we are gonna fall way behind.

one day hope and pray we could do something.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2005, 12:02:33 PM »

The biggest problem with #2 is where do these players go after College....assuming what you suggest is implemented?

In a PFL Youth League, there is a built in progression from youth to senior team.  There will be at the very least...

1- Consistency of coaching philosophy

2 - Structure

3 - Progression

This tradition thing is powerful but again...just in my opinion...in today's world....outdated.

Tradition is sentimental.  I glddenin because Fatima beatin teams dis year and I leff dat institution long long time.   That is pure sentiment...nutting else.

The main asset of Colleges League is tradition and academics in my opinion.  If we're trying to develop a youth football structure in our country, them 2 assets are not at the top of the list for me.

Yeah I hear you................I only mentioned tradition because it would be easier to retain the followers, support, rivalry etc...that are essential for competitive sport.. It would take a lot to transfer that to a brand new league...ya dig where I'm coming from ?

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2005, 01:01:48 PM »
man trini need about 50 years boy..that number 10 for brazil is tears boy

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2005, 06:16:14 PM »

How much junior sec man, colleges man, senior sec man etc had de same opportunity at education and tun bandit football king?  It eh have no guarantees no how u look at it.

very true!!! football is just another avenue to express potential talent and if fortunate make aliving through it. In fact it is no different than the Arts. It is simply another option, No one says you cannot do both. look at the players from USA. Specter, Adu Mapp, convey etc They all have a solid education, continue to seek out an education while at the same time playing football.
As a matter of fact now in Europe clubs have to guarantee an education to all youth players and for those who do not make it continue to fund their education at an "A" Level
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>