June 15, 2024, 10:40:19 PM

Author Topic: Trinidad and Tobago´s defence crisis  (Read 6718 times)

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad and Tobago´s defence crisis
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 09:39:10 AM »
It's worth noting that the U20s  defenders are all competent with the ball at their feet. If they continue to grow at this pace they will be great assets to us in the future.

Good point.  It seems like most of our central are always slow and uncomfortable with the ball at their feet.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 09:51:08 AM »
Some good observations, but all in all ah can't agree. There should be a better formula for giving de youths some blood, but for de most part dey not ready. De timing always off as far as bringing youths into de senior team system. Is either we try a thing with a whole bunch of dem which usually ends up in cutass and supporters bawling for dey old players back, or dey wait too long and miss de window for dem players to gain de experience and savvy mixing with veteran players, while dey have de young legs to go on for quite a few years. When we get cutarse in de Gold Cup qualifiers, wha men say? Bring back who? De same old men. Unless we do de entire program justice, and bring in youths while phasing out de old men at de right times, we will always be in de same situation. Future SW, yuh sound like yuh understand de game and have yuh lil stats bout de youngins coming up, but doh jump to conclusions bout what men could do at international level and disrespect wha some of de older heads could still do. Trust mih, if we pick ah old heads team with all de 27 plus including old men Latapy and Yorke, and play dem against de younger ones, yuh would be amazed at de facking beating that would share. Ah will put mih lil bit of money on dat too
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 10:47:12 AM »
do you guys realise that the U20 is playing against U20 opposition? yall honestly think the senior team's defenders will look bad with the ball at their feet against Costa Rica's U20's? let's be real now guys.

i agree that we need to build the youths in order to secure a future but the same ppl that saying that are upset everytime they see a team line up.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2009, 11:20:04 AM »
do you guys realise that the U20 is playing against U20 opposition? yall honestly think the senior team's defenders will look bad with the ball at their feet against Costa Rica's U20's? let's be real now guys.

i agree that we need to build the youths in order to secure a future but the same ppl that saying that are upset everytime they see a team line up.
The difference is in the past we did not possess these skills even against comparable age groups. We're finally keeping up with the rest of Concacaf's top youth teams. I'm not saying that we should thrust the U20s wholesale into the senior team. I'm just saying that it is encouraging that so many of them have the tools so early in their development.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2009, 12:14:26 PM »
Throw dem 2 d wolves instead ah playin a wolf out of position. Adams and Bateau cyah do worse and dey go b ready 4 2014.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 12:31:41 PM »
Throw dem 2 d wolves instead ah playin a wolf out of position. Adams and Bateau cyah do worse and dey go b ready 4 2014.

;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2009, 12:36:15 PM »
TnT does not have a defense crisis... the coach or Latas would have addressed this by bring in more people to fill the position... so we obviously do need the people all yuh saying tuh call up....!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2009, 01:56:06 PM »
I don't think we have a defense crisis. We have people who could get the job done. I does give players and team real pressure, but we have defenders who can step up and be solid. From Lawrence to Akile Edwards and Powers   :timeout: these can can be made to play at a very high level.

It takes a coach who is willing to put in the time to DRILL proper defensive organization to the strength of our players allowing them to become more confident and effective. Placing certain restrictions on player in the defense who you know may not be strong in a given area, allowing him to be more successful.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 02:18:47 PM »
nobody seems to complain when Cafu was playing ... hmm interesting how yawl bring down out players.. youth alone cant win.. we need the Experience also. Dwight Fitter than all dem youth put together... Even Carlos said d man would be missed..

I doh think is so much his physical attributes that Carlos was saying will be missed.  It's the intangibles that he brings, the veteran poise and ability to read and control the game.  Dwight was bun jus like de rest ah de team in ES so doh talk da fitter shit.  daiz ah fallacy.  Cafu is one man, Yorke, Latas, Lawrence, Dog, and Stern are all at that point where most footballers usually retire from international duty.  Doh get me wrong I still think they all can help in some way, but we program in shambles if we have to consistently rely on these players to carry us.  I see thread after thread cryin dong Edwards and Hislop but these yutes need the consistent caps and practices in the set up to continue to grow.  Personaly I doh see what so bad bout Edwards but me eh want to get into no internet argument with no armchair coach who only experience (in most cases) is watchin football on TV.
[/b]

..like you know all who play or din play de game on this forum tuh decide who is ''armchair coach who only experience (in most cases) is watchin football on TV.''  ??? ??? ....either dat or yuh laying out the extent of your knowledge of de game ?  .................Steuppppsss
A . Edwards is a goat , and I eh being hard on him ,i'm being real .Avery John, Sancho ,Dogg are all better defenders/footballers than him at their present age .   
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 03:20:13 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2009, 03:36:25 PM »
nobody seems to complain when Cafu was playing ... hmm interesting how yawl bring down out players.. youth alone cant win.. we need the Experience also. Dwight Fitter than all dem youth put together... Even Carlos said d man would be missed..

I doh think is so much his physical attributes that Carlos was saying will be missed.  It's the intangibles that he brings, the veteran poise and ability to read and control the game.  Dwight was bun jus like de rest ah de team in ES so doh talk da fitter shit.  daiz ah fallacy.  Cafu is one man, Yorke, Latas, Lawrence, Dog, and Stern are all at that point where most footballers usually retire from international duty.  Doh get me wrong I still think they all can help in some way, but we program in shambles if we have to consistently rely on these players to carry us.  I see thread after thread cryin dong Edwards and Hislop but these yutes need the consistent caps and practices in the set up to continue to grow.  Personaly I doh see what so bad bout Edwards but me eh want to get into no internet argument with no armchair coach who only experience (in most cases) is watchin football on TV.
[/b]

..like you know all who play or din play de game on this forum tuh decide who is ''armchair coach who only experience (in most cases) is watchin football on TV.''  ??? ??? ....either dat or yuh laying out the extent of your knowledge of de game ?  .................Steuppppsss
A . Edwards is a goat , and I eh being hard on him ,i'm being real .Avery John, Sancho ,Dogg are all better defenders/footballers than him at their present age .   

Enter Exhibit A!! :rotfl:

Jedd doh leh yuh man crush an dem make yuh feel I is yuh enemy eh, I nuh here fuh dat!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 03:38:26 PM by Optimus Prime »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2009, 03:45:49 PM »

I doh think is so much his physical attributes that Carlos was saying will be missed.  It's the intangibles that he brings, the veteran poise and ability to read and control the game.  Dwight was bun jus like de rest ah de team in ES so doh talk da fitter shit.  daiz ah fallacy.  Cafu is one man, Yorke, Latas, Lawrence, Dog, and Stern are all at that point where most footballers usually retire from international duty.  Doh get me wrong I still think they all can help in some way, but we program in shambles if we have to consistently rely on these players to carry us.  I see thread after thread cryin dong Edwards and Hislop but these yutes need the consistent caps and practices in the set up to continue to grow. Personaly I doh see what so bad bout Edwards but me eh want to get into no internet argument with no armchair coach who only experience (in most cases) is watchin football on TV.
[/b]

Jedd doh leh yuh man crush an dem make yuh feel I is yuh enemy eh, I nuh here fuh dat!

Optimus if you have been watching TnT football over the past year while Maturana is the coach you would see that A.Edwards is nowhere near the level he needs to be to play International Football...

armchair Coach or Fergie...if yuh cant spot that you are an ass

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2009, 03:49:41 PM »

I doh think is so much his physical attributes that Carlos was saying will be missed.  It's the intangibles that he brings, the veteran poise and ability to read and control the game.  Dwight was bun jus like de rest ah de team in ES so doh talk da fitter shit.  daiz ah fallacy.  Cafu is one man, Yorke, Latas, Lawrence, Dog, and Stern are all at that point where most footballers usually retire from international duty.  Doh get me wrong I still think they all can help in some way, but we program in shambles if we have to consistently rely on these players to carry us.  I see thread after thread cryin dong Edwards and Hislop but these yutes need the consistent caps and practices in the set up to continue to grow. Personaly I doh see what so bad bout Edwards but me eh want to get into no internet argument with no armchair coach who only experience (in most cases) is watchin football on TV.
[/b]

Optimus if you have been watching TnT football over the past year while Maturana is the coach you would see that A.Edwards is nowhere near the level he needs to be to play International Football...

give jack his jacket..

the man was at international level in his last 3 games...

or did you not spot that?

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2009, 03:56:01 PM »

[/b]

Man crush ?? yuh mean like de one you have for A.Edwards ? Yuh talking ah pack ah ass ,plain and simple .Me have no enemy I does get a long wid everyone ,case in point, ah taking time tuh respond tuh ah jackass even doh yuh knowledge of de game limited .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2009, 03:58:19 PM »

[/b]

I eh say dat he ready anywhere in my response, did I?  I specifically say I eh see what so wrong with him.  From my vantage point he does need to improve for sure but that will come with more run in the senior set up.  I think Mats doing the right thing by constantly keeping him in with Lawrence especially as it gives him an opportunity to learn on the job from one of our better defenders.  Buh hear wha me eh no coach, I doh play and I cah waste my time arguing the merits of why I think it important that these yutes get some consistent burn with the seniors.

Omar man like they want to ostracize de yute before he even get a chance to blossom into the kind of defender that could prove to be an asset to us for many years to come.  If is up to dem de ole men sweatin till dey is 40 an den we go be wondering why we have no experienced prospescts to turn to

Offline future socawarrior

• Jr. Warrior
  • I can accept failure but i cant accept not trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2009, 03:59:16 PM »
I don't think we have a defense crisis. We have people who could get the job done. I does give players and team real pressure, but we have defenders who can step up and be solid. From Lawrence to Akile Edwards and Powers   :timeout: these can can be made to play at a very high level.

It takes a coach who is willing to put in the time to DRILL proper defensive organization to the strength of our players allowing them to become more confident and effective. Placing certain restrictions on player in the defense who you know may not be strong in a given area, allowing him to be more successful.

In my opinion, a strong defensive team wins titles or goes pretty far (MAN utd 2008-2009). When i watched the goal cup and those regional tournaments the local back 4's could not play out the back. Thomas was not able to make a pass across the back. Seon Power is unable to play quickly in the back. A TEAM CANNOT WIN GAMES, IF THEY ALLOW GOALS!!!!

The defenders coming up like PRIMUS, BATEAU, BAKR, MARSHALL should stay amongst the ranks of Andrews and Lawrence (i dont think anything can be learned from kenyo thomas), Sancho and  2014, we will have a solid backline.

As for now, try out WOLFE and see how he performs and from there make switches if neccessary. Don't cancel him out just yet.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2009, 03:59:52 PM »
Man crush ?? yuh mean like de one you have for A.Edwards ? Yuh talking ah pack ah ass ,plain and simple .Me have no enemy I does get a long wid everyone ,case in point, ah taking time tuh respond tuh ah jackass even doh yuh knowledge of de game limited .

Thank you kind sir for schoolin me. I truly appreciate your effort and will remember not to mention yuh man ever again  :devil:

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2009, 04:05:26 PM »

Thank you kind sir for schoolin me. I truly appreciate your effort and will remember not to mention yuh man ever again  :devil:

...doh leh meh hah tell yuh again eh ....
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2009, 04:07:11 PM »

Thank you kind sir for schoolin me. I truly appreciate your effort and will remember not to mention yuh man ever again  :devil:

Understood sir ;D

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2009, 04:24:05 PM »

[/b]

give jack his jacket..

Yeah Omar he was dey,but what did he do .Nobody eh saying he mighten be good in the future ,he have potential ,but right now he not cutting it and is right now we need a stable defense to qualify for 2010. Dem fellas will get expierence over the years and either develop into great ,good, average players or goats .I doh see the sense into using an opportunity to qualify for a WC to give de youths a chance to develop .It have time fuh dat and now is not the time .We have expierence defenders who not even getting call .I cud understand if this Edwards was ah stand out wey we all agree that he is de best at de position regardless of age but he is not .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2009, 04:26:11 PM »

Understood sir ;D

:beermug: :beermug:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2009, 04:27:22 PM »
Give him time Berris

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2009, 04:35:22 PM »
Give him time Berris

I hope he develop into a brillant defender .Doh geh meh wrong, once he on de pitch he have my full support ,but I really believe we have better defenders/players, not being called, that cud really help us get past de likes ah USA and Mexico ...now .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2009, 04:46:13 PM »
i and all was cussing edwards after the first USA game.. well not so much edwards as Maturana for picking him in that rookie defence in the first place..

But lewwe give de man he due nuh..

The man was solid in the second USA game. Ah give him ah 7 out of 10 for that game...

All de cuss that pass for the licks we get in the Gold Cup fly pass Edwards straight..

Same thing for the El Salvador game. Everybody else on the side but Edwards get a dose. That for me is progress and even though he a long way from the finished product, to call him a hound and ah goat and what not at this stage is unwarranted..

I still eh sure that he better than Avery right now at the LB, but the youth improving.

And yuh cyah ask for more than that.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2009, 04:55:17 PM »
i and all was cussing edwards after the first USA game.. well not so much edwards as Maturana for picking him in that rookie defence in the first place..

But lewwe give de man he due nuh..

The man was solid in the second USA game. Ah give him ah 7 out of 10 for that game...

All de cuss that pass for the licks we get in the Gold Cup fly pass Edwards straight..

Same thing for the El Salvador game. Everybody else on the side but Edwards get a dose. That for me is progress and even though he a long way from the finished product, to call him a hound and ah goat and what not at this stage is unwarranted..

I still eh sure that he better than Avery right now at the LB, but the youth improving.

And yuh cyah ask for more than that.

And me eh kno wha de hell men again want. I remember Dennis Lawrence getting rel cuss on he debut....and for a while after and all. Look how he is now. De man go make mistakes....dat understood...he go improve....once given opportunity.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2009, 11:53:17 AM »

The difference is in the past we did not possess these skills even against comparable age groups. We're finally keeping up with the rest of Concacaf's top youth teams. I'm not saying that we should thrust the U20s wholesale into the senior team. I'm just saying that it is encouraging that so many of them have the tools so early in their development.

especially when we dont preach defense from young in tnt. De back is where yuh does go when yuh tired remember!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2009, 10:17:51 PM »

[/b]

give jack his jacket..

A Edwards is not a bad player. He needs development though. In all fairless he playin to his potential and only making back passses and 5-10 yarders. At least he is not losing the ball under no pressure. He still seems a bit nervous with the ball at his feet, and i have seen nothing of him going foward (may be coach's instruction?/) I think he needs to get more confidence, because he has good tools to succeed at international level in the future.

We would like t have 2 attack minded wingbacks ala Danny ALves or S Ramos, but this is what we have now so we have to go with it.

1]; } ?>