June 15, 2024, 03:54:33 PM

Author Topic: Star man Boucaud pledges future to the Poppies  (Read 837 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Star man Boucaud pledges future to the Poppies
« on: March 26, 2009, 10:23:03 AM »
Star man Boucaud pledges future to the Poppies
Northampton Evening Telegraph

Andre Boucaud insists he is fully committed to helping Kettering Town get into the Blue Square Premier play-offs.

The 24-year-old midfielder admitted he had spent a couple of days with MK Dons after the Coca-Cola League One promotion chasers made an approach for him following the Poppies' 2-1 home defeat to Oxford United last week.

He missed the 2-0 win at Weymouth but returned for Mark Cooper's men in the 0-0 draw at York City on Tuesday night.

Boucaud has been in superb form all season and, while he was pleased with the interest from Milton Keynes, he is determined to help Kettering with their final push.

"After the Oxford game MK Dons came in for me, which was good but it has come at a really bad stage of the season," Boucaud said.

"So I went down there for a couple of days to have a look at how things work.

"But I am here at Kettering and trying to get us into the play-offs.
Maybe at the end of the season something will happen.

"But right now I am doing a job for Kettering.

"I am pleased with my own performances this season but most of all I am pleased with what we have done as a team.

"When I came here I just said I was going to work hard and try to prove I am capable of playing at a higher level.

"But the situation right now is that I am fully committed to what we are doing at Kettering."

The goalless draw at KitKat Crescent on Tuesday saw the play-off picture become clearer for Poppies as they now lie four points behind Kidderminster Harriers having played the same number of games.

And Boucaud firmly believes they can continue to surprise the division and squeeze into the top five.

"We are in a great position. At the start of the season no-one would have thought we would be here," he added.

"We have done better than everyone thought we would and I believe we can be in there at the end.

"We went top of the league earlier in the season and you don't do that by luck. We are doing well and we want to keep it going."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Star man Boucaud pledges future to the Poppies
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 11:01:29 AM »
I hope one day this fella will get a call-up again. I just doh get the logic....Spann who warming bench (sometimes he doh even get that close to the pitch) in the same league could get call but not Boucaud  ???Theobald does still get call by the national side yet to me, Boucaud though somewhat similar in style is a much better player.

All ah need is a few million in the bank and/or a place in the FIFA hierarchy and then yuh go see.....heads will roll  :challenge:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 11:03:24 AM »
Against Mexico in 2005 at home (3-1) Boucaud was our best midfielder.

I feel he deserve a call up for the least.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 11:40:13 AM »
Against Mexico in 2005 at home (3-1) Boucaud was our best midfielder.

I feel he deserve a call up for the least.

Agreed
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 11:42:12 AM »
He so not in anybody plans d radar cyah pick he up.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>