May 23, 2024, 10:55:19 AM

Author Topic: The coach have too much confidence in Dog  (Read 2155 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The coach have too much confidence in Dog
« on: September 29, 2005, 11:55:25 AM »
Let meh ask a question if Tallman was make as much mistakes as Marvin Andrews would you guys or the coach have confidence and start him any way by-the way for the last couple of game DOG has been involve in almost all the goals scored against us.
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: The coach have too much confidence in Dog
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 02:16:49 PM »
when it all come down to it fans remember all de mistakes but caoches remember all de saves. when yuh balance it out yuh have to rethink yuh question. i find his good traits overpowers de stupidness
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 02:38:07 PM »
when it all come down to it fans remember all de mistakes but caoches remember all de saves.

wha?? ??? I doh agree with that. So why de fans love him at Rangers but the coach keeping him on de bench. There is a clear example of the opposite.

i find his good traits overpowers de stupidness

fair enough

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 05:25:27 PM »
maybe mcleish has a lot of good defenders at his disposal, maybe he trying to preserve dog so he could last the full season.  u never know what a coach is thinking

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 05:54:22 PM »
dat was my point. i doh just doh think you could generalize like that.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 06:45:50 PM »
...... i find his good traits overpowers de stupidness

For me the stupidness is, ah goal end up scoring on us, due to errors made by him...ah seeing that, so we could agree there
the good traits would be , he scoring for us or assisting our players in scoring, or he stopping many ah man from scoring on us, I haven't seen much of that...is he playing OK, besides the 1 or 2 mess up....YES!
Can Someone else play better or possibly showing better form ? Yes !
Dog should be on the bench.

edit: Him and Stern would be coming off the bench for me, it is not about, showing them any disrespect, it is about playing our best individuals in an effort to build our best TEam
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 06:48:26 PM by maxg »

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 07:08:32 PM »
where is d composed sure dog that we all grew to love

no offense to him but now all i see is overhit passes crazy attackin headers an my heaert in my mouth evertime he do a back pass

anybody remember d dummy from the guatemala game???

my lord!!
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 02:56:58 PM »
maybe de knee taking its toll. Remember, for all who have knee issues, 1. Taking off is an issue 2. Controling is a issue 3. Weighted passes is a issue
4. Jumping is an issue So whats left marking a man - Dog is meh boy but it seems like age and knee catching up with him. In closing isn't the bigger picture here the fact that Dog is not fit?      I have a knee injury since Eldo, it ended my big-ball sweat. only small goal and small net after that.. I have never been de same since with prayers and all.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 03:12:35 PM »
where is d composed sure dog that we all grew to love

I could never remember Dog being cool and composed and a genius with the ball at his feet.

I always remember nervous once the ball on the ground and he in possession.

He has improved a lot at Rangers in terms of distribution, but to say Dog composed with the ball..well....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 02:58:18 AM »
Bally I dont think Beenhakker will drop any player so easy, it seems he have a base in players like (Yorke, Latapy, Andrews, Jack, Spann, Lawrence, Stern, Avery, Whitley and Edwards) and even if they screw up sometimes he will never drop them so easy.... I like his idea, but it could work against we because it took Stern 10/12 games to score a goal for T&T and Whitley about de same time to look an inch better than his usual self in T&T shirt, its good to have a based of players (the core together), but we still need to play as a team and not play nervous, we take to long to settle in also and we coach not keeping our players in check by having them compete for their place on the starting team. Samuel, Jones, Sam and Glen is great subs because they can come in and turn a game because they are more mobile players, but Stern, Sealy and Scotland should be battling for a start up front and once Beenhakker they Stern will always get de chance to start whether he score or not and this is not good. Sealy is a good man to score off rebounds, but that will only work if we shooting de ball and hoping de keeper block it instead of catching it, Sealy can combine good with some other forward like Jones or Scotland, Jason Scotland on de other hand can shot from acers and Sealy will exploit this in de box...... so these 3 men should be fighting it out and given a fair chance to compete with each other...

Andrews is a boss defender, but per-game he makes one mistake and sometimes it cost his team whether club or country.... I dont know if his size is de problem (clum-see), look USA just love to play against him because they does force him to make his mistake,,,,,,,,,, and one more thing, he should stop passing de ball back to de keeper, leave that for somebody else, I prefer he boots it out...

Andrews should be moved to defensive midfielder or right back if Spann eh they, keep him away from being we last man in defence. When he on de run forward he does look very very good, I saw him run forward vs USA and GUA and de man was looking real good, he have good height to score headers and win headers so why not play him as a defensive ball winner and let de faster men like Sancho, Atiba, Lawrence and Avery clean up in de back...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 05:29:43 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 07:23:52 AM »
Not sure if he have too much confidence in Dog or is just not enough confidence in any other defender.

Same goes for Stern.  I think he likes the fact that these two have experience and in crunch times he feel they would excel.

If the coach showing so much confidence in you...it is imperative that you show you deserve it and for these two they need to show more consistency.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 08:15:46 AM »
Sam you have some good points I personally will have a hard time benching Dog but we have to I believe he is struggling with his knee he has cost us too many goals this campaign like it our not but he was at fault for some critical goals against
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 09:48:30 AM »
Andrews is big liability at back, but den he good in the air which comes in handy many times. Beside his liability he is an asset in many areas. He is a decent clean up man, he strong and aggressive in the area but too much flickin goal score from he errors.

He is ah good option on free kick and corner to get the ball out de air and into the back ahde net .

We go ha tom tek de good and de bad.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

1]; } ?>