June 16, 2024, 02:10:20 AM

Author Topic: RSL's Findley keeping up with his family  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
RSL's Findley keeping up with his family
« on: May 13, 2009, 06:26:50 AM »
Real Salt Lake's Findley keeping up with his family

Robbie Findley lives in good company in the world of sports.

At Real Salt Lake, Findley shares the field with MLS veterans Nick Rimando, Kyle Beckerman and Andy Williams, not to mention 2002 World Cup goal-scorer Clint Mathis.

In his family, Findley has a cousin in the NBA, (Atlanta's Mike Bibby) and one in the NFL (Shaun McDonald, who signed this week with Pittsburgh). 

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: RSL's Findley keeping up with his family
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 08:02:23 AM »
Trini talent!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 08:22:01 AM »
Trini talent!

Speaking of which.....he still eligible? I know he played a game for the US once but someone mentioned a clause that yuh only tied if its an official FIFA tournament or something like that. Might be a moot point...buh....i still want to get it clarified.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 08:36:55 AM »
Watch how I now learning dat Mike Bibby half-Trini.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 08:53:54 AM »
Trini talent!

Speaking of which.....he still eligible? I know he played a game for the US once but someone mentioned a clause that yuh only tied if its an official FIFA tournament or something like that. Might be a moot point...buh....i still want to get it clarified.

As far as I'm aware the rules haven't changed....and they were, if you have played in an offical tournament (regardless of age group), be it the qualifiers or the finals eligibility comes into question. If you were under 21 at time as long as you switch allegiances before you pass 21 you ok. If you don't or were over 21 then yuh stuck to that nation fuh good. When it comes to offical internationals, friendlies doh count regardless of age. So it depends on what type of game he played in fuh the US as he is now over 21.

But I have to ask the question.....Does he even want to play for T&T?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 09:31:55 AM »
Trini talent!

As far as I'm aware the rules haven't changed....and they were, if you have played in an offical tournament (regardless of age group), be it the qualifiers or the finals eligibility comes into question. If you were under 21 at time as long as you switch allegiances before you pass 21 you ok. If you don't or were over 21 then yuh stuck to that nation fuh good. When it comes to offical internationals, friendlies doh count regardless of age. So it depends on what type of game he played in fuh the US as he is now over 21.

Friendly internationals DO count!!

or was that just a typo?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 09:47:39 AM »
Trini talent!

Dahs why i say that question could be a moot point.

International
Findley has dual citizenship with the United States and Trinidad and Tobago. He qualifies for Trinidad and Tobago through his parents, who emigrated to the United States from the Caribbean nation. Despite impressing throughout high school and college, Findley was not selected to become a part of the United States national team set-up. In 2006, he attended a T&T U23 national team camp. On October 9, 2007 Findley received a call-up to the United States senior national team for it's friendly against Switzerland on October 17, and entered the match as a last-minute substitute. On November 28, 2007 Findley received a call-up to the United States Under-23 Men's national team for their December camp and friendlies against the Peoples Republic of China Under-23 Men's team.

By my reckoning.....he get de cobo sweat at 22...meaning he tied to them. Too bad.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 10:01:59 AM »
Watch how I now learning dat Mike Bibby half-Trini.

Where you been?

Anyways... all of this is well-documented as well... of the three cousins. Bibby has spoken at length about how big a part his Trini family played in coming together to provide guidance for him Robbie out in AZ when they were growing up.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 10:18:09 AM »
Trini talent!

Friendly internationals DO count!!

or was that just a typo?

Yep yuh right, my bad, as of 2004.......they do count. Here is the offical FIFA stance with the relevant section highlighted.

"1.  Any person holding the nationality of a country is eligible to play for the representative teams of the Association of his country. The Executive Committee shall decide on the conditions of eligibility for any Player whose nationality entitles him to represent more than one Association.

"2.  As a general rule, any Player who has already represented one Association (either in full or in part) in an official competition of any category may not play an international match with another Association team.

"3.  If a Player has more than one nationality, or if a Player acquires a new nationality, or if the Player is eligible to play for several Association teams due to his nationality, the following exceptions apply:

"(a) Up to his 21st birthday, a player may only once request changing the Association for which he is eligible to play international matches.  A Player may exercise this right to change Associations only if he has not played at “A” international level for his current Association and if, at the time of his first full or partial appearance in an international match in an official competition of any other category, he already had such nationalities. Changing Associations is not permitted during the preliminary competition of a FIFA competition, continental championship or Olympic Tournaments if a player has already been fielded in a match of one of these competitions.

"(b) Any Player who has already acquired eligibility to play for one Association but has another nationality imposed upon him by a government authority, is also entitled to change associations. This provision is not subject to any age limits.

"4.  Any Player who wishes to exercise this right to change Associations shall submit a written and substantiated request to the FIFA general secretariat. After submitting the request, the player is no longer qualified to play for his current Association’s team.  The Players’ Status Committee shall decide on the request. The committee’s decision may be brought before the Appeal Committee. The Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players contain more detailed provisions.

"5.  Any Players who have already had their 21st birthday at the time of implementation of these provisions and who fulfil the requirements in par. 3 (a) are also entitled to submit such a request to change Associations. This entitlement will expire definitively twelve months after implementation of this provision."

1]; } ?>