June 11, 2024, 05:36:26 PM

Author Topic: 'Soca Warriors' for all  (Read 3602 times)

'Soca Warriors' for all
« on: August 27, 2009, 05:34:10 AM »
'Soca Warriors' for all
T&T Express

Call them the "Trinidad & Tobago Soca Warriors".

A deal has been struck between the Government and the island's football administrators to officially rename all national sports teams the "Soca Warriors".

"Every national team that leaves this country, whether it is basketball, football or cricket, can use the name Soca Warriors," said T&T Football Federation special adviser Jack Warner.

This followed a meeting between Warner, who is also a FIFA vice-president and CONCACAF president, and Minister of Sport Gary Hunt.

The first team to benefit from the scheme will be the national cricket team, which takes part in the Twenty20 Champions League in India in October.

Permission to use the name Soca Warriors for the national cricket team came after a request was made by T&T Cricket Board president Deryck Murray.

Warner noted that the name Soca Warriors was patented and solely given to the country's football teams.

But he and Hunt have devised a scheme under which they will look at all the legal ramifications and try to go around them as the T&TFF have agreed to release hold of the title Soca Warriors to every national team that leaves T&T.

Offline Automan

Re: 'Soca Warriors' for all
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 05:44:15 AM »
"Warner noted that the name Soca Warriors was patented and solely given to the country's football teams"

Jack, yuh good fuh tru

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 05:44:28 AM »
doh know bout dis nah ???, to me d brand should remain wit d football team, cause for confusion I think :-\

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 06:09:38 AM »
'Soca Warriors' for all
T&T Express

Call them the "Trinidad & Tobago Soca Warriors".

A deal has been struck between the Government and the island's football administrators to officially rename all national sports teams the "Soca Warriors".

"Every national team that leaves this country, whether it is basketball, football or cricket, can use the name Soca Warriors," said T&T Football Federation special adviser Jack Warner.

This followed a meeting between Warner, who is also a FIFA vice-president and CONCACAF president, and Minister of Sport Gary Hunt.

The first team to benefit from the scheme will be the national cricket team, which takes part in the Twenty20 Champions League in India in October.

Permission to use the name Soca Warriors for the national cricket team came after a request was made by T&T Cricket Board president Deryck Murray.

Warner noted that the name Soca Warriors was patented and solely given to the country's football teams.

But he and Hunt have devised a scheme under which they will look at all the legal ramifications and try to go around them as the T&TFF have agreed to release hold of the title Soca Warriors to every national team that leaves T&T.

This is PURE dotishness, will devalue the Soca Warriors name brand and will only serve to cause confusion.

This is Jack Warner putting money before the interest of the national football teams once again regardless of how he trys to spin it!  >:(

Why can't they consult with us the originators of the team's nickname and the die-hard Soca Warriors supporters before coming up with such a confusing arrangement?  ???

Is too much politricks from Jack & dem, yes!!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 06:19:27 AM by Socapro »

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 06:17:18 AM »
Yea i don't know about this either don't seem ideal... woulda rather if they just left the soca warriors to the football team. On the other hand its promoting our music and people call the soca warriors, soccer warriors around the world anyway so pshh go figure ultimately i don't think it will hurt us that much...

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 06:17:26 AM »
"Warner noted that the name Soca Warriors was patented and solely given to the country's football teams"

Jack, yuh good fuh tru

I do not believe Jack was the originator of this name brand. How could he patent it?  This needs to be taken to court. DAMN JACK, DAMN >:(

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 06:24:57 AM »
i kinda like d idea  :-\

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 06:32:34 AM »

Jack, yuh good fuh tru

I do not believe Jack was the originator of this name brand. How could he patent it?  This needs to be taken to court. DAMN JACK, DAMN >:(

D man who claims 2 b d originator Selwyn Melville is in favor of all teams being named soca warriors. As 4 waterin down d brand. Only did 1 marketing course in meh life but all yuh ever hear about brand recognition. Anyting socawarrior go mean TNT.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 06:34:15 AM »

Jack, yuh good fuh tru

D man who claims 2 b d originator Selwyn Melville is in favor of all teams being named soca warriors. As 4 waterin down d brand. Only did 1 marketing course in meh life but all yuh ever hear about brand recognition. Anyting socawarrior go mean TNT.

In dad case den we good.

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 06:36:57 AM »

Jack, yuh good fuh tru

In dad case den we good.

Yeah that is how I was thinking about it.... Good Move !!

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 06:38:50 AM »
As a soca warrior (soccer) fan it will require a little change in thought and perception.

WOW

But I alright with it. let dem go REP it and REP IT hard.

Now that is de hardest hard  ;D

Niceness

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 06:48:15 AM »
How Jack and his brigade have the patent on de name?Dey did'nt come up with it,it was Selwyn Melville,did dey buy him out?

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 07:05:09 AM »
How Jack and his brigade have the patent on de name?Dey did'nt come up with it,it was Selwyn Melville,did dey buy him out?

Jack does only buy ting from Maureen etal. So let d lawsuit begin.

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 07:06:27 AM »
I agree, this will only serve to confuse and devalue the brand.
Especially amongst foreigners who still believe that "Soca" is pronounced as "Soccer"

Should be only used for Football with mild changes for "Soca Braves" and "Lady Warriors"  :-\

Jack, yuh good fuh tru

Didn't Barbados try to patent the steel pan? ... or was it some Germans or Japanese?

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 07:13:34 AM »
 ;D :devil: :rotfl:

Look how ting does change eh...remember how Jack take out the word Soca and wanted to call the team the Warriors.

Den we kick fuss and they put back Soca.

Then the Indo community wanted the word Chutney inserted.

Now Soca Warriors is for every team in T&T.

Ah yes they finally get someone on board who recognises the value of our sportsmen and women as a brand and culture and decide to push it.

It will only get watered down if the sportsmen doing shit. If they win it will only be strengthened.

Look how we have moved on from the Strike Squad eh! ;D

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 07:27:47 AM »
;D :devil: :rotfl:

Look how ting does change eh...remember how Jack take out the word Soca and wanted to call the team the Warriors.

Den we kick fuss and they put back Soca.

Then the Indo community wanted the word Chutney inserted.

Now Soca Warriors is for every team in T&T.

Ah yes they finally get someone on board who recognises the value of our sportsmen and women as a brand and culture and decide to push it.

It will only get watered down if the sportsmen doing shit. If they win it will only be strengthened.

Look how we have moved on from the Strike Squad eh! ;D

Ok Touches, yuh convert meh over!

And thinking about it Flex already have a head start on them and have sections on this SocaWarriors.net site for Cricket, T&F and other sports so maybe them men was maccoing this site and got the idea to call all our T&T teams Soca Warriors from the way this site is now set up to cover all T&T sports!  ;)

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 07:32:42 AM »
I agree, this will only serve to confuse and devalue the brand.
Especially amongst foreigners who still believe that "Soca" is pronounced as "Soccer"

They does mispronounce Tobago so we go change d name of the country.

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 08:23:53 AM »

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 08:35:17 AM »
well if Selwyn Melville was smart he would patented it first  :devil:

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 08:57:34 AM »

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2009, 07:44:55 AM »
We more than a day late....and how many millions of dollars shorter since they all go in Jack's pocket?

This was announced since the U20 team get the laptops and money. No one said anything about it then.

And as for the patenting of the name, it was done since before the world cup if my memory serves me right.
The fact that people complaining about this nearly four years later like if they now hear it is evidence why T&T will continue to be run by caudillos like Manning, Panday, Jack, Abu Bakr(!)  in the foreseeable future.

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2009, 07:52:49 AM »
I think it's ok to have a universal brand.

A proven example is the simple term "ALL BLACKS"

Which is everything New Zealand no matter the sport. But fashioned from Rugby (stand to be corrected)

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2009, 07:58:06 AM »
We more than a day late....and how many millions of dollars shorter since they all go in Jack's pocket?

This was announced since the U20 team get the laptops and money. No one said anything about it then.

And as for the patenting of the name, it was done since before the world cup if my memory serves me right.
The fact that people complaining about this nearly four years later like if they now hear it is evidence why T&T will continue to be run by caudillos like Manning, Panday, Jack, Abu Bakr(!)  in the foreseeable future.

They complain more bout d fact that Bravo is also a soca warrior.