June 10, 2024, 03:20:01 AM

Author Topic: UNDER 20S try to rebound vs Venezuela  (Read 6321 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UNDER 20S try to rebound vs Venezuela
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2009, 12:33:25 PM »
Spideybuff.
Ah have to believe yuh then,I'll put it down to the Trini ability to surpris yuh when yuh least expect it.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2009, 12:58:16 PM »
Steeeuups....Wha' really going on wit my side boy? 1-0 to Venezuela!!? Not a good result, especially coming after that Costa Rica cutass. My team developing TNT senior team malaise now or what?.

Please....say it eh so!!!

Allyuh wouldn't know how much I believe in this side. They better come good against Paraguay. THAT will be the acid test this tournament.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2009, 02:18:50 PM »
Steeeuups....Wha' really going on wit my side boy? 1-0 to Venezuela!!? Not a good result, especially coming after that Costa Rica cutass. My team developing TNT senior team malaise now or what?.

Allyuh wouldn't know how much I believe in this side. They better come good against Paraguay. THAT will be the acid test this tournament.

AM I the only one who thinks a 1-0 defeat to the Host country's A side is good particularly with several of our main players missing?..if not a step in the right direction after a 4-1 loss to Costa Rica?

I dunno...learning experience maybe?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2009, 03:09:05 PM »
Arazi,
         You are not the only one who  thinks that a 1-0 loss to Ven. is not that bad after a 4-1 loss to CR. If I am not mistaken, that Ven. team also going to Cairo(correct me if I am wrong). I saw them play in the SA qualifiers and they played very well. Ven. maybe to be the doormats of the SA group, but that don't mean anybody can just walk in there a beat them like long ago. I rserve judgement until I see the game for myself. It is a good thing these guys are playing in a tournament like this. The seniors never had anything like this in preparation for the current Hex.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 03:37:52 PM »

AM I the only one who thinks a 1-0 defeat to the Host country's A side is good particularly with several of our main players missing?..if not a step in the right direction after a 4-1 loss to Costa Rica?

I dunno...learning experience maybe?

Speaking of players missing ... our neighbours have not included some players who are U-20 and eligible for this WC b/c those players are foreign-based, and Farias has preferred to work with a base of players that is consistently available.

On top of that - to tack on to Deeks' comment about the SA qualifying tournament - Farias also incorporated some players that were not part of the qualifying effort, and removed others. I have said here before, several contributors are fixated on the name 'Venezuela', but not on what's actually occurring in Venezuela. There was a time when we wouldn't even have been discussing Venezuela and U-20 qualification in the same sentence. In fact, as between us and them, guess who is likely to be the object in the rear-view mirror.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2009, 03:38:16 PM »
Arazi,
         You are not the only one who  thinks that a 1-0 loss to Ven. is not that bad after a 4-1 loss to CR. If I am not mistaken, that Ven. team also going to Cairo(correct me if I am wrong). I saw them play in the SA qualifiers and they played very well. Ven. maybe to be the doormats of the SA group, but that don't mean anybody can just walk in there a beat them like long ago. I rserve judgement until I see the game for myself. It is a good thing these guys are playing in a tournament like this. The seniors never had anything like this in preparation for the current Hex.

Yes they did, it’s called the Gold Cup but we failed to qualify for that because JW was too caught with fighting Panday for the leadership of the UNC and lost track of what is more important, progress of our football or his political ambitions to thief money from the treasury!
He gave Mats 3 chances too many before politely asking him to ride off into the sunset!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2009, 04:26:07 PM »
Socapro,
            you can't be serious. The GC as preparation for the Hex??? Please. Be serious. We should nave been playing Colombia, Ven, Ecuador, Para. Even a Brazil and Argentina B squads would have been preferable. The one thing I was pissed with Pacho is that he did not use his influence for us to play friendlies against SA countries. That would have been more than helpful.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2009, 04:28:43 PM »
sometimes I does wonder what it have in de sand yes ! one ting ..we real creative with excuses boy. I wish i did know some ah allyuh fellas while growing up .

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2009, 04:56:31 PM »
sometimes I does wonder what it have in de sand yes ! one ting ..we real creative with excuses boy. I wish i did know some ah allyuh fellas while growing up .

I agree with you Jai! I used to think RF was bad with his Reggae-flop excuses but some ah we own people on here could give him some serious competition!  :-[
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2009, 05:20:59 PM »
Venezuela roughing up we juniors years now, at least since 2006, so 1-0 is preferable to 4-1. But it can't hide the fact that our forwards are not scoring, and that along with taking too long to settle are emerging as our main problems post-CONCACAF. We are not preparing for an extended playoff like the hex, this is a tournament with limited playoff spots and games played in rapid succession, where room for error is nil and every chance must be taken. And perhaps the last one before the WC.

Since CONCACAF playoffs the faced Nigeria, UAE, S. Korea, and professional teams in leagues that would kill our pro-league sides. And a shyte load of them playing professionally at home. So no excuse loosing 4-1 to Costa Rica ATALL. This team way better than that. And no reason why Paul and DeSilva should be scoring all our goals.

Under production from the forwards has been going on for a very long time, way before the U-17 world cup and has not been properly addressed. Knox went dry after the CFU cup and only managed to score a penalty in the qualifiers in JA. I believe that was the last time he scored against opposition of any quality, if yuh call that JA side quality. After that it was mostly Paul scoring our goals with DeSilva, D. Joseph and random players poking in a few.  They even had a 'special' finishing session with Bertille but apparently to no avail. Fast forward 2 years and the problem still persists. With Jamal Gay away from the team so long and Knox still catching up we won't be a high scoring team for a while. So that defence needs to be organized and tight, not giving away 4 goals in 20 minutes. Jes my opinion.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2009, 05:37:08 PM »
Like Sherron Joseph cant make de side.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2009, 11:04:14 AM »
It look like the coach figure we is a big side and rest the star boys for this game against the hosts Venezuela. Didn't know we so big that we able to have a rotation policy nowadays. If he resting players, he shoulda rest them against paraguay, before the Brazil game so that:

1) They rested for the harder game against Brazil
2) Paraguay will underestimate us come the actual tournament when they not exposed to the creativity of Leston Paul and Sean Da Silva

Similar to how men sayign we could allows Scotty and Jones to stay with their club for the game against El Salvador. The one line I hear every season in the various leagues is that ..." The table doh lie" ...and we last in both tables( senior and u-20)

That has been Vranes' modus operandi since the qualifiers at COE.
Spidey when I said that a couple months ago, men saying how is a good thing to give everybody a chance to play. I still can't understand the strategy or see where it paying benefits for the team.  As a matter of fact, it seems as though the team without the 'regular' starters does seem to give the better results.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2009, 02:33:57 PM »
i just hop this team dont go to Egypt & get embarrassed.
with Corneal there things don't look good  >:(

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2009, 02:37:48 PM »
i just hop this team dont go to Egypt & get embarrassed.
with Corneal there things don't look good  >:(
As Spidey say before....the table doh lie...take that as a hint...unless something drastic doh change with the team management. 
I still believe we have a decent pool of players though...they just cah learn nothing more from the present coaches.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2009, 03:55:27 PM »
Too bad this World Cup in Egypt have a age limit or else Yorke coulda play and ensure we midfield lookin organised and ting.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2009, 03:57:16 PM »
Too bad this World Cup in Egypt have a age limit or else Yorke coulda play and ensure we midfield lookin organised and ting.

Vranes would sub him after 60min though...  8)
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2009, 03:57:50 PM »
You too shit up.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2009, 04:03:40 PM »

Vranes would sub him after 60min though...  8)

No wonder people does say u have a dark heart or sumting so... 8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2009, 04:41:24 PM »

:devil:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2009, 05:58:09 PM »
licks and more licks yes...when will we get a win fellas?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2009, 07:53:45 PM »

PURE HATE AND ACTING NORMAL
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2009, 10:30:22 PM »
Anybody know the score in the Paraguay match?

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2009, 06:23:05 AM »

I am sure you don't want to know.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2009, 02:09:33 PM »

I am sure you don't want to know.

LOL.......Yuh was right about that.......steuups...

1]; } ?>