June 08, 2024, 01:05:00 PM

Author Topic: Exclusion of San Juan Jabloteh players from national fold.  (Read 2438 times)

Offline john doe

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Exclusion of San Juan Jabloteh players from national fold.
« on: July 28, 2009, 07:19:54 AM »
Good day to all readers. Can anyone tell me why San Juan Jabloteh football players are not being called up for national duty? Within recent times only Atullah Guerra was been called to the national team. What about guys like Leston Peltier (one of the best players this country has to offer), Elton John, Jason Marcano and Jerol Forbes just to name a few. Something has to be drastically wrong. If one studies the selection of players unto some of the big teams in the world, one would realize that many players come from the top clubs in those countries domestic league with the exception of Brazil. For eg England and Spain select a large number of players from Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona. Why isn't the same being done here when everyone knows San Juan Jabloteh is by far the best local team? Guys who are past their prime, mediocre or don't even start for their clubs are selected unto the team. Something is very wrong if you ask m. There are many questions looming over the selection of players unto all antional football teams and the questions need some urgent and truthful answers. 

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Exclusion of San Juan Jabloteh players from national fold.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 07:31:38 AM »
Good day to all readers. Can anyone tell me why San Juan Jabloteh football players are not being called up for national duty? Within recent times only Atullah Guerra was been called to the national team. What about guys like Leston Peltier (one of the best players this country has to offer), Elton John, Jason Marcano and Jerol Forbes just to name a few. Something has to be drastically wrong. If one studies the selection of players unto some of the big teams in the world, one would realize that many players come from the top clubs in those countries domestic league with the exception of Brazil. For eg England and Spain select a large number of players from Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona. Why isn't the same being done here when everyone knows San Juan Jabloteh is by far the best local team? Guys who are past their prime, mediocre or don't even start for their clubs are selected unto the team. Something is very wrong if you ask m. There are many questions looming over the selection of players unto all antional football teams and the questions need some urgent and truthful answers. 

good point. didnt forbes recently get ah call up though? and i think most of the Jabloteh players are on the current U20 squad. that Jabloteh team is very young so by the time the next campaign comes around thats the players who will be there.  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 07:34:52 AM »
Previously it was politics....buh knowing how some entities carry a grudge.....it probably still is.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 11:08:24 AM »
Maybe Latas don't think they are good enough as yet. if these guys are so good as all yuh profess, then there is no way a smart coach like Latas will exclude them.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 11:17:15 AM »
How much strikers and midfielders allyuh want in d side?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 11:24:47 AM »
noel is a Jabloteh player he just playing for a different squad this year.

the issue i feel is that jabloteh have young players and TnT national side only like to use the old experience men.

All the Jabloteh players you call plus some others are big parts of the youth teams.

in time they will get into the squad.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 12:10:20 PM »
Maybe Latas don't think they are good enough as yet. if these guys are so good as all yuh profess, then there is no way a smart coach like Latas will exclude them.
I'm seriously beggining tuh question that deeks!!!

what i've seen of latas so far has been extremely disapointing. the man have fellas like nigel daniels, julius james, darryl roberts , kendell jagdeosingh and brent sancho out the selection list, for players like primus, spann, theobald, keon daniels (who didn't have a club since last september) makan hislop abu bakar, devon jorslin, and kerry baptiste.

just look @ what happened in mexico. BC we lost scotty , glenn, lawrence, and avery to injury and suspension, we had tuh relay on rookies and playing fellas out of position in ah hostile environment like azteca.

if latas had picked these fellas, then he wouldn't have tuh to depend on jorslin, abu bakar, and especially makan hislop tuh play the leftback position against speedy mexican wingers.

it's BC abu bakar was so green that he was beaten in the off side trap that put us on the back heel in the opening mins of the game, i not mad @ abu BC he's ah yute wid nuff potential, but tuh throw him in the lions den in such ah hostile environment?? now come the fack on!! if pacho had dun that we would not hear the end of it!

if latas continue tuh play his friends, like yorke who eh kick ah ball in months, birchall who only saving grace is his work eithic, when we have hyland, ah brilliant defensive mid who posses the skill of an attacking mid and is very good going forward, spann, ah fella who can't get ah sweat for an english savvanah side but is ah must on latas roster, bleeder, another skill less laborer!

how the hell we want tuh prosper and leaving out players who could get the job done, if this nonsense continues then we will end up with 5 points for the most in this hex mark my words. latas yuh sleeping on the job breds.

yuh said every one would get ah chance to impress, but i clearly didn't see that @ all, just the whole WC team from 06 with the exception of sancho and jack, and ah few local laborers, wham tuh everyone will get ah chance??
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:10:14 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 03:48:19 PM »
They use to blame Terry Fenwick, now who will the TTFF blame for nothing calling Jabloteh players.

I agree, Lester Peltier should be on the T&T team, he is much better than Tinto, YES, Tinto down that right flank and Lester could also play upfront.

Marcano and Elton is decent players to and deserve to be at least training with the T&T team vying for selection.

But Latapy prefer ole men. He hates the movie "no country for old men"
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 07:21:13 PM »
Not a fair comparison between the PFL and the EPL ... besides there was a time not too long ago when Jabs had a good share of players on the Natl squad and  we all know how that turn out ...with regards to training etc ....

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 07:32:18 PM »
They use to blame Terry Fenwick, now who will the TTFF blame for nothing calling Jabloteh players.

I agree, Lester Peltier should be on the T&T team, he is much better than Tinto, YES, Tinto down that right flank and Lester could also play upfront.
Marcano and Elton is decent players to and deserve to be at least training with the T&T team vying for selection.

But Latapy prefer ole men. He hates the movie "no country for old men"

This I totally agree with....sum ppl think alot differently tho..

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 07:42:01 PM »
Peltier is one player i really want to get caps from the PFL Arsenal wanted this guy bad it couldn't be no fluke he has potential he needs to get sum caps He should atleast always be around when tryouts going on...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 07:44:15 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 07:48:56 PM »
In my humble opinion the players named above still have some developing to do. Just the other day I watched some highligths of Jabloteh game and I was a bit dissapointed with the defense ...I think it was Carlon or Elton. Them other players although they might make up a winning team, Trent Noel for instance is superior to them in the position that is available on the national team. Not sure that in the current structure we have room for that many attacking players...we already have the best on the bench  :devil:

Peltier is one player i really want to get caps from the PFL Arsenal wanted this guy bad it couldn't be no fluke he has potential he needs to get sum caps He should atleast always be around when tryouts going on...

Exactly Potential...not the finished article yet and cannot displace the established players....as yet

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 10:32:55 PM »

what i've seen of latas so far has been extremely disapointing. the man have fellas like nigel daniels, julius james, darryl roberts , kendell jagdeosingh and brent sancho out the selection list, for players like primus, spann, theobald, keon daniels (who didn't have a club since last september) makan hislop abu bakar, devon jorslin, and kerry baptiste.

just look @ what happened in mexico. BC we lost scotty , glenn, lawrence, and avery to injury and suspension, we had tuh relay on rookies and playing fellas out of position in ah hostile environment like azteca.

if latas had picked these fellas, then he wouldn't have tuh to depend on jorslin, abu bakar, and especially makan hislop tuh play the leftback position against speedy mexican wingers.

it's BC abu bakar was so green that he was beaten in the off side trap that put us on the back heel in the opening mins of the game, i not mad @ abu BC he's ah yute wid nuff potential, but tuh throw him in the lions den in such ah hostile environment?? now come the fack on!! if pacho had dun that we would not hear the end of it!

if latas continue tuh play his friends, like yorke who eh kick ah ball in months, birchall who only saving grace is his work eithic when we have hyland, ah brilliant defensive mid who posses the skill of an attacking mid and is very good going forward, spann, ah fella who can't get ah sweat for an english savvanah side but is ah must on latas roster, bleeder, another skill less laborer!

how the hell we want tuh prosper and leaving out players who could get the job done, if this nonsense continues then we will end up with 5 points for the most in this hex mark my words. latas yuh sleeping on the job breds.

yuh said every one would get ah chance to impress, but i clearly didn't see that @ all, just the whole WC team from 06 with the exception of sancho and jack, and ah few local laborers, wham tuh everyone will get ah chance??
No disrespect, I like the Darryl Roberts inclusion into the team, he showed some good skill when he played.... I does laugh every time I see you mention him though, yuh remind meh of the Special One TV episodes where Dave calls and and always talking about Ameobi ayyy lmao :rotfl:  :beermug:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 11:21:52 PM »

if latas continue tuh play his friends, like yorke who eh kick ah ball in months, birchall who only saving grace is his work eithic when we have hyland, ah brilliant defensive mid who posses the skill of an attacking mid and is very good going forward, spann, ah fella who can't get ah sweat for an english savvanah side but is ah must on latas roster, bleeder, another skill less laborer!

No disrespect, I like the Darryl Roberts inclusion into the team, he showed some good skill when he played.... I does laugh every time I see you mention him though, yuh remind meh of the Special One TV episodes where Dave calls and and always talking about Ameobi ayyy lmao :rotfl:  :beermug:
Ah guess ah sounding like TI when he was beating the hardest drum, or palos with the seon power bungos, even berris with his undying committment tuh stern's goal scoring ability.

no matter how yuh twist it and turn it, there are always supporters out there who have ah favorite player, i just happened tuh like two, whitley who for me could do no wrong, and roberts for his technical soundness and ah wicked eye for goals with the work ethic of a micheal essiene.
positive. :beermug:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 06:47:13 AM »
I don't think that headline is fair,the question to ask is if Jabloteh players good enough to play on the national team,i think it's more ability than club.If my memory serves me right i could remember a time when the make up of our national teams were mainly Jabloteh players,senior,youth and women,you may or may not observe a lot of these same players have moved on to other clubs or playing for foreign teams,it hurt the senior team when Jabloteh had other commitments with so many players and could not release them,time changes the pool of players we have now is huge,there isn't much difference in the ability of our players other than some old and some young,we just hoping on any given day they will shine,i don't think anybody getting excluded you can only play with the cards you are Delta.     

1]; } ?>