June 06, 2024, 05:07:53 PM

Author Topic: Alternative arrangements for senior team.  (Read 10202 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative arrangements for senior team.
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2009, 10:05:10 AM »
my question is how does a scotland trip for a team of 18 players cost only $300k TT..

if i myself go to the UK and stay by family that could still me back a 10k TT..

For this team is airfare, meals, ground travel to different places, hotel accomodation plus yuh hadda give dem men daily stipend.

unless it was being subsidized by the govt?

Omar daiz what I was wondering. I remember last year or so we went Grenada or somewhere like that and to me it was closer to a millie.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2009, 10:05:28 AM »
The trip to Scotland is purported to cost TT$300,000. Now lets multiply that by 6 (trips) and we should just about used up the $18 million.

Yuh counting in metric aought? :rotfl:

elan like he attended the Jack Warner School of Accounting.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2009, 10:06:51 AM »
The trip to Scotland is purported to cost TT$300,000. Now lets multiply that by 6 (trips) and we should just about used up the $18 million.

Yuh counting in metric aought? :rotfl:

Yeah boy   :-[  :-[  :-[  It even make meh point better. Thanks for clearing that up.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2009, 10:20:22 AM »
I could understand that, yuh make a lot of sense.

Here's my thing though. The government has consistently given money to the TTFF and we have not see where it went. The TTFF made gazillions of $$$$$$$ in every form and fashion for WC 06. Since then, the Soca Warriors have done nothing Substantial that can be said to have used up all that income.

However, approx. 1-2 years after WC 06 JW said the TTFF was broke and suspended all football except the U-17 or U 20 men. The government swooped in and saved the day with an $18 million dollar DONATION/GRANT. Since then we made a trip to Argentina, the U-20 went on their trip and outside of thos two Ican't recall any other substantial endeavors by the TTFF with our teams.

The trip to Scotland is purported to cost TT$300,000. Now lets multiply that by 6 (trips) and we should just about used up the $18 million. Yet we have not been on 6 trips that would cost us that amount of money. As was stated numerous times, the government on many occasion have been paying the technical staff of the TTFF. Therefore it begs the question,

What does the TTFF have to show for the monies that they secured via sponsors and the government?

Yeah Elan - it's kinda what I've been getting at - if the Government has been constantly bailing out the TTFF, why stop now?

We all know JW halted TTFF Funds - not because they don't have $300k, which would be preposterous - but because he don't want to spend it on what he seems to concede is a failed mission.

The Government has already allocated $18M to the TTFF - why (IF they are) are they halting now? - Are they cutting their losses as well - or are they also conceding that the mission to South Africa is a failure?

As I said before, the government of TT has alot invested in TT Football, and that is not only monetarily. There is a huge social aspect to it as well - If you can pinpoint the one time in the 2000s when you can truly say all of Trinidad & Tobago was united, it was when we qualified and went to Germany. People forgot about crime, kidnapping, thiefing, poverty and all the daily struggles they have to deal with - there was a oneness between rich and poor. Prior to that our exuberance has been limited to other events like Lara breaking Sobers' record, Miss Universe/ Miss World triumphs, the lead up to Nov 19th, and Independence. In a small country like ours - we only move forward when we can all make personal sacrifice and find a way to work together.

JWFF has to answer to where the $18M went if they want another $300k to fund a tour. That is where the gov't can turn the tables - and broadcast it through the press. But maybe they lack the personnel with enough savvy to manouvre against the JWFF machine, because Gary Hunte simply does not cut it. If the JWFF doesn't have the relevant authority to keep them in check and everytime they complain about a lack of funds - the rhetoric and accountability of the $18M is constantly driven, brought up and played out in public - the JWFF will continue to have the upper hand and win in the eyes of the less informed majority.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2009, 10:22:57 AM »
the period had to be cut to four days due to at least five members of the team needing to be back in Trinidad to join their club (W Connection) for a Concacaf Champions League assignment. As such it meant the “Soca Warriors” would then only play two training matches.

Well I think this is the real issue here.  What is the point of going on the trip if 5 players have to buss out early?  Didn't they clear this with the players and there clubs?  Maybe these players don't have a blackberry with a calendar on it.   ;)  Doh blame Jack or the Gov't.  I'm sure they weren't planning the details of the trip.   We doh need to spend money in Scotland wasting time.  We could do that here.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2009, 12:18:04 PM »
oh Gosh man Camps
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Neil McCann's bust-up with Falkirk may end up in court‏
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2009, 07:53:12 PM »
May be I'm the last one to find out, but say it ain't so!

This article suggests that our warm-up game with Falkirk (in Scotland) is off!   :(

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2519673.0.neil_mccanns_bustup_with_falkirk_may_end_up_in_court.php

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Neil McCann's bust-up with Falkirk may end up in court‏
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2009, 07:57:56 PM »
May be I'm the last one to find out, but say it ain't so!

This article suggests that our warm-up game with Falkirk (in Scotland) is off!   :(

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2519673.0.neil_mccanns_bustup_with_falkirk_may_end_up_in_court.php

Yeh, ah feel you is de last one in trute.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2009, 08:11:03 PM »
So lemme get dis straight. No Gold Cup, because of our own failures. No warm-up games in Scotland. No friendly with Grenada. We barely get by a friendly with St. Kitts. Then we have to play El Salvador at home?

When we had Wim, dey didn't give him foreign-based players to work with. Now that we have de Lil Magician, we don't have quality friendlies. This is really not making any sense if we have world cup plans!

My suggestion is to give up now and just focus on the U20s!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2009, 01:35:21 AM »
So lemme get dis straight. No Gold Cup, because of our own failures. No warm-up games in Scotland. No friendly with Grenada. We barely get by a friendly with St. Kitts. Then we have to play El Salvador at home?

When we had Wim, dey didn't give him foreign-based players to work with. Now that we have de Lil Magician, we don't have quality friendlies.This is really not making any sense if we have world cup plans!My suggestion is to give up now and just focus on the U20s!
I agree, but yuh must remember, is jack warner and the TTFF yuh dealing with! and as yuh know..... the word sense and them(TTFF) cannot be mentioned in the same sentence!

as for giving up,i think that's already been established, hence the reason no good friendlies and no big name coach. is cold turkey for soca warriors fans! ah tell yuh , it's ah hard knock life being ah true T&T football supporter yes!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:37:02 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wham to the Scotland Tour
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2009, 09:46:43 AM »
I thought they get the money to go?

Latapy like he sticking too

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wham to the Scotland Tour
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2009, 09:56:52 AM »

Dey get money but d Scotlnd trip was already cancel. All yuh really did tink dat Latas have clout 2 tell JW what he want? Only d Don had dat clout.

JW go say dat 150k was spent in St. Kitts.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2009, 10:28:41 AM »

Dey get money but d Scotlnd trip was already cancel. All yuh really did tink dat Latas have clout 2 tell JW what he want? Only d Don had dat clout.

Hold on here! Wasn't that 150k given to Camps on behalf of the TTFF and not to JW!
Please don't tell me that Jack took that money and spend it on his trip to see Obama as a move to help promote his political career rather than giving it to Oliver & the TTFF to use to help prepare our team for the upcoming crucial game vs El Salvador on 12th August!

So the question is, what is Oliver & the TTFF waiting on to arrange them high quality warm-up games vs Venezuela and another Central/South American opponent?

Is Camps really this clueless that he could do absolutely nothing without Jack there to tell him what to do?  ???
If Camps keeps waiting on Jack to tell him what to do then you know Jack will always tell him something like: "Ollie boy, please put that lastest cheque into my account as usual and await further instructions and doh worry bout yuh job as TTFF president as you know once I'm alive your job is safe, all you have to do is keep smiling for the cameras, that's your job description, to await/follow my instructions and keep smiling!  ;)

Come on Camps why the ££$$ don’t you stand down and give someone else with a brain-cell working a chance to run the TTFF properly?!  >:(
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:53:18 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »

Hold on here! Wasn't that 150k given to Camps on behalf of the TTFF and not to JW!
Please don't tell me that Jack took that money and spend it on his trip to see Obama as a move to help promote his political career rather than giving it to Oliver & the TTFF to use to help prepare our team for the upcoming crucial game vs El Salvador on 12th August!

So the question is, what is Oliver & the TTFF waiting on to arrange them high quality warm-up games vs Venezuela and another Central/South American opponent?

Is Camps really this clueless that he could do absolutely nothing without Jack there to tell him what to do?  ???
If Camps keeps waiting on Jack to tell him what to do then you know Jack will always tell him something like
: "Ollie boy, please put that lastest cheque into my account as usual and await further instructions and doh worry bout yuh job as TTFF president as you know once I'm alive your job is safe, all you have to do is keep smiling for the cameras,that's your job description, to await/follow my instructions and keep smiling!  ;)
Come on Camps why the ££$$ don’t you stand down and give someone else with a brain-cell working a chance to run the TTFF properly?!  >:(
Wham pro? yuh was sleeping all this time or what! them old men in trini is some real sellout dread! they sell out every thing, the country, the oil, the asphalt, the security of the country, the yutes, the educational system, the integrity of our sports, BEEWEE, trintoc, the safety of the citizens tuh allow guns ammo and drugs tuh run free through our borders tuh kill our citizens, you name it dem old men was the culprits behind all our country's ills!

in short, them old fellas eh have no national pride @ all, cobo eat it out!!!

babalawo, post the picture of camps sitting up in jack's lap nah bredder? leh pro see it.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2009, 04:16:16 PM »
JC,
    They cyah sell out asphalt. It will always have asphalt. Everything else will be depleted.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2009, 04:20:35 PM »
JC,
    They cyah sell out asphalt. It will always have asphalt. Everything else will be depleted.
Tell wimpy that. ;D i believe they does refine our asphalt and sell it for ridiculus profits.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2009, 04:34:42 PM »
" CAN'T STAND IT... I KNOW YOU PLANNED IT .. IT'S A SABOTAGE"" (The Beastie Boys)

..REVOLUTION COMING SOON

what allyuh think TV rights money used for ??? eh ??..wha yuh think ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2009, 06:11:19 PM »
I love how allyuh does try to apply logic to  :devil: Jack thinking....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:12:52 PM by MEP »

1]; } ?>