June 04, 2024, 05:42:26 AM

Author Topic: Warriors shift training sessions.  (Read 982 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warriors shift training sessions.
« on: April 11, 2010, 05:01:39 AM »
Warriors shift training sessions.
T&T Guardian Reports.

National men’s senior team head coach Russell Latapy will resume training sessions this week following a one-week break and has switched his sessions to Mondays and Tuesdays from the previously scheduled Wednesdays and Thursdays.

According to team manager David Muhammad, the decision was taken to hold off on sessions last week, in order to allow the players to spend the entire week with their respective clubs to accommodate the commencement of the T&T Pro League 2010 season.

An announcement was subsequently made that the League will now kick off later this month.

“We felt it would be the suitable thing to do by allowing the players the necessary time off in the final week leading up to the start of the League and we also decided to switch our sessions to earlier in the week to facilitate the schedule of matches in the Pro League,” Muhammad said.

The training sessions will continue to take place at the Hasely Crawford Stadium main pitch.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors shift training sessions.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 11:28:44 AM »
I hope they spoke to the PFL coaches before doing this cause they makign the move with the best of intentions and with the PFL in mind, but you will hear certain men say soon " National team training always changing. We agreed to certain days at the start of the season then within a few weeks they reneged on that promise so I withdrawing my players cause it's not run professionally"  :devil:
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors shift training sessions.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 08:45:40 PM »
really laid back the session today  ...I wonder if we practice like this if we are supposed to step up automatically during games ?..even latapy was in on it and he should struggle to do that if the session was a little more intense. The latins practice like they play ..fast ball and man movement ...today ..ball movement but static players who move after receiving the ball .
We wonder why we cant flow ...well if a river stood still it would not flow either ! We still have not yet appreciated the fact that movement off the ball is crucial to flowing football ...that does not come naturally to T&T footballers and should be incorporated in every session. ..but I saw Lincoln there so everything is ok ...he is the technical director and if he sees nothing wrong ..then we ok.

1]; } ?>