June 04, 2024, 09:01:30 PM

Author Topic: Gateshead- Diamond League 2010 (July 10th-2010)  (Read 5038 times)

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Gateshead- Diamond League 2010 (July 10th-2010)
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2010, 02:26:18 AM »
Ngozi,

I have not argued against that point.

My friendly bet with AB is about PRing. Asafa has to prove fighting spirit to me if he hopes to win titles and even head to heads with the top 2. That is granted.

However, he will have ample opportunity to run a PR against lesser mortals thie year, so why are we trying to move the goalpost? Why are we mixing metaphors.

Let me ask a straight question again...do you think AP can run a new PR (a legal 9.71s or better) this year?

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2010, 11:11:01 AM »
I think he "can"!
but I don't think he'll ever win a gold competing against those two ever again ... that last run was confirmation but yes I do think he can PR.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2010, 11:31:06 AM »
I think he "can"!
but I don't think he'll ever win a gold competing against those two ever again ... that last run was confirmation but yes I do think he can PR.

OK sah, that was my point. I have mentally written of gold long ago, as normally you win that in your prime and he is a bit past prime. Gold is a yunger man's game and he would need lots of luck to win that at this point. However, I think he will get victories over TG an Bolt on the circuit this year. I know what shape he is in. I had a long convo with him last week in Lausanne.

Yes he messed up against TG this time, probably believing the swindle about TG being rusty, etc. Dont think it will happen again, but we will see sonn enough. I wont jump to conclusions based on this one race.

1]; } ?>