June 08, 2024, 05:46:29 AM

Author Topic: Jones scores again in Stoke City triumph  (Read 7200 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Jones scores again in Stoke City triumph
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2010, 01:11:11 PM »
Who the heck is fuller? Jones? He is a  talented forwards lacking confidence. He needs a solid manager.

I rate Jones as one of the top 20 strikers in England easy.

He not better than these men...

Rooney
Anelka
Drogba
Berbatov
Torres
Tevez
Adebayor
Bent
Defoe
Van Persie

So who are the other 9

So he have to be better than at least 35 of these (and I sure I missing some)...
Agbonlahor
Carew
Heskey
Diouf
Carew
Chamakh
Vela
Elmander
Davies
Owen
Saha
Yakubu
Zamora
Dembele
Andy Johnson
Babel
Ngog
Jo
Santa Cruz
Hernandez
Ameobi
Smith
Carroll
Fuller
Sidibe
Tuncay
Campbell
Welbeck
Gyan
Crouch
Keane
Pavlyuchenko
Fortune
Odemwingie
Obinna
Piquionne
Hines
Rodallega
Moses
Di Santo
Doyle
Ebanks Blake
Fletcher
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 01:13:40 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2010, 01:55:54 PM »
Weys u hadda put Crouch in that list... yuh looking fuh cuss eh.. just ah warning.

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2010, 03:54:17 PM »
http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16476_6402630,00.html

class is class form is temporary well done kenwyne keep flying it high

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 04:59:06 PM »
Man of the match lst three games he played. Not bad. He aint a world beater but Stoke's style of play suits him and good to see him doin well. Still got a lot of improvement to come but we'll see that next season when he's at Tottenham with Redknapp  :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2010, 05:27:36 PM »
Man of the match lst three games he played. Not bad. He aint a world beater but Stoke's style of play suits him and good to see him doin well. Still got a lot of improvement to come but we'll see that next season when he's at Tottenham with Redknapp  :beermug:

While he still frustratingly gets barged off the ball too easily for my liking, I find his first touch generally has improved.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 05:36:59 PM »
Yeah his first touch has SLIGHTLY improved but at least its progress. A few with his feet this season will make him seem an even bigger threat because all he's known for is his dominance in the air. We'll begin to see the best of him in the coming months  8)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2010, 06:52:06 PM »
So midnight, what you saying?? he's not ah top 20? or you feel BC of his first touch he don't belong on ah list @ all?

by any means i happened to think that he's in the top 15 according to me and this list. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/top_scorers/default.stm
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2010, 07:02:11 PM »

While he still frustratingly gets barged off the ball too easily for my liking, I find his first touch generally has improved.

Palos I was thinking the same thing.  He has been trapping the ball well and his passing has imp[roved too.  He appears to be doing more running off the ball also.

By the way chelsea for life..Jones can strike the ball with both feet

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2010, 07:35:23 PM »

Palos I was thinking the same thing.  He has been trapping the ball well and his passing has imp[roved too.  He appears to be doing more running off the ball also.

Ah normally don't agree wid you and fred flinstone, but in this case i have to concur.

nuff ppl here does underate jones BC he rarely scores for us and he eh pretty to watch, but what they fail tuh see is that with the right mentor/ manager his game could improve and this fella could become ah world beater.

ppl always on about his fuss touch eh like scotty's and he's like ah dog wid ah baloon, but if yuh ask them what yuh rather, ah slow coach wid ah midas touch who can't get into scoring position, or ah fast high jumpin aware striker who scores regularly? they would surely opt for the latter.

scotty had all the touches and ball control in the world and pretty tuh watch as well, but failed tuh make an impact on the prem. goes to show ah fuss touch eh all dat important in the prem as much as an aerial threat.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2010, 07:44:53 PM »

Ah normally don't agree wid you and fred flinstone, but in this case i have to concur.

nuff ppl here does underate jones BC he rarely scores for us and he eh pretty to watch, but what they fail tuh see is that with the right mentor/ manager his game could improve and this fella could become ah world beater.

ppl always on about his fuss touch eh like scotty's and he's like ah dog wid ah baloon, but if yuh ask them what yuh rather, ah slow coach wid ah midas touch who can't get into scoring position, or ah fast high jumpin aware striker who scores regularly? they would surely opt for the latter.

scotty had all the touches and ball control in the world and pretty tuh watch as well, but failed tuh make an impact on the prem. goes to show ah fuss touch eh all dat important in the prem as much as an aerial threat.

Part of KJ problem is when playing for TT, he  has to work twice as hard to get the ball. In addition he is not a great dribbler when cornered or close marked. He can dribble pass some men on the run, but his touches fail him when he does that at times.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2010, 08:30:21 PM »
part of KJ problem is we..we have turned into the sour-est set ah ppl ah know...nuthen never good enuff, cause it could always be better, every bright side must have ah larger dark side, we cyah settle for good because it always have better...we never had nobody actually scoring and generating so much hype in the English ppl league, since dwight Yorke - who in the earlies couldn't pass Lallas, we go let KJ know dat, and we hah to compare hem with 15 to 20 ah better everybody else...we greatest scorer ever - SJ - ketch hell, barely generate much, not just because of ah clueless manager, but he had some bad luck, some poor form, and fight up with injury too, and Jones with all he luck, nearly career ending injury ,make ah comeback, all kinda english hype, the 1_2 goals, not good like dada, cyah score with he foot, must lead the club in scoring, couldn't score for we, cyah score in WC, cyah even score in Fete match for we, cyah do this and that....ppl just wating for he to poops, to bawl ah tell allyuh he not so good...even Scottie does get it, everybody who doing ah lil something, we have to tell them like it is...dey not so good, cause dem ain't no great Ronaldo, or some great ANYbody else...we so scared ah failure, we taking in front before infront take we...nah we just keeping KJ , scottie,Spann,  all ah dem on the real, dem hah to improve, dem go never be good enuff, it always have somebody better ....Birchie is the best doh, lil english team or US bench, buh we odda fellas,  like dem doh know, dem head so swell, and dem so chupid, see how dey have starboy moves, them does only hear all dem english fans, and see demself large, so as dem is we own nah, we go starighten dem out, we go keep dem real...we fraid to throw we whole backing behind anybody, as we father dem used to do in the ole days, cause we brighter, we does see more of the best, we does only pick winners, boy...nobody cyah let we down, cause we know everything, boy. :rotfl:

"Fire brigade water the road"...steups for what, allyuh english ppl just wasting water oui
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 08:32:16 PM by maxg »

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2010, 08:36:51 PM »
part of KJ problem is we..we have turned into the sour-est set ah ppl ah know...nuthen never good enuff, cause it could always be better, every bright side must have ah larger dark side, we cyah settle for good because it always have better...we never had nobody actually scoring and generating so much hype in the English ppl league, since dwight Yorke - who in the earlies couldn't pass Lallas, we go let KJ know dat, and we hah to compare hem with 15 to 20 ah better everybody else...we greatest scorer ever - SJ - ketch hell, barely generate much, not just because of ah clueless manager, but he had some bad luck, some poor form, and fight up with injury too, and Jones with all he luck, nearly career ending injury ,make ah comeback, all kinda english hype, the 1_2 goals, not good like dada, cyah score with he foot, must lead the club in scoring, couldn't score for we, cyah score in WC, cyah even score in Fete match for we, cyah do this and that....ppl just wating for he to poops, to bawl ah tell allyuh he not so good...even Scottie does get it, everybody who doing ah lil something, we have to tell them like it is...dey not so good, cause dem ain't no great Ronaldo, or some great ANYbody else...we so scared ah failure, we taking in front before infront take we...nah we just keeping KJ , scottie,Spann,  all ah dem on the real, dem hah to improve, dem go never be good enuff, it always have somebody better ....Birchie is the best doh, lil english team or US bench, buh we odda fellas,  like dem doh know, dem head so swell, and dem so chupid, see how dey have starboy moves, them does only hear all dem english fans, and see demself large, so as dem is we own nah, we go starighten dem out, we go keep dem real...we fraid to throw we whole backing behind anybody, as we father dem used to do in the ole days, cause we brighter, we does see more of the best, we does only pick winners, boy...nobody cyah let we down, cause we know everything, boy. :rotfl:

"Fire brigade water the road"...steups for what, allyuh english ppl just wasting water oui

:applause:

ah love it  :beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2010, 08:40:15 PM »
Jones score any goals with his feet yet?

Yes.

Rooney score any from open play yet?

lol the defense rest your honour lol

Hey dats my line
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 08:46:37 PM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2010, 09:01:03 PM »

EXCELLENT POST!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2010, 09:05:23 PM »

well yes sah... whey yuh pull out that one from??

boss post!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2010, 09:36:14 PM »

Hey Maxg, whey yuh complaining about again! Let men moan if they want nah?!
Be careful cause some men here may argue that of late you starting to sound a bit sour yuhself!!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 09:38:16 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

AirMan

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2010, 01:19:49 AM »
Jones gets plaudits from Pulis
By LONDON

Stoke City boss Tony Pulis hailed "unplayable" striker Kenwyne Jones after seeing him inspire his side to a fightback victory at Newcastle.

The former Sunderland frontman returned to the north east to haunt the Magpies as they allowed three points to slip from their grasp.

Jones turned in an ineffectual first-half display, but was much improved after the break, hitting both the post and the crossbar before finally cancelling out Kevin Nolan's opener with a 67th-minute header, his fourth goal in as many games.

It was ultimately James Perch's own goal which handed the Potters victory at St James' Park, but Pulis was full of praise for his £8million summer signing. Continue..http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Jones_gets_plaudits_from_Pulis-103903039.html

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2010, 02:22:27 AM »
OK so Jones have scored some goals and lets hope he carry on doing so,but in no way is he better than Fuller,I said that I would have him in front of Jones and I'll stick by that.I am certain if we had Fuller in the TT team he would have scored all those goals that Jones missed during our attempt to qualify for SA.The sad thing is most of the chances Jones missed were from close range and he missed with his feet.Fuller has more attributes than Jones and if he was on TT team we would have qualified.

So yousaying Jones was the reson why T&T did not qualify   :D....ok so how did Fuller perform at the world cup?. I mean the way you describe him he had to been there and scored some goals

Jones has had a very mediocre international career, not surprisiong, as he has better service at club level than he does when he runs out for T&T, i've heard that from the man himself.  Fuller too has been less than stellar at international level for Jamaica in terms of scoring goals, but he has always presented a threat to opposing CONCACAF defenders, and is always creating chnaces for players around him, and yes, he score goals in cucial games too (last being a nice chip vs Mexico in last qualifying)

Like I said, with Jones aerial strenght, and Fuller's trickery in and around the box, Stoke looks set to at leasat climb the tables this season..unfortunately, fuller looks to have picked up a season ending injury. Jones will continue to score, as long as he has good support from the guys around him. Stokes long-ball game suits him very well.

If it was Drogba or Rooney scoring this goal, it would have been on the the front page of all the England sport dailies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TV4bXyl4uM

Yuh drunk?? who told you so? i predict fuller back in action in ah month.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2010, 06:49:37 AM »
maxg yuh cannot ignore the fact that when we watch KJ's performances in the prem, we have one eye on WC qualifying.
If so much of our WC hopes didn't rest on KJ's back yuh would not hear all these negatives.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2010, 07:17:33 AM »
Listen I don't care how he scores so long as he scores that's important,if his head is his weapon well so be it,then he joins ranks with pretty accomplish strikers that use their heads horst hrubesch,joe jordan,gordon mcqueen,jan koller,and luca toni

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2010, 08:34:58 AM »
maxg yuh cannot ignore the fact that when we watch KJ's performances in the prem, we have one eye on WC qualifying.
If so much of our WC hopes didn't rest on KJ's back yuh would not hear all these negatives.
1. Football is ah team game...at the international level it even more than that, it becomes a country game, results atributed to pride, coach, bench, support, crowd, all kinda and any factor, sometimes even attributed to ah dead relative, some kinda represent...How can all that be carried on KJ back I doh know...Not even Latas, Yorke, Stern John, ALvin, Tiger, Sharkey, Steve David, had to carry we on dey back by themselves, buh we go depend on KJ, who, we all agree not even as great.
2. If yuh still believe that he is the one to carry yuh, yuh feel it is in yuh best interest to cuss and lambaste the carrier...wha yuh trying to get him to throw yuh off, or fold under the weight...yuh thinkin the negatives does encorage?
Quote:
Be careful cause some men here may argue that of late you starting to sound a bit sour yuhself!! 
Wheter i'm the chicken or the egg, doh matter,  they might even be vegetarian, is not bout me, the important thing is we as supporters feed we representatives, build them up, make them strong, cause win or lorse, that is we out dey...and as far as dem reach, that is we out dey, and as far down as they fall, that is we out dey, as much as dey miss   etc.....
Quote :
whey yuh pull out that one from??

buh like we gettin more fedup than the fellas who on the frontline, who tryin to get ah break into the system, and make the sacrifices, deal with the disappointments(their own & ours), their failures, and their pains....and when dem have a little successes, and get thru, just ah little bit...well we wha take that away from dem too....True, I outta TT damn long, buh ah really didn't know my ppl so...my ppl used to big up the hero on the block, as ah matter ah fact, if anybody, from anywhere did only mention he play tata (even if he just really had ah bad day), it was war, we wouldn't let them fall (to drink, to bad company, to nothing), we was so busy watching and pushing dem up, and if they get thru and they step out dey, wheter it be football, cricket, track, school, anything..it was WE out dey.. they know we behind them, good or bad....Today, we more aware, we more worldly, we learn to big up everybody else outside, but we own,cause, steupes, he only lucky, "that coulda be me"....meanwhile, the ppl outside fully respecting we....even our offspring outside(from my personal experience), raised to Love & Respect TT...until TT once discovering dem is part ah we, does realize, dem not as good as we thought..."Nah, we doh wha dem. Dey parent wasn't so hot niether"...
We foerign getting licks, we local getting licks....it make it difficult for ah ole timer like meh to understand who I should be throwing meh support behind when ah look around my community, even if is ah Cyber community  :-\

add: sorry to be so long winded, is just sometimes I feel we doh even like each other, and thus ourselves...ok, I dun
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 09:38:41 AM by maxg »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2010, 09:01:39 AM »
So midnight, what you saying?? he's not ah top 20? or you feel BC of his first touch he don't belong on ah list @ all?

by any means i happened to think that he's in the top 15 according to me and this list. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/top_scorers/default.stm

I don't really have an opinion on the subject - or to be more precise I'm not sure, mainly because I don't know most of those players in the second half of the list in depth. What I am sure, is as I pointed out, KJ isn't better than the first 9 I called, and I know I took a risk by putting Bent in that list, but I stand by it.

If being in the top scorers list after any random number of matches was a determining factor for being known as the top x striker in the Premiership, I suspect that Andy Caroll could claim to be better than Rooney, Torres and Anelka...

Really I not getting into the rating up shite, I just happy to see a Trini scoring somewhere other than in Dwight bedroom...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2010, 09:19:53 AM »
Quote :
whey yuh pull out that one from??

buh like we gettin more fedup than the fellas who on the frontline, who tryin to get ah break into the system, and make the sacrifices, deal with the disappointments(their own & ours), their failures, and their pains....and when dem have a little successes, and get thru, just ah little bit...well we wha take that away from dem too....True, I outta TT damn long, buh ah really didn't know my ppl so...my ppl used to big up the hero on the block, as ah matter ah fact, if anybody, from anywhere did only mention he play tata (even if he just really had ah bad day), it was war, we wouldn't let them fall (to drink, to bad company, to nothing), we was so busy watching and pushing dem up, and if they get thru and they step out dey, wheter it be football, cricket, track, school, anything..it was WE out dey.. they know we behind them, good or bad....Today, we more aware, we more worldly, we learn to big up everybody else outside, but we own,cause, steupes, he only lucky, "that coulda be me"....meanwhile, the ppl outside fully respecting we....even our offspring outside(from my personal experience), raised to Love & Respect TT...until TT once discovering dem is part ah we, does realize, dem not as good as we thought..."Nah, we doh wha dem. Dey parent wasn't so hot niether"...
We foerign getting licks, we local getting licks....it make it difficult for ah ole timer like meh to understand who I should be throwing meh support behind when ah look around my community, even if is ah Cyber community  :-\

add: sorry to be so long winded, is just sometimes I feel we doh even like each other, and thus ourselves...ok, I dun

You must be really outta TT too long.. Cause since I know myself, if is one thing a Trini good at doing is pulling down his own heroes and fighting down anybody who doing something in the limelight. KJ is just the latest in a long line...

Nowhere else does the saying 'a prophet has no honor in his own country' hold more true than right here in this country.

Check it out..

Trinis waste down Lara at his peak when he was the greatest batsman the world has ever seen because (surprise, surprise) he was human.

Trinis hate on Yorke at his peak because of his lifestyle irregardless of his unprecedented accomplishments in putting this country on the world map.

Trinis waste down Ato because he talk plenty but didnt bring home gold, notwithstanding the fact that before him we shining light was Ian Morris finishing 4th.

Trinis waste down the Soca Warriors because eeeeven though we reach the World Cup and acquitted ourselves well, we didn't score goals and we didn't sweat Latas.

Trinis still wasting down Jack Warner.

So whats the news here? Come nuh man maxg, you self.. Trinis are ungrateful and don't like to give credit where there is an opportunity to heap criticism. For a Trini it is NEVER ENOUGH!

In India, Tendulkar is a god and can do no wrong. In fact, Indians appreciate Lara a whole lot more than we appreciate him in our own country. Shane Warne's indiscretions multiply Lara's by a 1000 yet they still willing to treat him as a national hero overlooking all that.

Look the world over and you will see that national heroes are treated as such, but right here in Trinidad, Dwight Yorke can't get an invite to the Women's World Cup final.

How do we treat the Strike Squad?

Come man, yuh know how it go... We go give dem a plaque and a medal when they dead.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2010, 09:20:23 AM »

I don't really have an opinion on the subject - or to be more precise I'm not sure, mainly because I don't know most of those players in the second half of the list in depth. What I am sure, is as I pointed out, KJ isn't better than the first 9 I called, and I know I took a risk by putting Bent in that list, but I stand by it.

If being in the top scorers list after any random number of matches was a determining factor for being known as the top x striker in the Premiership, I suspect that Andy Caroll could claim to be better than Rooney, Torres and Anelka...

Really I not getting into the rating up shite, I just happy to see a Trini scoring somewhere other than in Dwight bedroom...

Maybe you should look at who is below him consistently on the scoring charts.  As bad as some here does make him out to be he certainly keeps within reach of many strikers we would gladly claim to be miles ahead and is often ahead of many that we would gladly exhault as well.

Maxg Big up on da post fella, Yuh say most ah wha I always thinkin everytime KJ name pop up here on this site.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2010, 09:23:52 AM »
maxg
I'm 100% sure that every Trini football fan is happy that KJ is we own.
And I'm sure nobody is putting all of our hopes on him.  

That being said, he gets more scrutiny because we have less stars now.
If we had 5 players of KJ's status, each of them would get less scrutiny than he is getting now.
That is just how it goes.
He is playing at a higher level than anyone else in our team, so people expect that to at least be evident when he plays for us.  Unfortunately last campaign it was not.

Even Sunderland fans used to have negative things to say about him, and his form for them was good.  Imagine what they would have said if his form for club was just like his form in WCQ.

1]; } ?>