June 09, 2024, 03:50:27 AM

Author Topic: When was the last time we  (Read 5719 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: When was the last time we
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2010, 03:18:55 PM »
Frico Ja is not the only team TT must contend with. Take off your blinders. Martinique and Quada are EQUALLY capable of winning the cup.

I here nor there with Latas as our coach. But I have to say one thing for him. He is practically developing HIS team from scatch. It is an uphill battle. He is doing the foundation work. I doubt very much he will get to see the househe  is trying to build completed. Well unless he wins the Digicel and Gold cups. But like Beeni, another coach may be selected and will be given an experienced squad to work with. He will not have to deal with the development process. He will be getting the finished product of Latas hard work

Wisdom. Little youts, listen to wisdom please.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2010, 03:28:21 PM »
Well done Trinidad and thanks for helping Guyana. Everyone should remember that Trinidad played at home and no other result other than whipping all three teams they played was expected. Guyana's first loss in a year. No excuse but even for Guyana this is not our best team but we are happy the team did very well to qualify for the next level.

Reggae-Fan: So i tae it Guyana will play in the Jamaica group. I dont think we have played guyana in a senior mens football game in the past decade, they seem to be on the rise.

No problem man. Hopefully you will take us for granted and perhaps we will get a chance to introduce you J'cans to a man named 'Jackie-Chan'.

Fyzoman: we SUPPOSE to beat dese fly-by-night teams we beat!

uummm....a bit too much arrogance there I think. You were the best team and you won a chance to move up. Lets see how you do when you are not playing so called 'fly-by night teams'.

G-Balller I understand why yuh would be offended...me eh really singing no praises on de team...but i really wasn't trying to be arrogant (me eh ha no time for dat.) Is just that TnT really supposed to be beating Guyana coming and going!

And your last sentence says exactly what i'm saying bout de team, i also want to see how dey do against stronger opposition
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2010, 03:56:48 PM »
Well done Trinidad and thanks for helping Guyana. Everyone should remember that Trinidad played at home and no other result other than whipping all three teams they played was expected. Guyana's first loss in a year. No excuse but even for Guyana this is not our best team but we are happy the team did very well to qualify for the next level.

Reggae-Fan: So i tae it Guyana will play in the Jamaica group. I dont think we have played guyana in a senior mens football game in the past decade, they seem to be on the rise.

No problem man. Hopefully you will take us for granted and perhaps we will get a chance to introduce you J'cans to a man named 'Jackie-Chan'.

Fyzoman: we SUPPOSE to beat dese fly-by-night teams we beat!

uummm....a bit too much arrogance there I think. You were the best team and you won a chance to move up. Lets see how you do when you are not playing so called 'fly-by night teams'.

Guyanese baller, who is Jackie Chan? Is he the guy who played for Joe Public a couple seasons ago and was ripping up some MLS teams? Good youth that. but lets not start singling out players, Jamaica have some decent players that will play in the gold cup. For instance, our likely starting forward line in the Digicel Cup have each scored 14 goals respectively this season for their MLS and Danish league clubs. Our #1 and #2 goal-keeprsv(both avaialable for the Digicel cup) have just been voted "goal-keeper of the year" in their respective leagues - MLS and Swedish second division respectively.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2010, 04:05:20 PM »
Frico Ja is not the only team TT must contend with. Take off your blinders. Martinique and Quada are EQUALLY capable of winning the cup.

I here nor there with Latas as our coach. But I have to say one thing for him. He is practically developing HIS team from scatch. It is an uphill battle. He is doing the foundation work. I doubt very much he will get to see the househe  is trying to build completed. Well unless he wins the Digicel and Gold cups. But like Beeni, another coach may be selected and will be given an experienced squad to work with. He will not have to deal with the development process. He will be getting the finished product of Latas hard work

I dont expect Guadeloupe to have its full compliment of French league players available for the digicel Cup, same too for the Martinique. The majority of the players that played for the French caribbean teams are based in france...no way their clubs releasing them for the Digicel Cup...I am under the assumption that the Frenchleague doesnt have a winter break like the Scandinavian leagues do. the teams that wil do well in the digicel are the teams that have a heavy MLS presence...and those that have players in Europe who will be on Winter break....Jamaica, T&T are the favorites at this point

If I were to select my top 4:

1) Jamaica
2) T&T
3) Cuba
4) one Martinique / Guadeloupe

Offline Guyanese-Baller

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2010, 04:58:35 PM »
Reggae-Fan: Guyanese baller, who is Jackie Chan? Is he the guy who played for Joe Public a couple seasons ago and was ripping up some MLS teams? Good youth that. but lets not start singling out players, Jamaica have some decent players that will play in the gold cup. For instance, our likely starting forward line in the Digicel Cup have each scored 14 goals respectively this season for their MLS and Danish league clubs. Our #1 and #2 goal-keeprsv(both avaialable for the Digicel cup) have just been voted "goal-keeper of the year" in their respective leagues - MLS and Swedish second division respectively.

You missed the point there RF. I wasn't comparing players. Jackie Chan and few other good players did not play in this Trinidad round so if you studied that tape and look only at that team as our best you would be wrong. I am hoping that he plays the next round because he is a gifted-player who has an X-factor and plays very well away from home.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2010, 06:47:35 PM »
Reggae-Fan: Guyanese baller, who is Jackie Chan? Is he the guy who played for Joe Public a couple seasons ago and was ripping up some MLS teams? Good youth that. but lets not start singling out players, Jamaica have some decent players that will play in the gold cup. For instance, our likely starting forward line in the Digicel Cup have each scored 14 goals respectively this season for their MLS and Danish league clubs. Our #1 and #2 goal-keeprsv(both avaialable for the Digicel cup) have just been voted "goal-keeper of the year" in their respective leagues - MLS and Swedish second division respectively.

You missed the point there RF. I wasn't comparing players. Jackie Chan and few other good players did not play in this Trinidad round so if you studied that tape and look only at that team as our best you would be wrong. I am hoping that he plays the next round because he is a gifted-player who has an X-factor and plays very well away from home.

Didn't even know Jackie Chan was Guyanese much less playing ball for Guyana!

That man is indeed multi-talented, yes!!  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Po75Z6F_HOU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Po75Z6F_HOU</a>
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 07:05:22 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2010, 07:14:12 PM »
Apparently Guyana will be playing football like this once Jackie Chan rejoins the team in the next round!
Soca Warriors & Reggae Boyz beware and please don't underestimate the Golden Jaguars!!!
 :nailbiting:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7nlBC24ENk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/u7nlBC24ENk</a>
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 07:35:45 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

truetrini

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2010, 08:06:23 PM »
I cyah believe man getting carried away already. :)  Seriously!!!  Lock Latas contract in?  It's only about results "AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL."  To keep your job as the National coach of T&T you need to get results at the highest level.  I'll argue that the teams we beat up on is not at the highest lvl.  The only thing I would say is that it appears that some level of normalcy is coming back when we play Caribbean opponents.  Unless we beating El Sal., Guat, Hon, and them I'm not happy.  No dis to Latas but that's the nature of the job.  Great 3 games though.

Thank you Preacher! Men already getting carried away but for what?!
We have proven nothing yet against quality opponents!!
1. We have not yet qualified for the Gold Cup!
2. We have not yet won the Digicel!

When we do that then I will happily join the celebrations and endorse Latapy as probably the man to take us into the 2014 World Cup qualification campaign but until then I am not going to start dancing in the streets!

When last any trini team make beat ANY team that plays at the highest level?

WHEN LAST?

Leh we beat who we does face on ah regular and leh we win what we supposed to win...dais all.

Latas and de team do de job so far.

I not saying they are playing exceptionally well, I certainly not saying they are world beaters, but oh gorm man...we do what we were supposed to do and we do it facking easilt too.

When we was tying Antigua allyuh was calling for heads on chopping blcoks..allyuh so facking hard headed allyuh want blood...when none called for

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2010, 08:24:54 PM »
I cyah believe man getting carried away already. :)  Seriously!!!  Lock Latas contract in?  It's only about results "AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL."  To keep your job as the National coach of T&T you need to get results at the highest level.  I'll argue that the teams we beat up on is not at the highest lvl.  The only thing I would say is that it appears that some level of normalcy is coming back when we play Caribbean opponents.  Unless we beating El Sal., Guat, Hon, and them I'm not happy.  No dis to Latas but that's the nature of the job.  Great 3 games though.

When we do that then I will happily join the celebrations and endorse Latapy as probably the man to take us into the 2014 World Cup qualification campaign but until then I am not going to start dancing in the streets!

WHEN LAST?

Leh we beat who we does face on ah regular and leh we win what we supposed to win...dais all.

I not saying they are playing exceptionally well, I certainly not saying they are world beaters, but oh gorm man...we do what we were supposed to do and we do it facking easilt too.

When we was tying Antigua allyuh was calling for heads on chopping blcoks..allyuh so facking hard headed allyuh want blood...when none called for

Show me what I said here that is incorrect?

Failing that I believe I have a right to give my view on our current status as a football team as much as yourself or anyone else here!

Cool?  8)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 08:27:09 PM by Socapro »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2010, 09:08:38 PM »
Ah really surprise @ nuff ah allyuh on here. yes i was latas biggest opponent and rightfully so! the reason why i was on latas so much is BC of his selection policy and the way he handled the fans.

he went on to do the same sh!t that the frustrating colombian was doing despite of the colombian's failures to the dismay of the fans! he also did not make his intentions clear to the fans when he decided to exclude players who were doing quite well, players like collin samuels , avery john, khaleem hyland, darryl roberts, jaggy and julius james to stick with players who were truly hurting the team.

latapy did things that i thought ah fella who knew what we the TRUE fans, his former team mates and the football community in T&T had to go through with jack warner and the T&TFF in the past 20yrs, but still added to that pain and disappointment when he failed to satisfy our curiosity as to his reasons and motives in tactics and team selection.

he also kept his 23 man roster ah secret from the press on ah few occasions when according to fifa rules , he was supposed to make this public no later than i think 72hrs before the game, but did it a day before to the dismay and disappointment of the hardcore fans.

also staying with bums like aklie edwards, clyde leon, makan hislop, keston williams, and others who clearly showed that they were not up to this level of football, but instead insisted on them as well as the experimentation with countless others including pensioner lydon "chubby" andrews!

these are some of the things together with the madness of russell latapy that boiled my piss!

but to our surprise latas finally confessed that some of his choices were not up to standard, and made a turn in the right direction, which is all i could ask of him!

i'm not really in the 100% positive results game, but rather making the right choices prepare well and be brutally honest with yuh team selctions, in other words give it yuh best shot, that's all i ask. if yuh lose under those conditions then i'm ok with that, as long as our best possible players take the field and the coach could inspire them to give more than their all, then that's good enough for me.

credit to latas for now, he made the right choices for now, and acknowledged that the players whom he insisted on were inadequate, now with julius james, marshall, and youngsters like jones and cyrus added to the team, then i say kudos to latas, he made ah step in the right direction. give him ah chance warriors, if he revert back to his old nonsensical ways, then off with his head! but for now let him live and enjoy the victories.    :beermug: :beermug:

BTW for all who talking bout we played minnows and a haitian under 23, we've been playing with youngsters and inexperienced players as well. marshall, jones , cyrus, winchester, molino, hector, peltier, are all new to international football and with the exception of marshall and hector, all the rest are under 23 yrs old.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 10:13:36 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2010, 09:23:15 PM »
de facking world coming to an end..I agreeing with just cool allyuih bums responsible for this shite :rotfl:

and reggaefan coming here talking about if dis Haiti team so bad  steusp dm yardies just draw 1-1 with dis same team in florida..now is ah shit team  lol

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2010, 09:48:42 PM »

WHEN LAST?

We saying the same thing. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2010, 08:54:19 AM »
We have done what was expected and nothing more in fact inferior opposition like St.Vincent scored 2 goals against us and we could only score 2 against Guyana who replied with 1 goal.Since it appears that RL is going for all out attack then it didn't show against Guyana and to be honest Guyana always looked like scoring.St.Vincent was also understrength like Guyana,am I wrong in thinking that we should be well above the standards of teams like Guyana and Vincy,I am sure many on here feel we should be.I can only start feeling confident when we come away with a clean sheet against such teams,Haiti is a different story,they are using all under 23 inexperenced players and are rebuilding so nothing to shout about,dont forget we played to a nil-nil draw in the second half,what happened to all RL attacking philosophy in the second half.
 The toughest we have played so far were Jamaica and Panama and they both shreded us, Jamaica did us at home and we were lucky it wasn't 6 or 7,Panama gave us a similar beating.I personally think the best match we had so far was against Jamaica in Kingston where we could have won,Jamaica was lucky to be given a penalty,it never was a penalty as we all saw.I am a Trini and feel very relieved that we have qualified for the Digicel,what I would like to see now is ,we win the Caribbean title,it would also be nice to see us put one over on Jamaica and most of all keep some clean sheets,if all this goes to plan then I can sit down in comfort on my settee and watch Trinbago play instead of peeping from behind the settee.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  So does "could have won" means that the Soca Warriors scored a goal that was not given or some other infraction that cost T&T a goal? I was telling some friends that the penalty should not have been given or scored.
When they asked me why I told them the Reggae Boyz would have put 3 or more goals in the T&T net. 8)

jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2010, 09:15:58 AM »
de facking world coming to an end..I agreeing with just cool allyuih bums responsible for this shite :rotfl:

and reggaefan coming here talking about if dis Haiti team so bad  steusp dm yardies just draw 1-1 with dis same team in florida..now is ah shit team  lol
Get your facts right.
The Haitian team that Jamaica played and "draw 1-1" with in Florida was a 1st leg World Cup qualifier on June 12, 2004. The second leg was a week later at The Office where the match was over in 32 minutes with a Marlon King hat-trick.
Jamaica met Haiti again in a Gold Cup qualifier on November 28, 2004 where the Reggae Boyz won 3-1.
Now the last time that Jamaica and Haiti met again was another Gold Cup qualifier on October 1st, 2006 where the Reggae Boyz again won 2-0.
So the question is: if the Haitian team of 2004 is this same U-23 team that just played T&T  ??? ??? ???.     
jjbrown

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2010, 11:21:46 AM »

Get your facts right.
The Haitian team that Jamaica played and "draw 1-1" with in Florida was a 1st leg World Cup qualifier on June 12, 2004. The second leg was a week later at The Office where the match was over in 32 minutes with a Marlon King hat-trick.
Jamaica met Haiti again in a Gold Cup qualifier on November 28, 2004 where the Reggae Boyz won 3-1.
Now the last time that Jamaica and Haiti met again was another Gold Cup qualifier on October 1st, 2006 where the Reggae Boyz again won 2-0.
So the question is: if the Haitian team of 2004 is this same U-23 team that just played T&T  ??? ??? ???.     

According to FIFA.com the last game between Jamaica and Haiti was actually last year in Fort Lauderdale and the score was 2-2.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2010, 05:11:49 PM »
TT and JA, go ahead. Underestimate Guyana and the socalled minnows at allyuh own peril

truetrini

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2010, 06:44:50 PM »

Get your facts right.

breds I was wrong about teh score it was actually 2-2  look de game here I saw it,,so doh play up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFRozmYT5EY

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2010, 09:56:28 PM »
TT and JA, go ahead. Underestimate Guyana and the socalled minnows at allyuh own peril

I posted this warning higher up in this thread but no one seemed to take heed!  8)

Apparently Guyana will be playing football like this once Jackie Chan rejoins the team in the next round!
Soca Warriors & Reggae Boyz beware and please don't underestimate the Golden Jaguars!!!
 :nailbiting:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7nlBC24ENk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/u7nlBC24ENk</a>

1]; } ?>