May 28, 2024, 11:07:08 PM

Author Topic: Question: Warriors Nation Members based in T&T.  (Read 4960 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Question: Warriors Nation Members based in T&T.
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 09:06:18 AM »
thanks very much
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 09:45:36 AM »
Weary1969 and Patriot: Thanks for making time to pass along the info. So  all Anil bad-john talk was only a grandcharge scene or what?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 10:44:55 AM »
Weary1969 and Patriot: Thanks for making time to pass along the info. So  all Anil bad-john talk was only a grandcharge scene or what?

Yep I will post Lasana versions
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 10:52:24 AM »
Today's fiery w/cup press conference‏.
By: Lasana Liburd.

Today's press conference officially launched Trinidad and Tobago's 2014 World Cup campaign--just one month from our first qualifying game.

Notwithstanding the late start, All Sports chairman Anthony Harford notably has taken the management of the campaign away from the TTFF at the football body's request. Harford set up an independent committee that consists of two members of the private sector, a Sport Ministry representative, a TTFF representative and himself as Chairman.

Not much of a vote of confidence there for president Oliver Camps and the absent general secretary Richard Groden--the latter was absent because he didn't consider himself ready to answer questions regarding FIFA's decision to launch an Ethics probe into his conduct.

More to the reason that I am writing this note, I had brief questions from the TTFF President and Sport Minister Anil Roberts that may or not be covered by the rest of the press.

My question to Camps was (roughly): "The TTFF General Secretary is under investigation by FIFA and you are before the courts for cheating your own employees, the 2006 World Cup team, out of their bonuses; do you think the current TTFF Executive is an asset or liability to national football and why?"

His response was that he is an asset because of his "vision". He didn't go into details.

I then asked (roughly): "You have handed over responsibility to run the TTFF's W/Cup campaign to a committee that is drawn up and yet the TTFF hasn't even named its representative on the committee. Who is the representative?"

He said they hadn't decided yet. I asked when would they decide. He said he didn't know.

Simlarly, I had two questions for the Sport Minister. They were:

When did your concern over accountability begin and how is it you have only voiced such concerns after te departure of your Cabinet colleague Jack Warner?

And, As a matter of integrity, do you admit to intentionally trying to mislead the population when, during the last general election campaign, you claimed that the World Cup players had no right to any bonuses as they did not score a goal in Germany?

Minister Roberts had other ideas.

He said he would not answer a question until I answered his. He said that last year on the Morning Edition, I criticised the Sport Minister for pouring millions into an organisation (football) with no transparency. Then last week, I wrote that the TTFF was bankrupt.

He wanted to know which statement was true and if I would "admit" in front of everyone that I was a liar.

I responded by asking whether the Sport Ministry put any money into national football last year and he said they only paid for hotel stay of a national youth team in Colombia.

I followed up by asking whether the Sport Ministry had paid any players or coaches last year for the TTFF.

Instead of answering, he called me a liar, refused all questions and returned to his seat.

My point, rightly or wrongly, is that if you pay an organisation's bills and its employees is that not providing funding? And if not, it is surely a difference of opinion.

Furthermore, I failed to see how the TTFF receiving money one year and being bankrupt the next was a contradictory statement. But I take it the Minister doesn't feel comfortable answering my questions.

My closing question to the head table was thus:

"The national players and coaches who participated in last year's Caribbean Cup still have not been paid, is there anyone here who cares?"

The silence was deafening.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:33:03 AM by Flex »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 11:14:22 AM »
Very interesting by play...

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 11:16:58 AM »
Excellent work by all of you Flex, Weary1969, Liburd, Patriot et al. Thanks.

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 11:38:30 AM »
Alright good questions but were those the only questions?what about answers/solutions did we get any?what the new company was formed for are they going to run Football?anything positive came out of this?

Like is only Lasana was asking questions?again people we get another opportunity to confront Anil,Camps etc and we blow it,we always quick to talk about other countries but any where else some shoe would ah fly or something.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 11:41:16 AM »
Sam , look how much info cosign gih yuh....yuh owe de woman ah roti and a johnny red next time yuh home
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 11:49:38 AM »
Alright good questions but were those the only questions?what about answers/solutions did we get any?what the new company was formed for are they going to run Football?anything positive came out of this?

Like is only Lasana was asking questions?again people we get another opportunity to confront Anil,Camps etc and we blow it,we always quick to talk about other countries but any where else some shoe would ah fly or something.

What new body u eh c SCAMPS say he have  4040 VISION. As 4 asking ? Only Lasana have testicular fortitude 2 ask ? and d Min like Jack does take he ball and go home.
Sam , look how much info cosign gih yuh....yuh owe de woman ah roti and a johnny red next time yuh home

I GOOD MEH MAN PATRICK U KNOW D EX PM does handle meh nicely. 

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2011, 11:51:13 AM »

coops shoes in trinidad expensive, we eh peltin dat dry so ah piper go take it......besides if any body else woulda aks de same question dey woulda get de same silent treatment
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2011, 12:08:37 PM »
Sorry I couldn't make it Flex. Although I was not at work today I did have a prior appointment and I only found out about the request for a rep at the press conference from Weary just as I was driving out mih yard this morning, by then it was too late.

Thanks to both Patriot and Weary for the update......Anil is a real cunny!!!....I eh surprised he and Lasana clash.  Always passing he mouth on him for simply stating the facts and telling the truth....Lasana have more integrity in the tip of his little finger than 1,000 Anil's combined..... :puking:

As for Camps, what ah goh say.....

IT HAS A VISIONNNNNNNN!!!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2011, 12:48:41 PM »
Hopefully Lasan get some time on TV to disuss this and show up the Minister and the Federation.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2011, 12:48:49 PM »
no matter which local marketing firm they appoint to save camps skin, it will fail

they are trying escape a foreign based conglomerate from entering the football market and taking over local football

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2011, 12:51:13 PM »
Hopefully Lasan get some time on TV to disuss this and show up the Minister and the Federation.

He need 2 go on Crimewatch dat is all Trinis watchin now.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2011, 01:02:09 PM »
Them locals quiet boy.....   ::)

Way big mouth SM, BM and Cosign gone ?

Patriot is de right man for de job

CO-SIGN has not attended to urgent personal business to post what Patriot is learning from d press conference.

We appreci-love your efforts Co-sign. Great Stuff!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2011, 05:14:15 PM »

Brown just 4 u

Birchall is 1 of d foreign base that will be bck along wit d skipper and Carlos

Traitor, Judas!!!.... >:(  :'(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2011, 05:33:37 PM »
Thanks TT-based SWN, the pressure mounting, we skin real thick, Rome was not built in a day
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2011, 06:43:36 PM »
Great work guys.

Thanx....
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2011, 08:26:39 PM »

Brown just 4 u

Birchall is 1 of d foreign base that will be bck along wit d skipper and Carlos

Traitor, Judas!!!.... >:(  :'(

Doh be so quick to judge yuh boy and fall for dat bait and switch tactic Sugar.  Galaxy has a game at 10:30pm on Aug 20th, Stoke and Ipswich also have games on the 20th.  Like yuh forget who we dealing with or what...

Thanks weary and Patriot!  :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:40:23 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2011, 08:30:09 PM »

He wrong tuh tell Camps they "in court for 'cheating' the players out of their bonus" though... assuming those were his exact words.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2011, 08:40:43 PM »

He wrong tuh tell Camps they "in court for 'cheating' the players out of their bonus" though... assuming those were his exact words.

Maybe he didn't have time to say they "have been found guilty TWICE for submitting false accounts, renaging on player contracts, lying to the press, blacklisting players and severley damaging our national football, mismanaged millions of taxpayers dollars, consistently been involved in ripping off the public, failed to pay players match fees and staff wages, generally bringing the game into disrepute and having officials involved in international scandals" 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2011, 09:41:30 PM »
Foreign base only 4 d WCQ

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2011, 10:44:30 PM »

Maybe he didn't have time to say they "have been found guilty TWICE for submitting false accounts, renaging on player contracts, lying to the press, blacklisting players and severley damaging our national football, mismanaged millions of taxpayers dollars, consistently been involved in ripping off the public, failed to pay players match fees and staff wages, generally bringing the game into disrepute and having officials involved in international scandals" 

However you want to parse and ridicule it it's a contractual dispute... this is how a journalist should describe it.  Whatever Lasana's personal take on the merits of the argument, the players didn't take the TTFF et al to court and allege that they were cheated out of their bonus... they went to court alleging that the TTFF reneged on a promise... aka breach of contract.  To Lasana and the fellas drinking beers with him "impartiality" might not be an issue, but if he really wants to be taken seriously as a journalist (as opposed to a man with a poisoned pen and an axe to grind) then he needs to be more objective in his stance.  You can ask hard hitting questions without making it look like yuh taking sides.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2011, 11:41:14 PM »
Thanks for the update/feedback/questions weary patriot et al
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>