May 23, 2024, 01:17:55 AM

Author Topic: Rachel Price speaks on curfew madness  (Read 1607 times)

AirMan

Rachel Price speaks on curfew madness
« on: August 24, 2011, 05:20:40 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WnESz2oqR1U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WnESz2oqR1U</a>

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rachel Price speaks on curfew madness
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 07:18:08 AM »
Ah have ah tabanca for dat gyul.....she makin alot of sense....

Congested educated illiterates ....nice one.... ;D
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 09:22:25 AM »
She said alot of things so it will take some time to digest and decide what I agree with and what I don't, but the overarching impression that I walk away with is that this SOE has sparked some kind of social consciousness, and I like that.  I dunno how long it will last and what will come of it, but Trinis need to think more critically about the society we live in, and begin to speak out...Too much apathy in T&T - This type of blogging could be the building blocks of which movemens are made if enough momentum is built. 

For that I appreciate this video. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

AirMan

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 12:52:13 PM »
Ah have ah tabanca for dat gyul.....she makin alot of sense....

Congested educated illiterates ....nice one.... ;D

:D she does annoy me most times but her sentiments in this video are the same with alot of Trinbagonians

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 12:52:41 PM »
She said alot of things so it will take some time to digest and decide what I agree with and what I don't, but the overarching impression that I walk away with is that this SOE has sparked some kind of social consciousness, and I like that.  I dunno how long it will last and what will come of it, but Trinis need to think more critically about the society we live in, and begin to speak out...Too much apathy in T&T - This type of blogging could be the building blocks of which movemens are made if enough momentum is built. 

For that I appreciate this video. 

To me, the problem in TnT isn't usually apathy, it is lack of action. Everyone is always willing to have an opinion on what is wrong.... but very few suggest how to do it better, even fewer try to do it themselves.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 01:16:49 PM »
To me, the problem in TnT isn't usually apathy, it is lack of action.

I hear you - and that's true...but it amounts to the same at the end of the day, in my opinion...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 01:49:22 PM »

I hear you - and that's true...but it amounts to the same at the end of the day, in my opinion...

Agreed... in the classic sense "apathy" is a lack of concern, but what's the sense "caring" about something if yuh doh act on it... same khaki pants.  I ent take in de vid yet, she does irritate me too much and I write she off since dat last slapping incident.  But ah go check it out later when ah have some time.

She said a lot... not much to disagree with, reiterating much of what we've been saying here... SoE might rope in the low-level bandits but the dons and dem go walk free.  Some who saying they support SoE can't really articulate anything concrete it would achieve etc.

I liked her comments on investing... absolutely spot on, and one I didn't really think of myself. 

Didn't know that flights have been cancelled... including CAL cancelling all flights indefinitely... assuming it's correct.  God knows how much business (both the airline's and passengers') is being lost.  People in Trinidad (and some here) keep saying "who care about what people think about we"... yeah well from tourism to investment people will be worried about safety and stability.  From here on out this will be an addendum to our history... "[X number] years ago crime was so bad that a state of emergency had to be declared."  The average person, knowing that SoE is a drastic act, and one not usually declared for "crime"... will say to themselves... "wheyyyys dem had tuh be real outta control jed".  That is now our legacy... wear it well.

Some other points... but ah wasn't taking notes and none really resonate that much as to create in impression.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 11:59:54 PM by Bakes »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 07:47:32 PM »
yuh does only find she on blog when bacchanal happen

AirMan

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 12:31:24 PM »
Rachel Price yuh right when yuh say this government creating a afro vs indian trini type sentiment in the country.

Look at the racially driven rhetoric delivered by both Jack warner and the security minister recently. Their party losing votes by the hour.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 07:09:12 PM »

Agreed... in the classic sense "apathy" is a lack of concern, but what's the sense "caring" about something if yuh doh act on it... same khaki pants.  I ent take in de vid yet, she does irritate me too much and I write she off since dat last slapping incident.  But ah go check it out later when ah have some time.

She said a lot... not much to disagree with, reiterating much of what we've been saying here... SoE might rope in the low-level bandits but the dons and dem go walk free.  Some who saying they support SoE can't really articulate anything concrete it would achieve etc.

I liked her comments on investing... absolutely spot on, and one I didn't really think of myself. 

Didn't know that flights have been cancelled... including CAL cancelling all flights indefinitely... assuming it's correct.  God knows how much business (both the airline's and passengers') is being lost.  People in Trinidad (and some here) keep saying "who care about what people think about we"... yeah well from tourism to investment people will be worried about safety and stability.  From here on out this will be an addendum to our history... "[X number] years ago crime was so bad that a state of emergency had to be declared."  The average person, knowing that SoE is a drastic act, and one not usually declared for "crime"... will say to themselves... "wheyyyys dem had tuh be real outta control jed".  That is now our legacy... wear it well.

Some other points... but ah wasn't taking notes and none really resonate that much as to create in impression.

Meh friend in Philly still waiting on her kids to come from T&T. Missed a week and counting of school.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>