May 29, 2024, 01:48:10 AM

Author Topic: T&T born rugby brothers sign for French team.  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T born rugby brothers sign for French team.
« on: March 12, 2012, 05:09:19 AM »
T&T born rugby brothers sign for French team.
T&T Guardian Reports.

London Irish centre Guy Armitage, whose mother is a Trinidadian, has become the latest member of the family to sign for the rugby club Toulon after agreeing to a three-year deal with the Top 14 club. The 20-year-old will link up again with his elder brother Steffon, who has been in impressive form for Toulon, since moving from London Irish last summer.

Delon Armitage, the out-of-favour England full-back, is expected to follow the same route this summer and join his brothers in the south of France. Delon and Steffon were born in Fyzabad, South Trinidad, and are eligible to play for T&T.  All three are familiar with France after spending time living in Nice.

Guy Armitage represented England Under-20s at last year's Junior World Championship but he would qualify to play for France at the end of his new contract. “Leaving London Irish after six years has been a really tough decision,” said Armitage, who has spent time on loan with London Welsh and London Scottish this season.

“Moving to France for three years will be a huge challenge but one I feel I’m prepared to take on. “The opportunity to develop further with Bernard Laporte—alongside Jonny Wilkinson, Matt Giteau and Mathieu Bastareaud—is one I felt I couldn’t pass up.” Toulon currently has a strong English contingent on their books including Steffon Armitage, Simon Shaw and Wilkinson, with Andrew Sheridan joining next season.

Guy Armitage...mother is Trinidadian
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T born rugby brothers sign for French team.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:37:39 AM »
nice!

giggsy11

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 11:22:32 AM »
Checking out the rugby match on Foxplus.Rugby has to be one of those most brutal sports out there. Dem fellas and dem be hitting each other full force without mandatory helmets, pads or padding. No wonder most of dem end up with cabbage ears. Wonder what dey quality of life is like after their career is over or even during.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:36:57 AM by Giggsy11 »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 12:22:36 PM »
Tried that sport once. Clashed my head against someone else trying to get the ball. That was the end of me wanting to play rugby
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 12:41:29 PM »
Tried that sport once. Clashed my head against someone else trying to get the ball. That was the end of me wanting to play rugby

That is also one touchy feely sport boi. If yuh doh like people all over yuh, that is not the sport tuh play.

1]; } ?>