June 09, 2024, 12:03:24 PM

Author Topic: Watson: Tim Kee must apologise or I'll sue  (Read 1396 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Watson: Tim Kee must apologise or I'll sue
« on: May 21, 2013, 09:30:55 AM »
Watson: Tim Kee must retract 2006 W/Cup funds claim
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) president Raymond Tim Kee was toasted by the 2006 World Cup players yesterday afternoon as the two parties publicly signalled the end to a seven-year legal battle over bonus money.
But Tim Kee, who was appointed unopposed last November after the sudden withdrawal of opponent Colin Murray, appears less popular with the local football body. This morning, TTFF vice-president and former interim president Lennox Watson threatened legal action against Tim Kee unless he retracts a claim regarding CONCACAF funds used to pay the “Soca Warriors.”
TTFF general secretary Sheldon Phillips said the Warriors were paid from “unclaimed commercial and broadcast revenues” that was due to the local football body from the 2014 World Cup qualifying cycle. And Tim Kee insisted, at yesterday’s press conference, that Watson knew about the existence of the money but did not try to access it although the TTFF was virtually bankrupt last year.
“It is something that (CONCACAF president Jeffrey) Webb said he shared at a (Caribbean Football Union) conference that Mr Watson was at,” said Tim Kee, at the Hasely Crawford’s VIP room. “It is something that is new to me but not new to them.”
It provoked a furious response from Watson.

Read more...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:45:07 AM by Bakes »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Watson: Tim Kee must apologise or I'll sue
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 09:39:53 AM »
He not aware of how it is done these days? He need to send a pre action protocol letter.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 09:46:17 AM »
I'm not a legal mind but seems to me you can't sue a man for saying (and I paraphrase) "Webb told me he told Watson so Watson must have known". If I'm wrong, somebody tell me.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 09:47:17 AM »
These grown-ass people need to just get over it already...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 09:52:19 AM »
Trinidad is de new America now, everything is sue.

Watson did nothing when he was here and even though Tim Kee is a two face he still making some progress.

Ah wish he just stop being sneekie and be more straight forward.

He need to also go after Jack for some money to help the federation, FIFA will back him I am sure.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 11:44:23 AM »
This is jokey. I just got through saying in another thread that Watson needs to be fired without even reading this thread and now this. Tiny Tim, you say you are the leader then lead, damnit. Two man rat cannot live in the same hole. Somebody has to go. If it ain't you then it has to be Watson. Your TTFF has to project a high degree of harmony if not behind closed doors then at least in the eyes of the public. Yes, you can agree to disagree but at the end of the day, according to king rat, you and your administration must be on the same page. Capeche.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 08:43:42 AM »
All of these men like Watson and Camps acted like big shots when they were there and now they on the other side of the fence you hear they quelling like pigs.

That interview Tim Kee promised Flex, I feel oneday he too will regret it.

Dont let the position go to you head, today you can be somebody and tomorrow you are out flat.

1]; } ?>