June 15, 2024, 03:30:09 PM

Author Topic: Panama beats T&T to secure U-17 WC ticket.  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Panama beats T&T to secure U-17 WC ticket.
« on: April 14, 2013, 04:56:21 AM »
Panama beats T&T to secure U-17 WC ticket.
CONCACAF.COM.

In a riveting encounter at the Estadio Agustin "Muquita" Sanchez on Saturday, host Panama booked its place at the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup, posting a 4-2 CONCACAF Under-17 Championship quarterfinal victory over Trinidad & Tobago.

The result ensured that the Canaleros will meet Canada -- winners by the same score over Jamaica earlier in the day -- on Wednesday in the semifinals of the regional event.

It looked to be the Caribbean side's night, when Andre Fortune took advantage of a back-tracking Panamanian defense in the 19th minute to rocket a shot from 25-yards out into the upper right corner of the net.

The goal did nothing to diminish the speed of play, however, as both teams continued to motor up and down the field as if fatigue would not be a factor.

Panama netted a deserved equalizer 10 minutes before the break. Captain Jesus Araya latched on to a loose ball in the Trinidad box, turned a fired a shot that goalkeeper Johan Welch got his fingertips on, but could not prevent from finding the back of the net.

Read More

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:48:49 AM by Bakes »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Which Coach in his Right mind would Sub Brent Sam?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 05:46:22 AM »
We were under a lot of pressure ..but  o Gawd .. ! The turning point in the game was the removal of Brent Sam. He was the key, without him everything on the field had to be overhauled...all yuh crazy.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: Panama beat T&T to secure U-17 WC ticket.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 07:23:43 AM »
We were under a lot of pressure ..but  o Gawd .. ! The turning point in the game was the removal of Brent Sam. He was the key, without him everything on the field had to be overhauled...all yuh crazy.
What was Brent's role, and How did he discharge it?
Live large and prosper!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 08:11:13 AM »
What was Brent's role, and How did he discharge it?

Doc you at it again .... well doc its not the end of the world but i am just ticked and pissed .... twice in a row ...... ANTON NEEDS TO WALK
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:27:01 AM »
Once more we find ourselves mired in disappointment not so much by the result but by realizing that  we have the potential for success. Why do we not seem to learn from continuing and frustrating disappointments? We have a Td who have been around some of the best European coaches to grace our shores yet when we look at  how we execute our plays, you would think that there was little guidance.

How do we elevate our standard of play? we appear to have a laid back style and times while these Central American teams play with a resounding pace and tempo. No matter where the ball is they seem to swam and pressure the ball. Some credit to our team in that for a long time I have not witness a TNT team that attacked and attempted to keep pace.However, the consistency and the cohesiveness of  forwards-midfields and defense were not always clicking.

We are on a pathway to achieving success- maybe with effective direction and with coaches who could provide  tactical and strategic development our players maybe able to get to the next level.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 09:09:33 AM »
ab.trini you've  touched on some good points ,  after watching the game lastnight i would be lying if i said i did not feel disappointment for these youngmen  they undoubtedly fought, tried and competed inspite of all the shortcomings they faced leading up to the competition , anyone who overlooked these factors are not being fair to these youths ..... lets not demoralise these youths they need all the  encouragement and support now more than ever    ...

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 09:13:33 AM »
My gripe with most Caribbean teams is that we cannot play with a lead. We do the hard work , take the lead, then we seem unsure of how to approach the game from then on. Especially in pressure situations against good opposition. Look at Jamaica, and Trinidad in this u17 tournament for example. Our style does not allow us to buckle down, soak up pressure and counter effectively. we ALWAYS tend to panic.

We play much better when we are down and chasing the game. and this is from youth level right up to senior team. Its as if we expect to be down so when we are up, we stop concentrating until we are in our comfort position, down.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 09:54:30 AM »
Direct plea to the president of the ttff  Mr Richard Tim Kee!!!! ....    please for the good of all footballing matters i urge  you now or  as soon as possible to  take some honest, bold and productive steps to bring to fruition the realisation of a soccer academy, its an absolute must .at this stage... in order to present an environment for development of all our talents from youths to senior levels  please for goodness sake ..... do the obvious thing  its time to present your case proposals  to all including the goverment , its sport ministry and all cooperate entities ... it should no longer be  business as usual , the political gamesmanship must stop ...... by all included ..... let our conscience be our guide  ... its time . its time to act ... we are left  behind at a rapid rate ..... its time  to get our collective act together for the betterment  of the game nationally  Mr Tim Kee  we can do it and must do it now .....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 10:10:22 AM »
... it might be time for some "industrial action" ... unless we want to wait until after de Gold Cup and do one and done.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:16:08 AM by asylumseeker »

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 10:20:02 AM »
Brent was out of it!  Poor passing, losing possession, poor first touches, was not his night.

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 10:21:39 AM »
Direct plea to the president of the ttff  Mr Richard Tim Kee!!!! ....    please for the good of all footballing matters i urge  you now or  as soon as possible to  take some honest, bold and productive steps to bring to fruition the realisation of a soccer academy, its an absolute must .at this stage... in order to present an environment for development of all our talents from youths to senior levels  please for goodness sake ..... do the obvious thing  its time to present your case proposals  to all including the goverment , its sport ministry and all cooperate entities ... it should no longer be  business as usual , the political gamesmanship must stop ...... by all included ..... let our conscience be our guide  ... its time . its time to act ... we are left  behind at a rapid rate ..... its time  to get our collective act together for the betterment  of the game nationally  Mr Tim Kee  we can do it and must do it now .....

Steups, de man cyar find money to pay staff, player fees etc.

To me he working wonders getting the teams games against decent opposition.   The Ministry of Sport eh contributing nutten as per Jack warner's instructions...so far the biggest supporter has been the Min of Tourism.  Chew on that!

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Panama beats T&T to secure U-17 WC ticket.
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 11:30:44 AM »
Again its a plea to all collectively  involved the entire footballing fraternity , this is not singularly addressed to  mr richard tim kee , its all involved.!!!.  its a national dilemma we facing at the moment  fack it if anyone take offence personally then so be it .... the entire post must be read in its entirety its our young youths and their development we are  seeking redress for ...... all that is being ask  is to stay in the faces of the  government elected officials including that of the sport  ministry  , in order to get some tangible    results !!! is that too facking much to ask for..?????.... we  sure damn know who the culprits are for the state of things the way they are at the moment  ..   sure mr  richard tim kee has made it possible  to get some vital friendlies..to that end  i compliment his efforts without hesitance ....... however i'm sure hopefully so he is open to suggestions thats what its all about .

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 02:30:08 PM »
The yutes should be congratulated . They tried the best under the circumstances ,upsetting Costa Rica. The present structure and football fooling will take  us no where. Tim Kee is too weak to make correct decisions. You saw him on television last night. He looked pathetic. People shouldnot take jobs because of title  and privileges. you must have a vision if you are a leader and not controlled by cliques to maintain the status  quo!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T vs Panama Post Match Comments
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 03:27:12 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/N2Lq7XnXWqY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/N2Lq7XnXWqY</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 04:15:28 PM »
Let us put things into perspective and then draw a comparison, before the bitter criticism.

This Panama squad all attend the same school (30 players), from age 15. They train 5 days a week together & play on the weekend.
They have played 15 International games & possibly another 30+ games versus local semi & pro clubs, in the last year.

Now I ask you, quite frankly, what really are our expectations  ??? We buying canal cart & want it to run like Benz.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 06:08:30 PM »
NOW HOLD UP!!!!!! Why in the world is anyone...disappointed. We are way past the disappointed stage. We should be mad as hell. Not at the team, but the fact we keep planting peas and expect to get corn. Trinidad football is nowhere. At least no where good. We still hiring coaches who have no worthwhile experience, we have a Technical director who doesn't know his left foot from his right arm, a non existent or non functioning (take your pick) National football program, a non existent national football academy and new President who so far has demonstrated that he has no idea how to rebuild a completely shattered, worthless TTFF organization. DISAPPOINTED. Please. I'm shocked we can even put a team together these days.  >:(
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 06:08:42 PM »
Let us put things into perspective and then draw a comparison, before the bitter criticism.

This Panama squad all attend the same school (30 players), from age 15. They train 5 days a week together & play on the weekend.
They have played 15 International games & possibly another 30+ games versus local semi & pro clubs, in the last year.

Now I ask you, quite frankly, what really are our expectations  ??? We buying canal cart & want it to run like Benz.

Doh hurt dem too bad Observer
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 08:21:14 PM »
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=59398.msg848177#msg848177

if we get thru we play probably play panama. we could beat that side. unless bdos upset them we could end up playing ja, even better.

If Bdos upset Pan. they win there group and we finish sec to Can then we play Bdos and Can plays Jam.

thanks for the correction. bdos even more better  :beermug:

wow.......we never learn.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 08:34:28 PM »
Comment on Andre Fortune: classy goal.

Aside from the golazo element in its execution, what made that goal top drawer stuff was his intelligent use of space. With his first touch he played the ball away from 2 defenders into available space, then used the additional space ceded him by the retreating defenders to disguise his finish. He didn't hesitate and his intent was clear. This player deserves an inordinate amount of credit for creating a goal that should have defined what happened next.

The forward (I can't discern who it is at the moment, buh he deserves kudos) should also be credited for his movement because had the keeper parried Fortune's shot, we would have had a second chance on goal. Yuh cyah ask for more than when yuh see players instinctively do the appropriate thing.

Fortune is well-trained. He doesn't over-elaborate on the ball. In fact, if one compares his strike versus Costa Rica with his item versus Panama, one would see that he relied on the same insistence and mentality in deploying both finishes. Noteworthy for me: one goal was struck with his left; the other with his right. Excellent. (And although Costa Rica's defensive posture was horrible, Fortune turned nothing into something by RECOGNIZING the moment). He did the same in the strike versus Panama. The lack of recognition is the undoing of many players.

The other thing I like about him was his interview with Fuentes. I liked how he handled himself. Very composed, very direct, very self-assured. This young man has a future in Trinidad & Tobago football and we should harness it. I like players who lead by word and deed.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 09:52:24 PM »
Comment on Andre Fortune: classy goal.

Aside from the golazo element in its execution, what made that goal top drawer stuff was his intelligent use of space. With his first touch he played the ball away from 2 defenders into available space, then used the additional space ceded him by the retreating defenders to disguise his finish. He didn't hesitate and his intent was clear. This player deserves an inordinate amount of credit for creating a goal that should have defined what happened next.

The forward (I can't discern who it is at the moment, buh he deserves kudos) should also be credited for his movement because had the keeper parried Fortune's shot, we would have had a second chance on goal. Yuh cyah ask for more than when yuh see players instinctively do the appropriate thing.

Fortune is well-trained. He doesn't over-elaborate on the ball. In fact, if one compares his strike versus Costa Rica with his item versus Panama, one would see that he relied on the same insistence and mentality in deploying both finishes. Noteworthy for me: one goal was struck with his left; the other with his right. Excellent. (And although Costa Rica's defensive posture was horrible, Fortune turned nothing into something by RECOGNIZING the moment). He did the same in the strike versus Panama. The lack of recognition is the undoing of many players.

The other thing I like about him was his interview with Fuentes. I liked how he handled himself. Very composed, very direct, very self-assured. This young man has a future in Trinidad & Tobago football and we should harness it. I like players who lead by word and deed.

:beermug: :beermug:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 05:47:23 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7UOVj70I9V8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7UOVj70I9V8</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>