May 23, 2024, 07:51:09 AM

Author Topic: TTFA wants Gold Cup money pledged by Govt.  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFA wants Gold Cup money pledged by Govt.
« on: June 08, 2015, 07:19:17 AM »
TTFA wants Gold Cup money pledged by Govt
T&T Express Reports.

Promises, promises

THE Football Association has declared that money which Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar committed to fund Trinidad and Tobago's participation in the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup, has amounted to just promises thus far.

But, Sport Minister Brent Sancho counters that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) had already used up 90 percent of a $9 million Cabinet note, which the Prime Minister and then acting Sport Minister Rupert Griffith promised last November to assist football up to the Gold Cup.

The Prime Minister's gesture came in November, to avert a player boycott over unpaid wages at the 2014 Caribbean final in Montego Bay, where Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors finished runner-up at the 2014 Caribbean Cup, a qualifier for the Gold Cup. As was widely reported, the Prime Minister hosted the team on its return, and also promised to avert any such recurrence at the Gold Cup.

TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee still insist that those promises made to the Soca Warriors should be kept, despite a cordial meeting this week with new Minister of Sport Brent Sancho.

“We are insisting that the promises that was made by the Prime Minister to the senior national team be upheld and maintained and acknowledge. He (Sancho) is going to see how best he could work with us,” Tim Kee, said in responses to question at a press briefing.

“We had a meeting which was quite instructive because they (Ministry of Sport) did indicate the kind of strain (they face), as a result of the fall in oil prices and how it affects the exchequer,” Tim Kee continued,

“(Apparently) Money that has been allocated is just an allocation. It is not cash in the bank.”

Meanwhile, Sport Minister Sancho is insisting that the TTFA had gotten most of what was promised, but he does not rule out the possibility of giving them some further help. The Ministry of Sport, is the largest financial contributor to the TTFA and football in T&T. Sancho also acknowledge that promises were made.

“There was a cabinet note for $9 million dollars,” Sancho admitted. “Ninety percent of it has already been used up. The Cabinet note was specific for salaries, arrears of salaries, and a range of specific things that related to the Cabinet note. They have used up the majority of it. Moving forward, they will have to decide how they will move things forward.”

Both parties also differ on whether the TTFA had met Sancho's criteria of providing audited accounts before further funds are released for football. Tim Kee insists that the TTFA had done so within the time-frame set to provide audited accounts, while Sancho says it was not completed.

“The next due date for the delivery of that draft (audit) is in a week or so time, but we have lived up to every bit of the stipulation he has made for us to get the ears of the Minister,” Tim Kee said.

Sancho countered: “They (TTFA) haven't met the stipulations. They are still a way off. We have got accounts from them. We have gotten accounts for certain years and we have gotten income and expenditure for other years.”

“They have expressed to me that they have had challenges that they have had to deal with including parallel accounts. They have had to deal with what they describe as things which are not normal practice as it relates to accounts,” Sancho said.

“So, they have asked for the assistance of the Ministry to help them get the access to some of the things they can't get access to.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: TTFA wants Gold Cup money pledged by Govt.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 08:02:49 AM »
neither can be trusted imo...

kevin, where is my interview with sancho??? why is he afraid to address the football fraternity?? unless he feels he doesn't need to answer to anyone...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 10:32:18 AM »
I find Sancho acting like a real f00cking imps here.

The note was passed already Sancho, stop yuh shit man.

De TTFA came through with the audit what else yuh want?

Jack Warner thief yuh money, go f00ck with him.

Kevin, yuh better advise your boy, he acting real childish.

On de flip side, ah still doh like Tim Kee, ah hope after de gold cup, things change, but for now, Sancho handle them fellas nah, so Tim Kee doh expect Kenwyne Jones to pay de bills.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 03:17:27 PM »
Sancho trying to squeeze tim kee balls o wah

I getting d vibes is a pointing finger he say she say kinda thing....TIM KEE...d money ppl control things
..so hush yuh peng and do what u need to...Sancho on d other hand..you eh Mr. High n might...you are there to move the country sport fwd... Yes ttfa EFF up...but take d politics out nah... What...is d gold cup....not a favor anybody looking for.

When we players take the field...they are ambassadors for the country...just like u were/as

Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 06:09:48 AM »
Sancho trying to squeeze tim kee balls o wah

I getting d vibes is a pointing finger he say she say kinda thing....TIM KEE...d money ppl control things
..so hush yuh peng and do what u need to...Sancho on d other hand..you eh Mr. High n might...you are there to move the country sport fwd... Yes ttfa EFF up...but take d politics out nah... What...is d gold cup....not a favor anybody looking for.

When we players take the field...they are ambassadors for the country...just like u were/as

Sancho is no patriot jus another balls less stooge..........steups
I pity the fool....

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 06:20:15 AM »
Sancho really surprise me.

I was expecting more from him.

The team needs this not the TTFA, the team needs help.

Put the team first Sncho, they already in the gold cup.

What a piece of shit Sancho turned out to be, can't wait for election.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 08:53:59 AM »

So, Mr Tim-Kee makes a statement and you automatically assume it's true? But Sancho makes a statement and he's shit?

Meanwhile, Sport Minister Sancho is insisting that the TTFA had gotten most of what was promised, but he does not rule out the possibility of giving them some further help. The Ministry of Sport, is the largest financial contributor to the TTFA and football in T&T. Sancho also acknowledge that promises were made.

“There was a cabinet note for $9 million dollars,” Sancho admitted. “Ninety percent of it has already been used up. The Cabinet note was specific for salaries, arrears of salaries, and a range of specific things that related to the Cabinet note. They have used up the majority of it. Moving forward, they will have to decide how they will move things forward.”

What about this is unclear? TTFA submit a request to govt, the request is met, yet somehow the govt is wrong?

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 09:05:46 AM »

So, Mr Tim-Kee makes a statement and you automatically assume it's true? But Sancho makes a statement and he's shit?

What about this is unclear? TTFA submit a request to govt, the request is met, yet somehow the govt is wrong?

So you are telling me that the government gave the TTFA $8 million of the 9 and Tim Kee is lying?

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:26:53 AM by Errol »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 09:10:53 AM »
So you are telling me that the government gave the TTFA $8 million of the 9 and Tim Kee is lying?

Again....

Maybe Tim-Kee has forgotten what he requested from cabinet? But each line item in the note has been or will be satisfied as promised.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 09:26:21 AM »

Again....

Maybe Tim-Kee has forgotten what he requested from cabinet? But each line item in the note has been or will be satisfied as promised.

Well Tim Kee is a bold face lyer.

Thanks for clearing this up FS and my apologise to Sancho.

They used up almost 9 million dollars already and Tim Kee is making a PUBLIC statement about promises thus far !!!

These people have no shame boy.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 09:32:22 AM »

Again....

Well Tim Kee is a bold face lyer.

Thanks for clearing this up FS and my apologise to Sancho.

They used up almost 9 million dollars already and Tim Kee is making a PUBLIC statement about promises thus far !!!

These people have no shame boy.

I was shocked by the statement. As Tim-Kee stated, our meetings have been very cordial. He also stated on a radio show last week that gov't (not sure which one) had paid TTFF/TTFA money directly to Warner. I have never seen any evidence of this. But it makes no sense to make these statements about your main sponsor.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 11:35:34 AM »

What request was met? Specifically what request did Sancho meet... since it was Griffith who met the request?  And if the money was promised to the TTFA specifically to take care of "salaries, arrears of salaries, and a range of specific things that related to the Cabinet note," why is it being used to pay for the WPL?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 12:17:31 PM »

What request was met? Specifically what request did Sancho meet... since it was Griffith who met the request?  And if the money was promised to the TTFA specifically to take care of "salaries, arrears of salaries, and a range of specific things that related to the Cabinet note," why is it being used to pay for the WPL?

Bakes, I know you have your axe to grind, but as I have asked before...stick to the truth and don't peddle lies. Again, I apologise if you are being fed untruths, but if you're not sure then ask, don't state.

Not one dollar of the cabinet note has gone towards WPL. WPL has its own cabinet note. This is a lie plain and simple. I'm not sure what you're trying to say about the request. Yes Griffith got the cabinet note approved and now Sancho has to administer it. Isn't that obvious?
Every specific line item has been met by the Ministry.

There is no story here except that Tim-Kee has gone political.

1]; } ?>