June 16, 2024, 06:54:23 AM

Author Topic: Collin Samuel Thread  (Read 7043 times)

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Collin Samuel.
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2009, 11:28:23 PM »
he is the best left sided player that have seen in ages.

How do you rate him compared to local lefties such as Jerron Nixon, Leonson Lewis, Evans Wise, Warren Archibald, Milton Seeberan (late), Lance Moore et al?

Wise is by far de best we ever produce...

i doubt wise is the best we ever produce but only saw him after he hit 30's and he was not special at all especially in the World Cup, but am a big fan of Samuel he has two great foot on any given day he has outburst scoring goals he is just so inconsistent but compare to the players listed i think he is the best and he is playing with much higher competition compared to the local players. By the way Evan still playing ball what team?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2009, 03:14:33 AM »

How do you rate him compared to local lefties such as Jerron Nixon, Leonson Lewis, Evans Wise, Warren Archibald, Milton Seeberan (late), Lance Moore et al?
Football has changed and it is difficult to rate him with those players you have named,I have seen more of Samuel than those you have named but friends have told me about them,my close Trini mate told me that Leonson Lewis was the best in his view,he also rated Archiebald.I only saw bits of Wise and what I saw was
great,why has he not played more for TT.I cant make a judgement on players I havent seen but from what I have heard and read,Lewis,Nixon,Wise in that order consider too,the changing times of football.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2009, 05:53:01 AM »

i doubt wise is the best we ever produce but only saw him after he hit 30's and he was not special at all especially in the World Cup, but am a big fan of Samuel he has two great foot on any given day he has outburst scoring goals he is just so inconsistent but compare to the players listed i think he is the best and he is playing with much higher competition compared to the local players. By the way Evan still playing ball what team?

and arrow claims another victim...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2009, 06:38:42 AM »

yeah boy it was a master stroke doh,........ like ah airy fart when u realise it too late ;D
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2009, 06:44:45 AM »

Yep  :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: St Johnstone is hoping Collin Samuel gets a Trinidad call up.
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2009, 06:45:26 AM »
Another one caught  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: St Johnstone is hoping Collin Samuel gets a Trinidad call up.
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2009, 07:16:41 AM »
allyuh only making it harder for the man tuh ketch people........why allyuh like tuh sell him out so....lol

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New deal—then flight home—for Collin Samuel
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2010, 06:25:26 PM »
New deal—then flight home—for Collin Samuel
The Courier

ST JOHNSTONE striker Collin Samuel yesterday signed a new one-year contract with the Perth club before catching a flight to his homeland for the close season, writes Eric Nicolson.

A couple of months in Trinidad would be most people’s idea of a fine way to spend the summer.

However for Samuel his stay in his native Caribbean will be as much about recuperation as relaxation.

Saints fans did not see the best of the former Falkirk and Dundee United man in the second half of the season, and he puts that down to the knee operation underwent in December.

It was a stop-start campaign thereafter and he never regained the form he showed in the early stages.

Samuel puts that down to the after-effects of the operation, which he hopes will be put behind him by the time he returns to Scotland for pre-season training.

“I’d had a hamstring problem in the past but it has been fine this season” he said.

“The operation I had in December on cartilage in my knee has given me more problems.

“I’m going back to Trinidad but it won’t be a holiday.

“I’ll be doing strength work on my knee.

“I don’t have the same power in it that I had before the operation and I want that back for next season.

“I will go to my former club in Trinidad and do my rehab there.”

There was no arm-twisting needed by Saints boss Derek McInnes to persuade Samuel to sign a new deal.

He continued, “There has been interest in me from England but I’m happy to stay here and hopefully get more goals.”

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New deal—then flight home—for Collin Samuel
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2010, 08:07:32 PM »
He comin 2 vote
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

AirMan

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2010, 10:26:48 PM »
He comin 2 vote

:D man must be fed up with the lackaray in T&T

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2010, 11:09:34 PM »
I've been one of his harsher critics in the past... especially with his fitness issues and after his flame-out in Toronto.  But all that said, I'm happy fuh pardna... come home, rehab yuh knee (sap it wid some ah dat Mayaro salt water  ;D), get rested... get fit... and get ready fuh August.  :beermug:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2010, 10:44:39 PM »
one of the few Warriors who hasn't regressed since the World Cup it seems.

Hope he recovers properly from the injury and comes back roaring to stake a claim with the NT.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2010, 06:53:52 AM »
play yuh fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2010, 07:47:07 AM »
He comin 2 vote

He want to stick it to Jack  :beermug:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2010, 07:24:04 AM »

He continued, “There has been interest in me from England but I’m happy to stay here and hopefully get more goals.”

It would be interesting to find out who in particular
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2010, 09:43:31 AM »

It would be interesting to find out who in particular

Ah wonder if he talking about now or long time when he was tearing it up at Falkirk.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2010, 03:30:37 PM »
Go Sammy.
Quality player with 2 deadly feet. Somewhat under-recognized for his talents by the T&T public. If it weren't for socawarriors.net, it would have been much much much worse. Respec'  :beermug:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Collin Samuel Thread
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2016, 03:53:58 PM »
Collin Samuel joins N/E Stars roster.
ttproleague.com.

Former Trinidad and Tobago international and Europe-based attacker Collin Samuel has joined the roster of North East Stars, where he will serve as player/coach.

The 34-year-old 2006 World Cup player recently joined the Sangre Grande club as assistant coach to Ross Russell, who took charge in December.

But Russell believes the former Dundee United attacker, who also had stints with other Scottish clubs Falkirk, St Johnstone, Arbroath, East Fife and Sauchie, has a lot more to offer.

“It’s just for him to get back his habit [on the field of play],” said Russell, a two-time Pro League winning coach at Defence Force.

“So far he (Samuel) is doing well in training and he is quite excited to return to playing.

“But one thing that’s certain, he has a lot of experience to share with the players around him. He had already started doing it as assistant coach and being on the field of play can be another plus.”

Samuel, who had a brief stint with Guaya United in the Super League in 2015, last competed professionally in Trinidad in 2002 with San Juan Jabloteh—the club he served for just under two seasons—before moving to Falkirk for the start of his international adventure which included stints at Toronto FC and England’s Luton Town.

Russell, who plans to bolster his squad during the mid-season transfer window (January 29-February 26), explained, “We definitely have the quality [in players] but we lack numbers and the right attitude. What we have been trying to work on, is the discipline to work hard all the time.”

North East Stars are winless in their last four Digicel Pro League games, including a 7-0 drubbing by W Connection in their last outing.

Russell’s side sits fifth on the standings with 22 points and will welcome leaders Defence Force (32 points) from 3:30 p.m. on Sunday at the Larry Gomes Stadium.

However the league resumption, following the Carnival break, kicks off on Friday with a double-header at the Ato Boldon Stadium when Police FC face Club Sando from 6 p.m. and fourth-placed San Juan Jabloteh tackle third-placed W Connection from 8 p.m. at the Couva venue.

Other weekend match-ups includes Point Fortin Civic hosting St. Ann’s Rangers from 5 p.m. at the Mahaica Oval on Saturday, and Morvant Caledonia United visiting defending league champions Central FC from 4 p.m. at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Sunday.

A win for W Connection on Friday will see coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier’s side go level with Defence Force at the top of the regular league standings, prior to the Army/Coast Guard combination’s face-off with North East Stars on Sunday.

Connection are unbeaten in their last 6 games with five wins and one draw, leading the way for the Round Two Akeem Adams Trophy with 16 points—two points ahead of rivals Central FC and four clear of  Defence Force.

W Connection wants to extend league form into Concacaf Champions League qualifying

“The aim is to continue our good run,” W Connection assistant coach Earl Jean said this week. “We have to keep focus. We have the Caribbean Club Championship coming up also, and we want to do well and qualify for the Concacaf Champions League again.

“This period is very crucial for us and it’s also important to bring in one or two players in the transfer window to give the extra push.”

Central FC and W Connection, last season’s Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Club champions and runners-up, respectively, will tackle Caribbean rivals later this month (February 24-28) in the preliminary round of the 2016 edition.

Central must travel to Jamaica in Group Three where they meet host club and last season’s third place finishers, Montego Bay United, and Scholars International SC (Cayman Islands) at the Montego Bay Sports Complex, Montego Bay.

While fellow Pro League outfit and multiple-time former Caribbean champions, W Connection, will host Group One in Trinidad at the Ato Boldon Stadium where they will welcome Club Sportif Moulien (Guadeloupe), Inter Moengotapoe (Suriname) and Atletico San Cristobal (Dominican Republic).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>