June 08, 2024, 06:33:40 PM

Author Topic: A 1:1 home draw is not as bad as you think. CHECK THIS.  (Read 4147 times)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
A 1:1 home draw is not as bad as you think. CHECK THIS.
« on: November 13, 2005, 06:22:34 PM »
Bahrain only scored ONE GOAL.

Any time we score in the second game whether it is minute 1 or minute 89 we in a good position because we match their away goals tally and we still have minutes to get more. They play their 90 and only get one. Who can say how much we will get?

Back in 1999 United drew 1:1 at home with Juventus (Davids, Zidane, Inzaghi, Del Piero, the full squad). Circumstances was similar. United was trailing whole game and Giigs come up with a 90th minute laser out of the blue.\

When United went to Italy they give up a goal in the 2nd minute in true Trini style.

But check this....

That goal really didn't change anything because United still needed to score ONE GOAL to get back in the tie, which was the original goal.

They then give up a second goal after 10 minutes, but check this...

that goal was even less significant because if they wanted to win the tie they still need to score the same two goals.

Once they could stop letting in goals they would be good. As soon as they scored the first goal after 30 minutes Juventus was in trouble because ONE GOAL was all United needed.

When they scored the second (Yorke I believe) United was in charge because the more they score the more Juventus in trouble. Even if Juve scored again ONE MORE GOAL would have been enough for United. By the time United scored the third the game was well and truly over.

The lesson here is....

If we give up a goal WE CANNOT PANIC because it doesn't change much as long as we continue to play good ball and dedicate to scoring.

This Bahrain side does not have many goals in them. If they score more than one goal against us and we can't match them then we need serious help.

It is really important that the players and fans DO NOT PANIC even if we 2-0 down with 5 minutes to go we are still in the tie, still just minutes away from the WC.

We just need to take it ONE GOAL at a time.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: A 1:1 home draw is not as bad as you think. CHECK THIS.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 06:40:08 PM »
boy once we scoring we in it..unless we behind at the final whistle
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 06:45:43 PM »
JDB I know yuh trying to explain the away goal rule eh but yuh last line bafling me

It is really important that the players and fans DO NOT PANIC even if we 2-0 down with 5 minutes to go we are still in the tie, still just minutes away from the WC

Breds we LORSE If we two nil down with 5 min to go

Even if we score one goal we LORSE 2-1. and Bahrain go tru.

The away goals rule is a tie breaker in case the games end up as draws and the two sides level after the 180 min its not no aggreagate ting.

Only a 2-2 tie gettin we in.

We not going and blitz Bahrain with no kinda goals cause Bahrain playing bunker ball.

We going across there and scrap a 1-0.

Once we score the pressure is off.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »
I think people are looking at the away goals rule prematurely. A home and away series is primarily about aggregate....not away goals....... The away goals rule only applies if we are tied on aggregate.

Talking about away goals at this point is like assuming that we're going to tie. The key to going into this game is to treat it like a game that we have to win. because the bottom line is we can't lose, and we can't tie 0-0.........

If we go a goal down, then we could switch our focus to tying the match, because a 1-1 tie will take us to extra-time/pk's......and a scoring tie higher than 1-1 puts us through....but we need not think about that at this point. That sorta thinking is what causes teams to lose.

It is really important that the players and fans DO NOT PANIC even if we 2-0 down with 5 minutes to go we are still in the tie, still just minutes away from the WC.

Don't really agree with that. 2-0 down with 5 mins to go means that we need two goals in 5 mins, and that's no easy task......especially against a defensive minded, gamesman like outfit like Bahrain........Should we panic ? maybe not, but to say that we're minutes away from the WC is a far stretch.........
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 06:48:39 PM »

when we score one..yeah the pressure is off..but is best we try and go for the killer 2nd...right?

also it better for we to play tactics for a 'score' draw rather than go there trying to get a 0-0.
Feliz

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 06:53:38 PM »
JDB I know yuh trying to explain the away goal rule eh but yuh last line bafling me

It is really important that the players and fans DO NOT PANIC even if we 2-0 down with 5 minutes to go we are still in the tie, still just minutes away from the WC

Breds we LORSE If we two nil down with 5 min to go

Even if we score one goal we LORSE 2-1. and Bahrain go tru.

The away goals rule is a tie breaker in case the games end up as draws and the two sides level after the 180 min its not no aggreagate ting.

Only a 2-2 tie gettin we in.

We not going and blitz Bahrain with no kinda goals cause Bahrain playing bunker ball.

You miss my point completely or maybe I wasn't clear enough.

Obviously if we're 2 goals down we need to get 2 goals but my point is how many times have you seen a side get two late goals?

If we are 2 goals down and we feel that the situation is worse than it really is, is then we LORSE for sure.

We cannot get down if we concede goals, as long as we are scoring goals and/or creating chances we will be in a good position to win the tie.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 06:54:10 PM »

also it better for we to play tactics for a 'score' draw rather than go there trying to get a 0-0.

It's obvious that we won't go there trying for a 0-0 tie. A 0-0 will put us out. We need to win the game or tie higher than 1-1 to advance.

Bottom line is we have to score.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 06:55:57 PM »
Don't really agree with that. 2-0 down with 5 mins to go means that we need two goals in 5 mins, and that's no easy task......especially against a defensive minded, gamesman like outfit like Bahrain........Should we panic ? maybe not, but to say that we're minutes away from the WC is a far stretch.........

Simply a different way of looking at it. In my mind the only way to look at that situation is that the WC is still in reach.

Anything else is defeatism, it is not about easy task or hard task but simply the task put in front of you.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 06:58:24 PM »
Kicker..ah guess ah was trying to say im glad the game end up 1-1 and not like we win 1-0..cause our mentality and tactics woulda been to our detriment to go play for a 0-0...yuh understand that?..or ah have to explain better lol?
Feliz

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2005, 06:59:46 PM »

You miss my point completely or maybe I wasn't clear enough.

Obviously if we're 2 goals down we need to get 2 goals but my point is how many times have you seen a side get two late goals?

If we are 2 goals down and we feel that the situation is worse than it really is, is then we LORSE for sure.

We cannot get down if we concede goals, as long as we are scoring goals and/or creating chances we will be in a good position to win the tie.

2-0 down with 5 mins left to go on the road ent no good position........but I know what you're trying to say....If we concede a goal(s), we only need to be concerned with tying........

Simply a different way of looking at it. In my mind the only way to look at that situation is that the WC is still in reach.

Anything else is defeatism, it is not about easy task or hard task but simply the task put in front of you.

Yeah well personally I always optimistic til the final whistle, despite that, if we are 2-0 down with 5 mins left, I eh go lie, bamsee will be twitchin'....

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 07:04:58 PM »

Yeah well personally I always optimistic til the final whistle, despite that, if we are 2-0 down with 5 mins left, I eh go lie, bamsee will be twitchin'....

You will twitch and the fan who doesn't know football will cuss the team and turn off the TV.

My point is that even if we give up goals the WC is still on.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 07:11:45 PM »
That 1 all draw was the 4th worse thing that could have happened with the worst probable thing being a 5 all draw. It now means that we must score in Manama and cannot lose. If we had drawn at 0, it would have been much better since we would be carrying no baggage from the last match. The only baggage i would have liked for us to carry was positive baggage like a 3 nil win.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2005, 07:13:49 PM »
the worst thing would be ah 5 all draw :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2005, 07:31:24 PM »
That 1 all draw was the 4th worse thing that could have happened with the worst probable thing being a 5 all draw.

Actually a loss would have been a worse result.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2005, 07:35:00 PM »
Kicker..ah guess ah was trying to say im glad the game end up 1-1 and not like we win 1-0..cause our mentality and tactics woulda been to our detriment to go play for a 0-0...yuh understand that?..or ah have to explain better lol?

I see what you say, but I cyah agree. If we were 1-0 up yesterday, I wouldn't be hoping for Bahrain to equalize so that our mentality would change for the return leg............a win is better than a tie anyday in my opinion..........regardless of mentality or tactics :beermug:

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2005, 07:40:03 PM »
what ya talkin about, to be 2-0 down with 5 mins would be a nightmare, what your saying about being defeatus is tru but u can say the same if we are 4-0 at half time. has nuttin to do with dat, u 2-0 down against a team dat only defends and is hell bent on defending to get to the world cup i dont think u will score 2 in 5 mins, this aint no guatemala. we must score a goal in the first half and settle down. even 1-1 in manama at half time would be good because bahrain will have all the presure on them because a goal from us and they are out.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2005, 07:52:37 PM »

I see what you say, but I cyah agree. If we were 1-0 up yesterday, I wouldn't be hoping for Bahrain to equalize so that our mentality would change for the return leg............a win is better than a tie anyday in my opinion..........regardless of mentality or tactics :beermug:

yeah Kicker of course i woulda like any kinda win..but them fellas is scare me when they know is 'just' a draw they need lol..ah just want to avoid the heartache lol
Feliz

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2005, 07:56:55 PM »

yeah Kicker of course i woulda like any kinda win..but them fellas is scare me when they know is 'just' a draw they need lol..ah just want to avoid the heartache lol

Meh boy Trini football and heartache is synonyms..........we just can't escape it.....

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005, 08:22:15 PM »

I agree with wha yuh saying in ah way.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 08:22:49 PM »
That 1 all draw was the 4th worse thing that could have happened with the worst probable thing being a 5 all draw.

Actually a loss would have been a worse result.

Yes the loss would have been the worst so the 5 all draw would actually be the 7th worst thing, it would be like this only checking up to what Bahrain could have done to us with the worst thing being first. 1 nil loss, 1 all draw, nil nil draw, 1 all draw, 2 all draw and so on....

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 08:23:30 PM »
3 points is what I want not aggregrate, no draw only a win will assure us of a place in Germany

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 08:26:32 PM »
3 points is what I want not aggregrate, no draw only a win will assure us of a place in Germany

There are no points here, it's win, lose or draw. We need a win or a high scoring draw and judging from November 89, i say forget that draw shit, we need a WIN.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2005, 09:22:11 PM »

Meh boy Trini football and heartache is synonyms..........we just can't escape it.....

ain't that the truth

Més que un club.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 08:32:21 AM »
Fellas i dunno why we tinkin about drawing
we gonna BLOW OUT DAT SIDE!
that side is mess dred
dem men cyah trap and cyah pass.
once dem men watch d video and realize dat iz all over
only whitley realize that them men worse than our pro league men, and thus decided to rip them
Daz y beenie upset, he know they are shit
our boys like to play with our backs to the wall
dis is a team of destiny, watch it
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2005, 08:42:45 AM »
No team has an advantage at this stage.

As JDB say even if Bahrain up 2-0 they cannot sleep cause at 2-1 they go get real nervous.

At 3-0 they may be a bit comfortable

AT 0-0 TnT will be nervous expecially if it drag on but we will press them hard for a goal.

No way no how that game could end 0-0

casue Bahrain facing it defensively first and we coming out to score.

I cannot see them keeping we out for 90 mins

I praying for an early goal to settle my nerves

We coming out and playing the same way under bennie with Stern alone up front and taking things normal normal and hoping to score.

It is up to Latapy to create the Magic.

Come on latas lets get it done

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2005, 08:50:38 AM »

As JDB say even if Bahrain up 2-0 they cannot sleep cause at 2-1 they go get real nervous.

AT 0-0 TnT will be nervous expecially if it drag on but we will press them hard for a goal.

We coming out and playing the same way under bennie with Stern alone up front and taking things normal normal and hoping to score.

Not only LATAS.. EVERYONE....

But all of us here are resolved in our faith in the TEAM.. WE WILL CARRY ON.. WE NOT GIVING UP.. WE GOING GERMANY

GO WARRRIORS!!!!!!!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2005, 09:20:53 AM »
 We have to score goals....Go T&T

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2005, 09:35:10 AM »
at this point we could really go at them all out early.  They not looking to go forward. play 3 defenders and attack them,get the 1st goal. then we pull it back a bit and tighten up, . and we might even catch them  on a breakaway.
But 1-1 away turf golden goal,  not an ideal scenario.  TT we still ok.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2005, 09:46:03 AM »
I say Leo play a 3 - 5 - 2 or 3 - 4 - 3 from the start to get 2 early goals then he could switch to a 5 - 3 - 2 or 5-3-1-1 with 2 wing men being defensive midfielders to support the 2 wing backs.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2005, 10:29:32 AM »

You are wrong in saying that no team has an advantage because Bahrain has the advantage because of 2 things, Trinidad has to score and score early, a nil nil draw and e're out, any loss and we're out so the onus is on T&T to score and score early to take back the advantage and ease the pressure.

1]; } ?>