May 28, 2024, 02:40:15 PM

Author Topic: Aurtis Whitley linked to Luton Town.  (Read 8869 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Aurtis Whitley linked to Luton Town.
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2005, 09:13:28 AM »

Can his stock go that far down?  It all depends on the kind of person that you are: how risk averse are you?

I would say hold out for the seven months, train like a beast and play every WC game like your future livelihood depends on it.  Another person would say, look take what you have in hand right now and sign with Luton.

Like I said, if he thinks better opportunities will come his way (not risk-averse as you put it), I can respect that.....it's his life.....but this is not about him going off and rushing to sign with Luton, this is about him accepting an offer for a TRIAL.......there is no harm in that.....

For him to hold out/negotiate the timing of a contract (should it get there) because he's not risk averse.....fine

But to turn down a TRIAL on the basis of "If Luton likes me they will have to wait"..........is stupid......risk averse or not.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2005, 09:18:27 AM »
I tort de President was on de plane wit dem fellas
Nah, he wasn't....yuh doh kno all d geuss an dem ere,rite

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2005, 09:24:33 AM »
Ah want to ask a honest question,you feel that Luton training hard than Jabloteh training :waiting:? and if so please stat why ........ah boy :bs:

::)
I seriously doubt that any PFL side could be competitive in the Football Conference much less the Championship.

I'm not questioning the talent of Trini players but the preparation methods of the football clubs.  For example the days of running laps for fitness are long gone.  Now it's a combination of swimming, aerobics and gymwork.  There's a lot more science involved these days.

You really can't compare Jabloteh to a club like Luton.

Autis could only benefit from training in such an environment.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2005, 09:40:25 AM »
He doesn't have to limit himself to a trail at Luton exclusively if he goes across.  His agent should organize to go visit other clubs for the same trip across there.  That is what a couple of our other players did before.

After completing ALL the trials return to T&T and then maybe consider any options offered.

On another note...I don't think Luton is a small time club....seldom do our players jump straight into the Premiership anyway.
If he really that good he will perform at Luton and a bigger club will pay a transfer fee for him so he will not lose out on any big payday(u hadda agree to the transfer ent so maybe getting paid more is part of the transfer??).
He also has to adapt to the style of football so holding out for a Premiership squad rather than getting playing time in the UK may not be in his best interest.

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2005, 10:05:47 AM »
You still eh answer my question,you refered to preparation what I am getting at is Trinis sometimes have a seriously  complex,Kenwyn Jones Connection,Sancho and Jack Jabloteh all went to bigger clubs and their physical fitness and condition  was never in doubt,boss say the competion of the Championship,the quality of players would be better but dont assume that Jabloteh dont know how or dont have the know how to prepare their players.S I want to ask something When D.Brown ran 10.01 as a nineteen year old who prepared him and where.
tell them it was me

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2005, 10:18:10 AM »
boy go and sign de blasted contract just in case beenie doh pick yuh next year then what happen >:(
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2005, 10:21:03 AM »
IT IS A GOOD OPPURTUNITY FOR ANYBODY THIS ROUNDS TO BE ABLE TO HAVE A CHANCE FOR A TRIAL AT A CLUB LIKE LUTON. OTIS IS AH MAN KNOW HARD LIFE SO HE IN CHUPID. HE GO LOOK FUH AH LIL HUSTLE RIGHT NOW BEFORE THE WORLD CUP AS IT MAKES SENSE TO GET IN TO A TEAM THAT:

1.WILL PUT HIM IN THE SPOTLIGHT.
2.PROBABLY OFFER HIM BETTER WAGES.
3.GIVE HIM THE CHANCE TO PLAY COMPETITIVE FOOTBALL UNTIL THE WORLD CUP.

NOW DOH FUHGET OTHER PEOPLE LOOKING FUH DEY CUT OUT AH IT.

THESE ARE HIS CURRENT CLUB AND HIS AGENT SO DEY WILL HAVE AH BIG INFLUENCE ON HIS FINAL DECISION.
IT WILL BE NICE FUH HIM TO LINK UP WID CARLOS AND IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE DE  INFLUENCE OF TWO WARRIOR WINGERS PLAYING IN DE SAME SIDE. ANYWAY MIKE NEWELL KNOWS BIG PLAYERS SO TRUST MEH HE GO BUY HIM.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2005, 10:24:31 AM »
He should def. explore the options at Luton, but he is capable of landing a contract w/an even more reputable club...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2005, 10:32:04 AM »
You still eh answer my question,you refered to preparation what I am getting at is Trinis sometimes have a seriously complex,Kenwyn Jones Connection,Sancho and Jack Jabloteh all went to bigger clubs and their physical fitness and condition was never in doubt,boss say the competion of the Championship,the quality of players would be better but dont assume that Jabloteh dont know how or dont have the know how to prepare their players.S I want to ask something When D.Brown ran 10.01 as a nineteen year old who prepared him and where.

First, based on league standings Luton is as good a club as Southampton, a better club than Gillingham and I would argue that they are better than Dundee as well.

Did Sancho or Jones join their respective clubs during mid season (directly from PFL) and immediately get 90 minutes of play? If yea, you have a point. Other wise they probably had to step up their level of fitness.

Track and football is two different things.

Youre original question ...

Ah want to ask a honest question,you feel that Luton training hard than Jabloteh training :waiting:? and if so please stat why ........ah boy :bs:
Is PFL fitness requirements lower than the 1st Division in Lebanon? :thinking:

I do think that the fitness requirements of the english championship is higher than the PFL. My reason has to do with the speed and intensity of the english game compared to that of Trinidad.

How Lebanon reach in this?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 10:34:33 AM by dwn »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2005, 10:51:07 AM »
All de bes Whitley...make it happen!

Ah hope Cyd geh something with one ah dem clubs too, dey might polish his skillls
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2005, 11:10:20 AM »
Bredda well let me tell you something Mr Fenwick is a real bitch for all round fitness and his fitness regime is second to none,I not asking I am telling you I will not go in details but what I am trying to tell you is nothing stops top class preparation once know how is there,you think that Duprey investing all that money and fenwick come quite down here to ease up men?Same at Connection boy all yuh thinking jokey,ah partner who play for North ast Stars and then had a stint abroad he tell me the fitness was on par and in certain respects higher in the PFL.You assuming,a palyer at Crewe or Derby dont lift,sprint,aqua train,do plyos as much as players at Arsenal?or when teams  are demoted they reduce training?J League men fitter than MLS?
Instead of assuming ask.
tell them it was me

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2005, 11:19:09 AM »
Depending on de World Cup is not a good idea..suppose Whitley gets injured, does not play or plays very poorly.  Just because he signs a contract Luton that does not mean he cannot move a bigger club.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2005, 11:33:28 AM »
      The old and constant adage continues. We start our squad with some foreign based and local based and at the end of our games our local based on the squad become foreign based and then WE have the gall to shout at our coaches and mgmt. staff to let some "local" based footballers to play. But this will ALWAYS happen! Dammit so let us get used to it. Glenn, Cyd Gray (he really did improve yes), Whitley and Theobald just to name a few a year or less ago were our PURELY locally based Senior team footballers. So what, since they are now foreign based, does that mean we should look at MORE local based? You see eventually as T&T gets better and plays better then almost ALL our local based will get foreign contract and we should be happy for them, come June next year in Germany or entire squad may become purely foreign based, but that is because all our players rose to the occasion and played good ball, and we should not diss them and say look for more local players unless we truly need them. Obviously Anton Pierre, Atiba Charles and even Glenton Wolfe if they get a chance to play for T&T and do well and we as a team do well, they will get a contract abroad as well.

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2005, 11:35:21 AM »
big up to my dog denzil i reall wa see him play in scotland bad. he is a very talented player and he will make trini proud.

whitley go be a good move to luton with carlos. he need to get out of the pfl an get some international exposure especially if he goin and play in germny 2006.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2005, 11:35:43 AM »
big up to my dog denzil i reall wa see him play in scotland bad. he is a very talented player and he will make trini proud.

whitley go be a good move to luton with carlos. he need to get out of the pfl an get some international exposure especially if he goin and play in germny 2006.

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2005, 11:54:44 AM »
Whitley is a good player, but honestly he should wait after WC 2006 to sign with any team. He should go for the trial in the meantime, but let his agent know that he will wait to see what other offers are on the table.

As a matter of fact, none of the players should sign contracts until after Germany.
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2005, 12:37:45 PM »
Both Whitley and Theobold will have pressure with that work permit issue...I wish them the best of luck though
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2005, 12:42:35 PM »
This is NOT good news. 

Nonsense- It is good news...even if it doesn't work out, it shows that he was recognized and Carlos is looking out for him. (I'm almost sure that Carlos recommended the scouts take a look at him)

He needs to WAIT until after the World Cup to sign any new contract. Why? His market value will be very much higher then, even if Trinidad does not do very well.

How are you so sure ? What if he has a sub-par WC ? Even if he has a decent tournament, playing in the W.C is no guarantee that your stock will go up. Don't be so simplistic and naive. There is alot of talent on show at the World Cup, and alot of it can get lost in the shuffle. The fact that he might get a look now, before the rat race might be a blessing in disguise.

If Luton like him this much, they will have to wait.
He could be losing out on millions here, by rushing and signing a contract seven months too early.

If Luton like him this much ? Come on !! How old are you ? They're probably gonna give him a trial, that's all. How much they like him will depend on how well he performs at the trial. "If Luton like him this much, they willl have to wait" is one of the dumbest statements made on here in a while.

I can't say what is the best move for him to make, but your rationale is very poor. If I were him I'd go and try out (but that's just me). At his age, the window of opportunity is closing rapidly, and there's nothing wrong with taking a gamble on something that you have in front of you.

If he's confident that other teams will approach him, and wants to wait it out, I will respect his decision.......that would be based on advice from people in the industry who know what they're talking about, and his own intuition........but he's definitely not in a position to say "If Luton likes me so much, they'll have to wait".....come on..........what are we thinking here ?

This is an excellent post by kicker and i agree with every word that he says!!

alyuh feel whitley is 19 and has de workd at his feet? lol

plus de man needs some exposure to a higher intensity level of football, and that would obviously help us fare better at the world cup!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2005, 03:11:51 PM »
I was expecting all along fuh Whitely tuh be linked with a foreign club, once he keep his form, it will only get better fuh him. I doh see nothing wrong with going fuh de trial at Luton, if he is offered a contract, ah will prefer he hold out on signing, because with de ability of dah youth, better clubs will be interested.

Even if he sign with Luton, it shouldn't be ah problem in de summer, if ah better club, with ah better deal, come his way. Most things in life, yuh hah tuh take ah chance, so he have tuh do what is best fuh him and his family. Ah se man taking bout Arsenal an ting, ah know is we boy an we want de best fuh him, but let we doh get carried away nah. In my opinion, he could definetly play with ah few ah dem teams in dat league, Wigan, Bolton, West Brom, just tuh name a few. He will have tuh start like Yorke in one ah dem team, show what he can do and de bigger clubs will surely come.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2005, 03:13:59 PM »
whitley will get a transfer 2 a bigger club, luton town bankin on some transfer money, dats y dey callin him up, after de world cup, look 4 dem 2 make some big money from transfers

vibes it up

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2005, 04:33:44 PM »
 I just glad for Whitley...Luton have a very good chance of making it to Premiership...If he sign now he would be exposed to a faster brand of football which most likely he could adapt to...That could make him into a better player for the World Cup...If he sign during or after the World Cup he have a chance of going to a bigger club for more money...anyhow I GLAD...This guy has been over-looked for too long...and believe me, there are others in PFL that could make an impact....Go T&T

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2005, 04:36:38 PM »
big up to Seaton
Warrior For Life !!

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2005, 05:18:09 PM »
big up to aurtis i say being 28 go to luton see if u get trials at other clubs but do sumtin dont wait till w c den another up an comer take ur spot

go luton do ur ting enjoy football at dat age u deserve sumtin an carlos go help him out alot i sure
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2005, 06:21:34 PM »
I laugh when I see men say he should just sign a 1 year contract..

You ever hear about Bosman...no club signs a player for 1 year. That allows the player to walk for free at the end of the season and move to another club and the present club gets zero transfer fee. That is terrible business and shows the player has no real interest in the clu. Now the club themselves may not be sure of a player and then sign him to a 1 year contract with options to extend, but that is never the player's call..always the club's...Only aging players negitotiate 1 year extensions to current contracts...not new signees

Luton trial is a good thing. he should at least go on trial and see how things agree with him. He may not be made an offer...or he may turn down an offer...but the experience could only be beneficial and informative. If he is destimed for greater things, he could move on from Luton just as easily and profitably from Luton. If he has a poor WC or gets injured and doesn't even play, Luton is a realistic platform to the Premership or other parts of Europe. Luton themselves have a realistic chance of being a premiership team in the next year

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2005, 08:07:15 PM »
Yuh must always stike while the iron is hot.

Anything could happen and yuh must always sign one time. Suppose he get injured in JAB and doe play in WC wha go happen then.

At least he woulda be in England with a side and a big wuk.

Once the door open yuh must rush in and go brave. Yuh musnt stand back and sit and wonder.

Life too short not to take risk and seize opportunities.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

truetrini

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2005, 08:10:21 PM »
nice reply touches

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2005, 03:05:15 PM »
i am pretty sure that whitley trains harder with jabloteh that he will ever train with any of the clubs he will trial with. and i'm sure he will impress and win a contract.

1]; } ?>