April 23, 2024, 07:27:22 PM

Author Topic: Warner puts $1 million into 2006 cricket season.  (Read 3864 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warner puts $1 million into 2006 cricket season.
« on: January 05, 2006, 02:51:38 PM »
Warner puts $1 million into 2006 cricket season.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

The Warner Group of Companies, chaired by Jack Warner, has come forward to fund the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board (TTCB) for the 2006 period to the sum of $1,000,000.
This was announced by Warner on Thursday after he came to an agreement with Cricket Board President Deryck Murray following recent discussions.
The substantial financial assistance, according to Warner, is being provided with the aim of ensuring that the game is properly run throughout the five (5) zones including Tobago and that the TTCB is fully functional as an administration.
The TTCB will receive from this month an amount of $500,000 to assist in meeting with administrative costs, the sum of $300,000 to be disbursed equally among each of its five zones inclusive of Tobago; Fax machines for each zone and Tobago provided that each zone has a secure and functioning office; and for the second straight year, the South-East Zone will be the recipient of $50,000 through its existing sponsorship deal with the Warner Group. The other monies will take care of other costs including the fax machines.
Warner, for the second straight year, will also fund the Central-based Joe Public Munroe Road Cricket Club for the 2006 National Division League One season to an excess of $250,000 inclusive of administrative duties, team management and preparations, match fees and other incentives.
Warner said his contribution was merely one in an attempt to develop the sport of cricket and to ensure that T&T is well secured cricket playing nation for the future especially by the time the 2007 Cricket World Cup comes around.
“Today we have with us the greatest batsman to ever live and he is a Trinidadian. I don’t need to tell you his name but I can tell you that we are today searching very deep for another individual as our next great one and this doesn’t come overnight,” Warner told Warner Group Media. “The game of cricket must be alive in all corners of the country and it must be developed and well managed. While you may have the capable hands capable of doing it  in the offices and on the playing fields, you also need the right resources to achieve it and this is merely my contribution towards reaching there.”
He added that while he is well known for his involvement in football, his heart lies in the development of the country, moreso through sport, particularly the most popular pair here.
“People take Jack Warner and football and they put the two together but the truth is that I am also a  supporter of cricket and other sports as well and if this is another avenue that can be used for the betterment of our country and our young ones then I will make my contribution there. These are sports where you have all races taking part. We all want to see more Brian Laras, Denish Ramdins,  Dwight Yorkes  and Aurtis Whitleys representing us in the years to come but we must work feverishly and together to see this happen,” Warner added “And I’m not into this for 2007 World Cup tickets. Hopefully Mr Murray and the TTCB will not also be wrongfully accused of trying to make a profit on ticket sales,”  Warner laughed.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Warner puts $1 million into 2006 cricket season.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 03:00:07 PM »
Control of football eh enough now Cricket? Could the general massess see the alterior motives? "Power corrupts absolute power corrupts"

The price ah man would pay for political office may far exceeds his grasp; me eh calling no name nah but sometimes man does  try tuh wear so many JACKets.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 03:04:39 PM »
World Cup is World Cup man football or cricket no difference.

At least he put some money but I am sure he looking to make back that money and more during the cricket world cup

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 03:20:33 PM »
Next he put money in the Tobago Goat Race.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 03:23:20 PM »
IZ business as usual
Warrior For Life !!

Offline ballfever

• Jr. Warrior
  • Dream d'dream, live d'game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 09:15:42 PM »
Next he put money in the Tobago Goat Race.
:rotfl:
trust mih, dah cyar buy UNC votes in tobago!
if yuh check mih heart in mih chest, mix up wit d'red blood, it have a black & white stripe somewhere in dey!.....long b4 foot ball,durin' world cup and after..T&T FOREVER! WE COUNTRY, WE SPIRIT,WE VIBES! WARRIOR NATION!

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 09:40:17 PM »
At the end of the day, Jack could safely say "Is my money I use to do this", "Is my money I use to do that"
Jack up to something infact he whole family up to something. Now I reading that the government going and get involve in the ticket drama.  What next eh
Instead of the whole country getting hipe and excitement in full swing for the world cup, we have to sit back and watch at JaaJaaaaaaccck and the Government play power politics.  steupssssss

You know e-man i won't be surprise if jack ent sponsor ah goat name 'matilda' for dey tobago goat race in august....food free from de coal pot and hotel accommodation from dey Emerald when it visit trinidad.

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 09:45:40 PM »
The man smart he investing in cricket to make more money after the Cricket World Cup in 2007 he hadda start sometime otherwise they go say he is a jus come as much as i doh like d man nigga man is a reaaaaall hustler if WI win that tourney he stand to make real money but he probably trying to gain d trust of the cricketers.
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 10:51:38 PM »
Yuh mean $1million of FIFA money going into cricket, just like $5million of FIFA money going into Guyanese football. Wouldnt it be great to see all those FIFA grants bring back WI cricket where it should be.. ::)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 03:54:47 AM »
Big political move......
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>