March 28, 2024, 03:41:16 PM

Author Topic: $800,000 a month for what?  (Read 17980 times)

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
Re: $800,000 a month for what?
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2006, 09:25:32 PM »
"WHAT value for dollar is Trinidad and Tobago getting from Leo Beenhakker at $800,000 a month?"

We made it to the World Cup and are experiencing whatever comes along with the achievement.

If you think for 800,000 a month Beenie should be doing more than coaching the national team, that is your opinion. But the fact that the article states that his salary is "chick feed" means that alot of other people out there think differently.

The way I see it - its a competition and the only way to succeed is to have the best on your team. And you dealing in a market where the competitive prices are THAT HIGH if you want the best.

So far we have succeeded in one mission - making it to the World Cup. And possible benefits that could bring to our football might or might not in "monetary value" be equal to his salary but there may many other intangible gains that make it worth it.

As far as succeeding in terms of future development - first I think its going to take alot more than Beenie's knowledge and alot more money for that. And as was established, we dont know exactly what his job description is so I wont get into how much he "should" be doing.

I understand the concerns of the article but I think bringing up the salary is just to grab the reader attention more than anything else.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2006, 11:50:25 PM »
All who feel Beenie will be in TNT after the WC dreaming. The man stakes just went up a 1000 fold. I will be surprise if after Germany 2006 he will be around. I will be 1st to post I was wrong if he is and 1st to say I told you so when he doesl not come  back.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2006, 10:04:04 AM »
I don't think that he will be here after the World Cup. He was hired to coach the team to qualify for the World Cup and now to coach at the World Cup. Yes, he made comments about us starting to put thnkss in place for the future. But that does not equate to him being here to put things in place. That is for our TD and the local association.. He will leave to coach some club team after the The World Cup. Just like Gus Hiddink did after coaching S. Korea in the last WC. Just like Sven will do with England. Nothing new, Nothing different.

truetrini

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2006, 10:27:15 AM »
So de PM did not say and Jack did not say dat de man get ah contract fuh de next two years?

Ah jes asking eh.

And even if he here jes fuh de World Cup..why he eh home doing wuk with de locals?  ent he say he looking fuh players?  wey better dan in T&T?

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2006, 10:56:28 AM »
TT ...which local players can he look at that he haven't seen already?

Can he develop a player between now and June to the extent that the player can step on the field in Germany and help the team??

Which local player can join the team and be asked to make an immediate impact in Germany?? I'm not trying to argue, just curious.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2006, 11:05:41 AM »

Can he develop a player between now and June to the extent that the player can step on the field in Germany and help the team??

Which local player can join the team and be asked to make an immediate impact in Germany?? I'm not trying to argue, just curious.

Ah go put up meh hand cause I know who........

HARDEST  :rotfl:

truetrini

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2006, 11:08:23 AM »

Listen, and listen well.  He said he is still lookiong, giving the impression that jhe feels we have room for improvement.  Correct?

So where would you find more trinis than in T&T?  He has dissed our league and continues to look at men who just learned that their mother has ah trini passport.

If it were up tuh me...men like dat can play fuh T&T at all..far less get humoured by a look see.

The TD and Jack said that players who attended the combine were not only being lookd at with 2010 in mind but 2006 also if the talent was there..so why was beenie asked to bne there to look at the proceedings?

Breds I playing devil's advocate...but I find beenie spending too much time away.

He should be home working with the locals who on de fringe and those who already got called to National duty.

Heaven forbid we lose 2-3 players due to injuries and nutten done to get players at home ready.

Yuh say how hec an develop a player between now and June...how long it take him to get de National team playing better again?

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2006, 11:35:22 AM »
tt.. point taken but I was hoping for names..  In all fairness, in Anton's interview yesterday, he asked all local players (former national players and those on the fringe of making a national team) to be ready to make themselves available.

Anton can't act independently so this has to come from Beenie.. which may imply he is still looking locally..

Again, and you probably would disagree, Apart from being tactically superior to BSC, Beenie brought more organization/structure to the team especially defensively. He preached the philosophy of maintaining possession of the ball. This added to the fact that Latapy came back(and the effect that Latapy has on other players) was the main reason for the improvement in performance. I dont think that individual players suddenly became more technically adept.

anyway, pls share yr thoughts...

truetrini

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2006, 11:46:23 AM »
dat is why beenie needs to be home. anton or licoln cant choose players..time is running out.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2006, 11:51:38 AM »
Here is a take on having a foreign coach: He will tell we and the entire JACK Warner entourage what to do : We will listen.

On having a local coach: Th entire entourage JACK and De boys will tell he what to do and He listen.
NOW who is the FALL GUY for failures?

The beauty of this forum and the way it is now is that all one has to do is do a search and find that this contentious issue about Beenhakker has been around for awhile. Ent ah said this before?

Yes the coach has done what we all wanted: get us to the World Cup!!! but at what price? Initially I had some reservations about hiring a ' mercernary' coach with a myopic focus, but success seems to override principles.

I have to argeee with some of  the sentiments expressed by TT. In Summary are we getting true value out of Beenie? Are we a nation that always must be held hostage by those who seems to be at our mercy? Have we not spent the time and money to promote and develop our local talent (coaches or players) at a level so that our national squads will not have to yield to foreign expertise? or are we still strangling' on the milk which feeds our thinking that foreign is better? Or those who are controlling the 'purse strings' are leading us down a path to self destruction.

Let's consider the proliferation of propanganda which came out of J.W. fisrt is this and then it was something else. Let's consider the inept planning and preparation. If you is ah Beenhakker and you witness this lack of organization, would you not 'bleed the well' for all it's worth and  exert minimum effort? We are the victims of our own demise.

For whatever reasons, we does really 'mash up' we own; soemtimes we own does 'mash up'
them selves (Nahkid & BSC) . I mean here we have two individulas who were in close with the WCQ yet we seem to discard their worth. Then we ave all kinda men who does commentate on the radio like they have all the answers  yet, me eh seeing them bringing any 'hands on' expertise to develop local talent.

In reviewing former postings you may find these interesting:

(There was an article by Walter Alibay from Newsday proclaiming that Beenhakker was to work at developing local coaches. what happened to that?
http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=1480.msg8948#msg8948

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=1313.msg7781#msg7781

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=1094.msg6397#msg6397

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=2580.msg18170#msg181
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 12:19:35 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2006, 11:56:27 AM »
tt.. point taken but I was hoping for names..  In all fairness, in Anton's interview yesterday, he asked all local players (former national players and those on the fringe of making a national team) to be ready to make themselves available.

Anton can't act independently so this has to come from Beenie.. which may imply he is still looking locally..

Again, and you probably would disagree, Apart from being tactically superior to BSC, Beenie brought more organization/structure to the team especially defensively. He preached the philosophy of maintaining possession of the ball. This added to the fact that Latapy came back(and the effect that Latapy has on other players) was the main reason for the improvement in performance. I dont think that individual players suddenly became more technically adept.

anyway, pls share yr thoughts...

Quite right. it took awhile for the midfielders to get accustomed to playing organised defense and some of their offensive games(Whitly) suffered initially but now their  offensive games are coming on now that they are more comfortable in the system.. And of course a man like Latas. takes so much off the others shouders.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2006, 11:58:07 AM »
Did we entrust those with the purse strings to really  do some planning; reference checks and some discussions prior to hiring, or was the hiring done so hurrily despite the ultimate cost?

Remember this posting?

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=2549.msg17858#msg17858

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2006, 12:16:29 PM »
I could ask alyuh something.......What are the other coaches doing right now, that is any different to Beenie.

You feel Sven have any side in training?

Beenie in England the man went and Checking on we players talking to Managers and looking at facilitiies and alyuh vex.

Why alyuh feel is beenie job to develop the nation and the local players etc. The man new wuk is to get 22 players ready come June next and for us to not get embarrassed when we play our 3 games.

This is another short term project and the only way to fix we side is to get better players in and play practice game.

Why alyuh vex if we paying Beenie that kinda money when we have a big frigging waste of time blimp in Yankee colours hovering over the country.

Development is the TD wuk and he has put things in place with the player screenings etc.Lincoln is doing a very fine job.

Again before alyuh criticize Beenie try and see what other WC coaches are doing in order to make a fair comparison.

None of them running no training camp for local players nor are they training no local coaches.

A Intl coach does get he players three days before the game and work starts then.

If we was serious about doing well we was supposed to buy back our players from the clubs.and put them in a six month training camp. A post I brought up many moons ago. However it is not feasible or possible. SOmething like what Hiddink did with Korea in the Last WC.

Last thing, off the 800,000 what alyuh frighten for its not the Govnt paying that is Jack handling it.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2006, 12:23:50 PM »
Touches,
Ah hear yuh points; I know at times we opertae from both an informed and misinformed perspective.

Questions:

Do you think the organization structure looking after football in England is operating like TTFF?

Is Jack handling the full amount of Beenhakker's salary? Is this a confirmed fact?

How do we quantify the merits of BeenHakker's salary?

truetrini

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2006, 12:28:25 PM »
Touches what shit yuh talking?

Sven in Holland looking at any players?

He in England looking fuh players...ah bet yuh money he going tuh EPL games looking at players dat is why men like Shaun Wright Phillips begging fuh transfer so he could get first team play!

The fact is we eh doing nutten in T&T.

If de coach care so much he would do something to make sure we preparing and have de best possible players as well as de best possible pool in cases of injury.

What games we have line up..all dem odder teams arranging dey warm ups we turn down some games in Saudi because we fraid we get embarrassed.

Tell me if dat eh shit!  Beenie should be in T&T doing something with de players home, granted no ball playin gin T&T..maybe we need to take a look at the league time table at home.

But the fact remins we doh have ah game lined up yet..despite Jack old talk dat he announcing de tam last Thursday!   Beenie making he money and we sitting on we hands.

I am not against de pay beenie getting...I am concerned over the lack of action on his part.

And just what players he looking at in England?

Samuel?  Zamora?  De BlackPool Joker?  Shakes?

Steups!

send yuh $100.00 ok  :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 12:34:23 PM by truetrini »

jusme

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »
I could ask alyuh something.......What are the other coaches doing right now, that is any different to Beenie.

You feel Sven have any side in training?

Beenie in England the man went and Checking on we players talking to Managers and looking at facilitiies and alyuh vex.

Why alyuh feel is beenie job to develop the nation and the local players etc. The man new wuk is to get 22 players ready come June next and for us to not get embarrassed when we play our 3 games.

This is another short term project and the only way to fix we side is to get better players in and play practice game.

Why alyuh vex if we paying Beenie that kinda money when we have a big frigging waste of time blimp in Yankee colours hovering over the country.

Development is the TD wuk and he has put things in place with the player screenings etc.Lincoln is doing a very fine job.

Again before alyuh criticize Beenie try and see what other WC coaches are doing in order to make a fair comparison.

None of them running no training camp for local players nor are they training no local coaches.

A Intl coach does get he players three days before the game and work starts then.

If we was serious about doing well we was supposed to buy back our players from the clubs.and put them in a six month training camp. A post I brought up many moons ago. However it is not feasible or possible. SOmething like what Hiddink did with Korea in the Last WC.

Last thing, off the 800,000 what alyuh frighten for its not the Govnt paying that is Jack handling it.

the difference between Sven and Beenie is that Sven have a squad of very good players already and they all playing a high level football with their clubs that serves very well for the purpose of preparing them for the world cup.

Development is the job of the technical director in a far-reaching sense.  Individual player development can also fall under the purview of the coach if that particular player might realistically contribute to the team in the near future eg the upcoming world cup.

Right now 3 people in our starting 11 are locally/MLS based (Whitley, Gray and Avery).  Further others such as A. Wolfe, G. Wolfe, Atiba Charles, Cornell Glen and Scott Sealey are all on the fringes of the current squad.  At the very least sessions should be held involving these players.   If they could get a talented locally-based player not in this group to the point where he can also compete for a spot in the squad then that is bonus.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 12:39:50 PM by jusme »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2006, 12:57:08 PM »
tt..you serious with that "we fraid we get embarrased" talk???

truetrini

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2006, 01:02:59 PM »
yes dzt was de reason given fuh not taking up an offer from de Saudi FA  dey was paying we, but we could not send we best team so Jack say beenie eh want to send no team.

See de shit...me eh sure beenie say nutten doh..!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2006, 01:12:59 PM »
How long did it take Beenie to get Whitley to raise his game?

Or did Beenie have nothing to do with that?

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2006, 01:16:54 PM »
tt.. this question was posed to Anton Corneal in an interview yesterday as to why T&T did not field a 'B' team in view of the unavailability of the regular starters. His response was reasonable enough...The organisers of the tournament, when they invite you to a tourney of this nature is because they want to 'see", a Latapy, Yorke etc, etc. (not taking anything away from the lesser fancied players).The majoriaty of these players were not available so......

Remember when they used to promote  big Brazilian clubs playing in the stadium and when you go, you find out is an U-23 team you watching and you get vex and walk out half way through the game????

At this stage everybody wants to see players that will be on the big stage come June.

truetrini

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2006, 01:19:26 PM »
yuh cyar give beenie enough praise fuh what he do with dis team at all.

He instill confidence dat we teams never had...as evidenced by de fight and grit.  Past teams would ah fold like at patraj roti long time.

He may not hav ehad improved any players play directly,,but by motivation and tactical know how he make dem fellas play well and specifically had the back line holding shape for longer periods dan before.

Dem fellas beleive in him  and DAT IS DE DIFFERENCE!

Offline firebun

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2006, 04:18:13 PM »
more baccahnal, more baccahnal!   :applause:
All i want to do is see trinidad & tobago mash up the world cup but too much issues!

Lord, ah cyar take it no more. :frustrated:

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2006, 06:50:23 PM »
For those who  are in the know:

what is the salary paid  to the coach of the Togolese team?

What is the salary for the coaches of the  countries who made the World Cup for the first time?

What is the average salary of all the coaches at the world cup?

Is the salary we are paying Beenhakker fair and in line with the others?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 06:55:20 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2006, 07:36:36 PM »

What is the salary for the coaches of the  countries who made the World Cup for the first time?

First of all, keep in mind that we do not know how much Beenhakker earns. The $800,000 per month is the salary of the technical staff. Even if we do know Beenhakker's salary, it would only make sense to compare it to other coaches of similar calibre. On a side note, Sven Goran Eriksson is rumoured to earn £4 million (approx. $44,253,432.10 TT) per-year, or $3,687,786 TT per month.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2006, 07:46:45 PM »

First of all, keep in mind that we do not know how much Beenhakker earns. The $800,000 per month is the salary of the technical staff. Even if we do know Beenhakker's salary, it would only make sense to compare it to other coaches of similar calibre. On a side note, Sven Goran Eriksson is rumoured to earn £4 million (approx. $44,253,432.10 TT) per-year, or $3,687,786 TT per month.

Some might say it better to compare to other countries of similar standing since WE paying the bills.
England GDP just a tad bit more than ours.

In any case I don't care about the salary...it sound reasonable.  But we could squeeze more out of him dammit.

Which make more sense government paying Leo coaching package now POST qualification or Rene Simoes TD package salary PRE qualification.

truetrini

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2006, 08:52:02 PM »
tt.. this question was posed to Anton Corneal in an interview yesterday as to why T&T did not field a 'B' team in view of the unavailability of the regular starters. His response was reasonable enough...The organisers of the tournament, when they invite you to a tourney of this nature is because they want to 'see", a Latapy, Yorke etc, etc. (not taking anything away from the lesser fancied players).The majoriaty of these players were not available so......

Remember when they used to promote  big Brazilian clubs playing in the stadium and when you go, you find out is an U-23 team you watching and you get vex and walk out half way through the game????

At this stage everybody wants to see players that will be on the big stage come June.

college dat is dotish talk from antion.

Dat same Saudi did send ah team ah second stringers to de Asian Tourney to blood dem and see if dey could unearth good talent.

We eh do nutten but talk and looking at pros abroad.  beenie done say we locals behind.

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2006, 09:07:16 PM »
Why we like to tear down man so, always looking at what ah man gettin pay and fighting down success... $800,000 is nothing for an international coach... it is nothing 130k USD... stop fighting down man and study about getting your own pocket up

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2006, 09:29:45 PM »
truetrini is talking a whole lotta shit. truetrini, you ask whether sven in holland looking for players? no hes in england, where england has a real domestic league that requires a lot of scouting. leo cant stay in the tt pro league for months doing the same kind of scouting. dont compare the EPL to the TT pro league.

and again, what de ass you want from the man? all the organization regarding camps and training games falls with the ttff and camps. leo just come back from world cup organizing. leave the man alone. any points in your arguement should be directed towards camps and the ttff.
Hart for president

truetrini

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2006, 09:35:43 PM »
truetrini is talking a whole lotta shit. truetrini, you ask whether sven in holland looking for players? no hes in england, where england has a real domestic league that requires a lot of scouting. leo cant stay in the tt pro league for months doing the same kind of scouting. dont compare the EPL to the TT pro league.

and again, what de ass you want from the man? all the organization regarding camps and training games falls with the ttff and camps. leo just come back from world cup organizing. leave the man alone. any points in your arguement should be directed towards camps and the ttff.

What kinda supporter are you>  Ah jock strap?

Steups, off course the questions are directed toward the TTFF..yuh senile or what or yuh cyar read?

maybe is comprehension dat eluding yuh grasp?

The TTFF happens to be Beenieman's boss.

So is dem who have to answer de question.

And yuh point is as stupid as you.

We havre ah league, de USA have one and england have one.  So naturally de coach ahs to scout leagues both foreign and domestic.

In out case our league is done and so is de MLS.  A significant number of our players..first tier or second tier are in de PFL and de MLS.

what is being done to keep dem match fit?

Haul yuh ass!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2006, 09:52:55 PM »
you sound like an uneducated jackass. first of all, your points make little to no sense at all. learn to articulate your arguement a little more.

this is the third and last time im gonna tell you in this thread that the ttff and camps are the ones that you should be directing your primative simple points at. not leo. so why you are criticising the coach's pay when he has already done so much is beyond me. dont change your story and say you criticising the ttff when this a thread about the coach and you repeatedly question why the coach aint doing this and that.

remember, the key to an arguement is making sense. try it sometime.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 09:55:49 PM by Tallman »
Hart for president

1]; } ?>