April 22, 2024, 11:29:38 PM

Author Topic: Tony Warner is a Soca Warrior  (Read 7142 times)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Tony Warner is a Soca Warrior
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2006, 12:02:14 PM »
The goalkeeping position is still up for grabs, in my opionion.  See that Ince kept a clean sheet in Coventry's FA CUP game on Saturday.  Hopefully, his showing was good enough to send a message to Micky Adams.  Also, Warner is not guaranteed of being Fulham's #1, cause rumor has it that Niemi is close to signing a deal from Southampton.  He is a class act.  If I have to choose a first choice keeper going into Germany, it would be based on current form, performance in the warm-ups. It's still anyone's position, but whosoever claims it, has to be playing regularly and showing good form.  If Warner plays often for the rest of the season though, he would be my choice of #1.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2006, 12:25:59 PM »
Shaka is our best keeper, then ince, then jack!!

Warner is a nice addition to the party, and quite frankly, if they were all playing for their clubs, then Jack would be the man who would be left out!!

That might be de hard luck decision, but if dey pick the best 3, then jack would get left out!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2006, 01:05:17 PM »
Andre,

If ah get yuh right, when all we GKs playing for dey clubs de line up wud be:

#1) Shaka
#2) Ince
#3) Warner

#4) Kelvin (dropped)

Correct?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2006, 01:08:16 PM »
jack is beenie favourite keeper. hate it or love it
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline davidy233

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2006, 01:24:38 PM »
Could be interesting, Beenie has picked Kelvin Jack for all the games he has been fit and available for since taking over - he obviously rates him.

But Kelvin is injured at the moment and may not get back into Dundee's side when fit again, he's got competition for a place at the club now, Beenie piicked him when he was Dundee's reserve keeper before but would he do that in a World Cup year. It seems to be the casethat the other keepers are hardly first choice either too, I'm not an expert on Clayton Ince's situation but he played at the weekend so he may be the exception.

I saw Tony Warner play a fair bit when he was at Aberdeen and Celtic, lost loads of goals up here - If I was choosing Trinidad and Tobago's keepers for Germany he'd be my fourth choice - and there is not a chance in a million that he will play ahead of Niemi at Fulham, especially as Warner was in goal for a cup giant killing on Saturday - good way to start at a new club.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2006, 02:41:04 PM »
Shaka is our best keeper, then ince, then jack!!

Warner is a nice addition to the party, and quite frankly, if they were all playing for their clubs, then Jack would be the man who would be left out!!

That might be de hard luck decision, but if dey pick the best 3, then jack would get left out!

ah love it!!

Based on ability he might be fourth on that list, but after Ince walk out on the team and Beenie showed so much faith in Jack, I would be surprised if all were fit that Beenie take Ince over Jack, just on principal.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2006, 02:47:08 PM »
The first man to take is Jack even if it is as a third keeper.

In fact especially if he is a third keeper. If it comes down to Jack vs any of them old men for the 3rd spot, take Jack.

The chance of you needing the third keeper is minute and none of those guys are head and shoulders above Kelvin to say that we will die if we don't have them warming the bench. Kelvin was good enough to start in front Shaka and Ince in the qualifiers and he is the man for the future.

Like allyuh forget that after Jack is only the Williams and them we have coming through. Jack is our keeper for the next campaign and beyond.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

MickeyRat

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2006, 02:57:52 PM »
jack is beenie favourite keeper. hate it or love it

I agree, Shaka is # 2 until Warner hold down 2-3 bullet in ah warm up game.
Jack is # 1.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2006, 03:20:05 PM »
Yea Jack ain't fraid to buss some cuss on d back 4 when dey not marking at all. His confidence level has risen tremendously since he was given the starting job. He may not be as experienced as Ince and Shaka, but untill i see otherwise he is our #1
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2006, 03:43:54 PM »
Yea Jack ain't fraid to buss some cuss on d back 4 when dey not marking at all. His confidence level has risen tremendously since he was given the starting job. He may not be as experienced as Ince and Shaka, but untill i see otherwise he is our #1

what exactly are you waiting to see?  The ball bounce over his head one more time in Germany?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2006, 04:06:26 PM »
Don't matter, till beenie man make a change he is our number 1
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2006, 12:11:20 AM »
WARNER READY TO PLAY FOR TRINIDAD
Monday 9 Jan, 2006 5:59pm

Fulham goalkeeper Tony Warner could be playing against England in the World Cup after agreeing to play for his father's homeland, Trinidad and Tobago.

The 31-year-old last visited Trinidad in 1995 and does not have a Trinidad passport, but Clyde Warner, who came to Britain 44 years ago, was born there.

"It's a great step for me and I'm really excited about being given the chance," said Warner.

"Now we're teaching him the national anthem," said defender Brent Sancho.
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2006, 01:10:02 AM »

what exactly are you waiting to see?  The ball bounce over his head one more time in Germany?

lol i was tinkin the same ting, also that shit he done at the end when he gave the away to the bahraini was stupid wether its against the rules or not he should never do it a couple mins away from qualification all it takes is for a ref to give it and the match gettin replayed, althought a have to rate him for that save right at the end i dunno how he saw that, its like jack does keep better wen he doesnt have time to tink. split second reaction ting.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2006, 04:52:31 AM »
It sounds like this is a position that T&T have a nice problem with, for what it’s worth, here’s my thoughts on the matter.

Shaka is immense, both as a player and as a man. Since he left Pompey I have not been that confident with any of the Keepers we have bought in, I would rather have him in the squad than Sander Westerveld which I think says it all about the man. If you have a better number one than him, you have a better keeper than over half the other teams in the world cup.

Warner looks good and has played well as cover and fully justifies Fulham signing him on a permanent deal. The signing of Niemi will make him 2nd choice keeper at best, but being kept out of the team by Niemi is no insult, he is a class keeper, now he is back in the premiership, he is probably one of the top 5 keepers in England (Remembering that two of those five play for Chelsea).

Ince is not playing for Coventry at the moment, so it doesn’t look too good for him. Remember there is a massive gap between the premiership and the Championship, if Ince can’t get into a struggling Coventry side, then I would question if he is the man for the job.

Jack sounds like a good keeper, I know Dundee were pretty pissed that he didn’t return from your game against Bahrain in time, but again the SPL is not that great a league, however, he does seem to have more first team football under his belt than Ince

So for me, it sounds like Ince will be the one to miss out.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2006, 07:57:32 AM »
just a correction pompy, dundee is in the scottish 1st divison, not de premier league.

Excellent pt JDB, i never looked at it like dat!!

In fact, Jack is going to be our 3rd choice keeper, so in essence, Ince, Warner and Shaka are fighting for 2 spots.

and when u think that Shaka ent going and get drop, then u realise that the third spot is going to either Ince or 'warner!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2006, 08:15:38 AM »
just a correction pompy, dundee is in the scottish 1st divison, not de premier league.

Excellent pt JDB, i never looked at it like dat!!

In fact, Jack is going to be our 3rd choice keeper, so in essence, Ince, Warner and Shaka are fighting for 2 spots.

and when u think that Shaka ent going and get drop, then u realise that the third spot is going to either Ince or 'warner!!

ah love it!!

my mistake.

But I think it would be wise to take Shaka, just because of the experience he has, but then, I am a big Shaka fan.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2006, 08:22:40 AM »
Shaka will always be my first choice Keeper as long as he is fit. Jack worries me alot. He is not a good judge of cross balls, and that is what he is going to get a lot of when we play England

1]; } ?>