April 23, 2024, 07:15:01 AM

Author Topic: Can I have some ICE in meh LIMA juice ?  (Read 4722 times)

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
Can I have some ICE in meh LIMA juice ?
« on: January 09, 2006, 09:45:42 PM »
First of all, it really amazes me that soo many so called football pundits on this site, who posting hundreds ah post daily, still eh even close to learning about this game. My point is, plenty men still talkin bout the FIFA Ranking as though that is any reliable guide to a team's performance on any given day.

I am speaking about the condemnation of the two opponents announced tonight (Iceland and Peru). Fellow forumites, "explease meh cuse" but as much as we are all happy to qualify and dislike all the cheap-shots announcers in England are throwing at us, do not forget our beloved Warriors struggle with Whatever-Lima (a Peru Club side) just the other day, and was sucking salt until Stern finally wake up, and start back bussin the net against Guatemala in the return game of the HEX.

I am as much a "Faithfulista" as any, but let us not get swell-headed and carried away here, the team is still being prepared and (Rome was not built in a day), I am sure these games, although not first choice, can still be very usefull to gain experience, experiment, and test us.

Think about it, Peru is a World Cup veteran, are we? People complaining that Peru is ah inconsistant team, but we Soca Warriors supporters complaining about inconsistancy in other teams?..... HELLO? Then what of Iceland? We will be playing Sweden, Iceland ehnt a bad substitute, look at there qualifying record (dont forget we collect 5, from shitty Guatemala).

No, please understand where I am coming from, I would have loved to play the teams that Beenhakker requested, but we cannot cry over spilt milk. Let us make do with what we get, hey, it coulda be worst, men was talkin bout JA, and Atlanta Silverbacks.......

What is also good, is the possibility of confidence boosting against these teams. Those other teams mentioned by Beeny would have definately stretched us, but could have also dealt us some serious blows to we confidence before the big dance.

Let us remember, when life deals you limes, do not get sour, instead make lime juice.

So I say bring on Peru and Iceland, by the time June, we go be ready for the main course.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 09:49:08 PM by nigelfabien »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Can I have some ICE in meh LIMA juice ?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 09:49:15 PM »
ditto
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 10:10:31 PM »
agree

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 10:41:53 PM »
I refuse to believe that all these so-called diehards on dis site are so naive about World football....

I will chalk it down to some feeling of disappointment having had all the expectation of "The Mother of All Games" , Czech republic, Argentina, Norway, Denmark, etc etc....

but de fact remains Iceland and Peru is good sides and I dare say may be favourites against us.... (well maybe evens with Iceland) but they do have Eider Gudjohnsen and Hreidderson,
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 10:46:50 PM »
First of all, it really amazes me that soo many so called football pundits on this site, who posting hundreds ah post daily, still eh even close to learning about this game. My point is, plenty men still talkin bout the FIFA Ranking as though that is any reliable guide to a team's performance on any given day.

I am speaking about the condemnation of the two opponents announced tonight (Iceland and Peru). Fellow forumites, "explease meh cuse" but as much as we are all happy to qualify and dislike all the cheap-shots announcers in England are throwing at us, do not forget our beloved Warriors struggle with Whatever-Lima (a Peru Club side) just the other day, and was sucking salt until Stern finally wake up, and start back bussin the net against Guatemala in the return game of the HEX.

I am as much a "Faithfulista" as any, but let us not get swell-headed and carried away here, the team is still being prepared and (Rome was not built in a day), I am sure these games, although not first choice, can still be very usefull to gain experience, experiment, and test us.

Think about it, Peru is a World Cup veteran, are we? People complaining that Peru is ah inconsistant team, but we Soca Warriors supporters complaining about inconsistancy in other teams?..... HELLO? Then what of Iceland? We will be playing Sweden, Iceland ehnt a bad substitute, look at there qualifying record (dont forget we collect 5, from shitty Guatemala).

No, please understand where I am coming from, I would have loved to play the teams that Beenhakker requested, but we cannot cry over spilt milk. Let us make do with what we get, hey, it coulda be worst, men was talkin bout JA, and Atlanta Silverbacks.......

What is also good, is the possibility of confidence boosting against these teams. Those other teams mentioned by Beeny would have definately stretched us, but could have also dealt us some serious blows to we confidence before the big dance.

Let us remember, when life deals you limes, do not get sour, instead make lime juice.

So I say bring on Peru and Iceland, by the time June, we go be ready for the main course.

well said..more men should think befor dey start typing...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 10:51:50 PM »
good post nigelfabien   :beermug:

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 07:18:46 AM »
Well said,a realistic approach dealing with what was given to you and not what you wish for,what you wish for sometimes may be your own undoing and equally what was given to you may be a blessing or a curse,so there lies the test.     

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 07:24:13 AM »
Well said thinfoot. Well ah see yuh video the other day. Yuh foot aint so thin again. :rotfl:
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 07:43:31 AM »
I agree with u nigel, that is an excellent post. Just one thing, that game against Lima was not a struggle, that was (in my opinion....and u can real my match report from that game) one of our best games under benhakker.  It was a game that made a difference in alot of people's hearts although we lost 1-0.

Other that that, your post is spot on!!

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 07:48:55 AM »
I agree, we need as much games as we can get, most countries are going through their paces as far as warm ups and we need to get on the ball as well. Wether we play Venezuela or Bosnia, not going to matter we just need to get back in the swing of things

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 07:49:25 AM »
Excellent nigel,refeshing to hear some good solid common sense :applause:
tell them it was me

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 08:20:00 AM »

Personally i woulda rather a lil bit more entres before de main course though..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 09:50:04 AM »
Common Sense has never been common....but is good to see we have that in common.

A lot of times ah reading posts that people just posting and agreeing with whatever the majority saying. I for one always say what I believe.

A lot ah fellas on here would say the FIFA ranking is crap and this and that but when it serves dey agenda they saying that this country and that country is way down the FIFA ranking so the team we playin is shit.

They say Peru inconsistent but they forget to look in the mirror.

Good posts breds, common sense right through :applause:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 11:54:11 AM »
excellent post.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 12:19:34 PM »
finally a man who talking sense....

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 12:26:47 PM »
Also Peru have some sweet 'oman.... that mus count for something!!  :P
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 06:41:32 PM »
I think we just need to get some more games under we belt,so we really feel comfortable with our chemistry
Playing those big name teams may have a negative effect on our mental preperation,if we were outplayed and got embarassed

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 07:27:41 PM »
nige boy....at this point in time trinidad need as much quality opponents as possible we cud play against. peru and iceland has played and beaten many ah big teams b4 so if we cud play teams of their calibre then its ah step in de right direction.

fully endorse dat post fada!!! :beermug: :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2006, 08:59:18 PM »
Well said .

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2006, 09:54:34 AM »
 FAITHFULISTA....nice word dey nigel....nice ring to it...hhhmmmm  FAITHFULISTA.....lol..tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2006, 10:57:07 AM »
Good post boy 'Frame'....ah see Mercier english class pay off  ;D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2006, 12:39:34 PM »
Nuff said. A south man who does talk sense. ;D

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2006, 01:07:18 PM »
i agree wholeheartedly with the spirit and gist of the post. However I must come to the defence of the forumites.

I believe the disenchantment is more directed at the fact that tnt keeps getting second guessed even with regard to friendlies. The purpose of the friendly is to prepare us to play against a team similar to the opponent in the group. Wales was and still remains a better choice than Iceland for a measure of England. Peru is a satisfactory contender to prepare us for the Paraguay game.

However, I would have no problem playing a bigger team in a friendly  getting hammered and getting a reality check early, than play some  comparatively weaker warm-ups and being led into a false sense of security, regardless of the result.

Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2006, 01:39:37 PM »
bredrin every1 talkin about iceland, they r a decent team and will give us a challenge they have alot of players playing at a high level they have helguson, gudjohnsen, hriedarson and dat keeper that was at man city and a whole lot more in the premiership and championship if leo go an coach them they would be a very good team too  ;D allyuh should know better than to put ya faith in the devil  :devil:

Offline Silver-Corbeaux

• Jr. Warrior
  • RF is really ah Trini hornchile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2006, 02:00:15 PM »

I believe the disenchantment is more directed at the fact that tnt keeps getting second guessed even with regard to friendlies. The purpose of the friendly is to prepare us to play against a team similar to the opponent in the group. Wales was and still remains a better choice than Iceland for a measure of England. Peru is a satisfactory contender to prepare us for the Paraguay game.

Ulyuh fellahs need to get some hooked on phonics. MrFli, fabien never say Iceland as a warm-up for England, try an read d man post again, dis time borrow yuh Granny reading glasses.

1]; } ?>