March 28, 2024, 01:57:28 PM

Author Topic: Now hold on there, Jack  (Read 5230 times)

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Now hold on there, Jack
« on: January 10, 2006, 09:10:42 PM »
Now hold on there, Jack
By Andrew Jennings

Opinion in the Trinidad Express

Is there a doctor in this page? If so, get round to Jack Warner's house quick. The poor man's suffering from delirium. Tell him to lie down in a cool dark room until his fantasies go away. And stay there, as long as it takes. Really, the world can wait.

Poor Jack's been raving again. He claims I've written a book with Trinidad's own Lasana Liburd, that we're ganging up together on Trinidad, on football, on Warner's entire family. He thinks we're out to endanger him and his family. Jack, Jack, it isn't so! It's just a little paranoid delusion. Take some rest, old son. Have an aspirin, or something stronger.

I've had concerns before about Jack's mental health. Whenever I meet him on the world soccer circuit, in Miami or Zurich, Seoul or Bamako I put out my hand and say, "Hello Jack!" Poor Jack barks back, "You smell!" and keeps his hands tight behind him. (Is that a straitjacket he's wearing?)

And now he's all tied up in delusions about Lasana Liburd and me ganging up on him. Jack, old fellow, relax! Lasana and I are just good friends. We haven't written a word together, and certainly not a book. And as for endangering your family, we're journalists, Jack. Perhaps you've got us muddled up with someone else. There, there, now. Lie down. Matron will be along soon to give you your enema.

Here's a sample from the 5,061 words of dementia he's posted on the T&TFF website: "There are plans afoot by Liburd and his English accomplice to initiate a series of anti-Joseph Blatter (FIFA's president)/anti-Warner campaigns in the Caribbean, later this month beginning in Jamaica."

I've visited Jamaica once, teaching journalism at the UWI campus at Mona. I do know that next month Poor Jack will be trying to destabilise the splendid JFF president Crenston Boxhill and restore past-his-sell-by-date Horace Burrell to power.

Poor Jack concludes his reference to me and Jamaica with the lunatic refrain: "Massa day done; Massa day come back!!!" He's terribly confused, poor thing, perhaps he's mistaken me for someone else.

Jack, Jack, it's me, Andrew! Andrew Jennings. I'm a journalist, Jack. I'm a fellow who was marching for Nelson Mandela's freedom back in the 1960s. You must have met people like me, before, Jack. There's millions of us all over the world. Perhaps you were marching with us. Or perhaps you weren't.

Jack, you're looking anxious. Are you hearing voices? Are you feeling dazzled by strong bright lights? Well that's all right, old son. They're real. There's Lasana Liburd shining a light on your family finances. There's Dr Thomas Bauer, liquidator in Switzerland, shining his light into the affairs of FIFA's former marketing company, the defunct ISL company and discovering evidence of bribes paid to sports officials.

And there's investigating Magistrate Thomas Hildbrand in Zurich, probing the relationship between FIFA and the bosses of ISL. In May last year Hildbrand indicted six ISL executives, alleging they'd embezzled at least US$70 million from FIFA. And back in November he raided Sepp Blatter's offices. So, I'm not surprised you're dazzled, Jack. You should be. The lights are coming on all over the football empire.

Poor Jack's terribly confused about tickets. Back in December his family company Simpaul took out ads offering, "EXCLUSIVE, tickets to T&T's First Round games in Germany-Only Simpaul Travel Service can get you into the Soca Warriors First Round Games!" Jack insisted he had a stack of tickets. Then in January he said that no tickets had been applied for.

And the latest guaranteed truth (due for revision any day) is . . . an anonymous European tour operator has "granted" Simpaul the "right" to be "exclusive" in Trinidad. Will somebody please help Jack hunt down his brain.

Call me an old fool or "Massa" if you are Jack but I'm wondering who pays for the tickets that he sells? A couple of years back, poring over the records of the Antiguan soccer association, I discovered that World Cup tickets acquired by Jack's pal Chet Greene had been charged to Antigua's account with FIFA. Antigua, like Trinidad and every other national association in the world, gets an annual grant of US$250,000 from FIFA. I've got copies of the Antiguan FIFA account. Wouldn't we all like to see Trinidad's?

Jack's confusion is dangerously contagious. San Juan MP Dr Fuad Khan, defending his friend's ticket hijack says, "This act on Mr Warner's part was not only a prudent business decision but it demonstrates the ingenuity of a simple man trying to make it in a rough world." Wow. Here's a candidate for the Integrity Commission.

Adds Khan, "Why should people question those motives? Is it because he is a man of colour?" I'm glad that Dr Khan asks this question. The answer is clogging the Internet.

Dally at your keyboard this morning, Dr Khan. You'll find Jack's ticket scandal screaming off the wires, potentially on every breakfast table newspaper, every radio and television bulletin on the planet. There's nothing about his ethnicity, the UNC or the PNM. Or me or Lasana.

Only the curious business of the FIFA vice-president and his World Cup ticket business. And how the fish rots from the head.

Papers in Berlin and Munich have published stories about "Jack the Ripper". Forbes business magazine in New York has it, so has Sports Illustrated, it's in Sao Paulo and a moment ago I saw it come up on an Indian TV news website. It's a featured story on Friday's daily emailed list of corruption horrors circulated by Transparency International. Soon the soccer chatrooms will fill up with the unrepeatable comments of fans who can't afford Jacko's prices.

They've seen that brilliant newspaper advertisement for Simpaul screaming "Ticket! Or leave it." A fair reflection of Jack and his family. But is this how Trinidad wants to be seen?

Foul! British journalist Andrew Jennings' investigation of FIFA corruption, will be published by Harper Collins this year.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 09:12:46 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Now hold on there, Jack
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 09:41:39 PM »
I am usually all for keeping our dirty laundry in our own back yard but Jack always like to remind folks how international he is, and he met this person and that person all over the world, well i guess the light is shining from all over the world.

I do find this interesting though.

Poor Jack's been raving again. He claims I've written a book with Trinidad's own Lasana Liburd, that we're ganging up together on Trinidad, on football, on Warner's entire family. He thinks we're out to endanger him and his family. Jack, Jack, it isn't so! It's just a little paranoid delusion. Take some rest, old son. Have an aspirin, or something stronger.

I guess Jack aint completely delusional
Foul! British journalist Andrew Jennings' investigation of FIFA corruption, will be published by Harper Collins this year.

Ok Mr Jennings so you AND Liburd did not write the book,but there is still a book, please dont use schemantics when reporting on a schemer.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 09:49:19 PM by Mr Mc »

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 11:32:00 PM »
Mr. MC it is NO SECRET that a book is soon to be published!

Mr. Jennings has said sosometime now.  The book is about FIFA and the corruption that is rampant in that organization.  He says the book is NOT attacking T&T, Warner and his family....! ((I don't doubt that Jack and his dealings play a large part in that book!).

The thing is, Jack created a smoke screen saying that Lasana was n collobration with Jennings, Jennings denies this is the case.  He implies that Lasana is simply his friend and not a co-author.

There are some who are just realizing that Jack and FIFA have been targeted by people demanding transparency, and honest answers to FIFA's dealings.  Others claim that these people seeking answers are nothing more than "gossip columnists, sensationalist writers and haters."

Fact is FIFA has been shady sing Havelange days and Mr. Blazer, Jack and Blatter all have the responsibility to answer the integrity questions, especially if they have nothing to hide.

Jack has foot in mouth disease.  I have said that on this forum.  He created a nasty scene with Nakid, indeed his reckless statemnts concerning David,  put Nakid and his family in danger of an attack from an angry fan, especially if we had lost to Bahrain.

Then there were his "Jamaica sell-out," statements which were blatant fabrications.  Creston Boxhill upon receiving the call from Bahrain called Jack Warner and asked for his blessings.  Jack said it would be ok and an opportunity to further scout the Bahranis.  He them went on to make remarks concerning the million dollars and a villa and a car staements...all later refuted by all concerned.  The JFF then stated that they ahd never even finalized a game farless any training camp for the Bahranis and that they were not even contemplating suspending their local league.

More of Jack speak is evident in his Simapul "Ticket or leave it scam!

I trust Andrew Jennings much more than I trust Jack Warner and that is a smart thing to do!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 11:54:15 PM by truetrini »

Offline sureflow

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 11:42:35 PM »
I hold no brief for Jack Warner but he raised a valid point about Trinis not giving financial support towards sports and culture. Ask Crawford, Bolton, Bovel, Desperadoes, Renegades, Strike Squad, Lord Shorty, etc. We don't support our heroes. Maybe entertainment is not high on our agenda or we are getting enough of that from our politicians.

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 11:56:25 PM »
I hold no brief for Jack Warner but he raised a valid point about Trinis not giving financial support towards sports and culture. Ask Crawford, Bolton, Bovel, Desperadoes, Renegades, Strike Squad, Lord Shorty, etc. We don't support our heroes. Maybe entertainment is not high on our agenda or we are getting enough of that from our politicians.

By the public do you mean the Government or the man in the street?  I mean if you are talking about the man in the street exactly how do you propose they go about supporting their heroes?

Personally, I do not believe that Trinis are not as sport loving as we think.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 01:19:16 AM »
Wow. i cant get enough of this Jack bashing nah. These daily news reports have to be hurting him, but i wish that some judge and judicial system somewhere can really put the hurtin on him where it counts, i.e. IN HIS POCKETS! A couple years as some jail meat would also be appropriate. That damn Scamp......
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 03:56:34 AM »
Is Bolton u write dey? LAWD.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline lihalquay

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 05:44:06 AM »
Personally, I do not believe that Trinis are not as sport loving as we think.

Well if we are sport loving we are probably one of the most passive sport loving people in the world. 

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 05:55:59 AM »

Wheeey sar .. Yes is Bolton He really rite dey.!

Sorry you hadda get a Ticket!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 06:07:32 AM »

well i know wondering if i see right. Bolton?? WTF  :rotfl:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 08:12:27 AM »
ONe word.....................WATERLOO

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 09:38:02 AM »
ato?? you related to the singer micheal bolton ???  if so ...get a cd for my granmother nah...thanks
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 09:41:59 AM »
Look at that, where all the big guns on the forum who knows everything.....not a post on this topic. Maybe it to straight, to truthy?, or just not for our liking.

Why don't we make a move to bring some transparency on the whole issue of TTFF and Mr. Warner, instead of just bussing up we mouth here behind the screen where we are anonymous.

I know someone will say you saying that but how. Well lets put our heads together and see what we come up wiith. Or do we like how things are going. Cause those two warm up games is BS, no matter what anyone say. We have so much issues to deal with in our team (like our defensive issues), that the TTff should be lobbying to get our Inter. players back home as soon as possible.

In another post I read this morning someone said we had our player set, but we don't have our team. People this is not the Qauilifiers, this is the real deal. When we get there then some of us will understand.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 10:33:23 AM »
Look at that, where all the big guns on the forum who knows everything.....not a post on this topic. Maybe it to straight, to truthy?, or just not for our liking.

Why don't we make a move to bring some transparency on the whole issue of TTFF and Mr. Warner, instead of just bussing up we mouth here behind the screen where we are anonymous.

I know someone will say you saying that but how. Well lets put our heads together and see what we come up wiith. Or do we like how things are going. Cause those two warm up games is BS, no matter what anyone say. We have so much issues to deal with in our team (like our defensive issues), that the TTff should be lobbying to get our Inter. players back home as soon as possible.

In another post I read this morning someone said we had our player set, but we don't have our team. People this is not the Qauilifiers, this is the real deal. When we get there then some of us will understand.

Take de lead. I am appointing yuh as Vice President of FAWK  Federaton Against Warner's Kingdom.   yuh have de ticket now!

As it is no secret that jack owns de ttff and runs it ;like he is ah despotic king...your job should you accept it,,,is tuh get dese no good posters here organized to take him down and restore the natural order of things.

your mission:

1,  get jack and expose him as a crook
2,  get ollie removed from de ttff
3,  bring transparency tuh de ttff
4,  get de rights to dem tix from simpauls travel

ticket or leave it!

Offline lihalquay

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 10:36:34 AM »
You are the most vocal about Jack Warner why don't you take the lead?

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 10:38:49 AM »

yow, yuh  know how many letters i send out tuh different organizations, print and broadcast aboiut warner?

what you do?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2006, 11:27:10 AM »
Mr. MC it is NO SECRET that a book is soon to be published!

Mr. Jennings has said sosometime now.  The book is about FIFA and the corruption that is rampant in that organization.  He says the book is NOT attacking T&T, Warner and his family....! ((I don't doubt that Jack and his dealings play a large part in that book!).

The thing is, Jack created a smoke screen saying that Lasana was n collobration with Jennings, Jennings denies this is the case.  He implies that Lasana is simply his friend and not a co-author.

There are some who are just realizing that Jack and FIFA have been targeted by people demanding transparency, and honest answers to FIFA's dealings.  Others claim that these people seeking answers are nothing more than "gossip columnists, sensationalist writers and haters."

Fact is FIFA has been shady sing Havelange days and Mr. Blazer, Jack and Blatter all have the responsibility to answer the integrity questions, especially if they have nothing to hide.

Jack has foot in mouth disease.  I have said that on this forum.  He created a nasty scene with Nakid, indeed his reckless statemnts concerning David,  put Nakid and his family in danger of an attack from an angry fan, especially if we had lost to Bahrain.

Then there were his "Jamaica sell-out," statements which were blatant fabrications.  Creston Boxhill upon receiving the call from Bahrain called Jack Warner and asked for his blessings.  Jack said it would be ok and an opportunity to further scout the Bahranis.  He them went on to make remarks concerning the million dollars and a villa and a car staements...all later refuted by all concerned.  The JFF then stated that they ahd never even finalized a game farless any training camp for the Bahranis and that they were not even contemplating suspending their local league.

More of Jack speak is evident in his Simapul "Ticket or leave it scam!

I trust Andrew Jennings much more than I trust Jack Warner and that is a smart thing to do!

TT I real agree with you on this post...

yow, yuh know how many letters i send out tuh different organizations, print and broadcast aboiut warner?

what you do?

anybody who reading the board know men like you and ff and few others doh be wastin' time criticizin' others about not writin and sittin on yuh hands.

Offline lihalquay

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2006, 12:00:09 PM »
I have not written about Jack Warner to the different organisation. Then again that might be viewed as a cowardly act but I never accuse people of anything unless I have all the facts. However when I do..watch out!!!
You may have all the facts and congratulations to you for writing the different organisations, that was a very brave and  forward thinking thing to do. Question, what was their general response to your letters?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2006, 12:02:54 PM »
Question, what was their general response to your letters?

BIG LIGHT SHINING ON TTFF AND JACK WARNER....

Do not underestimate the power of the written word... our letters contributed to what is going on right now with Warner backpedalling

We have to keep up de pressure now
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2006, 02:34:25 PM »
Question, what was their general response to your letters?

BIG LIGHT SHINING ON TTFF AND JACK WARNER....

Do not underestimate the power of the written word... our letters contributed to what is going on right now with Warner backpedalling

We have to keep up de pressure now

I wasnt even about tuh answer she nah..but thanks FF

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2006, 05:43:57 AM »
WC in six months, tickets or leave goh be sell out by then , allyuh feel apart from de entertainment we does find or get from bashing Jack anything going to change ?
iI sorry ah went an sine up wid Simpauls, ah not letting anything stop this waggon from seeing TT in Germany an feeling de feeling.

Yuh know how much time ah buy all inclusive ticket an get rip off ?
So to hell wid all inclusive fete all mih money gone in Simpaul.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2006, 09:34:57 AM »
WC in six months, tickets or leave goh be sell out by then , allyuh feel apart from de entertainment we does find or get from bashing Jack anything going to change ?
iI sorry ah went an sine up wid Simpauls, ah not letting anything stop this waggon from seeing TT in Germany an feeling de feeling.

I thought the Simpauls website said you have to source your own tickets from FIFA or TTFF, if that is the case why then did you pay so much for this package with no WC ticets, no airplane ticket and no ground transportation??
you must be really wanted the tshirt and them that come in the package!!!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2006, 09:41:10 AM »

I thought the Simpauls website said you have to source your own tickets from FIFA or TTFF, if that is the case why then did you pay so much for this package with no WC ticets, no airplane ticket and no ground transportation??

but remember they first promised tickets were included when it was 30k, now they change it to no tix at 27k. Yuh better start working on a refund - time to get a lawyer.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2006, 09:48:09 AM »

but remember they first promised tickets were included when it was 30k, now they change it to no tix at 27k. Yuh better start working on a refund - time to get a lawyer.

Since dey now offering the package without tickets, does this mean that their ticket have been sold out  ???
Live large and prosper!

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2006, 10:18:57 AM »

Since dey now offering the package without tickets, does this mean that their ticket have been sold out  ???

I think it means too many eyes watching the TTFF tickets so Jack cyah dip in the stash no more.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2006, 10:37:57 AM »
I see real Warner bashing going on this tread...allyuh remember a tread last year where real men say Warner DESERVES the Trinity Cross for getting we to the WC ?

All the time I saying Warner is a scamp.
Ollie Camps is he patsy...and TTFF is de gravy train.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2006, 05:06:28 AM »
Westcoast, ah back in Trini for de christmas , new year an ah do some eye surgery (ole age f**ked up).
Lota drinking no time fuh mih second favorit past time.
De package ah sign up for includes tickets.
The decision was not a lightly taken one.
Firstly , in all my travels I have used travel agents to book airline and hotel, so I really have no experience with online bookings and whether they are strictly honored. { I would not like to get to Germany and the front desk at the hotel asking who de ass is fishs !!!}
Second thing is after talking to some other pardners {who like me hold no brief for JW but doh really care whta he do again} we worked out that procrastinating and wasting time cussing about de whole situation could end up leaving us standing at home.
Third, we also found out that after the whole ticket allocation process is done, ordinary people will probably not know if they will get tickets until April/May. To me that will be too late to plan the trip.
Remember people like Nigel Comacho, Pantin etc asking TTFF for tickets for de longest time and I also understand that BP and BG now join in the thing and willing to make big donations to TTFF for blocks of tickets. So after all that sorted out and they say in April dey have 1500 odd tickets available in April/ May for the ordinary supporter, to it too late.

So ah guess you could say ah succumb to de pressure, but say what in 73' ah was 13 an couldn't dream of ever being in de position to see T&T play in ah WC, so ah guess ah living ah dream now and ah hope the men that use different means to get to the WC are successful and get there safely.
Ah want de woman on de bass

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2006, 07:10:37 AM »

who dey fooling?  who de arse go buy ah package without ah ticket?

steups!

1]; } ?>