April 29, 2024, 12:47:30 AM

Author Topic: Peru and Iceland  (Read 13935 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: PERU and ICELAND
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2006, 07:03:27 PM »
RF must be praying an thanking god dat tnt didnt have to rest sum liks on dem

ya geh away yardie

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Peru and Iceland
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2006, 07:23:09 PM »
yeh boi i sure he say a lil prayer  :D

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2006, 08:49:09 PM »
I not really vex about Peru becuz they don't do too bad in S. America.  Peru have this fella who plays for PSV, Farfan.

What really annoyin me is that they had promised we would play Czech Republic and there's no word on that.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2006, 08:55:22 PM »
yuh cant b serious, ah rather play jamaica than iceland and peru, come nah man, warner is an asshole, real asshole, he get he money, and we playing iceland, what de hell is dis?

Iceland have some decent players.. And they are better than Jamaica..

wha bout Faroe Islands?? >:(
ps thanks oconnor

No scene, doing my forum duty

how u figure oconorg? ja ranked much higher than iceland, iceland ranked 94th in fifa, explain dat one 2 me, gese boy, how we will b ready for the world cup, playing dese teams, ah waste of we time, de ttff are idiots

FIFA rankings is shit.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2006, 08:59:43 PM »
yuh cant b serious, ah rather play jamaica than iceland and peru, come nah man, warner is an asshole, real asshole, he get he money, and we playing iceland, what de hell is dis?

Iceland have some decent players.. And they are better than Jamaica..

wha bout Faroe Islands?? >:(
ps thanks oconnor

No scene, doing my forum duty

how u figure oconorg? ja ranked much higher than iceland, iceland ranked 94th in fifa, explain dat one 2 me, gese boy, how we will b ready for the world cup, playing dese teams, ah waste of we time, de ttff are idiots

FIFA rankings is shit.

ent...JA coulda ever rank in front ah we in dis day and age?

I think someone mentioned here it have to do with d combined teams (men and women etc) and advances made to the local game dat factor in. With d lady warriors on d up we might rise a bit by this months rank (hopefully)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2006, 09:06:27 PM »
Socawarrior fans...llike allyah do understand our position on the footballl food chain. Allyah vex. Right now Icelandc and Peruvian fans more vex dan us wonndering theiir Federations set up such a shitty friendly. Teams that eh going to the WC rather play a good side or go on vacation...

Peru full strength team beating us more often than not.
Doh know much about Iceland...but I guarantee iif they have a full strength  team it go be a hrd game.

Beggars cyah be choosers...and in the international football arena..we are beggars..make no mistake aboutt that

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2006, 09:23:12 PM »
fellas i know everybody vex cause TTFF is  bunch of idiots...but peru and iceland not that bad dred....we start off with some easier teams and progress to the harder ones...these are only the first 2 friendlies...we still have czech and the rest(hopefully) to look forward too in the Austria camp...

Peru just inconsistent...they not that bad.....they draw against uruguay 0-0, and beat them 3-1 in the last world cup qualifier...furthermore they beat paraguay 4-1, and tie dem 1-1....the same paraguay we playing....so they can't be that bad...(even though they lose to venezuela 4-1)

Iceland isn't that bad either..they only lose to sweden 3-1 in the last world cup qulaifier....

i know they have better team we could be playing....but small steps, and hopefully we could beat these teams and get some confidence...

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2006, 09:26:32 PM »
I am not the happiest but at least we not playing Jamaica. I good for now ;D

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2006, 10:22:21 PM »
We get licks from Alianza Lima and allyuh vex we playing Peru??  STEUPS. 
Peru is a BIG side for T&T to play

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2006, 10:34:23 PM »
me eh mind peru,  i think they play the same kinda football dat paraguay does play,  but i vex dat we get iceland......i never knew people live dey. is first time ah hearing dey have a team. we coulda atleast get a better team dan dat like belgium or one ah dem african team.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2006, 11:10:16 PM »
me eh mind peru,  i think they play the same kinda football dat paraguay does play,  but i vex dat we get iceland......i never knew people live dey. is first time ah hearing dey have a team. we coulda atleast get a better team dan dat like belgium or one ah dem african team.

Iceland is a green country, Greenland is an icy country.

Yuh didn't have Seseme Street when yuh was growing up?  ;D

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2006, 11:49:26 PM »
Peru and Iceland
Allyuh ent SHAME....look doh let meh Cuss..... >:(  All this MAMAGUY..er playing Argentian.then Brazil,then Uruguay...oh and wait we playing Holland.... ???
Come Jack Come :bringiton:.....yuh testing we SocaWarrior Fans.. :arguing: Take this... :challenge: :challenge: :challenge:...Yuh think we is a set of  :clown:...While you andOli Camps Pimping :chilling:...We was Praising you  :notworthy:...yeah boy give Jack he Jacket... :wavetowel: but yuhhhh onnnnnlllly   Yaapppiiing shhiiiittttt :yapping: that meh head hurting now...:banginghead:..
Ah say it, how ah see it

truetrini

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2006, 11:55:59 PM »
Peru and Iceland
Allyuh ent SHAME....look doh let meh Cuss..... >:(  All this MAMAGUY..er playing Argentian.then Brazil,then Uruguay...oh and wait we playing Holland.... ???
Come Jack Come :bringiton:.....yuh testing we SocaWarrior Fans.. :arguing: Take this... :challenge: :challenge: :challenge:...Yuh think we is a set of  :clown:...While you andOli Camps Pimping :chilling:...We was Praising you  :notworthy:...yeah boy give Jack he Jacket... :wavetowel: but yuhhhh onnnnnlllly   Yaapppiiing shhiiiittttt :yapping: that meh head hurting now...:banginghead:..

who is de we?  Yuh pregnant again or what?

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2006, 12:22:00 AM »
Presuming Germany top Group A and we come 2nd in Group B. Then when we face Germany how the &^#^%$&  will warm ups against Peru and Iceland help..

We need to play some more competitive teams than that man. Peru I could swallow. But Iceland ???

Na breds

Offline Auburn Trini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2006, 12:59:54 AM »
To me Peru and Iceland ent bad for the first two warm up games..... serious ... imagine if we was playin Argentina and Norway for de first two.... dat seem like some dred cut ass from early..... dat wouldn't help de players

nah man... we have to ease de players back into de team...... remember most of them players wouldn't have played together since de bahrain game.... plus honestly.... Peru ent goin to be no roll over team dred..... don't know much about Iceland but I sure Beenie had some say in which teams to pick.... and I'm sure he find some similarities in the styles of football....

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2006, 01:04:34 AM »
Ah know because of de FIFA ranking system Peru and Iceland eh looking like formidable opponents, but they both have far more exposure and experience playing against some big teams in world soccer than us.

I still would have preferred T&T playing ah Norway or Uraguay, but de TTFF still negotiating dem other friendlies in May, so leh we keep we fingers crossed for some top opposition that will best prepare us for Group B.

Oh, ah surprised I eh get cuss yet for inciting ah anti-jamaican posting riot  :devil: Well meh intel may not have been on point this rounds but  2 outta 3 still eh bad. ;D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 01:07:38 AM by Fire Brand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2006, 01:13:01 AM »
yeh u go hav to tink twice b4 u release ya nex 1  ;D

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2006, 02:14:35 AM »
who is de we?  Yuh pregnant again or what?

Yuh know TRUTRINI..ah had a good one for yuh but outta respect for yuh, today is your lucky day...Here you go buddy...ONE FREE DONT CUTUP TRUTRINI DOGGIE SNACK..
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 02:22:57 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2006, 03:29:52 AM »
perus a decent side to play. maybe a more sexier side woulda been better for our home send-off. but hey, at least we havin a home send-off, at least its announced we will

i still cant get over the fact we officially announced games with wales,bulgaria, czech rep. and those just disappeared into space. haha jack.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 03:46:16 AM by supporter »
Hart for president

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2006, 03:42:30 AM »
With all this talk about how disappointing those teams are, we better BEAT DEM!

Offline lizzard1910

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2006, 04:59:19 AM »
Iceland is not a great squad, but certainly better than Bahrain, Guatemala etc.
And they play "English-style", so to me a good preperation!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2006, 05:26:53 AM »
I would have preferred to play Australia but for our first match since November with little time to prepare as a team, Iceland will be a good match for T&T.

Here are Iceland's results in WCQ.  They lost big to Sweden and Croatia but their matches against Hungary and Bulgaria were close.

12-Oct-2005 STOCKHOLM (Sweden) Sweden - Iceland 3:1 (2:1)

07-Sep-2005 SOFIA (Bulgaria) Bulgaria - Iceland 3:2 (1:2)

03-Sep-2005 REYKJAVIK (Iceland) Iceland - Croatia 1:3 (1:0)

08-Jun-2005 REYKJAVIK (Iceland) Iceland - Malta 4:1 (2:0)

04-Jun-2005 REYKJAVIK (Iceland) Iceland - Hungary 2:3 (1:1)

26-Mar-2005 ZAGREB (Croatia) Croatia - Iceland 4:0 (1:0)

13-Oct-2004 REYKJAVIK (Iceland) Iceland - Sweden 1:4 (0:4)

09-Oct-2004 VALLETTA (Malta) Malta - Iceland 0:0

08-Sep-2004 BUDAPEST (Hungary) Hungary - Iceland 3:2 (0:1)

04-Sep-2004 REYKJAVIK (Iceland) Iceland - Bulgaria 1:3 (0:1)

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2006, 05:36:27 AM »
Men getting real chain up,Icland and Peru and men complaining, men head swelling fast and bad,if we get these two games it will be a good start then we could get a couple other stronger teams later on before the WC.I see some Football genuises saying we should start preparations with games against much stronger teams?Fellas dont get wax with allyuh emotions.
tell them it was me

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2006, 06:02:11 AM »
What are we complaining about really. Iceland is not a bad team, they are Scandanavian like Sweden and were in a tough group for WCQ which included Sweden, Croatia, Bulgaria, Hungary and Malta. That's a harder group that the Hex. Iceland is a very good opponent and are quite capable of beating us if we played like the way we did against Bahrain. Peru, they are not world beaters but T&T isn't either and if they bring their full squad we will more than get a run for our money. PSV's Jefferson Farfan is a player of very good quality. These games will give us a fair gauge of how much work we'll still need to do.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2006, 06:03:44 AM »
Presuming Germany top Group A and we come 2nd in Group B. Then when we face Germany how the &^#^%$&  will warm ups against Peru and Iceland help..

So I guess getting licks from Brazil or Argentina 5-0 in a friendly would be better preparation for when we face Germany in the second round?  At least we will get back accustomed to collecting 5   ::)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2006, 07:30:47 AM »
Men getting real chain up,Icland and Peru and men complaining, men head swelling fast and bad.  I see some Football genuises saying we should start preparations with games against much stronger teams?

Fellas dont get wax with allyuh emotions.

i agree ironman, i ent know wat wrong wit us.  Who do we think we are?  Peru are a very strong team, in fact they are stronger than all the teams in the Hex except mexico and USA.

they have some excellent players like Farfan from PSV, Solano from Aston villa, and both Pizzaro and Claudio Paolo Guerrero from Bayern Munich.

Iceland is also a very nice breakout team for us to face so that we can gauge ourselves properly against a mediocre team with a similar style to england and sweden.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2006, 08:11:15 AM »
Men getting real chain up,Icland and Peru and men complaining, men head swelling fast and bad. I see some Football genuises saying we should start preparations with games against much stronger teams?

Fellas dont get wax with allyuh emotions.

i agree ironman, i ent know wat wrong wit us. Who do we think we are? Peru are a very strong team, in fact they are stronger than all the teams in the Hex except mexico and USA.

they have some excellent players like Farfan from PSV, Solano from Aston villa, and both Pizzaro and Claudio Paolo Guerrero from Bayern Munich.

Iceland is also a very nice breakout team for us to face so that we can gauge ourselves properly against a mediocre team with a similar style to england and sweden.

I was basically on de fence with those friendlies, but I am convinced now..  Is decent teams we geh .... 

De pressure building!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2006, 08:19:58 AM »
well this better than another friendly against bermuda or barbados. hopefully, they bring thier full sides with man like solano and gudjohnsen (sp).

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2006, 08:26:14 AM »
Doh matter who playing as long as we playing and winning, going into Germany.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2006, 09:04:29 AM »

Some men really doh have any football sense.  You play games that mirror your future opponents.

Therefore:

Peru ---> Paraguay

Iceland ---> Sweden (both Scandanavian teams, similar styles although of course Sweden has better players)

1]; } ?>