April 27, 2024, 05:57:47 AM

Author Topic: Bobby Zamora and Jlloyd Samuel cleared to play?  (Read 18920 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby Zamora and Jlloyd Samuel cleared to play?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2005, 05:33:38 AM »
Just because he has rejected us in the past does not mean that he will not be committed to us (shaka is the perfect example of that). 

I will go on record as saying that Bobby Zamora does not rub me right, but i believe that if he is willing to play, and he comes into the team and blends in well, then i believe that he should be given the chance!

I dont think that he will bail on us after the world cup though, he is only 24 years old! The only problem is that he might not feel de urge to come and play for us under ah shit coach if beenie man gone and dey put anton corneal!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2005, 05:53:26 AM »
I agree totally with you for the sentimental value and Trini Pride. I must say this though on the professional side what you are saying is BS.... We must field the best team possible. If we fail with out them that is not going to do any thing for the Country... If we fail with them atleast we can say we put our best forward.... We need to trust the coach. In the world of professional sports there is no place for what you are saying.
We are beginning to sound like kids on a park crying "I don't want him play" "It's my ball if I don't get pic I going home with it."
Please stop the childish bickering and Trust what your coach is doing. Remember he is not Trinidadian(good thing) therefore I am glad that sentimental thing is not going to play a strong factor. 

Themanfriday
Who am I
Full Warrior

Re: Name one player you would add to de Warriors
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2005, 09:39:24 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is crazy when people talk about changing laws only to help a sporting event. Not talking into consideration the other unwanted people that may slip through using those laws. loop holes....... Law are made to protect the citizens of a country the moment we question the and not truely evaluate the consequences 

HYPOCRITE

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: BOBBY ZAMORE ETC
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2005, 05:56:16 AM »
To be honest whether we like him or not, I saw him play a few times including twice this week and he is a good player, he run at defenders and can shoot pretty good. Scored 2 great goals this week, one was nominated top goal of the week.

i totally agree, i think he is quite a good player
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2005, 06:14:23 AM »
How am I being a hipocrite. Explain youself or are you just to uneducated to understand..
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2005, 06:14:34 AM »
Let Zamora come on the squad..and bench whole World Cup !! And make sure he get a corbeaux in a friendly before the tournament to make sure he cah play for England again too...!!

I too bad mind, i too bad mind...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2005, 06:28:33 AM »
How am I being a hipocrite. Explain youself or are you just to uneducated to understand..

ManFriday yuh is ah imps dread, you asking me how you are a hypocrite, anybody who read dem two posts can see that.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2005, 06:32:26 AM »
No one is talking about changing laws to let him play.. If he qualifies under the presant law then he qualifies.. It all in the fact of puting the best team forward. If he does not then he does not. Or are you to ignorant to comprehend. Iam not going to continue to argue this point with you let the coaches handle thier business. The he that I am reffering to is the coach Beniee when i say he is not Trinidadian. Or again are you to ignorant to understand
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 06:35:19 AM by Themanfriday »
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2005, 06:38:42 AM »
I agree totally with you for the sentimental value and Trini Pride. I must say this though on the professional side what you are saying is BS.... We must field the best team possible. If we fail with out them that is not going to do any thing for the Country... If we fail with them atleast we can say we put our best forward.... We need to trust the coach. In the world of professional sports there is no place for what you are saying.
We are beginning to sound like kids on a park crying "I don't want him play" "It's my ball if I don't get pic I going home with it."
Please stop the childish bickering and Trust what your coach is doing. Remember he is not Trinidadian(good thing) therefore I am glad that sentimental thing is not going to play a strong factor. 

Themanfriday
Who am I
Full Warrior

Re: Name one player you would add to de Warriors
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2005, 09:39:24 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is crazy when people talk about changing laws only to help a sporting event. Not talking into consideration the other unwanted people that may slip through using those laws. loop holes....... Law are made to protect the citizens of a country the moment we question the and not truely evaluate the consequences 

HYPOCRITE

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Hey, Ras, just as ah lil' reminder...I came across that same post a couple days ago, and if I remember correctly you were making the point about not changing the laws with respect to if a player had ties to T&T not through birth, but though grandparents.  Bobby Zamora wasn't being debated...it was Ellington, i believe.  Just ah lil' reminder

:cheers:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 06:40:17 AM by fidel2xl »
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2005, 06:39:58 AM »
what's the difference between Zamorra and Shaka? You all will say that Shaka played before we qualified for a WC...but he turned us down on more occasions than Zamorra did in hopes for playing for England. And maybe if he came on board earlier when we needed him this would not be our first WC. Maybe. I am of the belief that Beenie will do what his best for the team. I also believe that no matter what his intentions are, Zamorra will bleed in his boots...the English are just programmed that way. He will also have committed to TnT and will continue to play for us after the WC becasue this will be his only form of international football and he will be dying to please the fans becasue he knows he has a lot to make up for. Perfect situation for TnT as far as I am concerened. I also believe that everyone deserves a chance to make up for their mistakes...he is still a young fellow and we are acting like we have only made perfect honorable decisions all of our lives..and we all know what happens if you forgive and move on...you could end up with a Shaka Hislop

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2005, 06:48:55 AM »
No one is talking about changing laws to let him play.. If he qualifies under the presant law then he qualifies.. It all in the fact of puting the best team forward. If he does not then he does not. Or are you to ignorant to comprehend. Iam not going to continue to argue this point with you let the coaches handle thier business. The he that I am reffering to is the coach Beniee when i say he is not Trinidadian. Or again are you to ignorant to understand

Friday yuh is ah waggonnist dread and is long time i watching yuh.
Yuh hardly know anything about the footballers and yuh want to pass a comment.
Read my post and yuh will see dee name Nathan Ellington.

Friday answer this one, if yuh have grandchilren in Germany sometime in the future, do you know that they cannot play for T&T because of the citizenship laws? That's what i'm trying to point out.
Now will you be happy to see them play for Germany or T&T danke?

Yuh never answer the question though.
On the question of ignorance, who is it that was fighting for another country's army?  Me or you?

Mr fahrenheit 9/11

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2005, 06:56:47 AM »
No triniman, I would not be vex if the others come to play. I don't like Zamora because of the way he went about things. Shakes and these guys have at least considered us, Zamora up to this point had not done so and still there is no public statement saying the he would be committed. This guy was asked twice and turned us down on two occasions. If we had not made World Cup would he come and play for us? I think not. This guy is a blatant hyprocite and TTFF should have to bow low for him because he is nothing. He has no amazing records and although he has found a recent good run of form; it is what it is 'form' and not class. He is in EPL and that is about the best and only thing he have going for him. This is not an adoption agency, its a football team and T&T is not second-class to anyone. We are a proud nation and Bobby Zamora has looked down us TWICE !!! why should we give him the honour of wearing the RED, WHITE AND BLACK...I could say more but you be the judge..Go T&T

Boss zamora is class like it or not he is a natural striker and i agree with airforce jones is now releaning to become a striker again .Plus zamora said he would join trinidad after 3 years id englsnd dont give him a call
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2005, 08:01:01 AM »
so where is de report on dis and ah know people will say where de report on hardest, doh worry it comin

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2005, 08:10:51 AM »
Nuff people concentratin on Zamora dis and Zamora dat talkin a setta ting bout he diss we and he is shithong.

Well de same shithong actually playin in de EPL and gettin playin time.

Look at we strikers?  Who gettin regular playin time wit dey clubs?

Stern eh even see a bench since de last Bahrain match and de way how tings lookin fuh he, mightn't see one till de English season done.

Kenwyne now get a lil run out and at least he might get a few consistent runs

Scott Sealey eh play and will not be playin until MLS start and even dat iffy because Kansas City eh sure to have a franchise by de time de nex season start.

Cornell Glen in same boat as Scott Sealey

Jason Scotland is de ONLY ONE of we strikers gettin regular playin time wit dey club.

So nobody eh studyin dem ting.  We number one striker NOT PLAYIN and man bumpin dey gum bout a setta dotishness wit Zamora.  Me eh know bout allyuh, but me eh want to go World Cup to colleck 8 and 9 goal and score none and say it was good enough jes to be dey because DAT will set we football back even further than makin de world cup would be a positive.

We NEED AT THIS TIME players like J Lloyd Samuel (especially...#1 PRIORITY) AND Bobby Zamora.  I watch de Sydney vs Saprissa game dis mornin and only tellin myself if we had a left back like de man who play fuh Sydney, we go be alright.  A man who could actually trap and pass de ball accurately on a consistent basis.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2005, 08:16:13 AM »
Here We go again- The Coach will decide and I dont care if they come from Alaska. The best eleven will start. As a reminder, we said the same thing about Yorke and Latapy.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2005, 08:17:18 AM »
Here We go again- The Coach will decide and I dont care if they come from Alaska. The best eleven will start. As a reminder, we said the same thing about Yorke and Latapy.

Amen.  And I was one who said Yorke & Latapy should never play again for T&T.  I was WRONG.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2005, 08:25:26 AM »

Amen.  And I was one who said Yorke & Latapy should never play again for T&T.  I was WRONG.

I said the same thing, but it was based on the Yorke and Latapy of old, these guys are committed and dedicated, so the same will be expected of J Lloyd and Zamora and continued commitment, as we know Yorke and Latas going to retire after the WC.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2005, 08:30:35 AM »
:rotfl:
It true though, as long as they respect the nation & play their heart out I think thats all that counts.
Pioneer Trini: Why you calling the man Scum  :rotfl: You been around those NF QPR fans in West London a bit too much :rotfl:

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2005, 08:38:52 AM »
if dey help de team den bring dem in

Offline skinnytrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2005, 09:24:38 AM »
Please tell me anybody how zamora amd samuel qualify to play for T&T ....althought i'm english my mother was born in trinidad (chaguanas) I am applying for all trinis games and i will be supporting trini allways support the underdog ...i remember all the jokes i was recieving in the 80's early 90's when west indies was a force in the cricket world and beat england 5-0 etc etc So i will die happy to see T&T play in the world cup so fingers cross the atmosphere at the grounds will wicked  GO TRINIS althoght i'm not 100% trini by birth i'm proud of the little i have. Maybe people can tell us how successfull they have been getting tickets ? peace

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2005, 09:31:41 AM »
If Zamora, Samuel, and whoever else are eligible to play, we must name them to the squad; at least look at them in training camp. It's too bad that FIFA took away one of the play dates.  Leo will have some tough roster decisions to make at the last minute with so many "new" players to look at from now until May. 

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2005, 09:44:27 AM »
i doh mind samuel he'll be a great plus on defense and he also wanted to play way before de bahrain games i think,  but i not sure about zamora. did zamora turn down offers when beenhakker was in power? if he did turn down T&T while beenhakker was in power,  he shouldn't come and play. on de otherhand,  we'll need all de talent we can get.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2005, 10:02:32 AM »
i doh mind samuel he'll be a great plus on defense and he also wanted to play way before de bahrain games i think,  but i not sure about zamora. did zamora turn down offers when beenhakker was in power? if he did turn down T&T while beenhakker was in power,  he shouldn't come and play. on de otherhand,  we'll need all de talent we can get.

BOTH turned down offers from Beenhakker earlier in the campaign.  Invite them to train with the team and if they EARN a pick...pick them.  Simple.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2005, 10:10:30 AM »

BOTH turned down offers from Beenhakker earlier in the campaign. Invite them to train with the team and if they EARN a pick...pick them. Simple.

oh i didnt know they both turned down offers.........but yea i do agree with u on that.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2005, 10:47:30 AM »
so where is de report on dis and ah know people will say where de report on hardest, doh worry it comin
Spoke to a buddy ah mine in trini who works at sports and games,he say early this morning rumors started to fly about zamora and jlloyd being cleared to play,but nothing official yet,he did say they are coming from very powerful sources.

The Drama Continues.....   

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2005, 04:09:20 PM »
It is over 12 hrs I asked this questioned and it ain't get confirm as yet. I spoke to a person who works in the PFL: and she said they get clear but again nothing confirm.

If it ain't true I calling jamal on Total Football next week and tell him to get a job with the National Enquirer as he into rumours.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2005, 04:21:49 PM »
All this is BULLSHIT and a waste of time since it is not confirmed and was not psoted with any reliable sources......L
Warrior For Life !!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2005, 07:52:53 PM »
I never claimed to be working 4 a media house I asked if anybody heard as it was said by someone who suppose to know.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2005, 07:59:16 PM »
I never claimed to be working 4 a media house I asked if anybody heard as it was said by someone who suppose to know.

Yea freal weary was jus askin a question so allyuh take it easy

Offline jmds

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2005, 02:52:11 AM »
You've all been talking about Zamora but I reckon the real coup would be in getting Samuel.  He was one of the most consistent left-backs in the Premiership for a couple of seasons.  Problem is, he's having a nightmare this year when if he'd carried on his previous form he might well have been ahead of the likes of Warnock and Konchesky in the England reckoning.  As an Englishman I can tell you, we'll have missed a trick if he moves on to play for you.

Peace

Jon

Offline ballfever

• Jr. Warrior
  • Dream d'dream, live d'game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2005, 11:46:43 AM »
This is not an adoption agency, its a football team and T&T is not second-class to anyone. We are a proud nation and Bobby Zamora has looked down us TWICE !!! why should we give him the honour of wearing the RED, WHITE AND BLACK...I could say more but you be the judge..Go T&T

is a good thing beenie not a trini, for all ah we sakes yes! d man first mission was to get we to d WC finals...mission accomplished. d next mission is to take we as close as possible to d actual cup....first step:get outta d group stage....whedda he playin zamora,jlloyd,stern,patrick :joker: or uncle bas! :clown: we could feel how we want, beenie have a track record of callin it as he (and ONLY he)see it e.g men callin for stern head on a platter. when it come dong to crunch time, 11 men goh take d field wit a battle plan, an if zamora cud play he role in d battle plan,we go collect d win. plain and simple...no fuss, no emotion. win first, anything else after! :challenge:
if yuh check mih heart in mih chest, mix up wit d'red blood, it have a black & white stripe somewhere in dey!.....long b4 foot ball,durin' world cup and after..T&T FOREVER! WE COUNTRY, WE SPIRIT,WE VIBES! WARRIOR NATION!

1]; } ?>