March 29, 2024, 04:42:20 AM

Author Topic: Parents first, as Warriors enquire about family tickets  (Read 916 times)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Parents first, as Warriors enquire about family tickets
« on: January 11, 2006, 10:22:11 PM »
By: Nigel Simon
Trinidad Guardian

National Football ambassador Austin Jack Warner yesterday said that parents of members of the Soca Warriors will be given priority to purchase tickets for the World Cup Finals in Germany.
Warner said that while in England over the weekend, he met with the players, who asked if their parents would be able to get tickets for the World Cup matches.
He said that he assured the players that all parents of members of the team who wanted tickets would be facilitated.
“That’s all the guys asked for during the meeting and I must commend them for their level of professionalism in dealing with our matters,” said Warner, who was speaking at a media briefing at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, to announce the arrival date of the World Cup trophy, via the Fifa World Cup Trophy Tour.
Warner also confirmed that the Football Federation would be granted its full quota of eight per cent of the tickets for the three matches involving the Soca Warriors at the World Cup Finals, to be played in Germany from June 9 to July 9.
Asked if Fifa had given any response to the T&TFF’s request, Warner said: “Yes, we have been informed by Fifa that what we have asked for, we will be getting.”
The Concacaf president could not give an exact figure.
Guardian checks last week revealed that the full quota of tickets to T&T, based on the Purchasable Ticket Capacity (PTC) of the venues, means that T&T will be receiving a total of 10,101 tickets for the three matches.
T&T will receive 4,061 tickets for the match against Sweden on June 10.
The number of tickets decrease to 3,074 for the June 15 match against England, while 2,966 tickets are available for the match versus Paraguay on June 20.
Warner said the T&TFF had not tabulated the final number of requested tickets because requests are still coming in.
“We are expecting to get the tickets in a few days and we are hoping to work out how we will distribute them.”
Warner also warned persons who were solely interested in getting match tickets to secure their air-line tickets to Germany: “I can tell you there will come a time when there will be World Cup tickets available for matches and no seats available on air-lines.”
Warner also made it clear that the political side of his life had no bearing on what he achieves or does for sport. “There is nothing that politics can give to me that I don’t already have.”
When making the request to Fifa for tickets, it was stated by the T&TFF president that they had requested three categories of tickets that were available from four, for the Group B matches.
The three categories carry prices of 100, 60 and 45 Euros or T&T$758, T&T$455 and T&T$341 per match, respectively.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Parents first, as Warriors enquire about family tickets
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 10:28:36 PM »
I was just about to post this info. having seen the price of the tickets can Jack justify the 30000 price tag minus airfare.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>