March 28, 2024, 07:38:12 PM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors to Government: Your turn to deliver  (Read 5420 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors to Government: Your turn to deliver
« on: January 10, 2006, 04:47:52 PM »
Soca Warriors to Government: Your turn to deliver.
By Shaun Fuentes.

Members of the Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team have expressed gratitude towards the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation and Special Advisor Jack Warner for its bonuses received for qualification of the 2006 World Cup. But following the meeting held between them and officials of the TTFF in London on Sunday and Monday, the “Soca Warriors” are now sending a message to the Government of their beloved country.
“You told us deliver before the Bahrain game. We delivered, the Federation and Mr Warner have delivered. Now it’s your turn as the Government to give something for our achievement,” Coventry City and T&T’s leading goalscorer Stern John said on Monday night.
John was among some of the players including Shaka Hislop, Brent Sancho and Dennis Lawrence, giving their take on the current situation regarding the revelation of incentives to be paid off as bonus to the players for qualifying for Germany 2006. A sum of US$1,636,357.00 from Warner and the TTFF will be distributed among the players. Several of them were at the meeting including home-based pros Aurtis Whitley and Cyd Gray, currently in England on trials.
“I think all credit must be given to the TTFF, especially Mr Warner because he is a man who stuck to his word. He did everything to keep this dream we had together and now he has delivered for the players. Just coming here with the others like Bruce and Mr Groden made the players feel so comfortable and respected. At least we can show something now for getting to a World Cup,” John said. “But we like to deal with principles and the Government has a chance to smoothen things out because in a very close timing all we want to think about is playing football and getting ready for Germany,” John told TTFF Media.
Hislop, the experienced West Ham United goalie described the meeting as a smooth one.
“Things went smoothly. There was compromise on both sides and both parties came out satisfied as we as players know we stand now. The tickets situation isn’t a major concern in these meetings and we are confident this be addressed in the right manner by the TTFF.
“We did ask Mr Warner about the situation with the Government. We asked him about upcoming talks with the Government and we would like them (Government) to know that we will like to hear from them sooner than later to know more about what they have proposed so that we can at least try to take the relationship a bit further,” Hislop told TTFF Media.
Sancho meantime went further by adding that the Government should take heed from the TTFF and Warner’s lead role. He revealed that the TTFF welcomed the idea of revamping the players association.
“The TTFF did their part and this is definitely strengthening the relationship with the players. This will benefit football tremendously. It’s not just about Germany 2006 but instead about the future of our football and how the country could benefit from it. The Government should take heed from the TTFF and come forward and meet with the players committee to at least tie up some loose ends so we can concentrate on football because at the end of the day we are footballers and we are not just here to hear about promises,” Sancho said. He and the others also credited the appointment of English-based agent Mike Berry as TTFF’s consultant for international affairs. Berry has an ongoing relationship with the TTFF officials and players.
The man who struck the vital goal to book T&T’s spot, Lawrence, simply added: “Everybody wanted us to win and everyone celebrated it.  Imagine the TTFF came all this way to take care of matters with us. Hopefully now the leaders of the country will follow up with us.”
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 03:46:43 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors to Government: Your turn to deliver
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 05:36:53 PM »
Why is Fuentes calling Shaka "Hislop, the experienced Portsmouth goalie"?

Also I see they say Whitley and Gray are already in England for their trials.  I wonder when and how long their trials will be.
Hopefully we get more info soon.

Good luck to them.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 05:54:05 PM »
It looks like the JWFF trying hard to move de magnifying glass over to de gov't.  ::)
Warrior Nation Member At Large

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 06:01:53 PM »
It looks like the JWFF trying hard to move de magnifying glass over to de gov't.  ::)

ah did not want tuh de first to say dat?

besides why did jack take de money and give de players any bonus?  ent football in T&T broke?  why did we not keep dat money tuh fund de TTFF progrmas and let de government fulfill de obligation and promises tuh de players?

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 06:08:11 PM »
Jack and TTFF did not really give them any money. What they did was take the money that FIFA give them and some how allocate it to the players either now or in June or when ever FIFA give them the money.

this is all semantics

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 06:11:51 PM »
Jack and TTFF did not really give them any money. What they did was take the money that FIFA give them and some how allocate it to the players either now or in June or when ever FIFA give them the money.

this is all semantics

dats understood...de question is why?

let de governemnt do dat..and use de fifa money fuh development at home.  Maybe pay off de loans dat de TTFF have..like Jack eh want tuh get repay or wha?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 06:13:23 PM »

this is all semantics
ah think the word is schememantics
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 07:14:00 PM »
Stern and them better watch it. When I tell Panday "ok where the house u promise me publicly (to win the election)" I was greedy and out of place remember?  Jack and all say so.  Hmm, what they paying Beenhakker and them now a month again?  ???

1 million TT is too much who Ato tink he is?....it have poor people starving.  What a joke that is now 4 years later (and was then)....is ok though, u see where Panday and Yetming are now...I still here!  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 07:16:45 PM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 08:29:48 PM »
Jack realize that the best way to clean up his image is to make sure the players are on his side, cause the whole country in love with the players.  I hope they dont end up pawns in his political game or used as tools to help him spin this ticket situation.
Cause ah find Fuentes real reporting on how the players asking the Govt for the money when the PM say he going to meet with the Capt Yorke to decide how best to reward the players.
I am very curious as to the players opinions on the ticket fiasco???

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 08:50:03 PM »
Cause ah find Fuentes real reporting on how the players asking the Govt for the money when the PM say he going to meet with the Capt Yorke to decide how best to reward the players.

You mean like how Boynes was real asking for the budget?

Is all games.
I really hope they deal with the players fast so they eh have to get involved.....unless of course they try to outdo Jack and give them house and ting  ;D

TrinInfinite

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 10:05:23 PM »
well if de players saying it, the govt better respond, jack didnt force dem tuh say dat, dey know we govt is juss as much as a thief as warner, so ask fuh de benfits, they deserve it

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 11:08:36 PM »
well if de players saying it, the govt better respond, jack didnt force dem tuh say dat, dey know we govt is juss as much as a thief as warner, so ask fuh de benfits, they deserve it

yuh really feel warener eh ask dem players tuh say dat or at least put dem up tuh it?

steups.

Offline lihalquay

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 06:04:13 AM »
?
this is all semantics
Ok that could be true but the point is ...they have not gotten ANYTHING from their home county. It is a tradition with us, an athlete does well,  all he gets is a slap on  the back, a' thank you', we may name a stadium after him and after that  we forget about him. For example: Hasley Crawford, we know the story about him, but they named a stadium after the gentelman, if he wants to to see any event that is  being held there, HE HAS TO LINE UP like everybody else and fight for a seat.  Somebody has got to break the cycle. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 06:05:48 AM by lihalquay »

Offline saintsman

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors seeking and playing money instead of playing for trini pride
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 08:49:37 AM »
In my dohtish mind I thought that they would be playing for Trini  pride, they already being paid to play, the last two matches they get double pay. Now they want ttff and Gov't to reward them separately.Plus Jack ask we to put money in a fund for them. My opinion is that ttff and Gov't should come together and give one reward and not separate ones.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors seeking and playing money instead of playing for trini pride
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 08:52:11 AM »
hush yuh mouth nah boy. it had men who play fuh we and living on nelson street

do you know where nelson street iz??

and answer meh question truthfully

pride doh pay bliis.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 09:01:12 AM »
I think that it is foolish that after so long the government can't come up with a figure to reward the players. Let me not get into that now but i think the thier reward is long overdue. Look at the English FA and USA FA. They already announce rewards incase their team win the world cup or make it into the knock out stage. Give the players they blasted rewards so they could focus on the task ahead, which is preparing for the world cup and nothing else.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2006, 09:01:32 AM »
In my dohtish mind I thought

nuff said

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2006, 09:04:58 AM »
you asking a dysfuntional organization to coordinate with a nonfunctioning one.

by the time the figure out who to give what world cup done gone and past

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2006, 10:14:49 AM »

besides why did jack take de money and give de players any bonus?  ent football in T&T broke?  why did we not keep dat money tuh fund de TTFF progrmas and let de government fulfill de obligation and promises tuh de players?

THAS BECAUSE THE GOVT MAY NEVER FULFILL DEY OBLIGATION, JACK MAKING SURE THE PLAYERS TAKEN CARE OF....

AND DEM PLAYERS REALISE IF THEY DOH GET WHAT THEY OWED RIGHT NOW, AFTER GERMANY THEY WILL NEVER GET IT...

I DOH KNOW THE CHARACTER OF THEM PLAYERS, BUT I DOUBT THEY GO SAY SOME SHIT JUST BECUASE JACK TELL THEM, THEM BOI JUST WANT TO GET PAY FPR DEY WORK.... JUST LIKE YOU AND ME.... AND IMAGINE HOW YOU WOULD FEEL IF YUH BOSS SKIP AH CHECK ON YUH...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 10:24:08 AM by marcus »

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2006, 10:22:51 AM »

THAS BECAUSE THE GOVT MAY NEVER FULFILL DEY OBLIGATION, JACK MAKING SURE THE PLAYERS TAKEN CARE OF....

steups...you living under ah f**king rock until dis hex start or what?
JKack taking care ah Jack and he doh give ah Jack about nobody but Jack

Now run off and Jack!

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2006, 10:28:48 AM »

Now run off and Jack!

BROTHER MAN, YOU HAVE AH VERSATILE VOCABULARY.... AND YOUR ABILITY TO PUT YOUR POINT ACROSS IN A MATURE MANNER IS SECOND TO NONE.... I COULD SEE YOU RUNNING FOR SOME SORT OF OFFICE IN THE GOVT.

Offline lihalquay

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2006, 10:30:40 AM »
[In my dohtish mind I thought that they would be playing for Trini pride, they already being paid to play, the last two matches they get double pay. Now they want ttff and Gov't to reward them separately.Plus Jack ask we to put money in a fund for them. My opinion is that ttff and Gov't should come together and give one reward and not separate ones.

Ecuse me it is government WHO SAID that they would reward them.  If they expected the team to play just for the pride of it then they should not have MADE ANY PROMISES,simple as that.
Ask yourself this question  people who offer themselves to serve in government don't they say it is because of love of country and wanted to serve, but DO THEY DO IT FOR FREE?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 10:33:02 AM by lihalquay »

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2006, 10:42:07 AM »

Now run off and Jack!

BROTHER MAN, YOU HAVE AH VERSATILE VOCABULARY.... AND YOUR ABILITY TO PUT YOUR POINT ACROSS IN A MATURE MANNER IS SECOND TO NONE.... I COULD SEE YOU RUNNING FOR SOME SORT OF OFFICE IN THE GOVT.

Thanks fuh yuh observation.  Now how about de request dat yuh run off and Jack?

dat too much tuh ask? 

if it is i will settel fuh yuh returning tuh yuh place under dat rock.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2006, 12:01:57 PM »

this is all semantics

dats understood...de question is why?

let de governemnt do dat..and use de fifa money fuh development at home.  Maybe pay off de loans dat de TTFF have..like Jack eh want tuh get repay or wha?

the amount quoted in the article (US$1,636,357.00) is a part of the total ttff got for qualifying. the rest might be used for loan repayment, development, etc.. but likely no tranparency on this will be provided. this is the kind of card that jack might play later if he feeling pressure.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2006, 12:28:39 PM »
saintsman yuh still aint answer meh question ???

and who iz de players ah talking bout.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2006, 01:13:39 PM »
Check de timing of this nah..... I mean they right to ask, but check de timing. Jack have brains to kill....

1. Get de players involve. Give them a few dollars and they singing like a Bull Flinch,,,,, they will wait for the players association thing, Jack blowing smoke up they ass.....

2. Distract the public from his ticket Frisco by this move.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2006, 06:07:42 PM »
I thought the current players were red blooded Trins. I expect Birchall not Stern to be gripping. He knows how things work mManning waiting to speak FACE TO FACE with Dwight. As far as I know he will be in T'dad for the game in May so anytime after the meeting and another Cabinet Note is written they will get it. So their family will have a good christmas for 2006 Christmas. They will get it silly season  (elections) right around the corner.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 07:00:34 PM »
I thought the current players were red blooded Trins. I expect Birchall not Stern to be gripping. He knows how things work mManning waiting to speak FACE TO FACE with Dwight. As far as I know he will be in T'dad for the game in May so anytime after the meeting and another Cabinet Note is written they will get it. So their family will have a good christmas for 2006 Christmas. They will get it silly season  (elections) right around the corner.

Quite Christmas 2006?  :-\

No way.....that will give Jack a whole year to pong dem with  "where the money for the players"

Manning will send Boynes ras to England when we play Iceland to speak to Dwight or Shaka if this not resolved before that.
If not then they will go back and forth as to who fault it is.   ::)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2006, 10:08:29 PM »
How you so sure that he sending Boynes. I am sure they could have find away to communicate with Dwight. Email it is a wonderful invention if he had sent it via smoke signal it would have reached. Thus I say by Xmas evenif he sent Boynes remember we still waiting on the cabinet note to pay the coach or is he waiting on the meeting with Yorke to do 1 note?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>