April 28, 2024, 01:37:44 PM

Author Topic: New English-boy to try out with Beenhakker’s ‘Warriors’  (Read 21110 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
New English-boy to try out with Beenhakker’s ‘Warriors’
Issued By: Shaun Fuentes.

Yet another English-based  player could be lining up for this country’s senior national team in the near future. Promising 20-year-old English-born midfielder Christopher Birchall of English League One club Port Vale has accepted an invitation from the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation to join the team in training in order for head coach Leo Beenhakker to have a look at him.
The locating of  the 20-year-old Birchall was prompted by Jack Warner, special advisor to the TTFF before English agent Mike Berry got in contact with Birchall this week to finalize arrangements for him to join the team.
The 5' 9" Birchall is currently negotiating a new contract with Port Vale, the club he has been attached to since age nine.
“A pocket-battleship on the right, Chris has shown some promise coming into the side at the end of last season. His belligerent style, often compared to former Vale star Gareth Ainsworth, has already appeased the fans and Chris has given notice to be a performer to be reckoned with this term.” was what the Port Vale official website stated about Birchall.
So far this season he has six goals in 27 appearances for Vale. His last goal was in a 5-0 win over Barnsley last Saturday and the BBC described the goal the with the following words: “Birchall opened the scoring after exchanging passes with Lee Matthews and smashing home a 25-yard half-volley.”
“It’s just  a real privilege to get a chance to try out with the Trinidad and Tobago National team and I am really looking forward to it. To say the truth, I was a bit nervous at first when the call came but now I’m just really anxious to get down to Trinidad and start training with the rest of the boys and hopefully be able to make a contribution to the World Cup effort,” Birchall told TTFF Media on Wednesday.
Birchall’s mother, Jennifer, was born in Port of Spain before moving to England where she met the player’s English father. The Port Vale man has lived in England all his life and has never visited these shores.
“I think my mom  might be even prouder than I am at the moment. I have heard of Dwight and Shaka and some of the other guys up here. I know Rougier was at Vale. I played against Carlos (Edwards) and  Dennis (Lawrence) last night. And well I know Clayton (Ince) is going to take care of me when I get there. Because of the whole Trinidad Connection, it makes it even more exciting but again it’s all serious business when it comes down to the football,” Birchall added.
He travel arrangements have already been sorted out by Warner and he is expected here on May 10.
Beenhakker was briefed on his availability on Tuesday and will have him in the squad for training during next month.
”We need to have everyone and everything on board in our efforts to get to Germany and fittingly the young player will be given a chance to try out with the team and it will be left up to the coach to make the final decision,” Warner stated from London.
Defence Force fall to W Connection.
T&T Express Reports.

Defence Force became the latest team to fall under Vibe CT 105 W Connection's seemingly unstoppable march to the T&T Pro League title, when they were outshot 5-2 at the Ato Boldon Stadium yesterday, in the battle of the only two unbeaten teams in the competition.
At one point, Defence Force looked well on course to spoil the home team's one hundred percent record when taking a 2-1 lead, after Odelle Armstrong's first half double (27th & 33rd) cancelled out Connection's opening item from young Brazilian William Olliviera.
But then, Connection turned on the pressure, and their Brazilian connection took over.
Their #10-wearing Brazilian midfielder Gefferson da Silva Goulart has been in sparkling form since his return from a year of European football with FC Zeleznik. First, he equalised in the 45th minute to see the teams go in 2-2 at the half.
Then, Goulart struck the back of the net again, in the 57th minute, to score his sixth goal of the season, in just five matches.
Ronaldo Viana, the other Brazilian who had a stint with FC Zeleznik, killed off the Army when he scored in the 71st minute, before St Lucian Earl Jean scored the final goal in the 77th to keep W Connection as the only unbeaten team in the league, with a perfect 15 points from five matches.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 08:55:20 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pictures of de new fella
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 04:09:03 PM »

Hull City's Kevin Ellison and Port Vale's Christopher Birchall battle for the ball

« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 04:29:05 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: New English-boy to try out with Beenhakker’s ‘Warriors’
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 04:18:58 PM »
is a WHITE BOY YES!!!!!

JEZZAM if he cud play it go be d first time i think one go b in tnt coclours

all d best meh bredda
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 04:28:19 PM »
well we need a midfielder so there
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 04:29:44 PM »
does he deserve to play for our country he neva visited these shore unlike shakes ,norville and boucard
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 04:47:01 PM »
is a WHITE BOY YES!!!!!

JEZZAM if he cud play it go be d first time i think one go b in tnt coclours

It eh go be de fuss time. Dey use tuh represent back in de earlies. Men like Thor "The German" Schjolseth, Conrad Tench and Rolph Grant. Dey say Schjolseth use tuh have rell dribbling skills. Legend had it dat if he get too close tuh de keeper he would dribble back out of close range and score.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 05:17:21 PM »
hahaha this is some funny shit...glad he can come on board,hope he can make a contribution. still pretty funny though. i guess seabra definetly aint eligible for this campaign.
Hart for president

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 05:21:30 PM »
lol i forget about him

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 05:32:38 PM »
but wait nah...he is 20 so dat mean he could have possibly helped or been on the U-20 team that just missed qualifying for the U-20 world cup....we have to get a better method of scouting both local and foreign talents so the best players will represent....hell for all we know Ronaldhino mother could have been a trini ;D :D ;D
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 05:52:28 PM »
Well if this  young man is bringing  the commitment, talent and desire to play for the home land of his mother, all the more power to him. That is more than some of our local players who are caught up in  a"management team" trying to decide if  to play or not to play to represent or not to represent.

Talent, skill, desire and  heart to play is commendable. Well done on the scouts. Ah hope we expand our scounting to Brazil and the rest of Europe I'm sure we  could find Trini descendants. Ah know some men dat gone dem places and drop some wood about the place. Who knows maybe we have a trini mother who have a brazilain soccer man's man chile.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 07:46:45 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 05:53:47 PM »
he was born in 1984 futbolfan

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 06:31:00 PM »
Once he could play welcome aboard yes!

I find Norville,Boucaud and Shakes should come home too.

I feel he go have something....All the Eligible he is....the man is a Cultured English player, born and grow up in the system, Technically he may be a different sort of player than what we accustommed to but I sure he could cross a ball and put in a tackle, lastly he will have a different work ethic as opposed to the rest of the team, them English like to run fast fast and put in blade.

Finally this is a BRILLIANT piece of Marketing here by the TTFF.

Bet yuh bottom dollar people coming out to see the White Boy.......he go be a novelty, especially if he could play.

Once them fellas ent corrupt him and take him in Zen or 51, once he ent drink no Stag or Black Label and once he ent get no sket to wine back on him, he go be safe.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 06:34:08 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 06:44:31 PM »
Yeah the foirst thought taht occurred to me was that it would put people in the seats if he does play.

He has to merit it though and earn it. It would be a waste if we get people for a few games on a gimmick scene at the expense of the men who have been fighting up so hard for so long.

The thing is with a new coach almost everybody is starting from ground zero.

It will be very interesting.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 07:13:06 PM »
It doesn't matter what color he is let every player with roots try to get us to the World Cup
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 07:15:38 PM »

Did Anthony Shearwood ever win a cap for T&T?

He broke his leg scoring a goal for us but that may have been a youth team.

I remember he made a brief return after college but wasn't the same.

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2005, 07:38:47 PM »
How good is the League he plays in the English League 1? What is the quality of thier football?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2005, 07:45:40 PM »
higher than the pfl i think

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2005, 07:53:16 PM »
SOme of the men who start in the last few TT games plays in that league....Ince, Lawrence, Edwards.

Stern league is only one notch above...Yorke league you cyar compare it to nuttin as yet and well MLS.........I still feel PFL as good as that.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2005, 07:54:49 PM »
anthony sherwood played in the shell cup.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2005, 08:10:36 PM »
Wha happen to Zamora now ? He still feel he'll play for England ? I understand his father was pushing for him to play for Trini but his agent and club talked him out of it.
  Bring on de foreign base red ,yellow black and white de all precious in we sight ...as long as de could play ball.
  I understand one ah dem Brazilians with W Connection not Seabra marry ah Trini.That should make him legible too.
 Bring dem on.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2005, 08:30:48 PM »
Seabra allyuh sure he eh have trini roots?

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2005, 08:31:18 PM »
yeah zamora probably going to be in the Epl nex yr too. the thing is ,he has shown no desire to play for us, and to hell with him if thats still the case. we have too many strikers anyway. now if you were talking about ellington and he was elligible then that would be a diff story
Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2005, 08:32:15 PM »
seabra should still be able to play in the gold cup, so do we play him then or use that competition for our wcq players to play together more?
Hart for president

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2005, 08:40:31 PM »
We have to overs Zamora, I hope Leo not worrying about chasing him like BSC. Too many things to do now.

The man we need to keep in touch with is Ellington.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2005, 08:42:31 PM »
i believe ellington was deemed inelligible sometime back
Hart for president

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2005, 09:23:52 PM »
allyuh careful now; yuh see all this searching tuh find trini roots in players all over go frighten some men. All of a sudden men go discover dey had children all over the place.

Oh gosh look comess coming out of football.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2005, 09:30:16 PM »
ellinghton was deemed ineligible because our laws dont  give citizenship through grandparents only parents which is real stupidness.

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2005, 09:55:45 PM »
triniman know all bout we citizenship laws, he is ah naturalized trini....ent?

tell de trute eh

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2005, 02:22:08 AM »
This is great I hope he can help, once a man willing and able then he should get a chance, imagine even de foreign born fellas more committed then de T&T born players (Latapy).....

Wasn't de Moze brothers white...

Glad to see de mix, now we bong to get some sponser onboard.

2010 looking good too...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 02:52:25 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2005, 05:08:40 AM »
From what I heard Port Vale fans love him, according to them he should be signing a new contract with them soon. He is very strong, very quick, runs at people, good corners, crossing, excellent player. He plays on the right wing mostly. I'd say he could play central midfield, but he's much better going forward than sitting back, (to be honest, I've never actually seen him play in that role!) he's an attacker - quite useful either wing but he's right footed.

;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 05:19:20 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>