April 20, 2024, 12:28:28 AM

Author Topic: New English-boy to try out with Beenhakker’s ‘Warriors’  (Read 21066 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: New English-boy to try out with Beenhakker’s ‘Warriors’
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2005, 06:00:20 AM »
Must  admit I was surprised to see a pic.of a white boy.

Good work on you part TM.

we've certainly had whites b4 on the national team, back in de old days when the bourgeoise controlled the sport...however, quite a few made it on merit, eg. Clive Pantin, Hamelsmith, Joey Gonsalves, Jeff Stollmyer.

And of course the Moze brothers on the youth team.

I look forward to see what dis youth can bring to the table.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Uncle Bede

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2005, 06:59:53 AM »
Hi.

Port Vale fan here.

We're surprised to hear about this call up but I wish him all the best.

Birchy is a pacy right winger who loves to take men on and attack. He has neat close control and a very good shot. I sincerely hope he signs a lengthy contract here in the coming weeks and fully expect him to play higher than our current league 1.

If you want to know more then this matter is being discussed in our main discussion forum at:

www.onevalefan.co.uk

Good luck to you with Birchall in your bid to reach the World Cup.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2005, 07:07:37 AM »
Uncle Bede, Thanks for the feed back !

I'm glad to know he is a good prospect.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2005, 08:24:12 AM »
Wasn't Sherwood the white boy who use to play for pres back in the day?

But glad to see that the fella interested, it doh matter if he never reach our island yet. And from his words, d fella sound very enthusiastic, and to boot the man young, i hope if he doesnt make the cut the dont cast him away. Plenty of dem fellas young and if dey aint make d cut, dey jus feel neglected, We have to keep them in d mix. Keep dem around d U23 team. Once we keep these men in the national fraternity, trust me, the future is ours. We shouldnt wait 3 months b4 an olympic tournament to start pulling ah team together...dem men suppose to be playing friendlies whenever dey get d chance but funding i know is a problem but at least we cud make a start.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2005, 08:25:41 AM »
How allyuh feel the rest of local players go accept him in the squad?  I mean not because he white but because he never set foot in Trini before?  I think Yorke for one will be very welcoming towards the man, in the hopes that he has a sister he could hit!

I feel bad for Seabra still, he living here five years and can't play and it have men landing in Piarco for the first time wearing a national team shirt.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2005, 08:36:15 AM »
Hi.

Port Vale fan here.

We're surprised to hear about this call up but I wish him all the best.

Birchy is a pacy right winger who loves to take men on and attack. He has neat close control and a very good shot. I sincerely hope he signs a lengthy contract here in the coming weeks and fully expect him to play higher than our current league 1.

If you want to know more then this matter is being discussed in our main discussion forum at:

www.onevalefan.co.uk

Good luck to you with Birchall in your bid to reach the World Cup.

Hi Uncle Bede....seeing that they both play in the same division..and if you can put aside your understandable bias to Port Vale, who would you say is the better player....Birchall or Carlos Edwards?  Because they both may be playing the same position for club and country.

Thanx
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2005, 08:47:34 AM »
Great any player who can add a little something to the team is good news...
Touches Ince plays in the championship div not Div 1... Well we will see soon because they are relegation threatened.
You realize we might have nobody in the EPl.. Southampton might get relegated, Coventry and Crewe in the rlegeation zone in the championship div.. Wrexham also on the verge of relegation from Div 1...
Hopefully all these teams can stay in their current league.

Offline richdavale

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2005, 09:21:34 AM »
Hi another PV fan here, Samo having seen them play against each other on Tuesday Edwards is certainly the more complete player ie can play with/shoot with both feet probably as he is older but as you may know Edwards final ball is lacking on occasions, Chrissy takes a better corner and has a cracking right foot shoot.  Birchall still has much to learn though and is a bit 1 footed on occasions but certainly a talent worth trying in the Trinidad team :)

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2005, 09:58:05 AM »
EDWARDS LIL BETTER THAN HIM

PROBLY HANV SOME LOCALS LIL BETTER THAN HIM PLUS THE RACIAL BIAS GO BE HITTIN HIM HARD

HOPEFULLY THE ENGLISH BASED PROS GO TAKE HIM UNDER THEIR WING AND HELP IN THE UP HILL TASK

WHERE ALL DEM MIDFIELDRS GO FIT I REMEMBER NOT TO LONG AGO WE HAD A MIDFIELDER PROBLEM SO BAD BSC PUT SANCHO IN THE MIDDLE AS "BALL WINNER" WAT EVER THAT POSITION IS IT HINK IN THE MEXICO GAME AT HOME WE HAD 7 DEFENDERS STERN JOHN MAC FARLENE AND ANGUS EVE ON THE FIELD AT THE SAME TIME

:-\ :-\
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2005, 10:20:00 AM »
As much as I like they idea of trying out new players I have to admit that we are being a bit hypocritical here.  Men on this site always cuss Jamaica for qualifying for World Cup with an England "C" team full of players who never see Jamaica before.  Now we trying exactly the same, except Jamaica was pulling players from the EPL not Div 1.  Reggae Fan go have some fun with this one. :-[

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2005, 11:10:17 AM »
I don't believe we reach the stage Jamaica had reached ....the majority of our players home grown but plying the trade abroad. Besides Shakes who else wanna commit to playing for T&T other than the young fella. Jamaica had i believe about 50% of their side who next see ah piece ah weed yet.  ;D

Once the white boy could handle what this side of the world bringing ...welcome abroad. I know them white fellas does wilt under the heat. but we shall wait and see how he looking in training and what kinda reports coming out of it.
  I think Yorke for one will be very welcoming towards the man, in the hopes that he has a sister he could hit!

Allyuh is the greatest   ;D ;D ;D
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2005, 11:29:58 AM »
I am all for it, it's about time.! We don't have to be an all black team. I welcome the change and look forward to his input and experience.

There have always been players in Trini who were excellent and not black that never played for the national team at this level. I hope this signals a change in our thinking and apporach to national team selection so that everyone gets a chance.

Yuh know "the every creed and race thing"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2005, 11:46:15 AM »
I am all for it, it's about time.! We don't have to be an all black team. I welcome the change and look forward to his input and experience.

There have always been players in Trini who were excellent and not black that never played for the national team at this level. I hope this signals a change in our thinking and apporach to national team selection so that everyone gets a chance.

Yuh know "the every creed and race thing"

It used to be de opposite back in the day.  Didin't make it any less wrong then either. Just pointing out that you're right....it should be the best players regardless of race or creed...but it hasn't always been where it'a been an all black team.  Back in de days of Raffie Knowles, Stollmeyer and dem, a black player fuh T&T would be like a fly on a pow fuss de team was white.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2005, 12:04:03 PM »

It used to be de opposite back in the day. Didin't make it any less wrong then either. Just pointing out that you're right....it should be the best players regardless of race or creed...but it hasn't always been where it'a been an all black team. Back in de days of Raffie Knowles, Stollmeyer and dem, a black player fuh T&T would be like a fly on a pow fuss de team was white.

I think an appropriate question would be why the "white" players stopped playing. When Shamrocks Queen Park, Luton town etc. disappeared from top flight football, so did the vast majority of "white" players, by and large. When I played in the late 70's thru early '80's, we had a couple white players on our team. They were, however, English contractors. There was a "white" fella who played for the national team around 81 - 82. His name was Wayne (Joseph may have been his surname), Maple and Klans man who was a central defender. He played with Reynold George, when more than half the players were from Maple ( then a second div. team).
The short is that when there were quality players playing top flight TT football and worthy of selection, I thought there were more likely than not to get a look. :-\
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 12:07:32 PM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2005, 12:15:15 PM »

But glad to see that the fella interested, it doh matter if he never reach our island yet. And from his words, d fella sound very enthusiastic, and to boot the man young, i hope if he doesnt make the cut the dont cast him away. Plenty of dem fellas young and if dey aint make d cut, dey jus feel neglected, We have to keep them in d mix. Keep dem around d U23 team. Once we keep these men in the national fraternity, trust me, the future is ours. We shouldnt wait 3 months b4 an olympic tournament to start pulling ah team together...dem men suppose to be playing friendlies whenever dey get d chance but funding i know is a problem but at least we cud make a start.

Would'nt call 'Shirlie' ah white boy I always thought He was from a mixed ethnic background.  As for the English fella....I have no problem with his race (would be a hypocrite if I did), its just this bandwagonist thing that bothers me, especially as he aint ever been to T&T in his life. Though he is 'talking the talk' I personnally would'nt get swayed by that...as it would be foolhardy for him to say any less.  Still I agree if he has something to offer let us use him but not simply discard him if he dosent prove up to scratch at this moment in time. He is young and could do something for us in the future.  I hope he could take the humidity in Trini as that has always been ah killer for English people.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2005, 12:27:22 PM »
Yeah the Moze brothers are white, but I doh think any of them ever suit up for the Senior Team.  Bertille had like Kevin Moze bad in the middle, but again that was on a youth team.

Sam yuh eh have no chirren anywhere playing professional ball boy?  Now is the time to tell them you is they father yuh know.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2005, 02:21:37 PM »
I still hopin Jlloyd come and play for us soon.  Any progress on that front?  With the respect that Beenhakker has he in a better position to persuade these men to come and commit to us.

Offline CentralTrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2005, 02:50:16 PM »
Yes Royal I agree with you, I know the people, It´s a Brazilian fella name  Renato Pereira and he married to a Trini from Central. He is a real good player. He won Best Defender awards for Connection and he win MVP for the FCB Cup. He playing now for a club in Sweden and he win Best Defender in Sweden for his Region. I think it´s a Division 2 Club. I think he could help out real good in the Defense!

Check out his sitewww.renato03futebol.tk

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sherwood eh no white boy
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2005, 03:02:27 PM »

Would'nt call 'Shirlie' ah white boy I always thought He was from a mixed ethnic background.

Check him out:

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2005, 04:54:49 PM »
Sherwood put on weight boy, glad t know that things good with  him.
I REMEMBER NOT TO LONG AGO WE HAD A MIDFIELDER PROBLEM

Until we play a good game we still have a midfield problem, plenty potential right now but that is all.

I think Yorke for one will be very welcoming towards the man, in the hopes that he has a sister he could hit!

Arrow yuh not right boy.

....I have no problem with his race (would be a hypocrite if I did), its just this bandwagonist thing that bothers me,

His race is a total non-issue for me as well but for him to even get near that starting team he has to be head and shoulders above what we already have because them men have been paying their dues big time.

If he isn't better, keep him involved, let him travel and train without a sweat for awhile (a la Derek King) and see if his heart is still in it
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2005, 03:03:54 AM »
Are you 100% sure Renato Pereira is married to a Trini ?? show me proof and I will try and get his name accorss to someone in DE TTFF.

Tallman, is that Anthony Sherwood in the pic ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2005, 04:41:54 AM »
See Birchill in action today....

Tranmere  v  Port Vale...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Anthony Sherwood
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2005, 08:17:41 AM »

Yeh, dat is him. He is now an undergraduate admissions counselor at Virginia Commonwealth University. He also coaches de U-15 boys team at de Richmond Strikers Soccer Club
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Agos

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2005, 01:59:33 PM »
Graham Rodriguez and Geoffrey WhartonLake wear T&T colours already.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2005, 03:02:46 PM »
See Birchill in action today....

Tranmere  v  Port Vale...

Port Vale lorse 1-nil.  Drop this white boy now!!   ;)

Offline CentralTrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2005, 03:23:17 PM »
Are you 100% sure Renato Pereira is married to a Trini ?? show me proof and I will try and get his name accorss to someone in DE TTFF.

Yes man Sam, I know the family real good, ask them fellas in W. Connection like John Williams or Coach Stuart Charles or even some of the other Brazilian players, they were all there at the reception. Or why you don´t leave a message in the man website www.renato03futebol.tk.
The girl used to work in Republic Bank in Chaguanas. Her brother, father and uncles were in the police force. I don´t have the people marriage certificate, that is the best I could do.
But allyuh fellas remember him? He was real good in the back, he never missed the ball with his head!

Peace and Blessings to all
Central Trini.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2005, 04:49:46 PM »
SOme of the men who start in the last few TT games plays in that league....Ince, Lawrence, Edwards.

Stern league is only one notch above...Yorke league you cyar compare it to nuttin as yet and well MLS.........I still feel PFL as good as that.

Ince is in de same league wit stern (Crewe in de Championship)
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2005, 12:08:11 AM »

If allyuh parents was from another country and you couldn't ever make T&T national team...would you represent that next country?
What if it would help your Pro career?

Me eh know how yuh having a pro career if yuh cah make we national team but work with me.

I just trying to get into this guy's head, see what it like and how he might feel about it and how committed or honoured he could really feel to put on another country's colours(he not a citizen yet).

So 6 months from now, after WCQ.  Would he come down for the Digicel Cup if we call him back?  I suppose the rest of pros is doh even want to come back for that.  I just want to make sure he doh done we after WCQ. 
That goes for any player who don't know what a doubles is, where Maracas is, have no idea what Sando refers to, and has a hard time deciphering the accent.

What if there were 11 other players in his position...if we could take one we could take all right?  Best man for the job is the policy so if he better than born and bred den he get the spot. 

And so we reach WC....but who exactly reach?  A team of people I don't identify with?

Just playing Devil's advocate.  I just think all player's allegiances and committment must be thoroughly examined...that goes for anyone including born and bred, naturalized and those of descent.

I waiting to hear more from this new prospect.  See what he about and if he worthy.

1]; } ?>