April 27, 2024, 01:30:26 PM

Author Topic: Bertille deserves all praise  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bertille deserves all praise
« on: January 12, 2006, 10:32:52 AM »
Letter to the Trinidad Newsday

THE EDITOR: I am very happy to see that the former coach of the Soca Warriors, Bertille St Clair is sharing in the team’s bonus.

He made some serious mistakes as the coach and the move to replace him was a good one but he also made the decision to bring back Dwight Yorke and for that alone, he deserves a big bonus.

Without Yorke, the team would have struggled to qualify and the performance in the Gold Cup showed this.

We must not forget his contribution because he faced a lot of criticism when he brought Yorke into the team.

I remember some of our top coaches and sports commentators lambasting him for selecting his compatriot from Tobago.

At the time, Yorke was said to be a "cancer to the game" and even the TTFF wanted no part of him.

I remember when he put Yorke on the field for a game in Tobago, he was called all kinds of names and the critics accused him of insulting Trinidad and Tobago.

St Clair did not back down and he went a step further and made Yorke the captain of the team. That was the last straw for some people and they even mounted a protest against Yorke outside the Oval before the game against USA. Now some of the same critics are singing praises to Yorke and the Football Association has now made him the "Footballer of the Year."

Everyone is now jumping on the Yorke bandwagon but let us not forget the person who had the courage to bring him back.

C RENOL
Maraval
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bertille deserves all praise
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 10:45:33 AM »
" St Clair did not back down and he went a step further and made Yorke the captain of the team. That was the last straw for some people and they even mounted a protest against Yorke outside the Oval before the game against USA. Now some of the same critics are singing praises to Yorke and the Football Association has now made him the "Footballer of the Year."
I bet dem people now are on de wagon and feting like crazy because "We Reach"
we does overreact toooo soon sometimes

But de ppl was right......up untill den Yorke ain do shit for TNT wen he play so dey was 100% right fuh dey feelings......

He can now be forgiven as he has shown a new an mature Dwight Yorke to de pub....
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 11:55:34 AM »
calling sub1 calling sub1
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 01:25:17 PM »
I doh agree with BSC getting a share of the bonus. If you doing that ...then all past coaches must get a share of the bonus. REgardless of the success or lack thereof ..... they all played a part ...even if it was to say that they just not good.

From Gally come straight up .... all ah dem play a part.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 01:30:02 PM »
For this campaign for Germany 2006 anybody that was selected and coached the team should get a lil someting cause it was all part of the process.  So if yuh ride the bench all the way back for a two games and never get selected again, you could get a small change cause you contributed.
give BSC his due, he could have done worse and left us with no points when Beenie came.

BSC dont deserve all praise, he aint Jesus, but he could get some pat on his bak.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 01:32:00 PM by Mr Mc »

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 02:42:43 PM »
BSC should NOT even get a fart in a gale of wind, that ranking 4king shithound

Més que un club.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 02:52:47 PM »
praise is ah strong word. he aint do nothing special. i know for ah fact that if we didnt make WC right now we woulda be cussing he name

give him ah paycheck and call it ah day
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 04:15:00 PM »
i agree with disgruntled but not in them delicate words.

can't pay a fired man a bonus for success that happened after yuh gave him the boot.-makes no sense at all.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 05:21:39 PM »
Oh come on fellas an jack taking he share including for all dem years of failures ???? So why deny Bertil ah small piece of the pie ? If you only want to reward success then Nakid, Eve  etc should be left out too and dat eh fair !
I still feel that Bertil was brought back to get Dwight and he succeeded. The TTFF left him in the position too long but do you really think Beenie could have done it without Dwight and russel ??
Do you all remember that Jack called Dwight his biggest mistake in football ? how he used to have him in he house etc. And how russel was another big mistake after de man was playing for trinidad since he was 12.
You tink it easy to forget dat ?
I will say it only once ..... only bertil could have gotten dwight back and only dwight could make Russel change his mind and give it a shot. these guys didn't jump on the wagon when it was safe, like some are now, they came aboad a sinking ship !
just for the record russel and dwight represented T&T at under 14 and you know who was the coach ....... BSC !!! better believe it. de man is still respected for his values and maybe some of our leaders could well take note.
I am sure every one of us can remember a teacher who played a great part in our lives...made us what we are today ! WOULD YOU DENY THEM ANYTHING THAT WAS BEING OFFERED THEM . I say de man is deserving of at least a  piece of the pie.

1]; } ?>