0 (0%)
Tottenham
0 (0%)
Shakhtar Donetsk
0 (0%)
Valencia
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: UEFA Champions League Thread  (Read 301089 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Champions League Thread, 2011/2012
« Reply #1350 on: April 25, 2012, 06:33:51 PM »
Well ah know ah late on de draw but I didn't follow the game live to the end and ah deliberately avoided all forms of communication, came home and just watch the replay to the end.....lawd ah love football......dem penalties nearly kill mih......

Now to the final....lucky for Bayern its on their home ground.......and how unfortunate for them when Chelsea lift the trophy in dey face!!..... :devil:  ;D  ;D

Hold up.... you is a chelsea fan? say it aint so sugar  :thinking:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Champions League Thread (Bayern Munich v Chelsea).
« Reply #1351 on: April 25, 2012, 06:40:25 PM »
leave dem nah.......barca had it wrapped up in the first leg........no wait ???.......we go get wood at d camp..... ::) :P ent ;D ......it goes on and on d ball round and it have ninety minutes still left to play......but what u goh do, haterz will hate....
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 25, 2012, 07:10:25 PM »
Well ah know ah late on de draw but I didn't follow the game live to the end and ah deliberately avoided all forms of communication, came home and just watch the replay to the end.....lawd ah love football......dem penalties nearly kill mih......

Now to the final....lucky for Bayern its on their home ground.......and how unfortunate for them when Chelsea lift the trophy in dey face!!..... :devil:  ;D  ;D

Hold up.... you is a chelsea fan? say it aint so sugar  :thinking:

Truth be told, I don't follow club football week in, week out.   But when I do take in a game or two (EPL) or when I do take een Champions League games I back Chelsea if they are in it.  I just like them.  I feel is all dem Ghanians and Drogba on de team dat draw mih to dem.... ;D

So I'm not a fanatic per se, but ah like Chelsea. 

World Cup and Euro and African Nations cup and similar international tournaments I tend to gravitate towards.  Its probably because my love for football came about from following different World Cup tournaments over the years starting in 1990 and de Cameroons.....den ah start to take een the Dutch style and after ah get tired ah Brazil (cuz dem MUST win every damn year  ::)) ah switched allegiances to Holland.

And dais why I cyar stand ManU........dey like Brazil, dem MUST win every damn year......oh gosh all yuh doh get bored ah dat after a while??...... ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 25, 2012, 07:38:38 PM »
And dais why I cyar stand ManU........dey like Brazil, dem MUST win every damn year......oh gosh all yuh doh get bored ah dat after a while??...... ::) ::)

:devil: Never!

Brownie is a Chelsea lover  :-[ , cruel world  :-\
Youtube Channel

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 25, 2012, 08:05:07 PM »
Damn great game but disappointing - had everything... Ramos even decided to play a different sport by kicking a field goal in the end...couldn't ask for more. Still think that Mourinho messed it up in the first leg - shoulda come out of that match with a draw instead of sitting back on the away goal, inviting pressure and eventually conceding...The win today shoulda been enough to take us through...At the end of it all, the better side in the match up won...so it goes. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 25, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »
Like both teams.
Will prefer a Madrid - Chelsea final to see Madrid demolish the Blues, but I feel Bayern have a good chance today because of one main reason - MANUEL NEUER . Best keeper in the world.
But whoever win today I feel winning the competition.

Since this yute was at Shalke, first few times I see him I say he is the next Petr Chech.
You dont make 2 saves against kaka and ronaldo every day, and is not like they take bad penalties.

On a different note, whey Robben does get them customized jerseys from  :rotfl:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: April 25, 2012, 09:27:07 PM »
Like both teams.
Will prefer a Madrid - Chelsea final to see Madrid demolish the Blues, but I feel Bayern have a good chance today because of one main reason - MANUEL NEUER . Best keeper in the world.
But whoever win today I feel winning the competition.

Since this yute was at Shalke, first few times I see him I say he is the next Petr Chech.
You dont make 2 saves against kaka and ronaldo every day, and is not like they take bad penalties.

On a different note, whey Robben does get them customized jerseys from  :rotfl:

Every now and then, there are young GK's who, form a very early age, or early in their careers, show that one does not necessarily have to put in a whole lot of work to be recognised as "world class".  Neuer is/was one of them.  From very early on, you knew he was going to be something special.

This was actually a great game to watch, down to the PK's....I always like PK's.  Both GK's earned their pay today.  Neuer get the bonus that was up for grabs.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 09:41:22 PM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 25, 2012, 09:38:29 PM »
Great game and unbelievable result.  I woulda never in a million years seen this coming so congrats to both my teams for putting on a show.  The only sad part at this point is that Chelsea going in to the final with a LOT.....a LOT of players missing to to injuries and boneheaded-ness.  I still don't know what Ramires get a yellow card for but he will most definitely be missed.  There is still hope that Cahill and Luiz can get fit in time for the final because if is RM we facing.....dat go be worries! Hard luck, Barca, it just wasn't in the cards.  Cannot say enough about the performances that shithong, Petr Cech, put in over the two legs.  He was absolutely brilliant. 

Barca keeper is ah Clown, he eh no goalkeeper to have. I find he rel naive. That goal with Torres I drop kicking Torres in he chest. He pulling he hand away so as not to bring Torres down, did he not just saw Messi missed a PK. What a noob.

I totally agree with you Elan i was thinking the same thing. I guess he aint a team player and the sad thing is he is the teams worst player. Man was thinking ill miss the final and not considering that if torres score there will be no final.

Your criticisms would be fair if there were more time on the clock and if Barca were only up 1-0 or 2-0 at that point.  If Valdes woulda fouled, conceded a penalty, had himself sent off for Pinto, have Pinto save the penalty.....chelsea were still going through at that point and the likelihood of Barca scoring at that point is no guarantee, so how is he at fault for anything there?  I doh understand how man could pointedly bypass calling John Terry a noob to come and call Valdes a noob under them circumstances.  That just not makin' any sense.   

Oook......   ???   :-\   Did you follow the game?

No offence but "following the game" has nothing to do with anything at that point in time.  You seem to suggest (if I read and understood correctly) that Victor Valdes was stupid, at the very least, for not taking some drastic, illegal, desperate, obstructional move to stop Torres from scoring with 1 minute of "time added on" remaining.  For not giving himself up, or "taking one for the team" as if it would have somehow given Barca a chance to score and pull out a victory from the digestive tract of defeat.  I am suggesting that there was nothing valdes could have done to save Barca anymore, proabably even if he woulda pulled off a miraculous, legal save.   

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 25, 2012, 09:41:54 PM »
Did the El Clasico hurt the Spanish teams in the CL?

Big Up!
It's a possible excuse...

It may be more than an excuse. Chelsea played eight non starters against Arsenal. Barca had 2 and of course they weren't Messi, Xavi, Iniesta etc.. El classico tired dem fellas out because dat wasnt Chelsea playing Arsenal or Manchester United or who ever.. Dat was Barcelona playing real Madrid El Classico so yuh have to be there and yuh have to wok. Another thing that get exposed from de mighty Barca. Dey not dat deep and if they were to change eight starters, there footbal would look different. Ah waitin for de technique to be refined that see teams allowing Barcelona to run around like mice in a controlled space until dey little hearts explode!  :devil: :devil:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 25, 2012, 09:44:33 PM »
Great game and unbelievable result.  I woulda never in a million years seen this coming so congrats to both my teams for putting on a show.  The only sad part at this point is that Chelsea going in to the final with a LOT.....a LOT of players missing to to injuries and boneheaded-ness.  I still don't know what Ramires get a yellow card for but he will most definitely be missed.  There is still hope that Cahill and Luiz can get fit in time for the final because if is RM we facing.....dat go be worries! Hard luck, Barca, it just wasn't in the cards.  Cannot say enough about the performances that shithong, Petr Cech, put in over the two legs.  He was absolutely brilliant. 

Barca keeper is ah Clown, he eh no goalkeeper to have. I find he rel naive. That goal with Torres I drop kicking Torres in he chest. He pulling he hand away so as not to bring Torres down, did he not just saw Messi missed a PK. What a noob.

I totally agree with you Elan i was thinking the same thing. I guess he aint a team player and the sad thing is he is the teams worst player. Man was thinking ill miss the final and not considering that if torres score there will be no final.

Your criticisms would be fair if there were more time on the clock and if Barca were only up 1-0 or 2-0 at that point.  If Valdes woulda fouled, conceded a penalty, had himself sent off for Pinto, have Pinto save the penalty.....chelsea were still going through at that point and the likelihood of Barca scoring at that point is no guarantee, so how is he at fault for anything there?  I doh understand how man could pointedly bypass calling John Terry a noob to come and call Valdes a noob under them circumstances.  That just not makin' any sense.   

No offence but "following the game" has nothing to do with anything at that point in time.  You seem to suggest (if I read and understood correctly) that Victor Valdes was stupid, at the very least, for not taking some drastic, illegal, desperate, obstructional move to stop Torres from scoring with 1 minute of "time added on" remaining.  For not giving himself up, or "taking one for the team" as if it would have somehow given Barca a chance to score and pull out a victory from the digestive tract of defeat.  I am suggesting that there was nothing valdes could have done to save Barca anymore, proabably even if he woulda pulled off a miraculous, legal save.   

funny! ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: April 25, 2012, 10:23:48 PM »
Another great game of football...

Breathtaking end to end stuff in the first half then the second half took on a more chess-like complexion..

I felt Bayern's goal put Real Madrid in an awkward position in the second half because they could have gone for the winner but then that would have left them exposed at the back and a Bayern goal would have meant that Real would have had to score 2 to win.

It seemed to me at some point in the second half that Real purposely withdrew from pressing and just tried to hit Bayern on the break. Like they were more concerned with conceding than scoring and they ceded the initiative to Bayern. I understand why, but I would have liked to see them go for the killer goal. Especially since as the match progressed, tiredness would become a factor just coming off a gruelling Clasico.

Bayern wing play is something else though, i does still be amazed at the consummate ease with which Robben could get around his marker (although i have to say Marcelo did an excellent job on him using his pace to compensate). Ribery is a next terror on the left, them fellas not giving yuh ah moments rest once the ball spread wide.

Beating Bayern on their home ground will be a real difficult prospect but personnel-wise i think Bayern is a better matchup for Chelsea.

Can't wait.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: April 25, 2012, 10:30:02 PM »

A player is a player whether they could win the game or not.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: April 25, 2012, 11:19:09 PM »

A player is a player whether they could win the game or not.

Then Petr Cech shoulda jes' maul Iniesta instead of letting him score then? Or maybe he shoulda keep wasting time and get a second yellow?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 26, 2012, 02:09:10 AM »
come on Real!

I doh trust you yuh know...

Nah the goat geh curried yesterday!

Wait nuh! ! Giggsy, you still here?!?!  :devil: :rotfl:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 26, 2012, 07:34:45 AM »
Another great game of football...

Breathtaking end to end stuff in the first half then the second half took on a more chess-like complexion..

I felt Bayern's goal put Real Madrid in an awkward position in the second half because they could have gone for the winner but then that would have left them exposed at the back and a Bayern goal would have meant that Real would have had to score 2 to win.

It seemed to me at some point in the second half that Real purposely withdrew from pressing and just tried to hit Bayern on the break. Like they were more concerned with conceding than scoring and they ceded the initiative to Bayern. I understand why, but I would have liked to see them go for the killer goal. Especially since as the match progressed, tiredness would become a factor just coming off a gruelling Clasico.

Bayern wing play is something else though, i does still be amazed at the consummate ease with which Robben could get around his marker (although i have to say Marcelo did an excellent job on him using his pace to compensate). Ribery is a next terror on the left, them fellas not giving yuh ah moments rest once the ball spread wide.

Beating Bayern on their home ground will be a real difficult prospect but personnel-wise i think Bayern is a better matchup for Chelsea.

Can't wait.

For all Mourinho's "genius", sometimes he's a f*cking coward.  His cowardice messed up a routine draw at the Allianz by making awful subs, backing off and inviting pressure and eventually conceding.  Last night he was outcoached.  Jupp realized that we have no real creative ball handling midfielder, so he pressed the midfield high and with numbers.  Gustavo dominated us, and his persistent niggling fouls were perfectly executed everytime we shook clear with a lil room.  After we scored our holding middle dropped too deep as well - another signature element of Mourinho's cowardice.  All in all Bayern was better than us, and deserved to win the tie.  If we played a purer game we woulda come out of the Allianz with at least a draw and last night's win woulda been enough.  Hats off to Bayern though - they figured us out and prepared better for the match.  Their midfield in particular was almost flawless yesterday especially on the defensive end.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: April 26, 2012, 09:52:30 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/V9JBh6rRpZw&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/V9JBh6rRpZw&amp;feature=related</a>
Youtube Channel

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 26, 2012, 11:18:51 AM »
For all Mourinho's "genius", sometimes he's a f*cking coward.  His cowardice messed up a routine draw at the Allianz by making awful subs, backing off and inviting pressure and eventually conceding.  Last night he was outcoached.  Jupp realized that we have no real creative ball handling midfielder, so he pressed the midfield high and with numbers.  Gustavo dominated us, and his persistent niggling fouls were perfectly executed everytime we shook clear with a lil room.  After we scored our holding middle dropped too deep as well - another signature element of Mourinho's cowardice.  All in all Bayern was better than us, and deserved to win the tie.  If we played a purer game we woulda come out of the Allianz with at least a draw and last night's win woulda been enough.  Hats off to Bayern though - they figured us out and prepared better for the match.  Their midfield in particular was almost flawless yesterday especially on the defensive end.

Yeah man, Bayern's defending in the midfield was superb.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 26, 2012, 10:23:06 PM »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 26, 2012, 10:27:39 PM »

Good ting you does back de teams wit de dutchmen in it  :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

giggsy11

« Reply #1369 on: April 28, 2012, 09:27:02 AM »
come on Real!

I doh trust you yuh know...

Nah the goat geh curried yesterday!

Wait nuh! ! Giggsy, you still here?!?!  :devil: :rotfl:

Just gettin my last licks!  ;D

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #1370 on: May 03, 2012, 10:01:49 AM »
Robben extends stay at Bayern until 2015

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: May 03, 2012, 07:03:58 PM »
Robben extends stay at Bayern until 2015

This is good! He will need time to recover from de beatin dey going and get.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: May 15, 2012, 02:54:57 PM »
Stadium is lookin bess....

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: May 16, 2012, 07:23:09 PM »
UEFA Champions League Final Preview: FC Bayern München vs Chelsea FC
By Samrin Hasib (Featured Columnist)

With under three days to go, I have finally decided to preview the match. Before I start off, Chelsea fans could be a bit disappointed when they read this preview because this will be mostly about Bayern. So, will Bayern's quest to become the first winner in their home stadium since Inter Milan achieved the feat in 1965 be rewarded on Saturday?

First of all, let's take a look back to a campaign that has had its ups and downs. The qualifiers and the group stages passed like a whirlwind. Each and everyone one of Bayern's performances showcased their brilliant talents. The final game against City in the group which they lost when they were already assured of winning the group showed that the substitutes are pretty good too. One game I would like to pick out of the first six is a draw against Napoli in Italy.

That was arguably the toughest match Bayern played. Bayern led through an insanely early (2 mins) Toni Kroos goal (I know it wasn't as early as Roy Makaay's strike against Real). They were repeatedly battered down the right flank by Christian Maggio, who forced an equalizer when his cross was turned in by Holger Badstuber. Bayern earned a somewhat generous penalty which Mario Gomez went on to miss. That game truly showcased that even when coming into a match at their best, Bayern can be frustrating to watch at times.

In the next round they met Basel. They almost messed it up after losing the first leg but found a way to break records in the second. The games against Marseille saw Bayern prevail 4-0 on aggregate. Bayern dominated throughout but gave away at-least two clear cut chances in both games. The semis against Real Madrid have been discussed thoroughly before and there is nothing more to add except that even Iker Casillas feels Bayern's victory was deserved.

Just to remind everyone once again, a total of seven players are suspended for this match including John Terry, Ramires, Branislav Ivanovic and Raul Meireles for Chelsea. For Bayern, Holger Badstuber, Luiz Gustavo and David Alaba are suspended. Now that I have mentioned it, seven seems like an absurdly large number.

Now, let's look at how Bayern's suspensions will affect the team. The absence of David Alaba removes a major attacking threat on the left-flank. Alaba is a good defender as well. Franck Ribery and Alaba have a great partnership. Ribery strikes a good partnership with almost everyone in fairness to him though. Badstuber's absence leaves a gaping hole in central defence. Badstuber has been Bayern's best defender without a shadow of a doubt this season.

Bayern relies immensely on balance in the team to allow their football to flow. Luiz Gustavo allowed this fluidity by ensuring that Bastian Schweinsteiger or Toni Kroos had a free role to attack. He was the player who did a lot of the dirty work that Mark Van Bommel used to without picking up too many cards. He is a good tackler and can play as a central defender as well.

As a result, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Toni Kroos will have to partner each other in central defensive midfield. Both players have an attacking mindset. Both are good at regaining possession but Kroos is perhaps the better tackler. Kroos' movements up front will be slightly restricted as a result. Schweinsteiger will have to be at his best. Kroos' performance will be of utmost importance because when he clicks, Bayern clicks.

Jerome Boateng will have added responsibility at the back. He will have to cover for his partner in central defence at times whether it be Daniel Van Buyten and Anatoliy Tymoshchuk. Ribery will have to track back even though the Frenchman mostly does it. He will have to do so more than usual to help out Contento who hasn't had much match practice this season. Thomas Müller will perhaps be coming into attacking midfield now.

A look at raw statistics suggests Bayern has been the better side offensively and defensively. Bayern has conceded 10 goals in 14 games and scored 28 goals. Chelsea has conceded 11 goals in 12 games while they have scored 25 goals in the same span. If one takes away the qualifiers, Bayern has scored 25 goals, the same as Chelsea and conceded 10. So, just marginally, Bayern seems to have the better defence.

However, statistics are skewed. Chelsea played under two different managers in Andre Villas Boas and then under Roberto Di Matteo. Villas Boas' side was not the best defensively. Chelsea had to ensure survival in the competition on the last day in the group stages when Bayern was already guaranteed top spot and thus played reserves against City.

In truth, Bayern's good defence is also down to the simple fact that they control possession in all their matches and hence, leave the defence less exposed. Bayern is prone to counter-attacks as Dortmund very precisely showed last Saturday and as Real did in the semi-finals too. Manuel Neuer has made some wonderful saves this campaign to keep out the opposition.

Chelsea on the other hand showed brilliant defensive work against Barca even though Lionel Messi missed a penalty. Much of the Chelsea rearguard as mentioned previously will miss the final. David Luiz and Gary Cahill are training hard every day to be fit for the final but it seems that a last minute decision will be made on whether they can play.

Bayern has a poor conversion rate. Mario Gomez has had some strange misses throughout the competition. He will need to convert his chances if he gets any in the final considering that he hasn't been scoring too many off late. Gomez helps the team out a lot and with a better conversion rate than his current one, he could change a game as he did the first leg against Real Madrid.

These are the two possible line-ups for Bayern:

Manuel Neuer

Philipp Lahm- Jerome Boateng- Anatoliy Tymoshchuk- Diego Contento

Bastian Schweinsteiger- Toni Kroos

Arjen Robben- Thomas Müller- Franck Ribery

Mario Gomez

OR

Manuel Neuer

Philipp Lahm- Jerome Boateng- Daniel Van Buyten- Diego Contento

Bastian Schweinsteiger- Anatoliy Tymoshchuk

Arjen Robben- Toni Kroos- Franck Ribery

Mario Gomez

Recently, Van Buyten played in a match with the reserve side. The first line-up is basically a showcase of all of the best players for Bayern. It leaves Daniel Van Buyten and Ivica Olic as legitimate substitutes. The second one allows for balance in the side and keeps Müller as a valuable option on the bench. The problem though is whether Heynckes will opt for Van Buyten who just returned to fitness over Tymoshchuk. The first line-up looks the likelier of the two.

A home final for Bayern is very very special. The entire town is currently buzzing in anticipation of the women's final on Thursday between Lyon and Frankfurt and then for this one on Saturday. The Allianz Arena will not glow its usual red though. It will be white with shades of green and blue in accordance with the logo of the final.

This Bayern team is one of the best Bayern teams in history. They haven't won a major honour on the international stage and hence still cannot be compared to the team of the 70s or to even that of 2001. Stefan Effenberg asked Schweinsteiger to step up. The midfielder will undoubtedly have to do so considering serious questions are still posed regarding his fitness.

Bayern put in a terrible shift against Dortmund and recovering from a match like that will be difficult. This was the honour they missed out on in 2010. They have the chance to have another go at it- they have the chance of a life-time as a matter of fact to win the final at the Allianz Arena.

Now, Chelsea have a brilliant team even with the suspensions. Didier Drogba scares the living daylights out of almost every defender. Frank Lampard is a classy player despite his age. Juan Mata can strike a ball as good as Kroos or even Schweinsteiger if not better. Michael Essien in his prime was a fantastic defensive midfielder and he has a great strike on him too. Chelsea is highly capable of grabbing a goal and defending for their lives. 0-1 would be an ideal score-line for them.

The teams met twice previously in a quarter-final tie in the 2005-06 season. Chelsea won the first leg 4-2 at Stamford Bridge. Bayern won the second leg. Bayern was actually losing 1-2. They scored two goals at the final moments but their come-back came a tad too late to salvage anything from the tie. Of-course Chelsea was managed by a certain Jose Mourinho whom Bayern beat in the semis this year back then.

Franck Ribery missed out on the 2010 final. In terms of the starting players, this will be his first major European final. Arjen Robben suffered heart-break in 2010 as did the rest of the players. Philipp Lahm can become one of the best captains in the history of his hometown club if his side wins the trophy. Lahm deserves much credit for the revolution he caused with his backlash in 2009.

In 2009, Lahm spoke out against the Bayern 'ways' criticizing the hierarchy and indirectly Louis Van Gaal. The club fined him but took his words to heart. Van Gaal's attitude helped as he promoted youth. And now, Bayern is back in their second final in only three years. The question now is: can Bayern win it?

So, who do you think will win it? Let me hear your thoughts.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: May 17, 2012, 10:04:45 AM »
I just hope David Luiz not playing.

That man is a mistake in defence.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: May 18, 2012, 01:53:47 PM »
Local based, uuuuummm I eh have Sports Max, but ah notice de game should be on Fox.....not FSC, Fox.   All yuh know if Sports Max have de rights or some shyte so and I goh be scrambling to see the game tomorrow  or I goh be able to take it een on Fox??

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: May 18, 2012, 03:56:24 PM »
I just hope David Luiz not playing.

That man is a mistake in defence.

He will do just fine, doh study it.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: May 18, 2012, 03:57:57 PM »
what time this startin TT time
I pity the fool....

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: May 18, 2012, 04:35:47 PM »
what time this startin TT time

2:45 I think
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: May 18, 2012, 04:53:38 PM »
 :violin:

Go! Bayern
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>