0 (0%)
Tottenham
0 (0%)
Shakhtar Donetsk
0 (0%)
Valencia
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: UEFA Champions League Thread  (Read 301952 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA Champions League Thread 2010-2011
« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2010, 11:38:27 AM »
Inzaghi's second was real offside.  I doh know what the linesman was seein nah.
That goal should not have stood.

I don't know what alyuh watching but that goal was not offside. The furthest CB dropped from the line. Good goal.

If ever anyone needed proof how much a shithong Elan is..look it right here

You can only talk yuteman. You don't even have a clue. Try passing a coaching course or referee course and then talk to me. I am not proficient at Wiki or google.

I can guarantee I am more knowledagble about Football... on this forum is mainly shit talk but when I am serious you cannot come close

And at 20 years old I have 2 coaching certificates and a National license and references from many top coaches locally who have congratulated me on my success at youth level coaching which I have been doing since 19 and I'm currently coaching with Queens Park u12 and u14 and the assistant for Maple Leaf u19 with the head coach(my Dad) and Maple Leaf won the 1st division North Zone Title on Tuesday and we play St Anthonys in the Intercol today...unfortunately the lads arent fit enough and it will be a harsh lesson today but that's the bonus of being Champions..getting the chance to play at a higher level and learn... we play Malick in the promotion playoff next week to decide who comes up..that is the big picture..not today

Good for you.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 04, 2010, 12:04:38 PM »
That was not when the ball was passed, the ball was passed on the next touch and the 2nd Cb dropped.

Well the next touch of the ball after this pic is the kick, so yeah it was passed on the next touch, which was a split second after this frame, but I'm sure that's not what you mean.
Though the pic is blurry, what you see is the leg at the top of the backswing about to come forward to strike the ball.  There was no additional touch.

The linesman had Inzaghi on the grass-roller line, and all the defenders behind the line and he still couldn't get it right.

<a href="http://video.rutube.ru/b41e128723e40f15a22933682468c0f5]" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://video.rutube.ru/b41e128723e40f15a22933682468c0f5]</a>

I saying not offside because of how the CB was leaning, my thinking is that from the linesman view he saw them even. If you look at the lines on the field then yes you can say he is offside. I am looking at the players and their body position. I can be just as wrong as the linesman, but I feel he is kept honest by the bald head dude leaning towards his goal.

First off, they should have never played the line in that situation. The position of the ball allowed for a good timing run with a proper pass to catch them. The minute the passer had all that room the line should have dropped an forced the pass to play feet in front the defense, play the ball wider behind them, dribble or if he played that same ball over, the keeper would have a better chance of coming of his line to secure the ball. I have not heard Jose complain too much about the goal, cause I suspect he knew they should not have defended that situation like they did.

That was poor choice of defending.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 04, 2010, 12:22:01 PM »
Nice piece a shit talk

Alex Ferguson say Inzaghi was born offside  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 04, 2010, 12:42:51 PM »
Inzaghi's second was real offside.  I doh know what the linesman was seein nah.
That goal should not have stood.

Someone was saying in another thread that Real Madrid is consistently the beneficiary of questionable calls..

I should have been clearer..

Domestically!

dinho comment on old inzaghi now nah ....

steups... Inzaghi could be 70 years old and grey with a walking cane, and score a goal in a geriatrics league and yuh go make sure and hadda let me know about that eh?!  ::)

ha ha ha ha ..yeah I go rub it een every time ..... until you admit that Pippo is one of the best finishers in football , especially in the box... you know just what I was telling you ..... so long ago ...and it still so ... ha ha ha  You mean ah have to wait til he 70 before you go admit dat  :beermug:

No, no, no lewwe doh twist it.. You said Pippo was one of the best strikers in football all when he was scrubbing bench for Milan and that is how the argument start. Doh lemme hadda go and dig it up!

It have nobody love a goal more than Pippo and few are as positionally good as he is, but the man game is very limited. At least lewwe agree on that.

You eh read my post properly ......until you admit that Pippo is one of the best finishers in football , is that different from one of the best strikers in football ?  ...so I used the word finisher ...and you said before I said striker ...same ting ...as meh chihee partner used to say !

he was scrubbing bench because he had an injury but returned to score the winning goals for Milan in the european cup final ..after that you changed your name !! ha ha ha ha ... from omardinho to dinho ! is who forgetting now ?

..and remember I never rate Inzaghi as any complete player ..a la zidane etc. but I said as a striker ( finisher) he was as good as any on the planet, especially in the box. Something he proved then and is still demonstrating now .
Ian rush for liverpool ..remember him ? ...Liverpool eh scoring a goal and leaving out Rush ..... all kinda men in de build up and you only used to hear ...RUSHHH !! once ! and you know the score. Give Inzaghi  he Pipps ...if you eh get meh pun ... I done !

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 04, 2010, 02:12:25 PM »
offside or not, u cant blame pipo for that. the man make a bess finish, and he changed with his intensity when he came on.

Allyuh see the push he hit a fella?  :rotfl:

Pipo dread.......wheeeeeeyy......i always want to see him score.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 04, 2010, 02:22:43 PM »
While everyone checking out the offside.. anyone saw the smooch zagi put on ibra... kinda creepy :/

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 04, 2010, 02:53:02 PM »
I now watch da clip, Elan you cah be friggin serious fella.  Dat is undoubtedly offsides and is ah blown call by the line official.  Still Pippo ha to be de bess poacha on de planet jedd!!  He always does find heself in de mix fuh goals!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 04, 2010, 03:07:27 PM »
Pippo is a boss.

EVERY MANAGER wishes they had somebody like him in dem team

Defenders have to be on dem toes when Pippo on de field.  Yuh cyah relax...not fuh a moment

And linesmen hate him wit a passion because he does mek dem WUK
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 04, 2010, 03:43:08 PM »
Nice piece a shit talk

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 04, 2010, 03:54:41 PM »
Nice piece a shit talk

He eh kno nutten he buy Owen and ah fella of ah youtube video.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 11, 2010, 02:52:55 PM »

You eh read my post properly ......until you admit that Pippo is one of the best finishers in football , is that different from one of the best strikers in football ?  ...so I used the word finisher ...and you said before I said striker ...same ting ...as meh chihee partner used to say !

he was scrubbing bench because he had an injury but returned to score the winning goals for Milan in the european cup final ..after that you changed your name !! ha ha ha ha ... from omardinho to dinho ! is who forgetting now ?

..and remember I never rate Inzaghi as any complete player ..a la zidane etc. but I said as a striker ( finisher) he was as good as any on the planet, especially in the box. Something he proved then and is still demonstrating now .
Ian rush for liverpool ..remember him ? ...Liverpool eh scoring a goal and leaving out Rush ..... all kinda men in de build up and you only used to hear ...RUSHHH !! once ! and you know the score. Give Inzaghi  he Pipps ...if you eh get meh pun ... I done !

Sad new boy Jai... Yuh boy Inzaghi looking like he done for the season with a cruciate knee injury..

Hopefully this eh the end of the road.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/9355760

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 11, 2010, 08:05:56 PM »

Sad new boy Jai... Yuh boy Inzaghi looking like he done for the season with a cruciate knee injury..

Hopefully this eh the end of the road.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/9355760

It would be a real shame if that is the way he has to call time on his career... a younger player may recover ...but in a rebuilding team like Milan he may not get another comeback chance .... and I really cant see him playing for any other team ...but Italians seem to be ageless when it comes to football so I am not giving up on him yet.

giggsy11

« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2010, 02:06:45 PM »
United v Rangers- Berbatov have the gall tuh buff Scholes cause he gave him a bad pass! Wey he does got off; he cah not even productive enough tuh sniff Scholes jock strap! And it appears that he dosen't like tuh pass tuh Nani.I personally think Rooney has lost his appetite to play football even if he coming off a long lay off.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2010, 02:21:21 PM »
Pavlo does rell do shit when he ready oui!! ::)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2010, 02:45:43 PM »
Pavlo does rell do shit when he ready oui!! ::)

What Spurs doing against Bremen?

Rangers playing ah 8-2-0 lol

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2010, 03:29:40 PM »
How de ass Naismith really arguing dat foul on Fabio, ah mean really?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2010, 03:30:39 PM »
ROONEY!!!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2010, 03:46:16 PM »

Lol... and blue mad too yes.  Rangers played a bit more positively in the second half, but nobody could really argue with the result.  Rooney easily could have added two more goals.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2010, 07:16:08 PM »
How to play football, by Barcelona

<a href="http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/play?file=http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/6alcWDmTGKtouTqz4QSt/mov/1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/play?file=http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/6alcWDmTGKtouTqz4QSt/mov/1</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2010, 07:46:48 PM »
Never had a team in England but starting to like Spurs...

Good footballing squad both on and off the ball.  Could use an injection of quality and some depth but they attempt to play football for the people who pay to see them... and not just the the people who see them as a business.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2010, 09:50:54 PM »

Lol... and blue mad too yes.  Rangers played a bit more positively in the second half, but nobody could really argue with the result.  Rooney easily could have added two more goals.
        Just for discussion sake,as a Coach knowing what Rooney have been through the past couple of weeks and now finding his way back into the game/team,would you feel comfortable letting him take that penalty?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2010, 11:37:10 PM »
        Just for discussion sake,as a Coach knowing what Rooney have been through the past couple of weeks and now finding his way back into the game/team,would you feel comfortable letting him take that penalty?

Absolutely!  I'm not a Fergie fan, but yuh have to give de man his due... he's a boss tactician and he knows how to wrangle all them conflicting egos in the locker room.  I like the move for three reasons:

a) Yuh telling him that he's really back in yuh good graces, that all the drama of the past month is water under the bridge.

b) Yuh telling him yuh have faith in him taking and making the penalty... especially with Giggsy on the pitch beside him.

c) Yuh giving him a chance to just see the ball bulge the back of the net... help him get back in goal-scoring form.

What about you, what are your thoughts?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 24, 2010, 11:45:16 PM »

Easy decision for a number of reasons, not least of which being that rooney takes really good pk's.  I actually like (and hate to admit this) to see him take pk's.  His lil' sideways steps for momentum does look rel cool.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2010, 11:49:48 PM »
Never had a team in England but starting to like Spurs...

Good footballing squad both on and off the ball.  Could use an injection of quality and some depth but they attempt to play football for the people who pay to see them... and not just the the people who see them as a business.

Very dangerous side indeed and they startin' to look like the team I used to like back in the early 80's, a team that could win or go long and play spoiler in any cup competition.  I don't see them having the consistency to win the league, for possibly the needs you pointed out, but they lookin' to do some serious damage in the CL.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 25, 2010, 05:44:06 AM »

Absolutely!  I'm not a Fergie fan, but yuh have to give de man his due... he's a boss tactician and he knows how to wrangle all them conflicting egos in the locker room.  I like the move for three reasons:

a) Yuh telling him that he's really back in yuh good graces, that all the drama of the past month is water under the bridge.

b) Yuh telling him yuh have faith in him taking and making the penalty... especially with Giggsy on the pitch beside him.

c) Yuh giving him a chance to just see the ball bulge the back of the net... help him get back in goal-scoring form.

What about you, what are your thoughts?
     First off i like your thoughts.The reason i brought this up is because i thought it was a gutsy decision by Fergie,this is what makes guys like him the managers they are,it's about knowing and having confidence in the players you have.
     The hang up i may have had would be if that penalty did not score what adverse effects it would have within the team but this is what this game is all about,a Coach has to go with his best instincts.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 25, 2010, 09:42:59 AM »
So UEFA launches an investigation into Ramos and Xabi allegedly deliberately getting themselves second yellows so they would miss the last group game and have a clean slate coming into the knock-out rounds.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/62Eoj8zBadw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/62Eoj8zBadw</a>
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 10:09:34 AM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 25, 2010, 10:06:53 AM »
     First off i like your thoughts.The reason i brought this up is because i thought it was a gutsy decision by Fergie,this is what makes guys like him the managers they are,it's about knowing and having confidence in the players you have.
     The hang up i may have had would be if that penalty did not score what adverse effects it would have within the team but this is what this game is all about,a Coach has to go with his best instincts.

I think the team woulda handle it fine man.  If anything ah woulda been worried about the adverse effects the miss mighta had on Rooney himself.  But that is such a veteran team that I think them fellas woulda been fine man.  

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 25, 2010, 10:23:54 AM »
So UEFA launches an investigation into Ramos and Xabi allegedly deliberately getting themselves second yellows so they would miss the last group game and have a clean slate coming into the knock-out rounds.

Is that against the law or will it just go down as nasty gamesmanship. 

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 25, 2010, 10:59:19 AM »

Well I don't see how it could go down as 'nasty gamemanship' because nothing was done against Ajax. They were just being 'clever' and UEFA are less than amused but I don't see what they could legitimately charge them with.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 25, 2010, 11:04:30 AM »

I wouldn't even go as far as to call it nasty, either.  It's all strategic and I have far less problem with it (I actually have NO problem with it)  than I do with men divin' for penalties, free kicks and opponents' punishment.  Nobody was harmed, nobody was fouled, no immediate gain for RM other than to have a full squad for the start of the knockout stage.  This form of strategizing goes on all the time, it's just not always made tolook as obvious.

1]; } ?>