0 (0%)
Tottenham
0 (0%)
Shakhtar Donetsk
0 (0%)
Valencia
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: UEFA Champions League Thread  (Read 300306 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 UEFA Champions League Thread
« Reply #2430 on: March 09, 2017, 09:11:00 AM »
this lorse for PSG worse than Arsenal lorse.....if I were a PSG fan I'd burn my shirt...that was a damn disgrace

I was saying the same thing yesterday. At least Arsenal had a mountain to climb and were IMO overmatched.  PSG had a 4 nil lead to begin and even got an away goal.  The penalty give away was very unintelligent. and the inability to buckle down knowing barca still needed 2 goals is inexplicable.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: March 09, 2017, 09:26:35 AM »
Yuh mean to say dey get way A-gain????
Bruh! Barca beat dem 6-1 and win 6-5 on agg
Is Barca I was referring to!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2432 on: March 09, 2017, 12:49:24 PM »
Barcelona-PSG shows game should not rush rule changes - FIFA's Infantino.
By PA Sports.

FIFA president Gianni Infantino says Barcelona's remarkable comeback victory over Paris Saint-Germain showed football's law makers should be careful with adjusting the rules.

Infantino added that video assistant referees (VARs) will ensure "clear mistakes" will be corrected, although he refused to comment on the controversial penalty award for a foul on Luis Suarez that resulted in Barca's fifth goal.

VARs are being introduced gradually on a trial basis and replays showed contact between Suarez and Marquinhos was minimal.

Trailing 5-3 on aggregate after a 4-0 first-leg loss, Barca needed three goals with two minutes of normal time remaining and prevailed 6-5 courtesy of Sergi Roberto's strike in the fifth minute of stoppage time.

Infantino said in London on Thursday: "Whether that particular case was an injustice or not, we can leave it to the judgement of the referee [Germany's Deniz Aytekin].

"What we saw was an incredible football match, whatever the result would have been at the end. This shows that football is really a fantastic game.

"Whenever you have the feeling you have seen everything, something else comes along that you've never seen before. It's just amazing and incredible.

"We have to really be careful in the IFAB [International Football Association Board] if we want to touch the rules, because football is such an incredible game.

"In this case, I don't know if it was a clear mistake or not but, in future, when there are clear mistakes, this will be corrected by the video assistant referee so we can make sure decisive matches are not decided by mistakes made in good faith by the referee."

The IFAB is to discuss a range of subjects this month, a law change that would allow only captains to speak to referees, sin bins, video replays, extra substitutions and a change to penalty shootouts based on the format used for tiebreakers in tennis.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: March 09, 2017, 03:38:09 PM »
this lorse for PSG worse than Arsenal lorse.....if I were a PSG fan I'd burn my shirt...that was a damn disgrace

I was saying the same thing yesterday. At least Arsenal had a mountain to climb and were IMO overmatched.  PSG had a 4 nil lead to begin and even got an away goal.  The penalty give away was very unintelligent. and the inability to buckle down knowing barca still needed 2 goals is inexplicable.

There has to be a wholesale shake up in both team and administration for PSG to retain any respectability as someone has to be held accountable. If I were a PSG fan the first thing I would be saying is that someone was paid off because they looked ill-prepared. Even Ligue 1 should be looking into it as it is a national embarrassment.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: March 09, 2017, 03:48:22 PM »
PSG got outplayed because they submitted themselves to the pressure of the occasion. They friggin panic from the get go. They panic more when the gave up a soft penalty. And it did not help with another soft one when Neymar was "tripped" in the area. But honestly Barsa deserved it, because they psyched out PSG.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: March 09, 2017, 04:09:41 PM »
PSG got outplayed because they submitted themselves to the pressure of the occasion. They friggin panic from the get go. They panic more when the gave up a soft penalty. And it did not help with another soft one when Neymar was "tripped" in the area. But honestly Barsa deserved it, because they psyched out PSG.

Many teams would have similarly panicked

Is not easy playin in dem environments...no matter how experienced you are
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: March 09, 2017, 04:41:33 PM »

Many teams would have similarly panicked

Is not easy playin in dem environments...no matter how experienced you are

it not easy but with ah lil composure, grit and a bit of luck camp nou can be conquered or at least suppressed....chelsea do it wit ah team operating basically in labourer mode....PSG eh show no nerve plain talk
I pity the fool....

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: March 09, 2017, 07:48:27 PM »
Out psyched nah  not when your average salary is over 100,000 pounds a week.....not if you're always one of the tops teams in Ligue 1

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2438 on: March 13, 2017, 09:26:06 AM »
Barcelona-PSG replay petition tops 100,000 signatures
By PA Sports.

An online petition calling for Barcelona's 6-1 win over Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League to be replayed has gained over 100,000 signatures.

The victory at the Camp Nou on Wednesday evening carried Barcelona through to the quarterfinals 6-5 on aggregate, with Sergi Roberto striking the clinching goal in the fifth minute of stoppage time.

Real Madrid supporter Luis Melendo Olmedo began the petition on Friday, citing a string of what he felt were mistakes by referee Deniz Aytekin, and by Sunday afternoon the number of backers for his campaign had reached six figures.

The petition on change.org states: "I want to request a replaying of the Barcelona-PSG match."

It then lists the reason as being: "Incidents that seriously damaged PSG. As a consequence of the refereeing of the German Deniz Aytekin who benefited Barcelona with his actions and his refereeing.

"That is why I question the aptitude of the referee for his serious mistakes made during the match.

"I present evidence to anyone who wants to see them."

The petition then lists a succession of incidents that its founder considers Aytekin to have got wrong, beginning with Barcelona's opening goal from Luis Suarez, which it says should have been disallowed for offside.

Despite the numbers responding to the petition, the absence of any such appeal from PSG, who have accepted the result, means there is no prospect of UEFA ordering an unprecedented replay.

FIFA president Gianni Infantino spoke about the match on Friday and said football's law makers should be careful with adjusting the rules.

Infantino added that video assistant referees (VARs) will in future ensure "clear mistakes" will be corrected, although the Swiss refused to comment on the controversial penalty award for a foul on Luis Suarez which resulted in Barcelona's fifth goal.

It was reported by Spanish newspaper Marca on Thursday that Aytekin could be sidelined by UEFA for the rest of this season's Champions League, after the scrutiny on his decisions.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: March 14, 2017, 02:58:49 PM »
Uh oh, Leicester is ahead!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: March 15, 2017, 01:56:47 PM »
Drama in the Barca vs PSG game. Barca collect 4 in the first game now they leading 3-0 (4-3 on agg.) with 30 mins left :nailbiting:
Cavani scored a crucial goal just after I typed the previous post 3-1 now (5-3 on agg) plenty time still.

Brilliant goal by Cavani. Outside of the boot on the volley. Classy.

Watched the first leg yesterday. Just finished viewing the second from start to finish. So many teachable moments!

In the end, it would have been better for Veratti to leave ter Stegen with the ball than to foul him.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: March 15, 2017, 02:28:21 PM »
Uh oh, Leicester is ahead!
And they advanced....another magical ride perhaps???

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: March 15, 2017, 03:24:18 PM »
Set plays are proving to be the undoing of teams.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: March 17, 2017, 06:10:29 AM »
Atlético (ESP) v Leicester (ENG)
Dortmund (GER) v Monaco (FRA)
Bayern (GER) v Real Madrid (ESP)
Juventus (ITA) v Barcelona (ESP)

Ah backing Juventus, Leicester, Dortmund and Bayern

« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:12:37 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: March 17, 2017, 10:26:33 AM »
Once again Leicester got a favorable draw. I'm not saying they'll get past Atlético but out of all the teams that's the one they stand a shot at. The other three games will be fire :flamethrower:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: March 17, 2017, 11:41:06 AM »
Once again Leicester got a favorable draw. I'm not saying they'll get past Atlético but out of all the teams that's the one they stand a shot at. The other three games will be fire :flamethrower:

Having a Premier League title under his belt, what would Kante rather win (aside from another PL title)?  :devil:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: April 18, 2017, 03:11:49 PM »
Real Madrid beating up on Bayern in overtime now. With Atletico already qualified for the semi's, Real on their way and Barca still have a chance tomorrow....it shows once again that La Liga has the top clubs right now.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: April 18, 2017, 03:16:43 PM »
Real Madrid beating up on Bayern in overtime now. With Atletico already qualified for the semi's, Real on their way and Barca still have a chance tomorrow....it shows once again that La Liga has the top clubs right now.

i have a better chance at Kim Kardashian

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: April 18, 2017, 06:26:34 PM »
Ref. screwed Bayern!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: April 18, 2017, 06:40:19 PM »

:rotfl: I'll like to see Juve make it but after PSG, you never know.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: April 18, 2017, 07:36:29 PM »

If yuh is a black man, that would practically make Barca odds on favorites
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: May 10, 2017, 01:04:39 PM »
Game on! Yes, sir!  :applause:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: May 10, 2017, 09:09:56 PM »
Benzema literally walked on a tight rope to go past those 3 men for Madrid's goal.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: May 11, 2017, 05:10:00 AM »
Benzema literally walked on a tight rope to go past those 3 men for Madrid's goal.

The definition of the game changing on a dime.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: May 11, 2017, 08:22:12 AM »

The definition of the game changing on a dime.
Absolutely!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: June 03, 2017, 07:50:26 AM »
Is Everybody ready to rumblelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: June 03, 2017, 01:17:33 PM »
LORD HAVE MERCY!!!!! mandzukic
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: June 03, 2017, 01:26:03 PM »
Deliteful

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: June 03, 2017, 01:28:18 PM »
Deserved and welcomed equaliser. 1-1.

The error leading to Ronaldo's goal occurred at the edge of Madrid's penalty area. Would have to see the replay to identify the player who was indecisive on transition defensively. Highlights how mistakes are punished at this level of the game.

What an equaliser. Something from nothing. Once an ex-Atlético Madrid player is on the field, yuh could count on that. :P

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: June 03, 2017, 01:44:30 PM »
Deserved and welcomed equaliser. 1-1.

The error leading to Ronaldo's goal occurred at the edge of Madrid's penalty area. Would have to see the replay to identify the player who was indecisive on transition defensively. Highlights how mistakes are punished at this level of the game.

What an equaliser. Something from nothing. Once an ex-Atlético Madrid player is on the field, yuh could count on that. :P

realize dat d 3-4 passes dat make dat goal d ball never touch d ground
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>