0 (0%)
Tottenham
0 (0%)
Shakhtar Donetsk
0 (0%)
Valencia
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: UEFA Champions League Thread  (Read 297882 times)

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chelsea v Racing Genk Thread (19-Oct-2011).
« Reply #750 on: October 19, 2011, 02:24:40 PM »
this just embarrasing now

True talk, I feel de '87 Signal Hill team with Yorke and Hutchinson coulda beat this team... :)
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 19, 2011, 02:25:30 PM »

He needs a coach to help him define his style and use his tools better. Alarming that this coach keeps putting him in the back line bec he's really not a CB. He's big but not a defender. Looks like the coach sees a little CB in him tho.

So his coach who is with him in training week in week out thinks he could play centre back but you think that is alarming because he is not one by your estimation??
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 19, 2011, 02:34:18 PM »
Watched Hyland play on the weekend as well as today and its the same thing, SLOW SLOW SLOWWWWWWWW. He isn't aggressive at all and uses little or no pace.

He needs a coach to help him define his style and use his tools better. Alarming that this coach keeps putting him in the back line bec he's really not a CB. He's big but not a defender. Looks like the coach sees a little CB in him tho.

Hyland is an old school TRUE CM. Stays in the middle of the field and recieves passes and distributes passes. No set of work, no set of tackles. There is no place in the game (not really anyway) for a player like him.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/05/04/how-the-2000s-changed-tactics-1-the-fall-and-rise-of-the-passing-midfielder/
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 19, 2011, 02:37:37 PM »
Genk coach is not good. the team has no style, and creative. they need a coach,

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 19, 2011, 02:38:52 PM »
Well only 1-0 after Hyland switched to CB so thats good.  I turned it off after 75 minutes but he looked OK.  Then again it seemed Chelsea sort of took their foot of the pedal.  Hopefully he plays in the return fixture.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 19, 2011, 02:39:07 PM »
the difference between Masch and Hyland is Masch is a veteran who good enough to play either while Hyland is a young player who now looking to establish himself

Whatever fellah that is just bs talk.. 

Mascherano filled into the Barcelona backline under pretty much the same circumstances as Hyland... Injuries! Have nothing to do with him being a veteran or his experience, because he never filled in there for Liverpool, West Ham or Corinthians before that. The fact is that when you have no CB's available a DM is usually the next best option because of their positional awareness and obviously the coach sees Hyland as the best candidate among his squad.

The Genk back line looked more solid with Hyland in the back. Positionally he was decent, he distributed very well when in possession and he did the simple things right. The plain and simple fact is that they came up against a team that was miles better than them in every position on the field and it showed.

Happy for Hyland, for the experience gained and the opportunity to play against some world stars.

One to tell the kids about.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 19, 2011, 02:41:22 PM »
true, some of the players on genk is shitty....

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 19, 2011, 02:44:15 PM »
A start is a start .....with hard work and determination you will improve!Hyland little stones fill the basket,Champion League is no joke!!and I could say anything from my sofa!!!!!! here look some positive energy meh boy!!!
tell them it was me

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 19, 2011, 02:49:10 PM »
I from old school and playing at one pace is not old school, the kid has talent but it is suprising that his coaches have not addressed his speed of game. The first thing i noticed when playing abroad is the speed of the game and had to address it and it starts in training. I have not seen the kid play much but he looks like he has good touches and composure but even Socates, falco, platini etc and i am not comparing ability  just style, they had change of pace. I guarantee if he adds that he will be at a better level of play than Belgium.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 19, 2011, 02:51:50 PM »
at least we have another cb option in a pinch. chelsea step off the brakes. this genk side was good for about 7 this evening.

Hyland is an old school TRUE CM. Stays in the middle of the field and recieves passes and distributes passes. No set of work, no set of tackles. There is no place in the game (not really anyway) for a player like him.

disagree somewhat. his strength is in his versatility. i think what you are seeing here is him being pegged into a limited role by genk. against england he showed good movement and roamed forward a lot. under latas and mats he also pushed up in attack frequently. you are correct that he is a true CM in aptitude but his IMO size, tackling, shielding, positioning and  passing ability makes him is a good candidate to mould into a deep playing DM. For T&T anyway.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:53:30 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 19, 2011, 02:54:55 PM »
the difference between Masch and Hyland is Masch is a veteran who good enough to play either while Hyland is a young player who now looking to establish himself

Whatever fellah that is just bs talk.. 

Mascherano filled into the Barcelona backline under pretty much the same circumstances as Hyland... Injuries! Have nothing to do with him being a veteran or his experience, because he never filled in there for Liverpool, West Ham or Corinthians before that. The fact is that when you have no CB's available a DM is usually the next best option because of their positional awareness and obviously the coach sees Hyland as the best candidate among his squad.

The Genk back line looked more solid with Hyland in the back. Positionally he was decent, he distributed very well when in possession and he did the simple things right. The plain and simple fact is that they came up against a team that was miles better than them in every position on the field and it showed.

Happy for Hyland, for the experience gained and the opportunity to play against some world stars.

One to tell the kids about.
Won't agrue with u but anybody can look at Hyland and see he's not a CB. If he was he'd be playing there from time. You comparing Hyland to a big player like Masch tells me we can't continue this discussion. Have a good one.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:59:36 PM by lil damo »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 19, 2011, 03:07:22 PM »
at least we have another cb option in a pinch. chelsea step off the brakes. this genk side was good for about 7 this evening.

disagree somewhat. his strength is in his versatility. i think what you are seeing here is him being pegged into a limited role by genk. against england he showed good movement and roamed forward a lot. under latas and mats he also pushed up in attack frequently. you are correct that he is a true CM in aptitude but his IMO size, tackling, shielding, positioning and  passing ability makes him is a good candidate to mould into a deep playing DM. For T&T anyway.

Tackling is not a strength of Hyland. He may look like it in T&T, but his lack of speed and his natural inclination for positioning rather than outright confrontation makes him a true CM. He will struggle in an outright DCM position against fast teams and teams that playing a player in the hole. If he plays as a DCM then it will have to be in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-1-2-1 as he will need help in tackling. Looking at him for T&T you can see this.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 19, 2011, 03:08:34 PM »
Only one bright spot in the game (and I'm not talking about Villas-Boas)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 19, 2011, 03:09:23 PM »
I from old school and playing at one pace is not old school, the kid has talent but it is suprising that his coaches have not addressed his speed of game. The first thing i noticed when playing abroad is the speed of the game and had to address it and it starts in training. I have not seen the kid play much but he looks like he has good touches and composure but even Socates, falco, platini etc and i am not comparing ability  just style, they had change of pace. I guarantee if he adds that he will be at a better level of play than Belgium.

You missed the point. Not saying he cannot change speed, he can, but even if he changed speed or got faster and attempts to play like that he will struggle big time as it's not his Natural attributes. Read the articles and maybe you will understand.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 19, 2011, 03:12:09 PM »
Only one bright spot in the game (and I'm not talking about Villas-Boas)

I always wondered who that sexy medic was. She sweet

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: October 19, 2011, 03:19:32 PM »
Trinidad & Tobago has found a new Centre Back to partner with Julius James. Sorry Powers the man take yuh spot.
 Otto must be a nappy man. Now he has one less player to fill the midfield position as there are many contenders.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 19, 2011, 03:36:41 PM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 19, 2011, 04:38:46 PM »
rough afternoon, Mr Hyland?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 19, 2011, 04:52:03 PM »
In all fairness I think that hyland had a good run out. For a first timer at this level I was really impressed with his composure on de ball. As was noted, he started slow and is slow and was left for pace on a couple of occasions however a smart coach could use him correctly and minimize de fallout. I also felt that his teammates at times denied him the ball even when in better space than others.. If he got more starts for his team, had a coach like tony Pulis and was able to play at a high level I believe this man could do great things. Hey mikel nor Makalele was that quick but rely more on reading the play and decisive tackles and passes. All in all I was pretty impressed and in my opinion, he looked a touch better than most of his teammates.  Ah going to sleep now!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 19, 2011, 04:57:31 PM »
what was the final score?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Champions League Thread, 2011/2012
« Reply #770 on: October 19, 2011, 06:04:29 PM »
Football funny in truth yes. All game Arsenal hitting crosses into the box with one man waiting for the cross. Nutten happen. No time left Marseille bunker down with 10, cross come in and three men attacking it, goal to the Arsenal. Hint hint!!! ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #771 on: October 19, 2011, 06:24:12 PM »
what was the final score?

Group E
FT Bayer Leverkusen 2 - 1 Valencia
FT Chelsea 5 - 0 Racing Genk

Group F
FT Marseille 0 - 1 Arsenal
FT Olympiakos 3 - 1 Borussia Dortmund

Group G
FT FC Porto 1 - 1 Apoel Nicosia
FT Shakhtar Donetsk 2 - 2 Zenit St Petersburg

Group H
FT AC Milan 2 - 0 BATE Borisov
FT Barcelona 2 - 0 Viktoria Plzen
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 19, 2011, 06:28:49 PM »
play de CL fittball... learn as you go kid...

like DeBruyn...

also...that shit coach allyuh talking bout... was'nt Mario Been part of Don Leo's staff at the world cup 2006 ??... did he not come in as our " dead ball " coach ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 19, 2011, 07:02:54 PM »
He had a decent game.  He just need to put hard pressure on the opposition at all times, no trotting across to block a shot, he has to get there.
A little more determination will help him a lot.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 19, 2011, 10:54:51 PM »

Tackling is not a strength of Hyland. He may look like it in T&T, but his lack of speed and his natural inclination for positioning rather than outright confrontation makes him a true CM. He will struggle in an outright DCM position against fast teams and teams that playing a player in the hole. If he plays as a DCM then it will have to be in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-1-2-1 as he will need help in tackling. Looking at him for T&T you can see this.

from what i saw of him in this game and in the past think he can develop confrontation ability enough under a decent coach to hold it down in a 4-2-3-1. obviously the speed is the limiting factor here. if he had peltier's legs he probably would probably be at Championship level by now.

i think in T&T he had enough to be a 'star' with little competition. fenwick used to say he could play hyland effectively from DM all the way up the pitch to striker. if he grew up in europe or s. america his limits would be more apparent and his deficiencies worked on a lot sooner.

same with shadon winchester who could play well as a striker in T&T but seem to be ketching hell outside
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 20, 2011, 03:55:36 AM »
also...that shit coach allyuh talking bout... was'nt Mario Been part of Don Leo's staff at the world cup 2006 ??... did he not come in as our " dead ball " coach ???

Correct Big Mag!! He was one of Leo's assistants in the 2006 campaign.  This man coach in the Eredivisie for over 6 years but all of a sudden, somebody from find that Genk aint go toe-toe with one of the best teams in the world and now he is a shit coach! LOL.

Dinho, yuh talkin sense, but doh waste yuh time!!

Hyland cyar do this and Hyland cyar do dat!! How much ah allyuh does train in Belgium with the man to see what he does do in training??  I read where a man say that the coach put Hyland as a CB because he was passing shit in de midfield ??? what kind of nonsense is that?? What this forum coming to?

The whole Genk side started off nervously, it is expected, it was Chelsea they were playing.  This same Genk side drew 0-0 with Valencia under this same coach..........so Valencia shitty too?

Some ah dese fellas doh know when to shut up!! LOL. 

This was the biggest game of Hyland's young career and in all honesty, he had a decent game.

ps: My only concern with us (T&T) playing Hyland as a CB is the strength of his heading ability.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 20, 2011, 08:09:30 AM »

Correct Big Mag!! He was one of Leo's assistants in the 2006 campaign.  This man coach in the Eredivisie for over 6 years but all of a sudden, somebody from find that Genk aint go toe-toe with one of the best teams in the world and now he is a shit coach! LOL.

Dinho, yuh talkin sense, but doh waste yuh time!!

Hyland cyar do this and Hyland cyar do dat!! How much ah allyuh does train in Belgium with the man to see what he does do in training??  I read where a man say that the coach put Hyland as a CB because he was passing shit in de midfield ??? what kind of nonsense is that?? What this forum coming to?

The whole Genk side started off nervously, it is expected, it was Chelsea they were playing.  This same Genk side drew 0-0 with Valencia under this same coach..........so Valencia shitty too?

Some ah dese fellas doh know when to shut up!! LOL. 

This was the biggest game of Hyland's young career and in all honesty, he had a decent game.

ps: My only concern with us (T&T) playing Hyland as a CB is the strength of his heading ability.

ah love it!!
:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 20, 2011, 08:20:49 AM »
I read where a man say that the coach put Hyland as a CB because he was passing shit in de midfield ??? what kind of nonsense is that??

Iz like a small goal sweat where a man pullin' stones and a man bawl take a shift in the back and take bang lol...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 01, 2011, 12:37:20 PM »
Hyland Watch

Once again in de starting line-up against Chelsea
Either Genk going with a 3-4-3 or he will be playing center back once more  :beermug:

Genk Koteles, Vanden Borre, Hyland, Nadson, Ngcongca, Tozser, Buffel, Camus, De Bruyne, Vossen, Nwanganga
Subs Sandomierski,Barda, Dugary, Sarr, Durwael, Limbombe, Ofori-Appiah
Chelsea Cech, Bosingwa, Luiz, Ivanovic, Cole, Ramires, Romeu, Meireles, Malouda, Torres, Anelka.
Subs Turnbull, Lampard, Mata, McEachran, Kalou, Sturridge, Terry
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 01:27:59 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 01, 2011, 12:56:35 PM »
I read where a man say that the coach put Hyland as a CB because he was passing shit in de midfield ??? what kind of nonsense is that??

Iz like a small goal sweat where a man pullin' stones and a man bawl take a shift in the back and take bang lol...

:rotfl:

1]; } ?>