0 (0%)
Tottenham
0 (0%)
Shakhtar Donetsk
0 (0%)
Valencia
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: UEFA Champions League Thread  (Read 297854 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA Champions League Thread 2010-2011
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2010, 02:48:57 PM »
Aye i wonder how my fantasy football side looking.....

shitty :devil:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2010, 02:53:29 PM »
Aye i wonder how my fantasy football side looking.....

i ripping up.. feeling lil prophetic

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2010, 03:07:56 PM »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2010, 03:14:31 PM »
We win today eh....  :'(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2010, 03:37:28 PM »
Messi's goal, don't know how long the link will last.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/px0ufsRdxsk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/px0ufsRdxsk</a>

Every one of dem defenders should be shot for leaving him wide open like dat. Keeper had no chance with a bullet like dat. None.

How is the defenders to be blamed. Did you see the distance from where the shot was taken.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2010, 03:48:07 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/px0ufsRdxsk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/px0ufsRdxsk</a>

Every one of dem defenders should be shot for leaving him wide open like dat. Keeper had no chance with a bullet like dat. None.

How is the defenders to be blamed. Did you see the distance from where the shot was taken.

Where was the closest defender to messi when he got the ball before he shot? Not even one there looking to intercept the pass or at least make life difficult. Dey all focused on the ball..and paid the price.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2010, 03:56:10 PM »
Final Score Inter 4 -Spurs 3

Amazing fightback in the second half but 4 goals was just too much to overcome....Gareth Bale is on an amazing run of form though.  Now only if we can get our first half issues in away games we'd bet set.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2010, 03:57:45 PM »
Bale first goal v Spurs (it doesn't show where he picked up that ball from).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeAZin-y92o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jeAZin-y92o</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2010, 04:09:38 PM »

Where was the closest defender to messi when he got the ball before he shot? Not even one there looking to intercept the pass or at least make life difficult. Dey all focused on the ball..and paid the price.

Well it should be a defensive mid should be shadowing him

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2010, 04:24:14 PM »

Well it should be a defensive mid should be shadowing him

From how it looked...a defender at the top of the screen stopped following a man who made a run into the box. Messi dropped off a defender..who was confused by the man who made the run in.....and the defender decided to shadow the player making the run in...leaving messi with acres of space..and the defender who stopped following as a spectator along with everyone else.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2010, 06:19:02 PM »

Amazing fightback in the second half but 4 goals was just too much to overcome....Gareth Bale is on an amazing run of form though.  Now only if we can get our first half issues in away games we'd bet set.

They sparkle a little, but still end up in ... pieces!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2010, 06:33:18 PM »

10 men pull back 3 goals against the defending champions and that's 'sparkle a little'?   Allyuh men is kicks yes.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2010, 11:57:38 AM »
FC Barcelona 2-0 FC Kopenhagen
1-0 : Messi 19'
2-0 : Messi 90+2'

Messi also scored his 137th goal with Barça and he is now the 5th best scorer of all time.

Ahead of him now are only Escolà (164), Samitier (178), Kubala (196) and César (235).

Raul also scored 2 on Wed night. Class player!!

Més que un club.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2010, 12:01:07 PM »

10 men pull back 3 goals against the defending champions and that's 'sparkle a little'?   Allyuh men is kicks yes.

If yuh ent realize it was kicks...

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=50342.0

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2010, 10:33:36 AM »
FC København vs FC Barcelona [R]

Tuesday, 2 November 2010, 2:45, Trinidad Time

Parken Stadium Copenhagen, Denmark

København have never beaten Spanish opponents in home European matches, losing two and drawing one of the three games. Only the 1-1 draw with Real Betis Balompié in the 1997/98 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup second round offers them some respite from Spanish supremacy.

Leo Messi is one goal away from setting two records, one personal and one historical on the club level.  Should he score today, it will be his 100th goal under his current coach, Josep Guardiola. In addition, he would become FC Barcelona’s leading goal scorer in international competitions. Currently, he is tied with Brazilian Rivaldo, at 31. Should he score his 32nd goal, he will have scored more times in international competitions than anyone else in the history of FC Barcelona.

Més que un club.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2010, 02:11:52 PM »
Right now Gareth Bale telling Maicon, I is not yuh daddy, I is just the milkman...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2010, 02:46:29 PM »
Right now Gareth Bale telling Maicon, I is not yuh daddy, I is just the milkman...

Meh padna now text meh and say Bale have Maicon looking like an orthodox RB and if he was the coach he would ah take him off. Fuss Bale have him looking ordinary.

Més que un club.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2010, 03:03:03 PM »
Bale at it again.  Ghost past somebody dey I couldn't see who but it wasn't Maicon.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 02, 2010, 03:08:29 PM »

Meh padna now text meh and say Bale have Maicon looking like an orthodox RB and if he was the coach he would ah take him off. Fuss Bale have him looking ordinary.
      Is not only Maicon,that whole Inter defence need to be subed,Crouch looking like Messi today.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 02, 2010, 03:34:09 PM »
So Bale has completely and utterly dominated Inter tonight.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 02, 2010, 09:50:43 PM »
I never thought I would see the day a British player abuse a Brazilian like that... all the more stunning that is Maicon.

Last goal he give Lucio a size 58' belt.. Longest belt i see in years.

Spurs better break the bank and give this man a big contract fast.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 02, 2010, 09:51:02 PM »
You up 4-0 in a 1st leg, and still lose the tie. Inter want licks!

It was painful to see Maicon today.  Never thought ah woulda see a big defender look bad so, but then again, same thing I said about Desailly, Thuram, Blanc, Maldini.

Ah hoping he just going tru a bad patch, but he may be washed up. To make it worse, nobody ain't even come across to help. Maybe they too used to seeing him dominate people.

Ketch footballitis

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 02, 2010, 11:03:48 PM »
You up 4-0 in a 1st leg, and still lose the tie. Inter want licks!

It was painful to see Maicon today.  Never thought ah woulda see a big defender look bad so, but then again, same thing I said about Desailly, Thuram, Blanc, Maldini.

Ah hoping he just going tru a bad patch, but he may be washed up. To make it worse, nobody ain't even come across to help. Maybe they too used to seeing him dominate people.
Well Well Well....Bale officially bump himself up to beast status wit dat one today.....I have never in all the years of watching football see a top defender get totally and utterly abused so throughout the whole game....ah mean not playing good on occasion is one thing but LAWD...what was dat??? And sadly the man is still a great defender, is just Bale finally figure out dat he is not to fear defenders but make defenders fear him....ALLYUH see the fear in the Inter defenders eyes when homeboy start to run wit de ball....WOW!!!!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2010, 06:30:15 AM »
I never thought I would see the day a British player abuse a Brazilian like that... all the more stunning that is Maicon.

Comn Fergie, this fella showing u what hes got  ;D
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2010, 06:46:27 AM »

Comn Fergie, this fella showing u what hes got  ;D

Ferguson was a Bale fan from long time. Bale turn down United to take the Spurs offer
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2010, 07:04:44 AM »
Spurs !!! CLASS is class ...dais why I like dis team ...over the years they have played continental football ...the razzle and the dazzle with Villa, Ardiles  and Hoddle ....now Bale and Lennon ...dont change allyuh style boys .... your time will come again . Ever since I saw that 3 touch Hoddle goal when the ball never touched the ground from de goal kick ...I backing spurs in England !!
Football is style ....results are forgotten ....Style is always remembered !

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2010, 07:11:26 AM »
Gotta love Spurs fans, chanting "Taxi for Maicon" after the game .....lol Go Spurs!!!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2010, 07:31:54 AM »
Check meh boy pre match comments ....

Champions League holders Inter beat Tottenham Hotspur 4-3 two weeks ago at San Siro, but former England international Glenn Hoddle has voiced his opinion that Spurs could cause the Nerazzurri all kinds of trouble in Tuesday's game at White Hart Lane.

"White Hart Lane only holds 36,000, it isn’t like playing in front of 90,000, but the way the ground is, and how compact and how snug it is the place will be rocking and I think that will raise the Spurs players," Hoddle said, according to fifa.com.

"Not many teams like going to White Hart Lane with that sort of atmosphere and I think Spurs’ players will have a much bigger and better stride to their play, and they’ll raise their game without a shadow of a doubt.

"It won’t be an easy match for Inter. They’ll come away, whatever result they get, saying that it was a tough game."

Inter have collected seven points from their opening three games, while Tottenham have accumulated four points.

Never can forget seeing hoddle in Trinidad ...man could thread ah needle with ah pass !! his free kicks and corners were unbelievebe ...he would kick a corner with no run and from an impossible angle .... the zidane of english football and a Spurs legend !

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2010, 07:51:09 AM »
Maicon's weakness(es) got exposed yesterday.  It had been said before that positionally he's not a great defender, and yesterday we saw it.  Maicon is also not the quickest- not slow but not so quick either....  Bale is younger and quicker than Maicon, and it was that simple.  Bale didn't use too much guile or imagination to get past him - just a good turn of pace, and always around the outside......if a defender gives you too much yards on your strong side, a good turn of pace is all you need and it's lights out...(for Bale the strong side is the outside- notice how he hardly ever goes inside because he's one-footed)... And Maicon didn't know how to position himself to avoid the foot race (e.g. force him on the inside, and stand on his left) ...Easier said than done of course...

Inter also did a poor job of providing cover for Maicon when they realized that he was coming 2nd in the foot race every time....

10 out of 10 performance by Bale at the end of the day....After this two-legged tie, Inter will remember him for a long time to come. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 09:09:29 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2010, 08:44:59 AM »
Benitez should've change tactics after the first 20 minutes. Mourinho is a master tactician and would've made that adjustment early o' clock.

They should've forced Spurs to play in the center channel and stifle the wings. Early high pressure from Muntari and Zanetti to prevent Bale from getting the pass in such open space to be able to run at Maicon.

Give jack his jacket though, I eh see ah big tall winger run so fast with the ball in a while. Giggs natural successor maybe? Time will tell. An all out winger is a dying breed and being able to run at that speed and send in a telling cross is another thing, and he did it time after time.

Maybe with Cambiasso and Cesar, it may have been a different game, good 3 points for Spurs nonetheless.

Expect the ManUre's to be knocking on Spurs' door come January.

Més que un club.

1]; } ?>